independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 12:21am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Who is Funkenberry referring to?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 12/20/16 7:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cloveringold85 said:

rogifan said:

TrivialPursuit said: Obviously this guy had a tight relationship with Prince but like you say who knows if that extended to other Prince associates so it is possible he feels a bit left out or bitter/hurt about certain things and uses his podcast to vent. I don't like it though when he says he won't name names because he thinks it will hurt the fans. Um, we're all adults I think we can handle it. Plus don't throw shade and spill tea if you're not prepared (or able) to tell us everything. As far as Sheila goes, seeing her plaster Prince's love symbol over everything rubs me the wrong way. There's just something about it that's kinda creepy. And imo that tattoo is 2 or 3 sizes to big. 15578753_1350602081657001_1816257242335283001_n.jpg?oh=e60a29bf0689c82beb7bab7dc905a1a6&oe=58E52458

.

I agree. I mean, I like Sheila E., and I know she has a long history with Prince, but I'm kinda uncomfortable with how she is constanly flashing Prince's symbol and using it in her concerts and in social media. She posts pics on FB quite often showing the "symbol". I understand that she is grieving and this is her way of keeping his memory alive and his spirit close to her; however, I think it's starting to get too much lately, and it almost seems like she is exploiting and capitalizing off of Prince, as well as others, imo.

so it is ok for all the fans to have symbol tats and have symbol necklaces and symbol images, but if Sheila E does it's too much?

She isn't making money off the symbol on her instruments.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 12/20/16 7:52am

Noodled24

luxegolightly said:


So I'm not the only one that gives Funkenberry the side eye? I don't question his sincerity as a fan or how he feels about Prince's legacy, but I don't like his little gossipy tidbits either. It makes him seem like a two faced attention whore who's trying to stay relevant because Prince is gone. Either call the questionable folks out by name if you have the receipts or leave the rumors to the Twitter and FB timelines. He can clearly get good guests who worked closely with Prince so why the extra?


There haven't been any gossipy tit-bits. That's the whole point of this thread. People wanting MORE gossip. Not less.

FYI this thread is already 2 pages longer than any of the ones where he has the guests on. That in itself is ridiculous.



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 12/20/16 9:25am

rogifan

Noodled24 said:



luxegolightly said:



So I'm not the only one that gives Funkenberry the side eye? I don't question his sincerity as a fan or how he feels about Prince's legacy, but I don't like his little gossipy tidbits either. It makes him seem like a two faced attention whore who's trying to stay relevant because Prince is gone. Either call the questionable folks out by name if you have the receipts or leave the rumors to the Twitter and FB timelines. He can clearly get good guests who worked closely with Prince so why the extra?


There haven't been any gossipy tit-bits. That's the whole point of this thread. People wanting MORE gossip. Not less.



FYI this thread is already 2 pages longer than any of the ones where he has the guests on. That in itself is ridiculous.




Oh come on. He even admita on his podcasts when he's spilling tea and throwing shade. Yes I'm curious who he was referring to. I guess you can call that gossip. But mostly I'd rather he not say anything if he can't say everything. Don't give us BS about he's only trying to protect fans and not hurt them. Good grief we're all adults here.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 12/20/16 10:07am

Noodled24

rogifan said:

Noodled24 said:


There haven't been any gossipy tit-bits. That's the whole point of this thread. People wanting MORE gossip. Not less.

FYI this thread is already 2 pages longer than any of the ones where he has the guests on. That in itself is ridiculous.



Oh come on. He even admita on his podcasts when he's spilling tea and throwing shade. Yes I'm curious who he was referring to. I guess you can call that gossip. But mostly I'd rather he not say anything if he can't say everything. Don't give us BS about he's only trying to protect fans and not hurt them. Good grief we're all adults here.


Isn't the point of the thread to get names as opposed to vague comments? That's asking for more gossip. You even say this yourself you'd "rather he not say anything if he can't say everything".

I'd rather people just skip forward 15 minutes into his podcasts rather than bitching about someone who's actually contributing to the fan community.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 12/20/16 11:59am

rogifan

Noodled24 said:



rogifan said:


Noodled24 said:



There haven't been any gossipy tit-bits. That's the whole point of this thread. People wanting MORE gossip. Not less.



FYI this thread is already 2 pages longer than any of the ones where he has the guests on. That in itself is ridiculous.





Oh come on. He even admita on his podcasts when he's spilling tea and throwing shade. Yes I'm curious who he was referring to. I guess you can call that gossip. But mostly I'd rather he not say anything if he can't say everything. Don't give us BS about he's only trying to protect fans and not hurt them. Good grief we're all adults here.


Isn't the point of the thread to get names as opposed to vague comments? That's asking for more gossip. You even say this yourself you'd "rather he not say anything if he can't say everything".

I'd rather people just skip forward 15 minutes into his podcasts rather than bitching about someone who's actually contributing to the fan community.


Yes I was/am curious who he was referring to. The was the point of my OP. Sorry if it turned into a bash DF thread. I don't know the guy and while some things about him annoy me he gets interviews no one else gets so that's something,
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 12/20/16 12:11pm

laurarichardso
n

Noodled24 said:

rogifan said:

Noodled24 said: Oh come on. He even admita on his podcasts when he's spilling tea and throwing shade. Yes I'm curious who he was referring to. I guess you can call that gossip. But mostly I'd rather he not say anything if he can't say everything. Don't give us BS about he's only trying to protect fans and not hurt them. Good grief we're all adults here.


Isn't the point of the thread to get names as opposed to vague comments? That's asking for more gossip. You even say this yourself you'd "rather he not say anything if he can't say everything".

I'd rather people just skip forward 15 minutes into his podcasts rather than bitching about someone who's actually contributing to the fan community.

Exactly, people are free not to listen to the podcast at all. They will just continue to be misinformed which I believe it what some prefer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 12/20/16 1:52pm

cloveringold85

avatar

luxegolightly said:

babynoz said:



I agree with you. The thing is that a lot of people are gullible because they are so hungry and desperate for any tidbit of information that they will swallow the shit along with the sugar. It's at the point now that folks don't even see that they are being manipulated by hangers-on who are jockeying for position.

That's not limited to fkucberry either. They are all running their own particular brand of BS.

I've gotten to the point where I pay all of them dust.

So I'm not the only one that gives Funkenberry the side eye? I don't question his sincerity as a fan or how he feels about Prince's legacy, but I don't like his little gossipy tidbits either. It makes him seem like a two faced attention whore who's trying to stay relevant because Prince is gone. Either call the questionable folks out by name if you have the receipts or leave the rumors to the Twitter and FB timelines. He can clearly get good guests who worked closely with Prince so why the extra?

.

I agree! I'm so damn tired of all these Prince 'associates' who claim to know this and know that. They should be talking to the authorities invesigating his Prince's death, not on social media, with their stupid tweets and cryptic messages. Stop trying to be playing like you are Prince and talking in his language, 'cause you know Prince can't be played. rolleyes

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 12/20/16 1:56pm

cloveringold85

avatar

SoulAlive said:

tomcooper2323 said:

Sheila E is an older lady and doesn't have much to live for probably and Prince was probably the most exciting part of her entire life,

That is such a cruel and ridiculous comment. rolleyes

.

I am hoping that tomcooper really didn't mean for it to come out that way. Sheila is a beautiful woman with more talent than most of us could ever dream about! She's older than me, and she's doing better than I am, LOL lol

.

On a personal note; I give props to women like Sheila E., because she paved the path for other women to follow and she is a positive inspiration to many! I know she has been for me! biggrin

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 12/20/16 2:03pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I agree. I mean, I like Sheila E., and I know she has a long history with Prince, but I'm kinda uncomfortable with how she is constanly flashing Prince's symbol and using it in her concerts and in social media. She posts pics on FB quite often showing the "symbol". I understand that she is grieving and this is her way of keeping his memory alive and his spirit close to her; however, I think it's starting to get too much lately, and it almost seems like she is exploiting and capitalizing off of Prince, as well as others, imo.

so it is ok for all the fans to have symbol tats and have symbol necklaces and symbol images, but if Sheila E does it's too much?

She isn't making money off the symbol on her instruments.

.

I see your point. I don't have a problem with it, per se, but it's starting to be too much (not just with Sheila, but others) who knew him.

.

I mean, she is using Prince's symbol on her tours/concerts/cruise ships/social media, etc. It's not like the common fan (us) are displaying his symbol out in public for thousands of people to see. I understand she is not getting compensation for using Prince's symbol, but do you think there is an issue with copyright infringement? Does she have permission to be doing this?

.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sheila, and I'm not trying to knock her; I know she loves and misses Prince and she can basically do whatever she wants.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 12/20/16 2:19pm

SoulAlive

cloveringold85 said:

SoulAlive said:

tomcooper2323 said: That is such a cruel and ridiculous comment. rolleyes

.

I am hoping that tomcooper really didn't mean for it to come out that way.

yeah,let's hope so.That's an outrageous and unfair comment.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 12/20/16 2:45pm

cloveringold85

avatar

SoulAlive said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

I am hoping that tomcooper really didn't mean for it to come out that way.

yeah,let's hope so.That's an outrageous and unfair comment.

.

He hasn't been back, since. I wonder how old he/she is? confused

.

I take offense to that comment, because I am an older woman, but I don't consider myself to be old. Age is just a number. I see people who are 90 years old and who run marathons, just saying. lol

.

I think it's important to live life to it's fullest, no matter your age.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 12/20/16 2:51pm

Guitarhero

cloveringold85 said:

SoulAlive said:

yeah,let's hope so.That's an outrageous and unfair comment.

.

He hasn't been back, since. I wonder how old he/she is? confused

.

I take offense to that comment, because I am an older woman, but I don't consider myself to be old. Age is just a number. I see people who are 90 years old and who run marathons, just saying. lol

.

I think it's important to live life to it's fullest, no matter your age.

Ageism is real here on the org if you're old you're dismissed and if you're young (Newbie) your dismissed so how old do we have to be to pass? 30.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 12/20/16 4:30pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Guitarhero said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

He hasn't been back, since. I wonder how old he/she is? confused

.

I take offense to that comment, because I am an older woman, but I don't consider myself to be old. Age is just a number. I see people who are 90 years old and who run marathons, just saying. lol

.

I think it's important to live life to it's fullest, no matter your age.

Ageism is real here on the org if you're old you're dismissed and if you're young (Newbie) your dismissed so how old do we have to be to pass? 30.

.

Really? I've never sensed that here on the Org.

.

There are a lot of Millenials on here, that's for sure. But there is a fair amount of people around Prince's age and younger.....40s-50s, which includes me!! biggrin

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 12/20/16 4:47pm

anangellooksdo
wn

I thought tomcooper's comment was hilarious. Yes life ends after 55. 😉
Obviously tom is a very young person! I hope we didn't scare him off by being overly-serious!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 12/20/16 4:55pm

babynoz

laurarichardson said:

babynoz said:



Wavesofbliss, (who I was actually replying to, btw), has already detailed that in her post.....go back and read it you don't know what we are talking about.

You don't even know what you are talking about. No one is pushing an agenda but you. These people have more insight then you have and you are for some odd reason this disturbs you. The question is why? Just don't listen to the podcast and go and enjoy life.



You are the one who is desperately hanging around for crumbs from podcasts, but I should go enjoy life? I already don't listen because I AM doing just that.

I told you once before what you need to do to improve your attitude...shall I remind you? lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 12/20/16 4:59pm

babynoz

cloveringold85 said:

luxegolightly said:

So I'm not the only one that gives Funkenberry the side eye? I don't question his sincerity as a fan or how he feels about Prince's legacy, but I don't like his little gossipy tidbits either. It makes him seem like a two faced attention whore who's trying to stay relevant because Prince is gone. Either call the questionable folks out by name if you have the receipts or leave the rumors to the Twitter and FB timelines. He can clearly get good guests who worked closely with Prince so why the extra?

.

I agree! I'm so damn tired of all these Prince 'associates' who claim to know this and know that. They should be talking to the authorities invesigating his Prince's death, not on social media, with their stupid tweets and cryptic messages. Stop trying to be playing like you are Prince and talking in his language, 'cause you know Prince can't be played. rolleyes



Thank you.

It's hilarious to see people get pressed because some of us don't hang on every word of every person Prince smiled at. lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 12/20/16 5:03pm

babynoz

cloveringold85 said:

Guitarhero said:

Ageism is real here on the org if you're old you're dismissed and if you're young (Newbie) your dismissed so how old do we have to be to pass? 30.

.

Really? I've never sensed that here on the Org.

.

There are a lot of Millenials on here, that's for sure. But there is a fair amount of people around Prince's age and younger.....40s-50s, which includes me!! biggrin



You should have been around to see how they treated Prince.

Then after he passed, somebody made a whole thread saying they were glad he didn't live to see old age because he wasn't meant to be old. disbelief

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 12/20/16 5:10pm

PeteSilas

leeds didn't say that did he? I thought he just said "prince wasn't meant to get old".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 12/20/16 5:13pm

babynoz

PeteSilas said:

leeds didn't say that did he? I thought he just said "prince wasn't meant to get old".



No, I remember what Leeds said but I was talking about a member here who started a whole thread titled,

"Getting Old Sucks And Prince Was Spared Spiraling Downhill."



It was in very poor taste but thankfully it was deleted.

[Edited 12/20/16 17:21pm]

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 12/20/16 5:35pm

petalthecat

avatar

I don't think anyone has a problem with the tattoo. It's a touching personal tribute which I'm sure many fans have had similar since April. In my limited understanding of copyright infringement tattoos etc are personal, the problem arises when someone wants to use the image for monetary gain. I'm also not too keen on her recent shows being almost a Prince tribute from start to finish. Sheila is much more than that, the music, the talent, the legends she's worked with down the years! I don't really want to see a "Sheila E sings Prince" show. Damn, she's even doing stuff like Diamonds and Pearls that she wasn't even involved with. I'm hoping this is just a phase and she won't turn into a Vegas back alley tribute act. Nobody sang Prince songs like Prince. Let's leave it there.
There's always a rainbow 🌈 , at the end of every rain ☔️
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 12/20/16 5:37pm

cloveringold85

avatar

babynoz said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Really? I've never sensed that here on the Org.

.

There are a lot of Millenials on here, that's for sure. But there is a fair amount of people around Prince's age and younger.....40s-50s, which includes me!! biggrin



You should have been around to see how they treated Prince.

Then after he passed, somebody made a whole thread saying they were glad he didn't live to see old age because he wasn't meant to be old. disbelief

.

I'm glad I wasn't here to see that.

.

That's a silly thing to say.....sounds immature. Prince wasn't meant to be old? He looked amazing for 57!! Geeze, what's wrong with these people? rolleyes

.

Just as a reminder to the young one's: the clock ticks the same for all of us. biggrin

.

Growing old is a privilege that is denied to many. Words of wisdom I've learned over the years.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 12/20/16 5:39pm

cloveringold85

avatar

babynoz said:

PeteSilas said:

leeds didn't say that did he? I thought he just said "prince wasn't meant to get old".



No, I remember what Leeds said but I was talking about a member here who started a whole thread titled,

"Getting Old Sucks And Prince Was Spared Spiraling Downhill."



It was in very poor taste but thankfully it was deleted.

[Edited 12/20/16 17:21pm]

.

Oh, good thing I never saw that thread. eek

.

Sad that some people have such a poor outlook on life and the world.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 12/20/16 5:40pm

PeteSilas

life is largely what you make it, of course getting old can be bad but so is being a teenager, so is being young and stupid, life is pain, one of the great truths. I always pictured Prince aging like the master he was, losing some things, gaining others and great perspective on it all. A treasure. We do live in an ageist society and lots of people, maybe prince too, start feeling fucking useless when they get old because they bought into that shit. I don't know what the big deal is really, i see all kinds of different reactions to getting old, women lose their looks and aren't mothers anymore and they get reallly fucking wierd, men can get like that too, just fucking useless and craving to feel useful when they are just in the fucking way, but thing is, it doesn't have to be like that. If you're mature enough to evolve and adapt things don't have to be that way. Women don't have to become nags just because they miss the power they used to have over men or the nurturing they gave their children. Men don't have to completely become so old in their thinking and just plain wierd and outmoded. Prince did say one thing "I haven't got time for old people" in that regard, he was spot on, and it's not just age, it's moaning and complaining, it's being lazy and sedentary, it's being relentlessly negative and miserable that make being around old people a test of patience. Some older people have just signed out of life to such an extent that you can't even suggest anything to them, there is always an excuse. I learned not to even offer anything, they've already embraced death even if they are only in their fifties. Not that i don't understand, we all get tired, we all get dissapointed because that's what the world does but you have to work against that or you're done. then, the health issues of aging, that's another matter which no human can completely control. our society isn't kind to the old but didn't prince used to say "we don't let society tell us what to do"? WE don't have to see things like that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 12/20/16 5:42pm

cloveringold85

avatar

petalthecat said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the tattoo. It's a touching personal tribute which I'm sure many fans have had similar since April. In my limited understanding of copyright infringement tattoos etc are personal, the problem arises when someone wants to use the image for monetary gain. I'm also not too keen on her recent shows being almost a Prince tribute from start to finish. Sheila is much more than that, the music, the talent, the legends she's worked with down the years! I don't really want to see a "Sheila E sings Prince" show. Damn, she's even doing stuff like Diamonds and Pearls that she wasn't even involved with. I'm hoping this is just a phase and she won't turn into a Vegas back alley tribute act. Nobody sang Prince songs like Prince. Let's leave it there.

.

I'm also not too keen on her recent shows being almost a Prince tribute from start to finish.

.

Me either. I hope this won't be a long-term thing.

.

Damn, she's even doing stuff like Diamonds and Pearls that she wasn't even involved with. I'm hoping this is just a phase and she won't turn into a Vegas back alley tribute act.

.

I'm hoping this is just a phase. No, please no Vegas Prince Tribute! No, just no, no, no!! no no no! hmph!

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 12/20/16 5:43pm

babynoz

cloveringold85 said:

babynoz said:



You should have been around to see how they treated Prince.

Then after he passed, somebody made a whole thread saying they were glad he didn't live to see old age because he wasn't meant to be old. disbelief

.

I'm glad I wasn't here to see that.

.

That's a silly thing to say.....sounds immature. Prince wasn't meant to be old? He looked amazing for 57!! Geeze, what's wrong with these people? rolleyes

.

Just as a reminder to the young one's: the clock ticks the same for all of us. biggrin

.

Growing old is a privilege that is denied to many. Words of wisdom I've learned over the years.




nod

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 12/20/16 5:48pm

cloveringold85

avatar

PeteSilas said:

life is largely what you make it, of course getting old can be bad but so is being a teenager, so is being young and stupid, life is pain, one of the great truths. I always pictured Prince aging like the master he was, losing some things, gaining others and great perspective on it all. A treasure. We do live in an ageist society and lots of people, maybe prince too, start feeling fucking useless when they get old because they bought into that shit. I don't know what the big deal is really, i see all kinds of different reactions to getting old, women lose their looks and aren't mothers anymore and they get reallly fucking wierd, men can get like that too, just fucking useless and craving to feel useful when they are just in the fucking way, but thing is, it doesn't have to be like that. If you're mature enough to evolve and adapt things don't have to be that way. Women don't have to become nags just because they miss the power they used to have over men or the nurturing they gave their children. Men don't have to completely become so old in their thinking and just plain wierd and outmoded. Prince did say one thing "I haven't got time for old people" in that regard, he was spot on, and it's not just age, it's moaning and complaining, it's being lazy and sedentary, it's being relentlessly negative and miserable that make being around old people a test of patience. Some older people have just signed out of life to such an extent that you can't even suggest anything to them, there is always an excuse. I learned not to even offer anything, they've already embraced death even if they are only in their fifties. Not that i don't understand, we all get tired, we all get dissapointed because that's what the world does but you have to work against that or you're done. then, the health issues of aging, that's another matter which no human can completely control. our society isn't kind to the old but didn't prince used to say "we don't let society tell us what to do"? WE don't have to see things like that.

.

Getting old is just a fact of life. Some people had tough lives, and become bitter. While other's who lived more privileged life are better-off it seems. Going through hard times makes you stronger and builds character, and that's what Prince had. He was always moving forward, and becoming a better person. I think age is a state of mind. A lot of people were raised to act a certain way and have the mindset that you're not allowed to enjoy life after 50 or whatever. I think having a positive attitude and staying active is the key to a healthy life. Prince was extremely talented, so he was never bored. Music never gets old. No one ever expected Prince to die so young. We thought we would see him at 90 years old, and still playing guitar.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 12/20/16 6:00pm

PeteSilas

cloveringold85 said:

PeteSilas said:

life is largely what you make it, of course getting old can be bad but so is being a teenager, so is being young and stupid, life is pain, one of the great truths. I always pictured Prince aging like the master he was, losing some things, gaining others and great perspective on it all. A treasure. We do live in an ageist society and lots of people, maybe prince too, start feeling fucking useless when they get old because they bought into that shit. I don't know what the big deal is really, i see all kinds of different reactions to getting old, women lose their looks and aren't mothers anymore and they get reallly fucking wierd, men can get like that too, just fucking useless and craving to feel useful when they are just in the fucking way, but thing is, it doesn't have to be like that. If you're mature enough to evolve and adapt things don't have to be that way. Women don't have to become nags just because they miss the power they used to have over men or the nurturing they gave their children. Men don't have to completely become so old in their thinking and just plain wierd and outmoded. Prince did say one thing "I haven't got time for old people" in that regard, he was spot on, and it's not just age, it's moaning and complaining, it's being lazy and sedentary, it's being relentlessly negative and miserable that make being around old people a test of patience. Some older people have just signed out of life to such an extent that you can't even suggest anything to them, there is always an excuse. I learned not to even offer anything, they've already embraced death even if they are only in their fifties. Not that i don't understand, we all get tired, we all get dissapointed because that's what the world does but you have to work against that or you're done. then, the health issues of aging, that's another matter which no human can completely control. our society isn't kind to the old but didn't prince used to say "we don't let society tell us what to do"? WE don't have to see things like that.

.

Getting old is just a fact of life. Some people had tough lives, and become bitter. While other's who lived more privileged life are better-off it seems. Going through hard times makes you stronger and builds character, and that's what Prince had. He was always moving forward, and becoming a better person. I think age is a state of mind. A lot of people were raised to act a certain way and have the mindset that you're not allowed to enjoy life after 50 or whatever. I think having a positive attitude and staying active is the key to a healthy life. Prince was extremely talented, so he was never bored. Music never gets old. No one ever expected Prince to die so young. We thought we would see him at 90 years old, and still playing guitar.

strictly for musical talent, 57 is still very capable for a musicians. Oscar Peterson once saw Rubinstein "demolish" a piano and he wondered "how could that be he's so much older than me?" I see musicians far superior and far older than me all the time, they may not even be as dynamic as they used to be but there is greater depth and sensitivity to what they do. Like I say, you lose one thing, you gain another. I remember complaining to a math teacher that my memory wasn't what it was when i was 35, she said she was much older, she was, in her mid sixties and yet she stayed current on everything in her trade, it was amazing really and an illustration to me that you do not have to be the old guy who can't figure out the clock on your car or whatever. I don't know if the rumours we heard of prince being depressed over stagnation are true or not, i really don't but I never saw him going out like that. I always saw him becoming a national treasure like the old jazzmen did. I've also known some very successful people who just somehow got beaten down by the system they were in (college Professors, movie directors) and you think "their lives aren't that bad, they are making it bad".

One more thing, sometimes I'll see street people who i've seen for years, just struggling with whatever they are struggling with and you think "how come prince is dead and they aren't" doesn't make sense but it does tell me that there is a god who tries to look out for us and that we should be humble and grateful for it. Other day I saw a prostitute i'd been saying for years, someone who obviously has troubles but was always kind and courteous, that alone tells me that there is a god. If i'd had any cash on me i'd have given it to her.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 12/21/16 5:12am

Noodled24

babynoz said:

laurarichardson said:

You don't even know what you are talking about. No one is pushing an agenda but you. These people have more insight then you have and you are for some odd reason this disturbs you. The question is why? Just don't listen to the podcast and go and enjoy life.



You are the one who is desperately hanging around for crumbs from podcasts, but I should go enjoy life? I already don't listen because I AM doing just that.

I told you once before what you need to do to improve your attitude...shall I remind you? lol


So you don't listen to them yourself? You just bitch about things you haven't heard?

What do you feel you've contributed?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 12/21/16 5:44am

laurarichardso
n

babynoz said:

laurarichardson said:

You don't even know what you are talking about. No one is pushing an agenda but you. These people have more insight then you have and you are for some odd reason this disturbs you. The question is why? Just don't listen to the podcast and go and enjoy life.



You are the one who is desperately hanging around for crumbs from podcasts, but I should go enjoy life? I already don't listen because I AM doing just that.

I told you once before what you need to do to improve your attitude...shall I remind you? lol

What does listening to a podcast have to do with enjoying life? If you listen to these podcast you would actually know what the you are talking about when commenting on them. No one is gossiping on those podcasts these are people who worked with Prince who are discussing projects they worked on with him and his work habits.

None have said anything disparaging about him but if you listened to them you would know that. Some of us are interested in what he was going on with his projects and his life and we are not interested in what the media wants to spin to get clicks. The Doctor is doing a good thing for the fan community.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 12/21/16 11:42am

luxegolightly

Noodled24 said:



luxegolightly said:



So I'm not the only one that gives Funkenberry the side eye? I don't question his sincerity as a fan or how he feels about Prince's legacy, but I don't like his little gossipy tidbits either. It makes him seem like a two faced attention whore who's trying to stay relevant because Prince is gone. Either call the questionable folks out by name if you have the receipts or leave the rumors to the Twitter and FB timelines. He can clearly get good guests who worked closely with Prince so why the extra?


There haven't been any gossipy tit-bits. That's the whole point of this thread. People wanting MORE gossip. Not less.



FYI this thread is already 2 pages longer than any of the ones where he has the guests on. That in itself is ridiculous.






Well let's use a word that would make you happier...how about innuendos? Someone asking who Funkenberry is referring to is a very valid question because he's the one who started the speculation. What's ridiculous is that he would even want to join the hit parade of Prince associates who chatter on about what they allegedly know about questionable things in Prince's camp.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Who is Funkenberry referring to?