independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 2:51pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > George Michael's lover Fadi Fawaz 'demands a multi-million pound payout from the singer's fortune
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/22/17 8:54am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

George Michael's lover Fadi Fawaz 'demands a multi-million pound payout from the singer's fortune

source

George Michael's lover Fadi Fawaz is said to be demanding a multi-million pound payout from the singer's fortune and wants to stay in the star's £5million house.

The 43-year-old does not want to give up the lavish lifestyle gifted to him by the pop legend, and a source said he is seeking to make sure he gets huge sums of money when the will is eventually settled.

His demands are understood to include remaining at the house in Regent's Park after his hopes to make millions from a tell-all book were dashed when publishers only offered him £50,000.


A childhood friend of the Wham! singer, Andros Georgiou, told the Sun on Sunday the bold bid came after Fawaz touted the idea of the book around the publishing industry.

It is thought when it failed to generate the enthusiasm he was hoping for, the hairdresser, who was with George Michael for seven years, went after his former lover's estate in a bid to hold on to his life of luxury.


Georgiou, 54, told the paper: 'This is not something his family ever imagined they would have to deal with.

'But Fadi has made no secret of how much he wants money.'

Fawaz found George Michael dead on Christmas Day in Goring, Oxfordshire, but the circumstances surrounding his death have been clouded with uncertainty.

The star's boyfriend was vocal on Twitter until earlier this month when he deleted his account having posted a cryptic message reading: 'Please forgive me for what I am going to do.'

Georgiou told The Sun: 'In light of his demands, that request for forgiveness makes sense.' It comes after it appeared George Michael's family attempted to freeze Fawaz out of the funeral.

He had to race to attend the ceremony after finding out about it at the last minute.

The 43-year-old was then said to have been refused entry to the wake as emotions continued to run high between the hairdresser and the family of Michael.

Meanwhile, the singer's former lover Kenny Goss was seemingly welcomed with open arms, attending both the funeral and the wake.

Fawaz had been pictured going for a walk at about midday near Michael's home in Regent's Park.

He was asked by a photographer if he was going to the funeral, causing him to rush back to his house and change into a black suit.

He later attended Highgate Cemetery in North London as the final guest to arrive, where he paid his respects before making his way home, as other guests attended the wake, The Sun reported.

Fadi Fawaz has yet to comment on the claims.



This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/22/17 9:04am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

He'd better head back to the salon; the ride is ova.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/22/17 9:05am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

My comments:

I don't always think this about a celebrity's ex-partner, but I really did, at one point, think "I bet he's going to try and stay in that house". There was something odd them being boyfriends, yet Fawaz slept in his car instead of going home on Christmas Eve. When he got up and went back inside on Christmas morning, he found George gone. They were "excited" for Christmas, yet he slept in the car the night before? I don't know the details of that, and it's ultimately irrelevant perhaps. There was just something odd about it, and it threw a flag on the field in my head about how he'd react after it was announced George was dead.

I'm not sure of British law with this sort of thing, or if George actually provided for Fawaz in his will. But when the dust settles (hard to believe it's only been six months), it'll be very interesting to see how George's estate is settled out. His sister was in charge of stuff, and his executor. She's always been trustworthy in handling his affairs like that, so I'm not sure how much of a change Fadi boy has in this.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/22/17 9:25am

laurarichardso
n

TrivialPursuit said:

My comments:

I don't always think this about a celebrity's ex-partner, but I really did, at one point, think "I bet he's going to try and stay in that house". There was something odd them being boyfriends, yet Fawaz slept in his car instead of going home on Christmas Eve. When he got up and went back inside on Christmas morning, he found George gone. They were "excited" for Christmas, yet he slept in the car the night before? I don't know the details of that, and it's ultimately irrelevant perhaps. There was just something odd about it, and it threw a flag on the field in my head about how he'd react after it was announced George was dead.

I'm not sure of British law with this sort of thing, or if George actually provided for Fawaz in his will. But when the dust settles (hard to believe it's only been six months), it'll be very interesting to see how George's estate is settled out. His sister was in charge of stuff, and his executor. She's always been trustworthy in handling his affairs like that, so I'm not sure how much of a change Fadi boy has in this.

Why is there always a significant other that will not go away it is like having a stalker after death.

James Brown had his crazy bigamist wife.

Prince and his stalking ex-wives and not even real neices.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/22/17 9:52am

Identity






Wake up to reality, indolent freeloader. You've mooched off your last multi-millionaire celebrity. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/22/17 10:03am

PatrickS77

avatar

Geez. If he's not in the will, I'd say: "Get lost!" The nerve of some people.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/22/17 11:17am

Comser

it's strange there is no will (or it's missing) I dont know Brit Law on same sex couples...7 years together etc, but if they can't find will...he might get something...the actual will might not have included him at all (maybe Kenny and family members) but I wouldnt be surprised if it was destroyed

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/22/17 11:22am

Comser

plus....it's already too suspicious that same lover was with Stephen Gately at the end...wonder if Fadi is just preying on the rich gay celebrities....all sorts of drugs out there that are undetectable

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/22/17 12:14pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Prince and his stalking ex-wives and not even real neices.


Unfair and untrue statement. He has two ex-wives, who happen to now be friends. Both of them have asked for nothing from the estate. Mayte started writing the book well before he died. Who are they stalking? This is their experience, too, and have ever right to tell it.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/22/17 12:16pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Comser said:

it's strange there is no will (or it's missing) I dont know Brit Law on same sex couples...7 years together etc, but if they can't find will...he might get something...the actual will might not have included him at all (maybe Kenny and family members) but I wouldnt be surprised if it was destroyed


The law is one thing, but his will can trump much of that. I'd not heard that there wasn't one. His sister had a hand in his affairs, so I'm sure she can figure out where that is located.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/22/17 12:42pm

paisleypark4

avatar

If he is in the will yes but other than that, no. He is not entitled to anything. i thought highly of him, until this...now he is just like any other moocher. As the old proverb of Bey 3:13 once said, "if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it". nod

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/22/17 5:10pm

cloveringold85

avatar

What??!! What is he on? Ridiculous!! disbelief

.

George was not even involved with him anymore; he wanted nothing to do with him! He was stalking GM; that's why he was sleeping outside his house the night before. He's a liar and delusional!!!! wacky

rolleyes

[Edited 5/22/17 17:12pm]

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/22/17 7:10pm

laurarichardso
n

TrivialPursuit said:



laurarichardson said:



Prince and his stalking ex-wives and not even real neices.





Unfair and untrue statement. He has two ex-wives, who happen to now be friends. Both of them have asked for nothing from the estate. Mayte started writing the book well before he died. Who are they stalking? This is their experience, too, and have ever right to tell it.


--M1 goes around saying she is his widow and refers to him as her husband. They have asked nothing from the estate because they are not entitled to anything. M1 is also going to write a second book so she is riding the Purple horse to the bank. According to Dr. Funkenbery Prince did not even speak to M2 anymore and he had to tell Prince about the school which did not get named after him after all that talk. M2 has kept her mouth closed after those divorce docs showed what a greedy person she was and do not get me started on Eric.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/22/17 8:03pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

https://68.media.tumblr.com/cf01de43e1044e4dc1f1a85a656d1f17/tumblr_oiwumkoJeO1w02h8ao10_540.gif

For 65 years straight, the #1 genre in music, selling wise, was rock n' roll worldwide. Last year (2017) in June, it got de-crowned by hip hop. Hip hop is the #1 genre. It's hip hop - rock - country - pop or pop - country. ~ Pras
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/22/17 8:31pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

PatrickS77 said:

Geez. If he's not in the will, I'd say: "Get lost!" The nerve of some people.

yeahthat but knowing him he will probably sell stories to the tabloids for $$$$$$$$

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/22/17 9:37pm

morningsong

paisleypark4 said:

If he is in the will yes but other than that, no. He is not entitled to anything. i thought highly of him, until this...now he is just like any other moocher. As the old proverb of Bey 3:13 once said, "if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it". nod





Ha! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/24/17 4:01am

Chancellor

avatar

People can say whatever they want about Fadi but he has every right to be pissed...He lost his long-time Lover and George probably did not leave him anything in his Will....Yeah, Fadi is used to a certain lifestyle but it's obvious George NEVER put a Ring on his finger...

People keep thinking that being someone's long-time Lover is better than marriage, you better do your homework and find out the Common-Law Marriage requirements in your Country/State..

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, rich or poor...Fadi needs to move on with his Life and take this as a lesson learned...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/24/17 10:43am

morningsong

Chancellor said:

People can say whatever they want about Fadi but he has every right to be pissed...He lost his long-time Lover and George probably did not leave him anything in his Will....Yeah, Fadi is used to a certain lifestyle but it's obvious George NEVER put a Ring on his finger...

People keep thinking that being someone's long-time Lover is better than marriage, you better do your homework and find out the Common-Law Marriage requirements in your Country/State..

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, rich or poor...Fadi needs to move on with his Life and take this as a lesson learned...



I agree. 7 years is a long time to be investing in someone to end up back a square one.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/24/17 11:20am

paisleypark4

avatar

morningsong said:

Chancellor said:

People can say whatever they want about Fadi but he has every right to be pissed...He lost his long-time Lover and George probably did not leave him anything in his Will....Yeah, Fadi is used to a certain lifestyle but it's obvious George NEVER put a Ring on his finger...

People keep thinking that being someone's long-time Lover is better than marriage, you better do your homework and find out the Common-Law Marriage requirements in your Country/State..

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, rich or poor...Fadi needs to move on with his Life and take this as a lesson learned...



I agree. 7 years is a long time to be investing in someone to end up back a square one.

This is true and I am sure George still loved him despite his faults and obviously he was the last person that was there for him, but all that doesnt hold up in court shrug This is part of the reason why people jump the broom. i know if my bf died i would just be shit out of luck unless he put me in his will.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/24/17 12:29pm

PatrickS77

avatar

Chancellor said:

People can say whatever they want about Fadi but he has every right to be pissed...He lost his long-time Lover and George probably did not leave him anything in his Will....Yeah, Fadi is used to a certain lifestyle but it's obvious George NEVER put a Ring on his finger...

People keep thinking that being someone's long-time Lover is better than marriage, you better do your homework and find out the Common-Law Marriage requirements in your Country/State..

Tomorrow is not promised to any of us, rich or poor...Fadi needs to move on with his Life and take this as a lesson learned...


Why? Why should he have a right? Why is he supposed to be entitled to something? GM owes him nothing. He should treat those 7 years of luxury lifestyle a gift. Apparently GM didn't think he should get something after his passing or he would have reflected that in his will. Where is the notion coming from that a partner, especially one that isn't married and really only came along long after GM made the bulk of his fortune, should get anything, once the wealthy partner has died? Why should a spouse be more entitled than kids or other blood relatives, especially one that came along long after (in this case I'm talking about the Alan Thicke mess, where the spouse wants more money) the bulk of the fortune have been amassed?

[Edited 5/24/17 12:31pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/25/17 4:52am

paisleypark4

avatar

https://twitter.com/fadifawaz?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Fadi denies this allegation

“Some guy claiming to be George’s cousin, and who knows nothing about our life together, is coming out with the craziest rubbish.

‘Although it is simply crazy stuff it makes me embarrassed and sad that this is still happening, and that some people even seem to take it seriously.’

Now I just want to be left alone to get on with my life and to think about the person I have lost.

‘I want to grieve, and I want other people to show respect for the loss of the man who brought such wonderful music to all.

‘I want to be left alone.

‘I have nothing more for the newspapers to sell, only my grief. They are even judging that because I can still smile sometimes.

‘If they do continue to write about me I apologise in advance and tell you that this part of my life is finished now.

‘This sad, sad story is coming to its end and I just have to move on.

‘With thanks and respect. Fadi.’

[Edited 5/25/17 4:54am]

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/25/17 10:58am

Cinny

avatar

That's just like unfamiliar family to welcome someone like Kenny Goss at the funeral and wake, who they may have known, but NOT current with George.

George was certainly current with Fadi for all of the 2010's. Anyone trying to deny that is just fooling themselves.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/25/17 11:03am

Cinny

avatar

Chancellor said:

People can say whatever they want about Fadi but he has every right to be pissed...He lost his long-time Lover and George probably did not leave him anything in his Will....Yeah, Fadi is used to a certain lifestyle but it's obvious George NEVER put a Ring on his finger...


Gay marriage is not the norm, especially for George Michael's generation. Fadi isn't some floozie George just met in 2016.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > George Michael's lover Fadi Fawaz 'demands a multi-million pound payout from the singer's fortune