independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Mar 2019 9:23pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Whoa?! New Book - プリンスと日本 Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/21/18 11:10am

HerecomethePur
pleYoda

Whoa?! New Book - プリンスと日本 Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE

From Michael Princeologist:

"Release of the new book "プリンスと日本 Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE" thoroughly examines Prince's footprints in Japan.

The book "プリンスと日本 Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE" which thoroughly examines Prince 's footsteps will be released from Shinko Music on January 31, 2019. Collaborative supervision of CROSSBEAT editorial department and TUNA.

In this book, will examine the influence given to Japan while tracing the footprint Prince left in Japan. Inspection of stakeholders such as director in charge, as well as a thorough investigation of the history of fan clubs and tribute events. Including interviews with prominent artists, highlight "Prince in Japan".

Details will be announced later!"

49204894_358962598248976_4616137696195117056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fmci1-1.fna&oh=03644129f7eaf6736c6ca78e6f090a8a&oe=5C9AD7FA

[Edited 1/1/19 11:36am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/21/18 11:43am

onlyforaminute

I'd be interested in this one.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/21/18 12:17pm

42Kristen

Ineresting read

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/21/18 1:44pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/21/18 2:20pm

NorthC

This might be as good a time as any to ask: why did he stop touring in Japan? Ever since the Parade tour, he always played in Japan, but as far as I know, he never played there again after One Nite Alone. What happened?
Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.
Bertrand Russell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/21/18 2:34pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

How many books is this now? It seems like every year there's 3 or 4 books coming out. It's overkill. There can't be much more information out there that people don't already know. I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap. At this point, the only one I'd be remotely interested in is the one he was writing before he died.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/21/18 4:23pm

jaawwnn

avatar

Could be good, it at least has a half decent concept. There's a great Adam Ant book/magazine all about his gigs in Italy in the late 70's and the affect he had on that specific scene, sometimes very focused books can really work.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/21/18 5:29pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap.

.

<snorts>

.

Read better books. And yeah, there is gonna be overlap. But Duane Tudahl's Prince and the Purple Rain Era Studio Sessions (1983-1984) is a different beast than Per Nilsen's Dance, Music, Sex, Romance: Prince: The First Decade, or Alex Hahn's Possessed: The Rise and Fall of Prince, or Dez Dickerson's My Time with Prince, or Uptown's The Vault: the definitive guide to the musical world of Prince, or Alex Hahn and Laura Tiebert's The Rise of Prince 1958-1988, etc.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/22/18 12:17am

yeahronimo

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

How many books is this now? It seems like every year there's 3 or 4 books coming out. It's overkill. There can't be much more information out there that people don't already know. I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap. At this point, the only one I'd be remotely interested in is the one he was writing before he died.

You're in the non-fiction section. If they did'nt overlap, it 'd be fiction...

This is not music, this is a trip
No, it's not a drug, it's something more hip
Don't need no reefer, don't need cocaine
Purple music does the same to my brain
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/22/18 12:59am

EmmaMcG

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



EmmaMcG said:


I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap.

.


<snorts>


.


Read better books. And yeah, there is gonna be overlap. But Duane Tudahl's Prince and the Purple Rain Era Studio Sessions (1983-1984) is a different beast than Per Nilsen's Dance, Music, Sex, Romance: Prince: The First Decade, or Alex Hahn's Possessed: The Rise and Fall of Prince, or Dez Dickerson's My Time with Prince, or Uptown's The Vault: the definitive guide to the musical world of Prince, or Alex Hahn and Laura Tiebert's The Rise of Prince 1958-1988, etc.



I read two of those. And the fact that you actually typed out the word "snorts" says a lot about you. Nevertheless, thanks for the recommendations but in future you should try to act your age and not like a teenage girl.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/22/18 1:01am

EmmaMcG

avatar

yeahronimo said:



EmmaMcG said:


How many books is this now? It seems like every year there's 3 or 4 books coming out. It's overkill. There can't be much more information out there that people don't already know. I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap. At this point, the only one I'd be remotely interested in is the one he was writing before he died.


You're in the non-fiction section. If they did'nt overlap, it 'd be fiction...



That's my point. I know there's a lot of overlap. There's so many books already out there and they all say the same things. What's the point in releasing more?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/22/18 1:23am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

yeahronimo said:

You're in the non-fiction section. If they did'nt overlap, it 'd be fiction...

That's my point. I know there's a lot of overlap. There's so many books already out there and they all say the same things. What's the point in releasing more?

.

You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/22/18 2:40am

Lovejunky

avatar

Extremely interested to learn of the footPrince left in japan..

HerecomethePurpleYoda said:

From Michael Princeologist:

"Release of the new book "Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE" thoroughly examines Prince's footprints in Japan.

The book "Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE" which thoroughly examines Prince 's footsteps will be released from Shinko Music on January 31, 2019. Collaborative supervision of CROSSBEAT editorial department and TUNA.

In this book, will examine the influence given to Japan while tracing the footprint Prince left in Japan. Inspection of stakeholders such as director in charge, as well as a thorough investigation of the history of fan clubs and tribute events. Including interviews with prominent artists, highlight "Prince in Japan".

Details will be announced later!"

92968.jpg

[Edited 12/21/18 11:17am]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/22/18 2:50am

EmmaMcG

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:



EmmaMcG said:


yeahronimo said:



You're in the non-fiction section. If they did'nt overlap, it 'd be fiction...



That's my point. I know there's a lot of overlap. There's so many books already out there and they all say the same things. What's the point in releasing more?

.


You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.



Yes. THREE FUCKING BOOKS. And they all have THE SAME FUCKING STORIES. So excuse me if I don't rush out to buy ANOTHER FUCKING BOOK so I can read the SAME FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Also, you really should stop acting LIKE A FUCKING CHILD because I don't know what age you actually are, but you're obviously a lot older than I am and even I wouldn't behave like you. My daughter is 6 and she wouldn't even act like you. Seriously, GROW UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/22/18 2:59am

udo

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

excuse me if I don't rush out to buy ANOTHER FUCKING BOOK

.

Simply wait for the reviews...

Also: commenting about the shape of things instead of the contents is not so eminent.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/22/18 5:41am

iZsaZsa

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

EmmaMcG said:

yeahronimo said: That's my point. I know there's a lot of overlap. There's so many books already out there and they all say the same things. What's the point in releasing more?

.

You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.


Some fans haven't read any. Don't hate.

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/22/18 1:12pm

Guitarhero

iZsaZsa said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.


Some fans haven't read any. Don't hate.

Hating on people, that's his hobby. He is obviously a grown man and acts like a petulant spoiled brat. It's getting tiresome now and i wish he would do us all a favour and disappear forever and take his fellow Bart a@@ kissers.

200.gif

[Edited 12/22/18 13:21pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/22/18 3:27pm

kookooman73

EmmaMcG said:

How many books is this now? It seems like every year there's 3 or 4 books coming out. It's overkill. There can't be much more information out there that people don't already know. I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap. At this point, the only one I'd be remotely interested in is the one he was writing before he died.

Step aside & don’t buy them then. Personally I love all of the books especially from his personal photographers. I also have the stunning art tribute books from 9T99 & Blule. I always find new facts & interesting anecdotes in each release. I will also buy Kim Berry & this Japanese book. 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/22/18 3:42pm

Marrk

avatar

NorthC said:

This might be as good a time as any to ask: why did he stop touring in Japan? Ever since the Parade tour, he always played in Japan, but as far as I know, he never played there again after One Nite Alone. What happened?

Exchange rates not as lucrative? Yeah, money. Maybe. Not an expert on the Yen though.

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/22/18 3:58pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

kookooman73 said:

EmmaMcG said:

How many books is this now? It seems like every year there's 3 or 4 books coming out. It's overkill. There can't be much more information out there that people don't already know. I've read 3 books and there was a lot of overlap. At this point, the only one I'd be remotely interested in is the one he was writing before he died.

Step aside & don’t buy them then. Personally I love all of the books especially from his personal photographers. I also have the stunning art tribute books from 9T99 & Blule. I always find new facts & interesting anecdotes in each release. I will also buy Kim Berry & this Japanese book. 💜


A fool and his money is like a whore's legs. Easily parted. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/22/18 5:32pm

Lovejunky

avatar

crotchedy bunch

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/22/18 8:53pm

udo

avatar

Guitarhero said:

Hating on people, that's his hobby.

.

No, it's rather an issue with getting used to the stupidity among people.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/23/18 3:14am

NorthC

udo said:



Guitarhero said:


Hating on people, that's his hobby.

.


No, it's rather an issue with getting used to the stupidity among people.


Saying that you've read three books about Prince and are unsure if you want to read more is not stupid. I feel the same although I've read a bit more. I started reading Ben Greenman's book, but didn't finish it, because there was hardly anything in it that I didn't already know. And the book we're talking about here is only for those who are interested in Japan. That's fine, but it's not for me.
Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.
Bertrand Russell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/23/18 9:31am

onlyforaminute

What's the author's name? I'm not signing up to Facebook to chase books or anything else.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/24/18 5:28am

udo

avatar

NorthC said:

Saying that you've read three books about Prince and are unsure if you want to read more is not stupid.

.

I did not write anything stating that. Perceived stupidty is always a personal thing.

Same as feeling offended. (i.e.: I did not offend you; rather you decided to feel offended)

.

But since we're here:

Why would one expect four writers to write exactly the same?

The context might vary, the people interviewed, the focus or subject might be slightly different, etc.

And while this is about the Japan context I do thing that is ufficiently different.

So I at least think the quetsion was odd.

.

I feel the same although I've read a bit more. I started reading Ben Greenman's book, but didn't finish it, because there was hardly anything in it that I didn't already know. And the book we're talking about here is only for those who are interested in Japan. That's fine, but it's not for me.

.

It is only a book.

And I did not yet see `hardcover` so you can simply decide to sell it.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/24/18 10:00am

luvsexy4all

Lovejunky said:

crotchedy bunch

forgot its x-mas time???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/25/18 1:56pm

mynameisnotsus
an

I'm more interested in this kind of book than a tell-all or an 'insider' book.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/28/18 12:41am

embmmusic

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.

Yes. THREE FUCKING BOOKS. And they all have THE SAME FUCKING STORIES. So excuse me if I don't rush out to buy ANOTHER FUCKING BOOK so I can read the SAME FUCKING BULLSHIT. Also, you really should stop acting LIKE A FUCKING CHILD because I don't know what age you actually are, but you're obviously a lot older than I am and even I wouldn't behave like you. My daughter is 6 and she wouldn't even act like you. Seriously, GROW UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL.

You did read the synopsis of this book before posting right? It's a rather specialised subject matter.

Check out The Collector's Guide to Prince on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/p...4ldzxwlEuy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/28/18 2:55am

udo

avatar

iZsaZsa said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

You have read THREE FUCKING BOOKS. THREE.


Some fans haven't read any. Don't hate.

.

One could interpret Bart's expression as: 'ONLY three books you read!'.

So that is not hate, but love for the books.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/28/18 3:06am

iZsaZsa

avatar

udo said:

iZsaZsa said:


Some fans haven't read any. Don't hate.

.

One could interpret Bart's expression as: 'ONLY three books you read!'.

So that is not hate, but love for the books.


I'm talking about Emma. So that goes for you too.

What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Whoa?! New Book - プリンスと日本 Prince and Japan 4EVER IN MY LIFE