independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 20th Sep 2019 9:07am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Group of black rappers give props to Eminem.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/16/17 8:45am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Group of black rappers give props to Eminem.

This is amazing:

Even Rakim? Wow. Tupac would have hated him.

Scarface can beat Em? wha.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/16/17 8:46am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Blacks are more fair. They just are.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/16/17 8:56am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

My man has a pretty house:

http://detroit.cbslocal.c...-together/

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/16/17 12:51pm

214

I like Eminem as an artist, and i dig hi as a person, even if i don't know much, if any, about him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/17/17 4:15pm

paisleypark4

avatar

Eminem put in WORK in his career.. Has anyone heard Campaign Speech? holy.....it just doesnt get any better

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/17/17 4:21pm

paisleypark4

avatar

Now you got me going on my ipod yessssss for this one

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/20/17 2:07am

mechanicalemot
ion17

Like Elvis and Vanilla Ice before him...Eminem is highly overrated. Another great white hope nothing more nothing less. Dre cosigned and Blacks fell for it lock, stock, and barrel.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/20/17 8:58am

RJOrion

mechanicalemotion17 said:

Like Elvis and Vanilla Ice before him...Eminem is highly overrated. Another great white hope nothing more nothing less. Dre cosigned and Blacks fell for it lock, stock, and barrel.



you speak the truth ...they dont wanna hear it though...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/20/17 11:03am

MD431Madcat

avatar

Many ( ? ) people are ignorant.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/20/17 12:50pm

214

mechanicalemotion17 said:

Like Elvis and Vanilla Ice before him...Eminem is highly overrated. Another great white hope nothing more nothing less. Dre cosigned and Blacks fell for it lock, stock, and barrel.

Overrated? in what sense, you're saying that just because he is white, if his songs were sung by a black guy, then you would say nothing at all.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/20/17 1:05pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

That might be your hate of whites.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/20/17 1:11pm

novabrkr

Is his influence apparent on the music that we hear today?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/20/17 1:35pm

RJOrion

novabrkr said:

Is his influence apparent on the music that we hear today?

no

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/20/17 1:39pm

heathilly

Eminem has always gotten props from black rappers I don't see the big deal. He's good at was he does one of the best no matter what color he is.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/20/17 1:50pm

Guitarhero

Why is everything always about race. Even the video just says rappers talk about Eminem. Rappers acknowledging another rapper. Stop dividing people, the sooner the better we can all come together as one in peace. But that takes everyone.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/20/17 2:15pm

RJOrion

Guitarhero said:

Why is everything always about race. Even the video just says rappers talk about Eminem. Rappers acknowledging another rapper. Stop dividing people, the sooner the better we can all come together as one in peace. But that takes everyone.

seriously.... why would the OP even headline "Black Rappers Give Props to Eminem"?...what were they trying to prove or confirm or validate?...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/20/17 2:29pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

He helped popularise the genre in the late 90's and early 2000's. For a lot of young (predominantly white) people at that time, he was their gateway into rap music. So, whether you like his music or not (and I don't) or whether you think he's overrated (I do), you can't deny that he helped to create a bigger market for mainstream rap music. Therefore, it stands to reason that a lot of rappers would give him "props". He helped popularise a genre of music they do, which in turn, led to a lot of rappers of all colours earning a lot of money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/20/17 3:41pm

heathilly

RJOrion said:



novabrkr said:


Is his influence apparent on the music that we hear today?





no


I think you can hear Eminem in early Kendrick Lamar and in the broadway play Hamilton and that transcends just popular music. Not to bring it back to race again but white rappers after Eminem are either trying to be him or avoid being compared to him he's become a totem of rap music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/20/17 3:46pm

214

RJOrion said:

novabrkr said:

Is his influence apparent on the music that we hear today?

no

Says who?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/20/17 3:49pm

214

RJOrion said:

Guitarhero said:

Why is everything always about race. Even the video just says rappers talk about Eminem. Rappers acknowledging another rapper. Stop dividing people, the sooner the better we can all come together as one in peace. But that takes everyone.

seriously.... why would the OP even headline "Black Rappers Give Props to Eminem"?...what were they trying to prove or confirm or validate?...

Hip Hop is black music, Eminem is white so it's a way to "validate" him as a rapper.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/20/17 4:13pm

RJOrion

214 said:



RJOrion said:




novabrkr said:


Is his influence apparent on the music that we hear today?





no



Says who?



RJOrion
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/20/17 4:19pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

He helped popularise the genre in the late 90's and early 2000's. For a lot of young (predominantly white) people at that time, he was their gateway into rap music. So, whether you like his music or not (and I don't) or whether you think he's overrated (I do), you can't deny that he helped to create a bigger market for mainstream rap music. Therefore, it stands to reason that a lot of rappers would give him "props". He helped popularise a genre of music they do, which in turn, led to a lot of rappers of all colours earning a lot of money.


As far as white rappers go the Beastie Boys had him beat years ago and probably
before some of you were born. Run DMC also broke those doors down with their rap metal before the Beasties came along. As for Eminem I'm not a fan and while I do like Lose Yourself and maybe 2 others I feel he is overrated too. While he has had an impact on white suburbia there are other rappers like Kanye West and Jay Z that have hit that market too. I thought when he first came out with the Slim Shady persona and making raps about killing his baby's mom I thought he was cornball.
Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/20/17 5:02pm

214

RJOrion said:

214 said:

Says who?

RJOrion

Whos the hell,that guy is?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/20/17 5:09pm

214

Sorry guys, but smells like racism all over this thread, and this is not against black people.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/20/17 6:19pm

RJOrion

214 said:

Sorry guys, but smells like racism all over this thread, and this is not against black people.

who would it be against?...who are you apologizing to?.... i see no racism... where is it?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/20/17 8:46pm

alphastreet

phunkdaddy said:

EmmaMcG said:

He helped popularise the genre in the late 90's and early 2000's. For a lot of young (predominantly white) people at that time, he was their gateway into rap music. So, whether you like his music or not (and I don't) or whether you think he's overrated (I do), you can't deny that he helped to create a bigger market for mainstream rap music. Therefore, it stands to reason that a lot of rappers would give him "props". He helped popularise a genre of music they do, which in turn, led to a lot of rappers of all colours earning a lot of money.


As far as white rappers go the Beastie Boys had him beat years ago and probably
before some of you were born. Run DMC also broke those doors down with their rap metal before the Beasties came along. As for Eminem I'm not a fan and while I do like Lose Yourself and maybe 2 others I feel he is overrated too. While he has had an impact on white suburbia there are other rappers like Kanye West and Jay Z that have hit that market too. I thought when he first came out with the Slim Shady persona and making raps about killing his baby's mom I thought he was cornball.


Yes, and not to mention mc hammer and vanilla ice having diamond albums that accumulated overtime. So much for mainstream not caring. Plus fresh prince/will smith was pretty much accepted by mainstream and by the Grammys for popularizing "safe" hip hop culture. One must keep in mind Eminem and bubblegum acts of the late 90s came at a time when Viacom bought networks and due to the economy, kids were spending more money than ever on popular culture and Eminem was part of that. He spoke to suburbia and low income populations and people were drawn to that. If anything it was a win win cause Dre profited too
[Edited 1/20/17 20:48pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/20/17 9:06pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

alphastreet said:

phunkdaddy said:
As far as white rappers go the Beastie Boys had him beat years ago and probably before some of you were born. Run DMC also broke those doors down with their rap metal before the Beasties came along. As for Eminem I'm not a fan and while I do like Lose Yourself and maybe 2 others I feel he is overrated too. While he has had an impact on white suburbia there are other rappers like Kanye West and Jay Z that have hit that market too. I thought when he first came out with the Slim Shady persona and making raps about killing his baby's mom I thought he was cornball.
Yes, and not to mention mc hammer and vanilla ice having diamond albums that accumulated overtime. So much for mainstream not caring. Plus fresh prince/will smith was pretty much accepted by mainstream and by the Grammys for popularizing "safe" hip hop culture. One must keep in mind Eminem and bubblegum acts of the late 90s came at a time when Viacom bought networks and due to the economy, kids were spending more money than ever on popular culture and Eminem was part of that. He spoke to suburbia and low income populations and people were drawn to that. If anything it was a win win cause Dre profited too [Edited 1/20/17 20:48pm]

How the hell did I forget about MC Hammer? Because it was so easy to do. lol

MC Hammer did indeed break into mainstream pop with the Hammer Don't Hurt Em

and 2 Legit to Quit albums. I knew he was deep in it when I was taking a business law course

in 1990 and my professor was talking about how much she loved Hammer and how he was

such a smart man. He speaks so well! He speaks so well! lol

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/20/17 9:09pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

214 said:

Sorry guys, but smells like racism all over this thread, and this is not against black people.

Well this racist guy here was a fan of the Beastie Boys. wink

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/20/17 10:13pm

RJOrion

3rd Bass validated white rappers way b4 eminem did...also House Of Pain and Beastie Boys...Eminem's influence is overstated...a media creation...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/20/17 10:22pm

tritoncin

avatar

I find this title funny... As if Black rappers had the monopoly of rap.

If the guy is good, he's good...

Then people talk about racism.

lol lol lol

"America is a continent..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Group of black rappers give props to Eminem.