independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 2:45am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Marilyn McCoo (what a hottie)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/05/19 7:22pm

kpowers

avatar

Marilyn McCoo (what a hottie)

Always thought she was a cutie back in the day. Billy was lucky

tumblr_nun8x5cvqK1qesepao1_400.pngPicture+9.png2822fba49891bf57e2c37be659ee6c56.jpg

Music-5th-Dimension-640x360.jpg

[Edited 10/6/19 1:06am]

[Edited 10/6/19 16:12pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/06/19 12:52am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

"Sammy was lucky?" disbelief

I'm pretty certain you mean her husband since 1969, BILLY Davis, Jr., right? confuse





Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/06/19 1:06am

kpowers

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

"Sammy was lucky?" disbelief

I'm pretty certain you mean her husband since 1969, BILLY Davis, Jr., right? confuse






Oops yes, meant to say Billy. Yeah I know she wasn't married to Sammy Davis Jr. falloff

[Edited 10/6/19 14:00pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/06/19 2:41pm

SoulAlive

I loved watching her as one of the hosts of 'Solid Gold' in the early 80s...very classy woman with a great voice!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/06/19 3:24pm

onlyforaminute

You had me scared there for a minute. She is a lovely woman.

I won't post up, up and away. I won't. I promise.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/06/19 4:11pm

kpowers

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

You had me scared there for a minute. She is a lovely woman. I won't post up, up and away. I won't. I promise.

OK I see, will fix that

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/06/19 8:04pm

SoulAlive

and who could ever forget the 1975 classic hit that she recorded with her husband....

"You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)" music my mother had that 45 single.Such a great tune!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/07/19 1:05am

phunkdaddy

avatar

Let The Sunshine In

lol

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/07/19 4:33am

RJOrion

as a lil kid i used to love her, Pam Grier and Chaka Khan
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/07/19 6:02am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

kpowers said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

"Sammy was lucky?" disbelief

I'm pretty certain you mean her husband since 1969, BILLY Davis, Jr., right? confuse






Oops yes, meant to say Billy. Yeah I know she wasn't married to Sammy Davis Jr. falloff

[Edited 10/6/19 14:00pm]

lol

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/07/19 7:42am

Musicslave

RJOrion said:

as a lil kid i used to love her, Pam Grier and Chaka Khan

-

Nice taste. wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/07/19 7:43am

Musicslave

And she still looks good too in those recent pics.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/07/19 10:32am

onlyforaminute

kpowers said:



onlyforaminute said:


You had me scared there for a minute. She is a lovely woman. I won't post up, up and away. I won't. I promise.

OK I see, will fix that


It seemed kind of random but no biggie.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/07/19 11:11am

kpowers

avatar

Image result for marilyn mccoo separate ways

As a huge Journey fan, she did a real good job singing Separate Ways on Solid Gold.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/08/19 9:56am

Empress

Marilyn is a beautiful woman with a great voice.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/08/19 1:41pm

BalladofPeterP
arker

She was an absolute knockout in her day! Beautiful!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/08/19 5:04pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Their songs fucking stinked.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/08/19 5:29pm

RJOrion

2freaky4church1 said:

Their songs fucking stinked.




LOL...they sang cheesey jingles and pretentious show-tunes...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/08/19 6:36pm

kpowers

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Their songs fucking stinked.

Still better than most of the CRAP music of the past 20 years

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/10/19 7:58am

TylerTheDebate
r

I used to LOVE this woman when I saw her on TV back in the day
and the funny thing is that she's actually older than my mom, lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/10/19 2:07pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

kpowers said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Their songs fucking stinked.

Still better than most of the CRAP music of the past 20 years

nod

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/15/19 11:00am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

The Marilyn & McCoo Show was much watched TV back in the day & Marilyn was the highlight of it.

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/23/19 2:00pm

Tontoman22

Another forgotten (ignored) Black Female artist, by the younger generations because of all the false information and deceptive editing on Wikipedia's - Whitney Houston's bio page and her related pages. Which basically falsely claims (and without proper referencing) she was some kind of a trail blazer in for Black Female Aritsts. It's laughable, but sad at the same time, as many women who came before and made a huge impact are not given their due. And the lazy journalist of today reference wikipedia but don't bother to check the actuall pages references. Marylin led the Fifth Dimension to 2 Record of the Year Grammy's in 68 & 70 the first black aritst to do so.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/23/19 7:02pm

kpowers

avatar

Tontoman22 said:

Another forgotten (ignored) Black Female artist, by the younger generations because of all the false information and deceptive editing on Wikipedia's - Whitney Houston's bio page and her related pages. Which basically falsely claims (and without proper referencing) she was some kind of a trail blazer in for Black Female Aritsts. It's laughable, but sad at the same time, as many women who came before and made a huge impact are not given their due. And the lazy journalist of today reference wikipedia but don't bother to check the actuall pages references. Marylin led the Fifth Dimension to 2 Record of the Year Grammy's in 68 & 70 the first black aritst to do so.


Very good points
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Marilyn McCoo (what a hottie)