independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 25th Apr 2019 3:21am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's Death Investigation: Part 12
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 76 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 07/27/18 12:29pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SkipperLove said:

No undigested pills but there was fentanyl in his stomach though, so he must have consumed it somehow. There was no evidence of struggle so it doesn't sound like anyone forced him to consume the fentanyl. Could it be patches that he sucked on and then someone got rid of the patches before the cops arrived--and they were so busy getting rid of those, they missed getting rid of the actual pills. Or maybe due to the absense of food in his stomach, his stomach digested the actual pills pretty quickly. I don't think the cops have any reason to ignore facts that look like murder, so I think we need an expert on this stuff. But I do wonder about that mysterious other bodyguard (whose supposed name escapes me). If he supplied Prince with something and then left with the evidence (and it was patches).


Also people keep talking about the enemas being testsed for fentanyl but did they state one way or the other that they had proof that P actually used the enemas. Is it possible he hadn't started using them yet?


I do think this might prove that P wasn't a long-time fentanyl user and might have gotten those Bayer, Advil bottles of mystery dope on the road. Or if he did dabble in it, he was avoiding using it most of the time except when he started using it again that last night and in Atlanta on the 16th.

[Edited 7/27/18 11:25am]

[Edited 7/27/18 11:30am]

Yes on the enemas, the major DNA profile was his, and there were plenty of them that was used.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 07/27/18 12:30pm

SkipperLove

That was already answered, but thanks.

PennyPurple said:

SkipperLove said:

No undigested pills but there was fentanyl in his stomach though, so he must have consumed it somehow. There was no evidence of struggle so it doesn't sound like anyone forced him to consume the fentanyl. Could it be patches that he sucked on and then someone got rid of the patches before the cops arrived--and they were so busy getting rid of those, they missed getting rid of the actual pills. Or maybe due to the absense of food in his stomach, his stomach digested the actual pills pretty quickly. I don't think the cops have any reason to ignore facts that look like murder, so I think we need an expert on this stuff. But I do wonder about that mysterious other bodyguard (whose supposed name escapes me). If he supplied Prince with something and then left with the evidence (and it was patches).


Also people keep talking about the enemas being testsed for fentanyl but did they state one way or the other that they had proof that P actually used the enemas. Is it possible he hadn't started using them yet?


I do think this might prove that P wasn't a long-time fentanyl user and might have gotten those Bayer, Advil bottles of mystery dope on the road. Or if he did dabble in it, he was avoiding using it most of the time except when he started using it again that last night and in Atlanta on the 16th.

[Edited 7/27/18 11:25am]

[Edited 7/27/18 11:30am]

Yes on the enemas, the major DNA profile was his, and there were plenty of them that was used.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #272 posted 07/27/18 12:31pm

PennyPurple

avatar

paulludvig said:



But no trace of narcotics in his airway/throat either, as far as I recall.

Didn't see where it was ever tested.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #273 posted 07/27/18 12:32pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SkipperLove said:

Thanks. So maybe it just proves that fentanyl was not his opiate of choice most of the time.

precioux said:

To the bold/underline. Yes, proof that P used these enemas- his DNA was found as well as a pubic har being tested and coming back as his.

That doesn't prove that fentanyl wasn't his choice. Where you coming up with this at Skipper?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #274 posted 07/27/18 12:33pm

SkipperLove

Me neither. Curious if they didn't. Maybe the DEA did.

PennyPurple said:

paulludvig said:

But no trace of narcotics in his airway/throat either, as far as I recall.

Didn't see where it was ever tested.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #275 posted 07/27/18 12:35pm

SkipperLove

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.

PennyPurple said:

SkipperLove said:

Thanks. So maybe it just proves that fentanyl was not his opiate of choice most of the time.

That doesn't prove that fentanyl wasn't his choice. Where you coming up with this at Skipper?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #276 posted 07/27/18 12:39pm

precioux

paulludvig said:

precioux said:

No. I don't even think it was proven that the 'wet substance' tested was in fact vomit. We are assuming this because of the vomit that was found in Prince's airway/throat.

But no trace of narcotics in his airway/throat either, as far as I recall.

umm, don't think his actual vomit was tested. Massive amounts of Fent found in stomach fluids, assumption was that 'pills were ingested orally'...key word here- assumption

[Edited 7/27/18 12:40pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #277 posted 07/27/18 12:42pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.

PennyPurple said:

That doesn't prove that fentanyl wasn't his choice. Where you coming up with this at Skipper?

What? Have you even read the reports?

No narcs on the enemas. He needed the enema's because of the severe constipation that opioids cause. I don't get why you are confused. It's been talked about over and over.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #278 posted 07/27/18 12:42pm

precioux

doh! ..trying to have some humor here- are you associating the enemas with the Fentanyl, then assuming because he used enemas, that Fentanyl was not his choice of drug? please explain-

SkipperLove said:

Thanks. So maybe it just proves that fentanyl was not his opiate of choice most of the time.

precioux said:

To the bold/underline. Yes, proof that P used these enemas- his DNA was found as well as a pubic har being tested and coming back as his.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #279 posted 07/27/18 12:48pm

Camileyun

SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.




PennyPurple said:




SkipperLove said:


Thanks. So maybe it just proves that fentanyl was not his opiate of choice most of the time.





That doesn't prove that fentanyl wasn't his choice. Where you coming up with this at Skipper?




Enemas are used to relieve constipation.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #280 posted 07/27/18 12:49pm

SkipperLove

I have read the reports but I am still confused. I am not getting science that's all. Remind me -- where they testing the enemas to see if he was administering his drugs that way?

PennyPurple said:

SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.

What? Have you even read the reports?

No narcs on the enemas. He needed the enema's because of the severe constipation that opioids cause. I don't get why you are confused. It's been talked about over and over.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #281 posted 07/27/18 12:50pm

precioux

Nope, the Narcan does not throw you into withdrawl for that long..I know what you're trying to say. Some only have withdrawl for a couple of hours as Dr Mancha stated to Prince, that Mancha basically wanted him to level out first, allow the withdrawl to subside before he left the hospital in Moline. BUT, in essence, Prince's 'slate was wiped clean'- and as Bodhi stated, he may not have been able to attain his leveled out usage 'norm'. And no, too much in his system to be going through any withdrawls.

SkipperLove said:

But Narcan blocks nerve sensors and sends you into withdrawal. . He doesn't appear to have been on Fentanyl again until the 21st. . . Withdrawal is a common symptom of its usage. Fentanyl withdrawal starts about 12 to 30 hours after the last usage of fentanyl. And can last to up to four days. HE may have had opiates in his system but they may have been somewhat ineffectual due to the fact that he was withdrawing from the stronger fentanyl. Maybe that is why he turned to harder stuff the night he died, trying to get some kind of relief the other drugs weren't giving him or just trying to end it period.'

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/fentanyl-addiction/related-topics/fentanyl-withdrawal-symptoms-duration/#gref

paulludvig said:

kmama07 said: Test taken immediately before showed he had opioids in his system, so symptoms of withdrawal not likely.

[Edited 7/27/18 12:20pm]

[Edited 7/27/18 12:29pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #282 posted 07/27/18 12:52pm

SkipperLove

I know what enemas are for. I thought they were testing the enemas to see if his drug usage (through taking pills) left narcotics in his stool. NOw, I think I might have missed that they were testing the enemas to see if he was using them to administer drugs (by squirting them up into himself). I know what enemas are but I never used one so I didn't know all the logistics.

Camileyun said:

SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.

Enemas are used to relieve constipation.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #283 posted 07/27/18 12:52pm

1Sasha

I don't know if you would want to do this, but Jennifer Matesa was a Fent addict. You could go to her website and ask her if she has any suggestions on how that large a dose could end up inside his stomach. She is the one who said he had been using for years, got slammed royally, but then seems to have been proven right.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #284 posted 07/27/18 12:58pm

SkipperLove

Then this begs the question why he chose to take that particular stuff that particular night if he was already taking opiates enough to not experience drug withdrawal. Think about it. Shulbarg gave P and Kirk withdrawal medication..why do that if P was so obviously taking everything he could get his hands on (short of fentanyl) already. I still think that whatever he was on wasn't enough to make him feel better otherwise the Shulbarg apartment would be completely pointless (or P wanted folks to think that he was taking his recovery seriously so he agreed to an appointment but had no intention of stopping--and then decided to take the hard stuff that night. because he was alone and able to do what he wanted..)

precioux said:

Nope, the Narcan does not throw you into withdrawl for that long..I know what you're trying to say. Some only have withdrawl for a couple of hours as Dr Mancha stated to Prince, that Mancha basically wanted him to level out first, allow the withdrawl to subside before he left the hospital in Moline. BUT, in essence, Prince's 'slate was wiped clean'- and as Bodhi stated, he may not have been able to attain his leveled out usage 'norm'. And no, too much in his system to be going through any withdrawls.

SkipperLove said:

But Narcan blocks nerve sensors and sends you into withdrawal. . He doesn't appear to have been on Fentanyl again until the 21st. . . Withdrawal is a common symptom of its usage. Fentanyl withdrawal starts about 12 to 30 hours after the last usage of fentanyl. And can last to up to four days. HE may have had opiates in his system but they may have been somewhat ineffectual due to the fact that he was withdrawing from the stronger fentanyl. Maybe that is why he turned to harder stuff the night he died, trying to get some kind of relief the other drugs weren't giving him or just trying to end it period.'

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/fentanyl-addiction/related-topics/fentanyl-withdrawal-symptoms-duration/#gref

[Edited 7/27/18 12:20pm]

[Edited 7/27/18 12:29pm]

[Edited 7/27/18 13:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #285 posted 07/27/18 1:00pm

DD55

PennyPurple said:

SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.

What? Have you even read the reports?

No narcs on the enemas. He needed the enema's because of the severe constipation that opioids cause. I don't get why you are confused. It's been talked about over and over.

Hi Penny, bod, everyone,

.

May I jump in with a question?

.

Remember back to the very day Prince died? The police did a press conference, I forgot the officers name and I’m going on memory here but he said something like….Prince died as a result of drugs, there were drugs on his person consequently law enforcement were fairly certain that P od'ed at by his own hand so to speak. Then there was a fire storm on the org…prince didn’t use drugs, P didn’t use pants with pockets, etc, etc, etc, …. which allowed some of to believe that there were drug patches.

.

So way back when on that first day, what was that all about? P having drugs on his person? Fast forward to the investigation released, no mention of that statement. (Or I missed it.)

.

And did that lead them to conclude at the start that it was a simple OD was treated as such, thus the ‘keystone cop’ investigation?

.

Thoughts anyone?

.

Thanks,

DD55

[Edited 7/27/18 13:02pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #286 posted 07/27/18 1:01pm

precioux

clapping nod

SkipperLove said:

I know what enemas are for. I thought they were testing the enemas to see if his drug usage (through taking pills) left narcotics in his stool. NOw, I think I might have missed that they were testing the enemas to see if he was using them to administer drugs (by squirting them up into himself). I know what enemas are but I never used one so I didn't know all the logistics.

Camileyun said:

SkipperLove said: Enemas are used to relieve constipation.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #287 posted 07/27/18 1:01pm

Camileyun

SkipperLove said:

I know what enemas are for. I thought they were testing the enemas to see if his drug usage (through taking pills) left narcotics in his stool. NOw, I think I might have missed that they were testing the enemas to see if he was using them to administer drugs (by squirting them up into himself). I know what enemas are but I never used one so I didn't know all the logistics.




Camileyun said:


SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.



Yes. The ME asked the LE to go back and retrieve items that could have been used to administer fent. It enters the system 10% faster through membranes such as in the nose and rectum. That's why they also went back and collected nasal sprays and eye drops.



Enemas are used to relieve constipation.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #288 posted 07/27/18 1:04pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Hey, glad to see you back!

DD55 said:

PennyPurple said:

What? Have you even read the reports?

No narcs on the enemas. He needed the enema's because of the severe constipation that opioids cause. I don't get why you are confused. It's been talked about over and over.

Hi Penny, bod, everyone,

.

May I jump in with a question?

.

Remember back to the very day Prince died? The police did a press conference, I forgot the officers name and I’m going on memory here but he said something like….Prince died as a result of drugs, there were drugs on his person consequently law enforcement were fairly certain that P od'ed at by his own hand so to speak. Then there was a fire storm on the org…prince didn’t use drugs, P didn’t use pants with pockets, etc, etc, etc, …. which allowed some of to believe that there were drug patches.

.

So way back when on that first day, what was that all about? P having drugs on his person? Fast forward to the investigation released, no mention of that statement. (Or I missed it.)

.

And did that lead them to conclude at the start that it was a simple OD was treated as such, thus the ‘keystone cop’ investigation?

.

Thoughts anyone?

.

Thanks,

DD55

[Edited 7/27/18 13:02pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #289 posted 07/27/18 1:04pm

precioux

I have..

SkipperLove said:

Then this begs the question why he chose to take that particular stuff that particular night if he was already taking opiates enough to not experience drug withdrawal. Think about it. Shulbarg gave P and Kirk withdrawal medication..why do that if P was so obviously taking everything he could get his hands on already. I still think that whatever he was on wasn't enough to make him feel better otherwise the Shulbarg apartment would be completely pointless (or P wanted folks to think that he was taking his recovery seriously so he agreed to an appointment but had no intention of stopping--and then decided to take the hard stuff that night. because he was alone and able to do what he wanted..)

precioux said:

Nope, the Narcan does not throw you into withdrawl for that long..I know what you're trying to say. Some only have withdrawl for a couple of hours as Dr Mancha stated to Prince, that Mancha basically wanted him to level out first, allow the withdrawl to subside before he left the hospital in Moline. BUT, in essence, Prince's 'slate was wiped clean'- and as Bodhi stated, he may not have been able to attain his leveled out usage 'norm'. And no, too much in his system to be going through any withdrawls.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #290 posted 07/27/18 1:06pm

Camileyun

Camileyun said:

SkipperLove said:

I know what enemas are for. I thought they were testing the enemas to see if his drug usage (through taking pills) left narcotics in his stool. NOw, I think I might have missed that they were testing the enemas to see if he was using them to administer drugs (by squirting them up into himself). I know what enemas are but I never used one so I didn't know all the logistics.




Camileyun said:


SkipperLove said:

Didn't they just say there was no fentanyl on those enemas. I AM SO CONFUSED>>LOL. If they are saying there were no narcotics at all on the enemas, then I would wonder why the hell he would have a need for enemas. Opiates cause constipation.



Yes. The ME asked the LE to go back and retrieve items that could have been used to administer fent. It enters the system 10% faster through membranes such as in the nose and rectum. That's why they also went back and collected nasal sprays and eye drops.



Enemas are used to relieve constipation.


Yes, the ME asked the LE to go back and retrieve anything that could have been used to administer fent. The body absorbs the drug 10% faster through membranes such as in the nose, eyes or rectum. That is also why they went back and collected the nasal sprays and eye drops.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #291 posted 07/27/18 1:07pm

precioux

I wondered the same- but like you said, nothing was stated as being found.

DD55 said:

PennyPurple said:

What? Have you even read the reports?

No narcs on the enemas. He needed the enema's because of the severe constipation that opioids cause. I don't get why you are confused. It's been talked about over and over.

Hi Penny, bod, everyone,

.

May I jump in with a question?

.

Remember back to the very day Prince died? The police did a press conference, I forgot the officers name and I’m going on memory here but he said something like….Prince died as a result of drugs, there were drugs on his person consequently law enforcement were fairly certain that P od'ed at by his own hand so to speak. Then there was a fire storm on the org…prince didn’t use drugs, P didn’t use pants with pockets, etc, etc, etc, …. which allowed some of to believe that there were drug patches.

.

So way back when on that first day, what was that all about? P having drugs on his person? Fast forward to the investigation released, no mention of that statement. (Or I missed it.)

.

And did that lead them to conclude at the start that it was a simple OD was treated as such, thus the ‘keystone cop’ investigation?

.

Thoughts anyone?

.

Thanks,

DD55

[Edited 7/27/18 13:02pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #292 posted 07/27/18 1:07pm

SkipperLove

Brain fart recovery achieved. Thank you. Thank you.

precioux said:

clapping nod

SkipperLove said:

I know what enemas are for. I thought they were testing the enemas to see if his drug usage (through taking pills) left narcotics in his stool. NOw, I think I might have missed that they were testing the enemas to see if he was using them to administer drugs (by squirting them up into himself). I know what enemas are but I never used one so I didn't know all the logistics.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #293 posted 07/27/18 1:10pm

SkipperLove

Don't take my "Think about it" so literally. Obviously, everyone is thinking about it. But what say you about the rest of the stuff I said?

precioux said:

I have..

SkipperLove said:

Then this begs the question why he chose to take that particular stuff that particular night if he was already taking opiates enough to not experience drug withdrawal. Think about it. Shulbarg gave P and Kirk withdrawal medication..why do that if P was so obviously taking everything he could get his hands on already. I still think that whatever he was on wasn't enough to make him feel better otherwise the Shulbarg apartment would be completely pointless (or P wanted folks to think that he was taking his recovery seriously so he agreed to an appointment but had no intention of stopping--and then decided to take the hard stuff that night. because he was alone and able to do what he wanted..)

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #294 posted 07/27/18 1:24pm

Camileyun

The most common side effects of oxycodone and hydrocodone are drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, dry mouth, itching and motor skill impairment. Perhaps P. was nauseous as a side effect of the drug, not necessarily from withdrawals. Also, all those 5-Hour energy drinks, in large quantities could cause nausea. Some of the other side effects mentioned above were some of Ps complaints to Dr.S.

Also, on pg. 138, the Fire Chief (first on scene) mentions that the clear fluid coming from Ps mouth looked like saliva, not vomit.(?)
[Edited 7/27/18 13:30pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #295 posted 07/27/18 1:32pm

SkipperLove

In his hand? In his bed?

precioux said:

I wondered the same- but like you said, nothing was stated as being found.

DD55 said:

Hi Penny, bod, everyone,

.

May I jump in with a question?

.

Remember back to the very day Prince died? The police did a press conference, I forgot the officers name and I’m going on memory here but he said something like….Prince died as a result of drugs, there were drugs on his person consequently law enforcement were fairly certain that P od'ed at by his own hand so to speak. Then there was a fire storm on the org…prince didn’t use drugs, P didn’t use pants with pockets, etc, etc, etc, …. which allowed some of to believe that there were drug patches.

.

So way back when on that first day, what was that all about? P having drugs on his person? Fast forward to the investigation released, no mention of that statement. (Or I missed it.)

.

And did that lead them to conclude at the start that it was a simple OD was treated as such, thus the ‘keystone cop’ investigation?

.

Thoughts anyone?

.

Thanks,

DD55

[Edited 7/27/18 13:02pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #296 posted 07/27/18 1:38pm

precioux

Not being sarcastic- and took this literally from day one- I have come to my own conclusions, and most here know where I stand...that's all

SkipperLove said:

Don't take my "Think about it" so literally. Obviously, everyone is thinking about it. But what say you about the rest of the stuff I said?

precioux said:

I have..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #297 posted 07/27/18 1:40pm

precioux

It was said 'on his person'- and the big arguement on here was that Prince usually didn't wear anything with pockets- so people were wondering all kinds of things...it was never clear as to whatwas meant by ' on him'...lolipop? patches? pills in hand? syringe? no one knew- still don't

SkipperLove said:

In his hand? In his bed?

precioux said:

I wondered the same- but like you said, nothing was stated as being found.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #298 posted 07/27/18 1:45pm

precioux

Since you brought up the 5 hour drink thing, I'm going to throw this out there, IMO. I think the 5 hour energy drinks were a substitute IF he was truly trying to wean off...if he wasn't, it was used to enhance the drug, as SOME people react very differently and have incredible energy instead of the side effects listed.

Camileyun said:

The most common side effects of oxycodone and hydrocodone are drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, dry mouth, itching and motor skill impairment. Perhaps P. was nauseous as a side effect of the drug, not necessarily from withdrawals. Also, all those 5-Hour energy drinks, in large quantities could cause nausea. Some of the other side effects mentioned above were some of Ps complaints to Dr.S. Also, on pg. 138, the Fire Chief (first on scene) mentions that the clear fluid coming from Ps mouth looked like saliva, not vomit.(?) [Edited 7/27/18 13:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #299 posted 07/27/18 2:13pm

purplefam99

SkipperLove said:

The lollipops he was sucking on resemble blow pops, not these...

Image result for fentanyl lollipop

purplefam99 said:

SkipperLove said: Could he have had lollipops, that were gotten rid of. The pops he was always sucking on in the 90’s gave me pause.

ok thx, i was assuming his were probably illicit lollipops and wouldn't have all that RX writting on them.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 10 of 76 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's Death Investigation: Part 12