independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 10th Dec 2019 1:52pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 20 - continued
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/20/19 9:47pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

The Estate Discussion - Part 20 - continued


Part 19 self locked http://prince.org/msg/7/458428
Part 18 self locked: http://prince.org/msg/7/457673


Continue discussion here--------------------------------------

Sign up to receive updates or click on link of court documents below. luv4u

Link: http://www.mncourts.gov/I...elson.aspx

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/20/19 10:27pm

Mumio

avatar

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/21/19 2:01am

udo

avatar

So there's no real news?

No real manager/mediator/whatever that can get the discussions to end and finally get the Estate moving?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/21/19 8:25am

ladygirl99

Damn this might end up be another James Brown's estate situation. It would be drag on....................

And also I am wondering would be anything left for the siblings? Tax bill and interest, and fees too. It seems like lawyers and accountant and adminstrators is going to get paid the most per the lawyer in the article....

[Edited 4/21/19 8:39am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/21/19 2:10pm

Mumio

avatar

udo said:

So there's no real news?

No real manager/mediator/whatever that can get the discussions to end and finally get the Estate moving?



They have people in place to take care of these things and everything is moving along, even if not at the pace people would like to see. I believe things are still happening behind the scenes regardless of any squabbles between the heirs or the heirs vs Comerica. I'd suggest not being very concerned about it because the bottom line is that we have no control over any of it, but they (the estate managed by the court) make the rules and the heirs live by what the judge/court decides. Don't lose any sleep over it, it is what it is.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/22/19 1:23pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Interesting read...

Prince died three years ago, his estate is still unsettled: Here's why

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3344038002

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/22/19 6:16pm

laytonian

Astasheiks said:

Interesting read...

Prince died three years ago, his estate is still unsettled: Here's why

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3344038002

Horrible article. None of their reasons are "why".

Here's why: from the start, the heirs have divided into separate camps, often shifting membership depending upon the issue. Rather than sitting down and working together TO GAIN THAT WHICH THEY DID NOT EARN, their arguments have resulted in innumerable attorneys spending P's money.

Now we learn that TAO (or maybe just TO) were engaged with an "advisor" who created a pitch book to sell off ALL the assets to investors....and apparently generated thousands of emails.

Tom Petty had a will and trusts. His wife and daughters are fighting/blocking music releases. James Brown died 12 years ago with a will and his heirs are still fighting. SO WHAT GOOD WOULD IT HAVE DONE P TO DO THAT? Nada.


Meanwhile, Paisley Park is profitable to the estate. Music is dribbling out. The memoir will come out in six months.

One thing to remember: Michael was broke when he died. His estate is now worth many hundreds of millions. The same will happen here, when the smoke clears.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/22/19 9:54pm

udo

avatar

laytonian said:

The memoir will come out in six months.

.

Source?

Six months from when?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/22/19 10:47pm

Mumio

avatar

udo said:

.

Source?

Six months from when?


https://www.amazon.com/Be...amp;sr=1-1


You will find it announced on the Prince Twitter page too: https://twitter.com/princ...1279728641

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/22/19 11:56pm

udo

avatar

Mumio said:


https://www.amazon.com/Be...amp;sr=1-1

.

Thanks for the amazon link. I do not have a twitter.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/23/19 12:21pm

PennyPurple

avatar

What is this new claim about filed on 4/20 by a woman and her 2 kids?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/23/19 12:23pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



We have a new claim by Jacqueline Nicholson (I am unsure if she made a claim in the past) but she is saying there is a document that was prepared by P's prior attorneys Henson and Efron in 2006 for the benefit of her two children and herself.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/23/19 12:42pm

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



We have a new claim by Jacqueline Nicholson (I am unsure if she made a claim in the past) but she is saying there is a document that was prepared by P's prior attorneys Henson and Efron in 2006 for the benefit of her two children and herself.

Hmm. Wonder why 3 years later? And wonder what will happen if the document is true?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/23/19 12:55pm

rogifan

PennyPurple said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




We have a new claim by Jacqueline Nicholson (I am unsure if she made a claim in the past) but she is saying there is a document that was prepared by P's prior attorneys Henson and Efron in 2006 for the benefit of her two children and herself.



Hmm. Wonder why 3 years later? And wonder what will happen if the document is true?


A bit shady she waited 3 years to come forward.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/23/19 12:55pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

PennyPurple said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



We have a new claim by Jacqueline Nicholson (I am unsure if she made a claim in the past) but she is saying there is a document that was prepared by P's prior attorneys Henson and Efron in 2006 for the benefit of her two children and herself.

Hmm. Wonder why 3 years later? And wonder what will happen if the document is true?



I am assuming if true, the attorneys made the Judge aware of this instrument because if you recall Henson and Efron were working for the Estate at one point in time.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/23/19 3:06pm

laytonian

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

PennyPurple said:

Hmm. Wonder why 3 years later? And wonder what will happen if the document is true?



I am assuming if true, the attorneys made the Judge aware of this instrument because if you recall Henson and Efron were working for the Estate at one point in time.



They'd legally have to, the same as any will or trust. IN FACT, Henson & Efron were ordered into the estate court early in the case, to provide all legal documentation that they had prepared in regards to Prince.

We know NOTHING turned up in that because the nonexcluded heirs were only his "family".
Here's the 2016 order:
http://www.mncourts.gov/m...-Efron.pdf

That's what makes this shady.

[Edited 4/23/19 15:20pm]

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/23/19 7:30pm

tmo1965

Mumio said:

udo said:

So there's no real news?

No real manager/mediator/whatever that can get the discussions to end and finally get the Estate moving?



They have people in place to take care of these things and everything is moving along, even if not at the pace people would like to see. I believe things are still happening behind the scenes regardless of any squabbles between the heirs or the heirs vs Comerica. I'd suggest not being very concerned about it because the bottom line is that we have no control over any of it, but they (the estate managed by the court) make the rules and the heirs live by what the judge/court decides. Don't lose any sleep over it, it is what it is.

This is a question for org lawyers or anyone who has been through probate. How do you know that an estate is ready to be settled and the heirs get their cut?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/23/19 9:12pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

laytonian said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



I am assuming if true, the attorneys made the Judge aware of this instrument because if you recall Henson and Efron were working for the Estate at one point in time.



They'd legally have to, the same as any will or trust. IN FACT, Henson & Efron were ordered into the estate court early in the case, to provide all legal documentation that they had prepared in regards to Prince.

We know NOTHING turned up in that because the nonexcluded heirs were only his "family".
Here's the 2016 order:
http://www.mncourts.gov/m...-Efron.pdf

That's what makes this shady.



Your statement is not true in probate world.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/23/19 9:15pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

tmo1965 said:

Mumio said:



They have people in place to take care of these things and everything is moving along, even if not at the pace people would like to see. I believe things are still happening behind the scenes regardless of any squabbles between the heirs or the heirs vs Comerica. I'd suggest not being very concerned about it because the bottom line is that we have no control over any of it, but they (the estate managed by the court) make the rules and the heirs live by what the judge/court decides. Don't lose any sleep over it, it is what it is.

This is a question for org lawyers or anyone who has been through probate. How do you know that an estate is ready to be settled and the heirs get their cut?



When everything is settled.

In a normal estate it is when all properties have been sold, all estate taxes have been paid, all monies have been distributed etc.

However, P's estate is very complicated.

The heirs have to have something in place to take over the Estate, and by all appearances they have not done so.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/23/19 9:40pm

ladygirl99

About those two kids didn't Tyka named two kids at the first probate hearing (the hearing was closed to the public I believed) and the claims were also sealed from the public. The kids could had been set up a trust and usually those type of things doesn't go through probate court.

I still say the latest claim is a scam but then who knows....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/23/19 9:53pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

ladygirl99 said:

About those two kids didn't Tyka named two kids at the first probate hearing (the hearing was closed to the public I believed) and the claims were also sealed from the public. The kids could had been set up a trust and usually those type of things doesn't go through probate court.

I still say the latest claim is a scam but then who knows....



The anchor/journalist that reported the family named two possible children to the Judge is also the anchor that interviewed Tyka at a later date. If he was reporting fake news I doubt a family member would agree to sit down for an interview with him.

Who knows? It could all be bogus or it could all be true.

P was an enigma.....


But......


Where there is smoke, there is fire.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/24/19 11:22am

Kares

avatar

Billboard Exclusive:

Prince's Sister Sharon Nelson Accuses Comerica Bank of Mismanaging Estate: 'He Is Not Resting in Peace'


"Before the end of the year, Prince's estate will be bankrupt," Nelson tells Billboard

Good article, but sad to read. "Comerica continues to be paid $125,000 a month for administering the estate" and they are paying $90,000 a month for the vault storage at Iron Mountain. sad


Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/24/19 11:32am

LenguaDePlata

Brilliant...
Life is just a party, and parties weren’t meant to last...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/24/19 12:19pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Kares said:

Billboard Exclusive:

Prince's Sister Sharon Nelson Accuses Comerica Bank of Mismanaging Estate: 'He Is Not Resting in Peace'


"Before the end of the year, Prince's estate will be bankrupt," Nelson tells Billboard

Good article, but sad to read. "Comerica continues to be paid $125,000 a month for administering the estate" and they are paying $90,000 a month for the vault storage at Iron Mountain. sad


Very sad, let's hope that this doesn't happen.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/24/19 12:23pm

DD55

PennyPurple said:

Kares said:

Billboard Exclusive:

Prince's Sister Sharon Nelson Accuses Comerica Bank of Mismanaging Estate: 'He Is Not Resting in Peace'


"Before the end of the year, Prince's estate will be bankrupt," Nelson tells Billboard

Good article, but sad to read. "Comerica continues to be paid $125,000 a month for administering the estate" and they are paying $90,000 a month for the vault storage at Iron Mountain. sad


Very sad, let's hope that this doesn't happen.

wave wave Hi Penny!!!

I'm at the point where I don't care about the estate anymore. Just release the music.

~Debbie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/24/19 12:39pm

PennyPurple

avatar

DD55 said:

PennyPurple said:

Very sad, let's hope that this doesn't happen.

wave wave Hi Penny!!!

I'm at the point where I don't care about the estate anymore. Just release the music.

~Debbie

Hi Debbie!!

If they would release the music it would bring them much needed $$$

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/24/19 1:00pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Kares said:

Billboard Exclusive:

Prince's Sister Sharon Nelson Accuses Comerica Bank of Mismanaging Estate: 'He Is Not Resting in Peace'


"Before the end of the year, Prince's estate will be bankrupt," Nelson tells Billboard

Good article, but sad to read. "Comerica continues to be paid $125,000 a month for administering the estate" and they are paying $90,000 a month for the vault storage at Iron Mountain. sad



Image result for what a prince mess gif

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/24/19 2:38pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

laytonian said:

Tom Petty had a will and trusts. His wife and daughters are fighting/blocking music releases. James Brown died 12 years ago with a will and his heirs are still fighting. SO WHAT GOOD WOULD IT HAVE DONE P TO DO THAT? Nada.

.

Meanwhile Bowie fans are drowning in releases.

.

But then Bowie had competent business advisers and took charge of his career long ago.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/24/19 4:09pm

rogifan

Why should we believe anything Sharon says?
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/24/19 4:25pm

PennyPurple

avatar

It's time to call in those IOU's....hmmm...Susannah...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion - Part 20 - continued