independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 14th Dec 2019 7:27pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Closer 2 God:Outtakes 1980-2015
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 19 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 12/05/17 7:55am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

wait in Eye KNOW did he not say "Spooky Electric"?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 12/05/17 8:16am

paulludvig

OnlyNDaUsa said:

wait in Eye KNOW did he not say "Spooky Electric"?



What do you hear instead?
The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 12/05/17 8:25am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

paulludvig said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

wait in Eye KNOW did he not say "Spooky Electric"?

What do you hear instead?

what the "Demon" say

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 12/05/17 8:42am

HamsterHuey

databank said:

HamsterHuey said:

This makes me wanna hear Brenda's version ever MORE

Wow! You're back?! hug I don't think I'd read your name here in YEARS, or is just me trippin'? eek

I'm east to find on FB, but I still lurk here when something new happens or just to read IstenSzek's posts

>>
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 12/05/17 8:46am

HamsterHuey

olb99 said:

KlyphIsBackAgain said:

Yes and No. The album version is simply an overdubbed version of #1. #2 is a less overdubbed version than the album version.

Doesn't "Eye Know #1" sound more like a rehearsal take than a live studio take?

They're kind of the same, aren't they? But I chose live studi cuz it's obviously them running through a new song (Using the same arrangement as the early studioversion, rather then the album versio or the later live rehearsals)

>>
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 12/05/17 9:00am

dbpdexter

djThunderfunk said:

Anybody know who's singing on this version of Love's No Fun?

It's Elisa Fiorillo...she did this song before Mayte on her album "I am" released in 1990.

I like Elisa's version way better than Mayte's.That whole album is a hidden gem nobody talks about.

AKA PDEXTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 12/05/17 9:03am

djThunderfunk

avatar

dbpdexter said:

djThunderfunk said:

Anybody know who's singing on this version of Love's No Fun?

It's Elisa Fiorillo...she did this song before Mayte on her album "I am" released in 1990.

I like Elisa's version way better than Mayte's.That whole album is a hidden gem nobody talks about.


Elisa's album is waaaaay under-rated.

Now that I've had the chance to listen on a real system (as opposed to computer speakers), I agree. Before I couldn't tell if it was her or Jill, but I never thought for a minute it was Mayte. lol wink

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 12/05/17 9:44am

paulludvig

MIRvmn said:

I really like this versions of Escape, Glam Slam, Eye no and Anna Stesia smile Also nice to hear New Position with strings but I prefer the album version

Parts of Escape was reused for Partyman, I reckon. Was that the case with the official version too? Can't remember.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 12/05/17 10:02am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

funkyfine said:

I find songs like Pangea the hardest to listen to... how is Prince hear it? What could the full track have possibly sounded like? How would be have switched things around and played with it for the final released version? All we know is that he loved the strings that he was sent.



So much unfulfilled potential.



A much harder listen than Sometimes is Snows etc which are a completed piece of Prince history.



I think it's the strings to Prince's instrumental, thus all the pauses. What we are missing though is the instrumental they composed the strings to. Hopefully one day...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 12/05/17 10:10am

paulludvig

OnlyNDaUsa said:

paulludvig said:

OnlyNDaUsa said: What do you hear instead?

what the "Demon" say

You're right!

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 12/05/17 10:33am

Romeoblu

Bang Bang sounds as if it has the start of u're love is so hard left at the very end o f it, just a second but I'm sure it 's the start of it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 12/05/17 10:48am

dualboot

avatar

Was 17 days slated for the 2nd Apple's 6 album?
The second part of the extended edition seems to fit perfectly for an album version with all voices from that group.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 12/05/17 10:55am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

dualboot said:

Was 17 days slated for the 2nd Apple's 6 album? The second part of the extended edition seems to fit perfectly for an album version with all voices from that group.

and there is a bit of an odd pop or sound that could be where the 2 were joined...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #253 posted 12/05/17 11:00am

paulludvig

OnlyNDaUsa said:

dualboot said:

Was 17 days slated for the 2nd Apple's 6 album? The second part of the extended edition seems to fit perfectly for an album version with all voices from that group.

and there is a bit of an odd pop or sound that could be where the 2 were joined...

I think it's a pre-Revolution take.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #254 posted 12/05/17 11:46am

BEAUGARDE

djdaffy1227 said:

Blast From the Past 6.0 has even more songs on it but the post I made yesterday was taken down. Not 100% sure why but I don't argue over that stuff. This is an excellent start for the songs that will be on 6.0

Deleted - l'ange bleu - moderator

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #255 posted 12/05/17 11:55am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

BEAUGARDE said:

djdaffy1227 said:

Blast From the Past 6.0 has even more songs on it but the post I made yesterday was taken down. Not 100% sure why but I don't argue over that stuff. This is an excellent start for the songs that will be on 6.0

My post about the boot Orange Chicken by Prince & Morris Day was locked by Militant & he wouldn't tell me why, I didn't tell anyone where or how to get it because I don't know, I only wanted to discuss the song

a little like Irresistible Bitch.... it sounds a little like Morris or Prince doing Morris but I am not sure it is them... yeah sorry fake...

[Edited 12/5/17 12:09pm]

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #256 posted 12/05/17 11:58am

djThunderfunk

avatar

BEAUGARDE said:

My post about the boot Orange Chicken by Prince & Morris Day was locked by Militant & he wouldn't tell me why, I didn't tell anyone where or how to get it because I don't know, I only wanted to discuss the song


Never heard of that track and I don't see it listed at Princevault. Do tell.

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #257 posted 12/05/17 11:59am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

BEAUGARDE said:

My post about the boot Orange Chicken by Prince & Morris Day was locked by Militant & he wouldn't tell me why, I didn't tell anyone where or how to get it because I don't know, I only wanted to discuss the song


Never heard of that track and I don't see it listed at Princevault. Do tell.

it is fake

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #258 posted 12/05/17 12:05pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

djThunderfunk said:


Never heard of that track and I don't see it listed at Princevault. Do tell.

it is fake


Yep. Fake.

I think I do remember that discussion now. I just forgot about it. Because it's fake.


REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #259 posted 12/05/17 12:06pm

funkystuff

I am always in awe when new outtakes appear. Isn't that a great moment ? The moment you listen to "new" old songs for the first time, alternate versions to released tracks, complete versions, early versions ... ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #260 posted 12/05/17 12:25pm

love2thenines2
003

maybe my questioning will be a little off Topic but I wonder that since 1 year or so until now we heard all the outtakes played during dj parties by Quest love. ...I wonder if the 1st hand source was the same 4 Questlove and those who sold the stuff 2 EyesR?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #261 posted 12/05/17 12:25pm

Wolfie87

Wolfie87 said:

Has these leaks gone viral among celebrities or music journalists? I mean Nothing Compares 2 U and 17 Days is as big as finding the Dead Sea Scrolls.

[Edited 12/5/17 0:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #262 posted 12/05/17 12:25pm

peedub

avatar

a million times, thank you to all involved in releasing these tracks....

that said, i'd've been fine if 'shoulda coulda woulda' had stayed buried.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #263 posted 12/05/17 12:33pm

Se7en

avatar

imprimis said:

Se7en said:

Sorry if this was asked and answered before, but who is the woman talking near the end of 17 Days? The theme is similar to the Computer Blue (poor lonely computer . . .).

At first I thought it was a REALLY bad Prince impersonator, but after a few listens it sounds like maybe it's Brenda?

.

It is Brenda. I believe the following lyrics are close, if not exact, and that she mispronounces one or two of the words. Not high art, but it explains why she (or her lover) didn't answer the phone:

.

.

No more will I accept your misogynistic macho attitude toward my womanhood.

.

Yes, I can see the fact that you’re beautiful.

.

But my dear— so am I.

.

When will I be able to cut through the celluloid surface that surrounds your world, and make you see this. That is when I guess you’ll see my vagina.

.


It's nice to have more of 17 Days, but I can't imagine that final segment would've ever been included on the final version. It's a complete 180 from the rest of the song and doesn't fit the "vibe".

Same as the extra verses in The Beautiful Ones and Purple Rain (the verses about money). They take an earnest, beautiful song and somehow muddy it up. I can see why Prince cut those parts, and I would bet he would've cut this part of 17 Days too.

One other reason I like leaks like this - songs like Rumeta in different stages of completion. If the Estate ever put out a comprehensive release, I'd imagine they would choose ONE version that they consider "finished" and put that out. I doubt they'd show this work-in-progress approach.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #264 posted 12/05/17 12:46pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Quick note: I do wish Clare had orchestrated "Glam Slam", or Prince at least had a real orchestra play those synth parts, as well as "Anna Stesia".

One thing about "New Position" that sticks out is that the Clare parts sound like something from Classical Metropolitan Orchestra album of Prince covers including "1999" (which I believe Prince in turn sampled on 1999: The New Master). They're very reminiscent of what CMO did.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #265 posted 12/05/17 12:50pm

darkroman

Se7en said:

imprimis said:

.

It is Brenda. I believe the following lyrics are close, if not exact, and that she mispronounces one or two of the words. Not high art, but it explains why she (or her lover) didn't answer the phone:

.

.

No more will I accept your misogynistic macho attitude toward my womanhood.

.

Yes, I can see the fact that you’re beautiful.

.

But my dear— so am I.

.

When will I be able to cut through the celluloid surface that surrounds your world, and make you see this. That is when I guess you’ll see my vagina.

.


It's nice to have more of 17 Days, but I can't imagine that final segment would've ever been included on the final version. It's a complete 180 from the rest of the song and doesn't fit the "vibe".

Same as the extra verses in The Beautiful Ones and Purple Rain (the verses about money). They take an earnest, beautiful song and somehow muddy it up. I can see why Prince cut those parts, and I would bet he would've cut this part of 17 Days too.

One other reason I like leaks like this - songs like Rumeta in different stages of completion. If the Estate ever put out a comprehensive release, I'd imagine they would choose ONE version that they consider "finished" and put that out. I doubt they'd show this work-in-progress approach.



I certainly agree with the essence of this, however to add to this, I can imagine there are many versions of 17 Days just like Computer Blue.

I alwys felt these longer versions were jams to see where a track could go creatively. Sometimes this would work better than other times, but I suppose that is the point of exploring the track, jamming and having fun. We then get to hear the incredible evolution of some amazing songs.

lol


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #266 posted 12/05/17 12:55pm

darkroman

TrivialPursuit said:

Quick note: I do wish Clare had orchestrated "Glam Slam", or Prince at least had a real orchestra play those synth parts, as well as "Anna Stesia".

One thing about "New Position" that sticks out is that the Clare parts sound like something from Classical Metropolitan Orchestra album of Prince covers including "1999" (which I believe Prince in turn sampled on 1999: The New Master). They're very reminiscent of what CMO did.



I couldn't agree more!

For me this set is important for the Lovesexy outtakes - one of Prince's finest masterpieces.

To hear these songs in their nurturing form is off the scale and I am genuinely speechless.....

eyepop excited


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #267 posted 12/05/17 12:55pm

JoeyCococo

[Snip no no no! - luv4u]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #268 posted 12/05/17 1:08pm

paulludvig

TrivialPursuit said:

Quick note: I do wish Clare had orchestrated "Glam Slam", or Prince at least had a real orchestra play those synth parts, as well as "Anna Stesia".

One thing about "New Position" that sticks out is that the Clare parts sound like something from Classical Metropolitan Orchestra album of Prince covers including "1999" (which I believe Prince in turn sampled on 1999: The New Master). They're very reminiscent of what CMO did.

I disagree again biggrin

I think the synth parts add to the "oddness" of the track. Nothing is quite what it seems.

The wooh is on the one!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #269 posted 12/05/17 1:41pm

paisleypark4

avatar

Big House is so odd and lyrically endearing I cant wait to hear that whole song. Same with Cosmic Day.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 19 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Closer 2 God:Outtakes 1980-2015