independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 2:52pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Fake 'The Ballad of Dorothy Parker (Long Version)' is out there now.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/14/19 12:19am

smokeverbs

avatar

Fake 'The Ballad of Dorothy Parker (Long Version)' is out there now.

Don't get too excited though.

L'ange bleu - mod - title amended

Thread locked

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/14/19 12:27am

love2thenines2
003

smokeverbs said:

Don't get too excited though.

RELAX

Update > Just the song with Echoes and a continue loop with a sax Miles distorded style supposed to be played in the mix by E.LEEDS & a wah wah guitar repeated sequence like in the end of the official one= FAKE....not even the proper demo my big guess!

Damned

[Edited 2/14/19 0:33am]

[Edited 2/14/19 1:03am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/14/19 12:38am

smokeverbs

avatar

It's got three extra minutes at the end with muted sax. I was extremely underwhelmed.

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/14/19 12:46am

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

smokeverbs said:

I was extremely underwhelmed.





Well that doesn't sound promising.
Though I still can't wait to hear it
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/14/19 12:49am

TheSilentMikey

It’s fake.
"Don't need no Reefer. Don't need Cocaine. Purple Music does the same to my brain."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/14/19 12:51am

love2thenines2
003

TheSilentMikey said:

It’s fake.

What i think too neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/14/19 1:14am

ElGorillos

avatar

TheSilentMikey said:

It’s fake.


Your guess?


EG

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/14/19 1:21am

TheSilentMikey

ElGorillos said:

TheSilentMikey said:

It’s fake.


Your guess?


EG

It’s 100 % fake. The ending is just like the fake “17 Days” extended remix. The drum track is looped with an instrument playing over it.

"Don't need no Reefer. Don't need Cocaine. Purple Music does the same to my brain."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/14/19 1:28am

love2thenines2
003

TheSilentMikey said:

ElGorillos said:


Your guess?


EG

It’s 100 % fake. The ending is just like the fake “17 Days” extended remix. The drum track is looped with an instrument playing over it.

...and the SAx part is a sampling from somewhere ...does not sound at all in the style of E.Leeds !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/14/19 3:07am

smokeverbs

avatar

It really doesn't. My bad yall. Someone emailed this to me late last night.

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/14/19 3:16am

love2thenines2
003

smokeverbs said:

It really doesn't. My bad yall. Someone emailed this to me late last night.




What do u mean...can u detail more ur xplanation?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/14/19 3:22am

JorisE73

I listened to it last night in and to me it sounds like someone did the headphone jack half in trick and recorded the output and added that to the album version as a extra track so it sounds like the background vocals come up front. The sax doesn't even remotely sound like Eric Leeds and sounds more like the sax that played in Purple Rain when Morris and Jerome walk down the street and this girls pops in to confront Morris or one of his other scenes in Purple Rain, can't rememeber. Anyway, it's to simple for a straight long version i think.

But if someone could check with either Eric Leeds or Clare Fisher's son, they cold both still have the original version and could confirm it or deny it.

[Edited 2/14/19 3:24am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/14/19 3:33am

love2thenines2
003

JorisE73 said:

I listened to it last night in and to me it sounds like someone did the headphone jack half in trick and recorded the output and added that to the album version as a extra track so it sounds like the background vocals come up front. The sax doesn't even remotely sound like Eric Leeds and sounds more like the sax that played in Purple Rain when Morris and Jerome walk down the street and this girls pops in to confront Morris or one of his other scenes in Purple Rain, can't rememeber. Anyway, it's to simple for a straight long version i think.



But if someone could check with either Eric Leeds or Clare Fisher's son, they cold both still have the original version and could confirm it or deny it.

[Edited 2/14/19 3:24am]



Ure damnned right Joris!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/14/19 3:45am

sulls

avatar

If ?uest starts mixing it into his set, that should be some sort of validation, no?

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/14/19 3:51am

love2thenines2
003

sulls said:

If ?uest starts mixing it into his set, that should be some sort of validation, no?




What do u mean?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/14/19 4:05am

donnyenglish

TheSilentMikey said:



ElGorillos said:




TheSilentMikey said:


It’s fake.


Your guess?


EG



It’s 100 % fake. The ending is just like the fake “17 Days” extended remix. The drum track is looped with an instrument playing over it.


17 days extended is fake?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/14/19 4:07am

love2thenines2
003

donnyenglish said:

TheSilentMikey said:



ElGorillos said:




TheSilentMikey said:


It’s fake.


Your guess?


EG



It’s 100 % fake. The ending is just like the fake “17 Days” extended remix. The drum track is looped with an instrument playing over it.


17 days extended is fake?


Yes a version is circulating for years prior the official & real one on the 2017 PR Deluxe
[Edited 2/14/19 4:07am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/14/19 6:16am

TheSilentMikey

donnyenglish said:

TheSilentMikey said:

It’s 100 % fake. The ending is just like the fake “17 Days” extended remix. The drum track is looped with an instrument playing over it.

17 days extended is fake?

There was a fake extended remix for “17 Days” that was circulating prior to the real version that appeared on “Closer 2 God”.

"Don't need no Reefer. Don't need Cocaine. Purple Music does the same to my brain."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/14/19 6:24am

sulls

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

sulls said:

If ?uest starts mixing it into his set, that should be some sort of validation, no?

What do u mean?

Hypothetically speaking, if ?uestlove were to dj an event and play this new long version of The Ballad of Dorothy Parker, perhaps that could be seen as a confirmation that it is the real deal.

[Edited 2/14/19 6:26am]

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/14/19 10:54am

smokeverbs

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

smokeverbs said:

It really doesn't. My bad yall. Someone emailed this to me late last night.

What do u mean...can u detail more ur xplanation?

I mean to say it really doesn't sound like Leeds. I got an email last night from someone named Penelope from "NPGARCHIVES.ORG" that contained it as an attachment. I immediately tried to email them back to say thanks, and it bounced back saying undeliverable. Let's go ahead and lock this.

Keep your headphones on.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/14/19 11:02am

sulls

avatar

Dang. I was hoping to see some new leaks. confused

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Fake 'The Ballad of Dorothy Parker (Long Version)' is out there now.