independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 17th Aug 2019 8:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Hits - Promotional copy
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/17/19 10:33am

Ramzoo

avatar

The Hits - Promotional copy

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/17/19 10:49am

pricetag

Ramzoo said:

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?

I bought mine in a Used for $3.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/17/19 10:49am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Ramzoo said:

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?


The Hits 1?

The Hits 2?
The Hits / The B-Sides?

CD?
Vinyl?

Cassette?

VHS?
DVD?

Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal.


Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/17/19 10:50am

pricetag

djThunderfunk said:

Ramzoo said:

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?


The Hits 1?

The Hits 2?
The Hits / The B-Sides?

CD?
Vinyl?

Cassette?

VHS?
DVD?

Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal.


Mine was Hits/ The B-Sides Promo on CD. $3

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/17/19 11:08am

djThunderfunk

avatar

pricetag said:

djThunderfunk said:


The Hits 1?

The Hits 2?
The Hits / The B-Sides?

CD?
Vinyl?

Cassette?

VHS?
DVD?

Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal.


Mine was Hits/ The B-Sides Promo on CD. $3


That is a good deal!

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/17/19 1:53pm

pricetag

djThunderfunk said:

pricetag said:

Mine was Hits/ The B-Sides Promo on CD. $3


That is a good deal!

Yes. This was a year before his death when most of his back catalogue (albums, singles)--apart from a handful of items we all know about--could be bought cheaply. Not sure what such a thing would go for now...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/17/19 2:02pm

jjam

This is the one with the hidden Hey Hannigan track, right?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/17/19 2:04pm

pricetag

jjam said:

This is the one with the hidden Hey Hannigan track, right?

Yes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/17/19 2:22pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Ramzoo said:

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?


These questions are fickle, in a way. Here's why: If you believe it's something you'd want to own, you should buy it. Period. It's not about "value",r "resale", what's a deal, has collectible status, or other fan community buzzwords. Each fan's collection is personal when it goes beyond standard consumer releases. Magazine ads, merch from NPGMC, 1800NewFunk, etc., it's all based on what you think is valuable to you as a fan. If you want it, if it seems cool to you - buy it.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/17/19 2:57pm

pricetag

TrivialPursuit said:



Ramzoo said:


I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?


These questions are fickle, in a way. Here's why: If you believe it's something you'd want to own, you should buy it. Period. It's not about "value",r "resale", what's a deal, has collectible status, or other fan community buzzwords. Each fan's collection is personal when it goes beyond standard consumer releases. Magazine ads, merch from NPGMC, 1800NewFunk, etc., it's all based on what you think is valuable to you as a fan. If you want it, if it seems cool to you - buy it.


Nice sentiment but a little wet and, of course, complete fantasy.
[Edited 2/17/19 14:58pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/17/19 3:23pm

42Kristen

prince

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/17/19 3:26pm

Ramzoo

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Ramzoo said:

I found it in Wrecka Stow: sealed & sold 8€. Good deal?


The Hits 1?

The Hits 2?
The Hits / The B-Sides?

CD?
Vinyl?

Cassette?

VHS?
DVD?

Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal.


Sorry, U're right, I should have been more accurate.

https://www.discogs.com/P...se/2148149

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/17/19 4:01pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Ramzoo said:

djThunderfunk said:


The Hits 1?

The Hits 2?
The Hits / The B-Sides?

CD?
Vinyl?

Cassette?

VHS?
DVD?

Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal.


Sorry, U're right, I should have been more accurate.

https://www.discogs.com/P...se/2148149


Cool.... Nice find!

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/17/19 6:07pm

pricetag

djThunderfunk said:

Ramzoo said:

Sorry, U're right, I should have been more accurate.

https://www.discogs.com/P...se/2148149


Cool.... Nice find!

Not as good as mine.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/18/19 8:51am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

pricetag said:

TrivialPursuit said:


These questions are fickle, in a way. Here's why: If you believe it's something you'd want to own, you should buy it. Period. It's not about "value",r "resale", what's a deal, has collectible status, or other fan community buzzwords. Each fan's collection is personal when it goes beyond standard consumer releases. Magazine ads, merch from NPGMC, 1800NewFunk, etc., it's all based on what you think is valuable to you as a fan. If you want it, if it seems cool to you - buy it.

Nice sentiment but a little wet and, of course, complete fantasy.


How is just doing what you want a fantasy? If a CD is $9 US, and the person has the money and wishes to own it - buy it. It's that simple. Sure, theoretically, every item is collectible because Prince is dead. But the question was, "Good deal?" No one can answer that except the person looking to buy it. Affordable, desirable? Therein lies the inherent quality to the potential buyer.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/18/19 9:00am

djThunderfunk

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

pricetag said:

TrivialPursuit said: Nice sentiment but a little wet and, of course, complete fantasy.


How is just doing what you want a fantasy? If a CD is $9 US, and the person has the money and wishes to own it - buy it. It's that simple. Sure, theoretically, every item is collectible because Prince is dead. But the question was, "Good deal?" No one can answer that except the person looking to buy it. Affordable, desirable? Therein lies the inherent quality to the potential buyer.


Exactly! Which is why I said: "Would you rather have it than the $ you paid? Then it was a good deal."

Ross Perot was right!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/18/19 5:41pm

pricetag

TrivialPursuit said:

pricetag said:

TrivialPursuit said: Nice sentiment but a little wet and, of course, complete fantasy.


How is just doing what you want a fantasy? If a CD is $9 US, and the person has the money and wishes to own it - buy it. It's that simple. Sure, theoretically, every item is collectible because Prince is dead. But the question was, "Good deal?" No one can answer that except the person looking to buy it. Affordable, desirable? Therein lies the inherent quality to the potential buyer.

I know but who cares, really? You're stating the obvious. I guess I just reacted to the tone. It's a bit "Kumbaya My Lord'. Something sickly about it. That's all.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/19/19 8:07am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

pricetag said:

I know but who cares, really? You're stating the obvious. I guess I just reacted to the tone. It's a bit "Kumbaya My Lord'. Something sickly about it. That's all.



lol lol

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Hits - Promotional copy