independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Continued.........
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/09/20 9:08am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

The Estate Discussion - Continued.........

Other thread self locked: https://prince.org/msg/7/462476
#2 - Self locked: https://prince.org/msg/7/463098

Continue discussion here--------------------------------------

prince-museum-1.jpg

Click on the link to sign up for updates or to view court documents. - luv4u

Link to court documents: http://www.mncourts.gov/I...elson.aspx

file-a1bd18daf7f5ad6a7a5c2eaa1129af56.jpg

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/09/20 9:34am

nelcp777

The lawsuit against Steve Parke is interesting. If the Estate can enforce the NDA against him, then they should be able to do so against all other employees (if they signed one).

The Estate is also looking to take Parke's entire share of the book plus the $500k in the signed agreement.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/09/20 4:13pm

laytonian

nelcp777 said:

The lawsuit against Steve Parke is interesting. If the Estate can enforce the NDA against him, then they should be able to do so against all other employees (if they signed one).

The Estate is also looking to take Parke's entire share of the book plus the $500k in the signed agreement.


Obviously, this is why Jeff Katz releases his photos through the estate.
Where can I read the lawsuit? (I don't see it on the regular site.)

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/09/20 7:35pm

PennyPurple

avatar

laytonian said:

nelcp777 said:

The lawsuit against Steve Parke is interesting. If the Estate can enforce the NDA against him, then they should be able to do so against all other employees (if they signed one).

The Estate is also looking to take Parke's entire share of the book plus the $500k in the signed agreement.


Obviously, this is why Jeff Katz releases his photos through the estate.
Where can I read the lawsuit? (I don't see it on the regular site.)

I provided a link to it on the other thread.


https://www.courtlistener...a-v-parke/

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/10/20 11:27am

onlyforaminute

The Estate seems to be working methodically, there may be more coming.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/10/20 3:09pm

PennyPurple

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

The Estate seems to be working methodically, there may be more coming.

I hope there is.

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/10/20 9:35pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Just a waste of time to sue Steve Parke. The attorney fees by Comerica will be enormous compared to what they reap.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/10/20 9:40pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

The estate needs to be settled once and for all. Pay the bills and what's left over then distribute amongst the heirs. This is dragging for too long now. I assume that once is all and done that there won't be much left to distribute.

Prince must have had a Will. If not, he should have had one in case of..........


This shit show has to end.

And the poor judge........ He probably sick and tired of all the whining and bitching and infighting he has to deal with. lol Probably have a good martini drink

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/10/20 11:21pm

andrewm7

What bright spark came up with the idea to sue Steve Parke? Comerica ? good luck getting co-operation for future releases...what a dumpster fire

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/11/20 12:39pm

onlyforaminute

I'm nosy now what's Primary Waves comments in all this. I know they can't say much with the Alfred issue pending. Speaking of which how does that issue affect dispersing the Estate? There just always seems to be all kinds of other stuff going on.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/11/20 2:09pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

onlyforaminute said:

I'm nosy now what's Primary Waves comments in all this. I know they can't say much with the Alfred issue pending. Speaking of which how does that issue affect dispersing the Estate? There just always seems to be all kinds of other stuff going on.



There is a link above to keep up with court documents/what's going on

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/12/20 6:14am

rogifan

If the estate really feels the need to go after associates why not Kim Berry? That one I could actually get behind. lol

Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever đź’ś
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/12/20 7:10am

PennyPurple

avatar

rogifan said:

If the estate really feels the need to go after associates why not Kim Berry? That one I could actually get behind. lol

For sure.

Maybe they are just working their way down.

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/12/20 9:59pm

udo

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

The Estate seems to be working methodically, there may be more coming.

.

No, the important question is:

Is the end in sight?

The end of the court appearances, the end of the lawyer leaches eating away from the little money that is left?

How did Prince himself run the shop without so many court dealings?

It is all very wasteful.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/13/20 12:12pm

andrewm7

^wholeheartedly agree.C'mon, someone win Powerball, settle this mess and free the jams ! razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/13/20 1:33pm

onlyforaminute

Well Lonnie & Co. hasn't fulfilled his court ordered obligation. The judge is still the gate keeper if his mandates aren't being followed then on and on it goes.
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/14/20 8:51am

nelcp777

PennyPurple said:

rogifan said:

If the estate really feels the need to go after associates why not Kim Berry? That one I could actually get behind. lol

For sure.

Maybe they are just working their way down.

Maybe they went after Steve Parke for the images. Perhaps the estate thought they could use them in the future for other projects. I have not read Kim's book so I am not sure if there are photos in them. Mayte's book looks like personal photos, so maybe that is how she got around it?

Or maybe the Estate did not locate the NDA's for Kim Berry and other's who have released books?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/14/20 7:44pm

rogifan

nelcp777 said:

PennyPurple said:

For sure.

Maybe they are just working their way down.

Maybe they went after Steve Parke for the images. Perhaps the estate thought they could use them in the future for other projects. I have not read Kim's book so I am not sure if there are photos in them. Mayte's book looks like personal photos, so maybe that is how she got around it?

Or maybe the Estate did not locate the NDA's for Kim Berry and other's who have released books?

Kim was using one of Steve's photos without permission.

Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever đź’ś
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/18/20 1:00pm

Red

No Will. Ever think that Prince WANTED his heirs to be continuously spinning over his Estate? I think he knew exactly what he was doing by leaving everything hanging in the wings. Remember, the man fought for his rights in music, he fought for his masters, so he had some undertanding of various legal affairs. Who at his age with legacy and financial wealth doesn't think about where it's going to go upon death? He thought about it. I mean - he really thought aboutit. He knew chaos and disorder would ensue He loved games and pranks. He was methodical and had a temererious dark streak that ran through him. Right The Wrong. He's moved on.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/18/20 11:04pm

udo

avatar

Prince got sloppy in the end.

Same thing was observed here.

He could have set up a foundation with all of his assets that would share the profits with the heirs.

He could have simply divided all stuf between the heirs.

He could have appointed someonebody to take over the affairs (instead of the current Estate fumblings (hey Lonny and Charlie)).

He did nothing of that.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/18/20 11:13pm

Mumio

avatar

Red said:

No Will. Ever think that Prince WANTED his heirs to be continuously spinning over his Estate? I think he knew exactly what he was doing by leaving everything hanging in the wings. Remember, the man fought for his rights in music, he fought for his masters, so he had some undertanding of various legal affairs. Who at his age with legacy and financial wealth doesn't think about where it's going to go upon death? He thought about it. I mean - he really thought aboutit. He knew chaos and disorder would ensue He loved games and pranks. He was methodical and had a temererious dark streak that ran through him. Right The Wrong. He's moved on.



yeahthat

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/21/20 9:45am

RJOrion

the woman he was married to, said he did have a will
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/21/20 8:53pm

Mumio

avatar

RJOrion said:

the woman he was married to, said he did have a will

When the marriage ended, the will was no longer valid.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/23/20 9:48am

laytonian

Looks like Omarr is moving out of the home Prince had built for his mother and stepfather.
When we were by last summer, the property looked bedraggled and unkempt. Grass needed mowing, the home needed fresh paint. Very sad.

http://www.mncourts.gov/g...lang=en-US

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/23/20 9:49am

laytonian

Mumio said:

RJOrion said:

the woman he was married to, said he did have a will

When the marriage ended, the will was no longer valid.


Exactly. He had wills only during htis marriages and they were nullified during the legal procedings.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/23/20 10:08am

nelcp777

I often wonder what was found document wise in the various warehouses and what Patrick Cousins had in his office.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/23/20 11:12am

RJOrion

laytonian said:



Mumio said:




RJOrion said:


the woman he was married to, said he did have a will



When the marriage ended, the will was no longer valid.




Exactly. He had wills only during htis marriages and they were nullified during the legal procedings.




but how do you know for sure that "he only had wills during his marriages"?...that makes ZERO sense..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/23/20 3:37pm

PennyPurple

avatar

RJOrion said:

laytonian said:


Exactly. He had wills only during htis marriages and they were nullified during the legal procedings.

but how do you know for sure that "he only had wills during his marriages"?...that makes ZERO sense..

Both of his ex wives said so.

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/24/20 7:59am

laytonian

RJOrion said:

laytonian said:


Exactly. He had wills only during htis marriages and they were nullified during the legal procedings.

but how do you know for sure that "he only had wills during his marriages"?...that makes ZERO sense..


It makes TOTAL sense. Prince knew Minnesota law, especially after having been the personal representative for his father's estate.
WHY did he need a will? Who would he name as his heir(s) besides what's prescribed by Minnesota law? He was a man who shunned health insurance because he thought it would guarantee you'd get sick; writing a will could have meant thinking about death.
People who think he didn't worry about death are wrong; he was constantly fixated on it (listen to the music).

AND, do NOT confuse a will with trusts. He could have left things to certain people in trusts; we will never know about that. Trusts are inviolate, unlike wills.

James Brown's will is still being contested.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/25/20 11:45pm

Astasheiks

avatar

luv4u said:

The estate needs to be settled once and for all. Pay the bills and what's left over then distribute amongst the heirs. This is dragging for too long now. I assume that once is all and done that there won't be much left to distribute.

Prince must have had a Will. If not, he should have had one in case of..........


This shit show has to end.

And the poor judge........ He probably sick and tired of all the whining and bitching and infighting he has to deal with. lol Probably have a good martini drink

and a half bottle of Tylenol with all this chaos! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Continued.........