independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 15th Dec 2019 3:26pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Bruno Mars on SNL + Upcoming events + Interview w/ Carson Daly
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/03/16 4:49am

Shawy89

avatar

Bruno Mars on SNL + Upcoming events + Interview w/ Carson Daly

Upcoming concerts:

CBS RADIO'S WE CAN SURVIVE (Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA) next Saturdaty (Oct. 22) at 06:30 PM.

Maryland + Las Vegas residency concerts (http://www.ticketmaster.c...st/1466801 for more details)

Award shows:

MTV Europe Music Awards on November 6th.

NRJ Music Awards on November 12th

American Music Awards on November 20th.

Interviews:

http://amp.cbslocal.com/2...-features/
[Edited 10/19/16 13:55pm]
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/03/16 3:53pm

dancerella

Experimental country and orchestral jazz? That souds dreadful..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/03/16 5:06pm

214

He waited for 4 long years

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/03/16 7:05pm

morningsong

I knew he was awfully quiet for some reason.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/03/16 7:39pm

mjscarousal

I am ready! I love this dude, there is hope, there is hope!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/03/16 9:27pm

CynicKill

It'll be all over the place in a matter of minutes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/04/16 2:11am

MattyJam

avatar

I find it curous how Ed Sheeran is lambusted as ear vomit, and yet Bruno Mars, whose bland, insipid music is tailor-made for housewives, is celebrated here on the org. Can't help but feel there's a racial compenant to it somewhere.... Yeah, I went there and said it. razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/04/16 8:33am

MotownSubdivis
ion

avatar

MattyJam said:

I find it curous how Ed Sheeran is lambusted as ear vomit, and yet Bruno Mars, whose bland, insipid music is tailor-made for housewives, is celebrated here on the org. Can't help but feel there's a racial compenant to it somewhere.... Yeah, I went there and said it. razz

Bruno has a slick old school flair and can pull off classic sounds convincingly while giving them a modern twist. If Bruno made Sheeran's music I wouldn't be a fan.

That said, I don't know how to feel about this new song (experimental country?) but I'll be one of the first to check it out Friday.
[Edited 10/4/16 8:34am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/04/16 11:55am

mjscarousal

MattyJam said:

I find it curous how Ed Sheeran is lambusted as ear vomit, and yet Bruno Mars, whose bland, insipid music is tailor-made for housewives, is celebrated here on the org. Can't help but feel there's a racial compenant to it somewhere.... Yeah, I went there and said it. razz

As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.

[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/04/16 12:49pm

214

mjscarousal said:

MattyJam said:

I find it curous how Ed Sheeran is lambusted as ear vomit, and yet Bruno Mars, whose bland, insipid music is tailor-made for housewives, is celebrated here on the org. Can't help but feel there's a racial compenant to it somewhere.... Yeah, I went there and said it. razz

As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.

[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]

Really, tell me more... to me actually is one of the most overrated and ugly songs in las years, that title would go to Rollin In The Deep but no way Uptown

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/04/16 1:40pm

MattyJam

avatar

mjscarousal said:

MattyJam said:

I find it curous how Ed Sheeran is lambusted as ear vomit, and yet Bruno Mars, whose bland, insipid music is tailor-made for housewives, is celebrated here on the org. Can't help but feel there's a racial compenant to it somewhere.... Yeah, I went there and said it. razz

As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.

[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]


Experiemental? Are we talking about the same guy here, the one that sings Just The Way You Are and Grenade?

Uptown Funk was a good song, but I consider that a Mark Ronson track with Bruno on vocals. I've yet to hear anything from Bruno Mars that is above average.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/04/16 1:55pm

mjscarousal

214 said:

mjscarousal said:

As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.

[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]

Really, tell me more... to me actually is one of the most overrated and ugly songs in las years, that title would go to Rollin In The Deep but no way Uptown

Uptown Funk is not an innovative song but it is a song that is heavily inspired by 70's funk, p-funk, sly, kool n the gang, george clinton etc. It is a good pop song and there is nothing overrated about the song when we compare the context of the current pop landscape and his peers. I can list a bunch of overrated songs that is constantly played in rotation and Upttown Funk is definitly not one of them. Uptown Funk is just as good as Rolling in the Deep. I like that Bruno tries to bring the old school flair back to music and performances. I never said that he was a genius but he is one of the better pop stars.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/04/16 2:06pm

mjscarousal

MattyJam said:

mjscarousal said:

As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.

[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]


Experiemental? Are we talking about the same guy here, the one that sings Just The Way You Are and Grenade?

Uptown Funk was a good song, but I consider that a Mark Ronson track with Bruno on vocals. I've yet to hear anything from Bruno Mars that is above average.

Eh... yea.. when compared to the pop trash out now, Bruno tries to be more creative and experimental with his music. You don't have to be a super fan to at least acknowledge that. Nobody never called Bruno a genius or stellar but I tell you one thing, I rather listen to him than that bland boring Ed Sheeran. If I turn on the radio, Uptown Funk is a more quality song to groove to compared to the other garbage playing on the radio.

[Edited 10/4/16 14:07pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/04/16 3:08pm

MotownSubdivis
ion

avatar

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are far better examples of Bruno's talents than "Uptown Funk" (which as Matty said already, is really a Mark Ronson song that Bruno only sings on). UF is a fun song but it is a clunky mish mash of its influences that it wears so clearly on its sleeve.

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are old school sounding tunes with a modern spin that flow and feel more like actual songs rather than a pile of somewhat modified samples like "Uptown Funk".

[Edited 10/4/16 15:15pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/04/16 3:39pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

No Thank You!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/04/16 4:00pm

214

MotownSubdivision said:

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are far better examples of Bruno's talents than "Uptown Funk" (which as Matty said already, is really a Mark Ronson song that Bruno only sings on). UF is a fun song but it is a clunky mish mash of its influences that it wears so clearly on its sleeve.

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are old school sounding tunes with a modern spin that flow and feel more like actual songs rather than a pile of somewhat modified samples like "Uptown Funk".

[Edited 10/4/16 15:15pm]

Agree, Moonshine is another one.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/04/16 11:22pm

Shawy89

avatar

mjscarousal said:



214 said:




mjscarousal said:




As far as pop stars goes, Bruno Mars is ahead of the game musically. He makes experimental and interesting music that takes from a lot of his influences but he still incorporates his own individual sounds, lyrics and persona. He is also the best performer out now imo. I don't see how you can call his music bland. Uptown Funk is one of the best pop songs to hit the radio in YEARS. So what if its a heavily inspired P-Funk record, its still good music. I do agree he can improve a bit more lyrically but out of the pop stars out now he is by far the best so I will always root for him. I am glad he tries to be some what creative with his music.


[Edited 10/4/16 11:57am]



Really, tell me more... to me actually is one of the most overrated and ugly songs in las years, that title would go to Rollin In The Deep but no way Uptown




Uptown Funk is not an innovative song but it is a song that is heavily inspired by 70's funk, p-funk, sly, kool n the gang, george clinton etc. It is a good pop song and there is nothing overrated about the song when we compare the context of the current pop landscape and his peers. I can list a bunch of overrated songs that is constantly played in rotation and Upttown Funk is definitly not one of them. Uptown Funk is just as good as Rolling in the Deep. I like that Bruno tries to bring the old school flair back to music and performances. I never said that he was a genius but he is one of the better pop stars.




Definitely agree with you. People think Bruno Mars is like a genius or something, he's barely that great, but when it comes to writing a massive pop song, he's the shit.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/04/16 11:23pm

Shawy89

avatar

214 said:



MotownSubdivision said:


"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are far better examples of Bruno's talents than "Uptown Funk" (which as Matty said already, is really a Mark Ronson song that Bruno only sings on). UF is a fun song but it is a clunky mish mash of its influences that it wears so clearly on its sleeve.



"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are old school sounding tunes with a modern spin that flow and feel more like actual songs rather than a pile of somewhat modified samples like "Uptown Funk".


[Edited 10/4/16 15:15pm]



Agree, Moonshine is another one.



I'm positive this album will showcast all his talents, I'm expecting a masterfully crafted pop album that will later in life be regarded as his magnum opus
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/05/16 12:17am

MattyJam

avatar

mjscarousal said:

Eh... yea.. when compared to the pop trash out now, Bruno tries to be more creative and experimental with his music. You don't have to be a super fan to at least acknowledge that. Nobody never called Bruno a genius or stellar but I tell you one thing, I rather listen to him than that bland boring Ed Sheeran.


Nah, give me Ed anytime. Songs like The A Team, Sing, The One and Afire Love are much better than anything I've heard from Bruno Mars.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/05/16 4:17am

laurarichardso
n

214 said:

MotownSubdivision said:

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are far better examples of Bruno's talents than "Uptown Funk" (which as Matty said already, is really a Mark Ronson song that Bruno only sings on). UF is a fun song but it is a clunky mish mash of its influences that it wears so clearly on its sleeve.

"Locked Out of Heaven" and "Treasure" are old school sounding tunes with a modern spin that flow and feel more like actual songs rather than a pile of somewhat modified samples like "Uptown Funk".

[Edited 10/4/16 15:15pm]

Agree, Moonshine is another one.

---------

Moonshine is a bad ass song and should have been a single. Check Bruno on the Amy Winehouse tribute doing "Valerie" . He was killing it. Dude has star power and I am looking forward to this new CD.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/05/16 7:52am

MotownSubdivis
ion

avatar

MattyJam said:



mjscarousal said:


Eh... yea.. when compared to the pop trash out now, Bruno tries to be more creative and experimental with his music. You don't have to be a super fan to at least acknowledge that. Nobody never called Bruno a genius or stellar but I tell you one thing, I rather listen to him than that bland boring Ed Sheeran.




Nah, give me Ed anytime. Songs like The A Team, Sing, The One and Afire Love are much better than anything I've heard from Bruno Mars.

Maybe if Bruno were British you'd love his music?

I kid but like I said, Bruno can (re)make old school music effortlessly and it's nice to have someone like him around today scoring high charting/ chart topping songs that take people back to happier times of mainstream music or enlighten this generation to the sounds of the past?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/05/16 8:06am

JoeBala


OCTOBER 4, 2016

BRUNO MARS IS BACK: CALLS HIS NEW SINGLE AN ‘INVITATION TO THE PARTY’

CHANEL ADAMS

Bruno Mars is finally back four years after the release of his latest album, Unorthodox Jukebox. The singer took to social media on Monday, Oct. 3, to announce that his new album is finished and his first single is coming out this Friday.

Mars has revealed the song’s title, “24k Magic,” on his Instagram page through nine photos that made up a close-up photo of the musician. The photos show Mars looking down and wearing a white baseball cap emblazoned with the “XXIV k,” which are the Roman Numerals for “24k.”

“Excited to announce 24k Magic, out this Friday!!” he wrote in the final photo of his collage. “You can call it my first single, but I call it the invitation to the party.”

He then made the announcement on his Twitter account.

“24K Magic” is the first song released from his forthcoming album. Unorthodox Jukebox was a breakout album for Mars, according to Entertainment Weekly. It became the singer’s first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200. It spawned hit songs like “Locked Out of Heaven,” “When I Was Your Man,” and “Treasure.”

Since then, Mars has sung on Mark Ronson’s 2014 hit song “Uptown Funk,” written “All I Ask,” with Adele, performed at the Super Bowl twice, and debuted the ballad “Rest Of My Life” on the Season 2 finale of the CW’s Jane The Virgin. Skrillex has announced that Mars will be an upcoming collaborator on his new album, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“I’m not going to give specifics of what it sounds like, but we’re doing is so f***ing different, awesome and next level and sounds like nothing else that’s happened before,” he was quoted saying at the time.

In the meantime, Mars will be performing at the Mohegan Sun Arena 1 on Friday, Oct. 7, according to the Hartford Courant. It’s very likely that Mars will play his new song “24K Magic” along with a medley of his hit songs. Mars’ performance starts at 7:30 p.m. and ticket prices range from $79 to $600. Get more information on tickets and direction at mohegansun.com.

It’s been rumored that Bruno Mars is slated to come out with a new album later this year. Fans have been patiently waiting for new music from the hit maker. Back in February, Mars’ engineer Charles Moniz told Billboard that Mars’ new album was “close” to complete and it’s going to be the “next movement of Bruno.” Meanwhile, bassist Jamareo Artis revealed that a new album will be out later this year along with a tour to follow, and hinted that the new music is “groove-oriented.”

“We’ve been working on it for about a year, trying different ideas and experimenting,” Artis said in an interview with Bass Player. “I don’t know what’s going to be included in the final version, but it’s going to have a new sound, and so far, the material is very groove-oriented. It’ll be out sometime this year, and then we’ll hit the road again.”

Rumors have been swirling that new music from Mars was going to come out by the end of September, according to We Got This Covered. Music industry outlet Hits Daily Double said that Mars’ new single was originally scheduled to drop last week.

No release date or title has been announced yet. Very little details are known about Mars’ new album as of this moment. Mars has reassured fans on Twitter about his new music, saying, “You think I’ve been playin this whole time? You don’t think I’m masterminding the return?”

Let us know what you think. Are you looking forward to some new music from Bruno Mars? Sound off below in the comments section.


Read/Pics more at: http://www.inquisitr.com/...JVA1y7B.99

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/05/16 10:01am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

I'm READY!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/05/16 12:32pm

214

laurarichardson said:

214 said:

Agree, Moonshine is another one.

---------

Moonshine is a bad ass song and should have been a single. Check Bruno on the Amy Winehouse tribute doing "Valerie" . He was killing it. Dude has star power and I am looking forward to this new CD.

Indeed, that tribute is just amazing, beautiful; very moving.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/06/16 6:23am

JoeBala

NaughtyKitty said:

I'm READY!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

I was wondering where you were. smile You ready for Saturday? wink Good to see you back NK. smile

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/06/16 8:42am

SeventeenDayze

mjscarousal said:

MattyJam said:


Experiemental? Are we talking about the same guy here, the one that sings Just The Way You Are and Grenade?

Uptown Funk was a good song, but I consider that a Mark Ronson track with Bruno on vocals. I've yet to hear anything from Bruno Mars that is above average.

Eh... yea.. when compared to the pop trash out now, Bruno tries to be more creative and experimental with his music. You don't have to be a super fan to at least acknowledge that. Nobody never called Bruno a genius or stellar but I tell you one thing, I rather listen to him than that bland boring Ed Sheeran. If I turn on the radio, Uptown Funk is a more quality song to groove to compared to the other garbage playing on the radio.

[Edited 10/4/16 14:07pm]

Honey you have written everything that I was going to write, so thanks for saving me the energy wink I would much rather listen to Bruno instead of listening to Ed Sheeran. Yikes!

Trolls be gone!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/06/16 9:20am

CynicKill

I don't get the comparison.

They're both in two different lanes so you can either disregard one for not being your taste, or you can do what I do and appreciate them for what they bring to the table. And TBH they both have their corny moments.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/06/16 12:23pm

MD431Madcat

avatar

WHATEVER... confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/06/16 12:55pm

214

laurarichardson said:

214 said:

Agree, Moonshine is another one.

---------

Moonshine is a bad ass song and should have been a single. Check Bruno on the Amy Winehouse tribute doing "Valerie" . He was killing it. Dude has star power and I am looking forward to this new CD.

Moonshine sounds to me, llike a Michael Jackson's Thriller era song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/06/16 8:51pm

mjscarousal

NaughtyKitty said:

I'm READY!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

I knew you come gurl, can wait for that Bruno thread when this drops razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Bruno Mars on SNL + Upcoming events + Interview w/ Carson Daly