independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 20th Jul 2019 4:48am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Incredible Lovesexy Cover
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/28/19 6:36pm

hardwork

Incredible Lovesexy Cover

RDWYZS.jpg

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/28/19 6:42pm

fms

avatar

That is killer! See what happens when you do an in store appearance?
Prince looks like he was rushed, but definitely legit. Is it yours?
Stand at the crossroads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths...(Jeremiah 6:16) www.ancientfaithradio.com

dezinonac eb lliw noitulove ehT
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/28/19 6:56pm

hardwork

fms said:

That is killer! See what happens when you do an in store appearance? Prince looks like he was rushed, but definitely legit. Is it yours?

No. Someone is selling it on Ebay and I came acoss it. Really a thing of beauty. It was signed in Stockholm in 1988, the ad says.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/03/19 11:16am

Dandroppedadim
e

Love the trumpet by Atlanta Bliss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/03/19 12:59pm

NorthC

hardwork said:



fms said:


That is killer! See what happens when you do an in store appearance? Prince looks like he was rushed, but definitely legit. Is it yours?


No. Someone is selling it on Ebay and I came acoss it. Really a thing of beauty. It was signed in Stockholm in 1988, the ad says.


No one who has this should ever put it up for sale! You should take it with you in your coffin when it's your time or give it to your kids as an inheritance.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/04/19 12:38am

robertgeorge

I remember Miles Davis commenting that Prince had an ego because he signed something "Love God" but it seems to me now, he was rather proclaiming you should get in touch with your creator/spirituality and love God. Interesting how Prince could be misinterpreted sometimes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/04/19 5:05am

EddieC

I hate to admit it, but I can't tell who all is on here--can someone do a list?

Oh, and of course, ultra cool, even based on the names I can read (and, well, the name that wasn't written, obviously).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/04/19 7:23am

iZsaZsa

avatar

EddieC said:

I hate to admit it, but I can't tell who all is on here--can someone do a list?

Oh, and of course, ultra cool, even based on the names I can read (and, well, the name that wasn't written, obviously).

I think (left to right) it's Atlanta Bliss (trumpet), Eric Leeds, Levi Seacer, Love Boni, Love God P 88, Peace Love CAT, Doctor Fink, and Miko star (?) 4 U.

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/04/19 7:45am

TheTruth123

robertgeorge said:

I remember Miles Davis commenting that Prince had an ego because he signed something "Love God" but it seems to me now, he was rather proclaiming you should get in touch with your creator/spirituality and love God. Interesting how Prince could be misinterpreted sometimes.



Well YEAH...
Prince was misunderstood because he was ahead of his time. People didn’t GET him.
He TOLD us he was sincere...
And people couldn’t HEAR him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/04/19 7:48am

TheTruth123

Love how prince put “Love God” in quotation marks.
SO CUTE.
He meant it in a way that didn’t require quotations
But that was his lack of expressing himself perfectly within whatever formal education he had. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/04/19 10:41am

NouveauDance

avatar

TheTruth123 said:

Love how prince put “Love God” in quotation marks. SO CUTE. He meant it in a way that didn’t require quotations But that was his lack of expressing himself perfectly within whatever formal education he had. biggrin

barf

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/04/19 5:48pm

hardwork

TheTruth123 said:

Love how prince put “Love God” in quotation marks. SO CUTE. He meant it in a way that didn’t require quotations But that was his lack of expressing himself perfectly within whatever formal education he had. biggrin

See, but if you look closely, it appears that first quotation mark is a "2" and the second qotation mark is a "4" but I am not sure what "4" and "2" would mean in the context of his signature.

?????

[Edited 3/4/19 17:49pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/04/19 5:58pm

PennyPurple

avatar

This is fantastic. They should reconsider selling it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/04/19 6:05pm

poppys

Condition:
Used

The item is over 30 years old, and does have some wear from handling and storage.

Time left:
Time left: 24d 09h 3/29, 4:36AM

Was:
US $5,999.99 What does this price mean?
You save:
$1,200.00 (20% off)
Price:
US $4,799.99


This is a vintage vinyl release of the classic 1988 studio album called "LOVESEXY" by PRINCE. It has been signed in-person by EIGHT MEMBERS of the band, singer/guitarist Prince (who has added "LOVE GOD" above and the year "'88" next to his autograph), keyboardist/background singer Boni Boyer (who has added "LOVE" above her autograph), guitarist Miko Weaver, bassist Levi Seacer, Jr., keyboardist Dr. Fink, saxophonist Eric Leeds, trumpet player Atlanta Bliss (who has added a "TRUMPET" sketch below his autograph), and background singer Cat Glover (who has added "BEST LOVE" above her autograph) while touring Europe on August 10, 1988 in Stockholm, Sweden.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Incredible Lovesexy Cover