independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Jan 2020 11:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Video: Awesome documentary footage of Prince's AMAZING Lovesexy era
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/13/16 12:43am

Latin

Video: Awesome documentary footage of Prince's AMAZING Lovesexy era

Check out this awesome documentary footage of Prince's absolutely amazing Lovesexy era:

https://m.youtube.com/wat...MVoalxeISU
[Edited 12/13/16 1:29am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/13/16 1:36am

Goddess4Real

avatar

Thanks, this footage is great 😊
Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/13/16 1:42am

antonb

Thanks. But this footage has been around for years. No need to post it on here. Any Prince fan worth his or her salt, would have already seen it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/13/16 2:03am

ChadNPG69

avatar

antonb said:

Thanks. But this footage has been around for years. No need to post it on here. Any Prince fan worth his or her salt, would have already seen it.

Well, I c that things never really change around here. Some people r always looking 4 a parade 2 rain on.

::Official Member of the 1978-1995 Club::
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/13/16 2:11am

NouveauDance

avatar

To be fair, this is footage from one of the most well known TV documentaries on Prince from the time. But there are a lot of new fans here this year, so it's nice to get a reminder. I think if it was posted with a little more context you wouldn't get the old guard thumbing their nose at it - The thread title provides little context and could be taken as meaning new, previously unseen footage - some of which has begun to surface recently. As always, context is key smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/13/16 2:19am

antonb

Not having a go, just saying its nothing new. Except for new Prince fans. Enjoy!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/13/16 2:24am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

antonb said:

Thanks. But this footage has been around for years. No need to post it on here. Any Prince fan worth his or her salt, would have already seen it.


Well, today I learned, I'm not worth my salt as a Prince fan! biggrin

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/13/16 2:42am

FlyOnTheWall

I can never see this too much!! Thanks for sharing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/13/16 4:03am

Dibblekins

Can never see this footage too often for my tastes!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/13/16 4:43am

lemoncrush19

avatar

there are things that can't be watched too often ... this footage is one of them. and I'm afraid we all have to learn to find joy in repetition bawl ... please keep sharing the good stuff!!!! grouphug

the only love there is is the love we make heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/13/16 5:00am

Noodled24

Question: Who made this? and is it really only 10 minutes long?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/13/16 5:14am

Guitarhero

lemoncrush19 said:

there are things that can't be watched too often ... this footage is one of them. and I'm afraid we all have to learn to find joy in repetition bawl ... please keep sharing the good stuff!!!! grouphug

hug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/13/16 5:24am

dodger

Noodled24 said:

Question: Who made this? and is it really only 10 minutes long?

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/13/16 6:07am

Noodled24

dodger said:

Noodled24 said:

Question: Who made this? and is it really only 10 minutes long?

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files


Thanks mate. Did the BBC shoot this? Or was it an in-house documentary which was cut up and inserted into the BBC documentary (and others).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/13/16 6:28am

FUNKNROLL

Fan for over 30 year's, especially LoveSexy.
I've never seen that before and I enjoyed it tremendously.
Thank you for sharing.

Has full audio of that LA sound check ever circulated among fans?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/13/16 6:34am

TheDigitalGard
ener

FUNKNROLL said:

Has full audio of that LA sound check ever circulated among fans?

No.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/13/16 6:34am

MMJas

avatar

Love this. Had it on vhs for years. Always great to watch again!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/13/16 6:54am

dodger

Noodled24 said:

dodger said:

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files


Thanks mate. Did the BBC shoot this? Or was it an in-house documentary which was cut up and inserted into the BBC documentary (and others).

As far as I recall it was mostly archive footage he gave to the BBC after he possibly agreed to an interview. It included a clip of the Daddy Pop video that surfaced recently.

.

Before someone says I'm talking shit there's more info on it here

.

http://prince.org/msg/7/339463

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/13/16 7:33am

FunkiestOne

avatar

Yes this has been out for over 25 years, but of course some new fans (and casual fans) may not have seen it. You don't have to be a superfan to be allowed to enjoy Prince, so nothing wrong with a repost of sorts.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/13/16 8:02am

donnyenglish

I have never seen the footage without the commentary. There were some great snippets that I don't remember seeing before like Prince talking to Mavis in the studio. I think that clip was longer and you could hear it better. I don't quite remember Prince on the drums with George Clinton and being able to hear it like that. Thanks to the original poster for making it available. I would kill for the complete tapes for these recordings.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/13/16 9:22am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

dodger said:

Noodled24 said:

Question: Who made this? and is it really only 10 minutes long?

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files


Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/13/16 10:08am

TheDigitalGard
ener

TrivialPursuit said:

dodger said:

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files



I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.

Yes that clip is in both versions of the doc.

.

For those who don't know - The original BBC Omnibus doc was called "Prince Rogers Nelson," there was a US versionwhich was aired at a later date which was basically the same as the UK version but with a couple of bits of slightly different footage and interview snippets, this was called "The Prince Of Paisley Park."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/13/16 10:10am

Noodled24

dodger said:

Noodled24 said:


Thanks mate. Did the BBC shoot this? Or was it an in-house documentary which was cut up and inserted into the BBC documentary (and others).

As far as I recall it was mostly archive footage he gave to the BBC after he possibly agreed to an interview. It included a clip of the Daddy Pop video that surfaced recently.

.

Before someone says I'm talking shit there's more info on it here

.

http://prince.org/msg/7/339463


Thanks mate. Hard to keep track since the footage seems to have been used in so many documentaries over the years.

There was speculation on Housequake a few years back now, that the BBC archives might have more Prince footage, but I don't remember the specifics.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/13/16 10:12am

Noodled24

TrivialPursuit said:

dodger said:

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files


Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.


This sounds like the bit I was looking for.

Camera-man fliming Prince walking down a corridor, P jumps into a lift and the camera-man runs to catch up and get in the lift, just as the doors are closing Prince steps out the lift leaving the camera-man trapped inside.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/13/16 10:15am

TheDigitalGard
ener

Noodled24 said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.


This sounds like the bit I was looking for.

Camera-man fliming Prince walking down a corridor, P jumps into a lift and the camera-man runs to catch up and get in the lift, just as the doors are closing Prince steps out the lift leaving the camera-man trapped inside.

That clip is on the Nude Tour pro-shot from Japan, not the Omnibus doc.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/13/16 10:19am

Noodled24

^ Thanks man. My bad. It was the similar hairstyle that threw me I think.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/13/16 10:59am

geetee71

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

dodger said:

It's from BBC's Omnibus documentary aka The Magnoli Files


Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.

.

The part you mention was from a BBC show called 'Behind The Beat' shown in 1988 - much earlier than the Omnibus / Prince Of Paisley Park docus.

.

Before the shot of Prince they also spot Sheila strolling around Paisley: "Run Sheila, Run!" - 1:20 & 1:15 respectively in this video:

https://youtu.be/fK5R4yvEZLA?t=1m15s

.

It then has a short clip of Femi Jiya working on a remix of Lovesexy.

.

The show is short but definitely worth a watch. We didn't get a huge amount of Prince on the TV back in the day and it was fascinating to get a glimpse inside Paisley and at all the different functions there (wardrobe, car shop, etc). I had this show on VHS and wore it out.

.

[Edited 12/13/16 11:04am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/13/16 11:37am

Latin

donnyenglish said:

I have never seen the footage without the commentary. There were some great snippets that I don't remember seeing before like Prince talking to Mavis in the studio. I think that clip was longer and you could hear it better. I don't quite remember Prince on the drums with George Clinton and being able to hear it like that. Thanks to the original poster for making it available. I would kill for the complete tapes for these recordings.


Thank you.

Yes, it would be wonderful to check out the complete tapes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/13/16 11:58am

TheDigitalGard
ener

geetee71 said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.

.

The part you mention was from a BBC show called 'Behind The Beat' shown in 1988 - much earlier than the Omnibus / Prince Of Paisley Park docus.

Good call. This is on The Magnoli Files boot too, I'd forgotten all about it.

The clip of Prince walking in green was also used in the later Omnibus doc which is what Trivial and I were thinking of.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/13/16 12:16pm

dodger

TheDigitalGardener said:



Noodled24 said:




TrivialPursuit said:




Thank you. I was trying to remember where it was from before I posted. It really is fun stuff.

I don't remember if it was this or something else (The Prince of Paisley Park?), but there's a quick shot from the 2nd floor of the atrium, and you can see Prince - dressed in joker green (my definition) - struttin' down the hall, heels click-clacking. It's just a couple of seconds, but such a neat little piece of Prince just roaming around, or headed somewhere.




This sounds like the bit I was looking for.

Camera-man fliming Prince walking down a corridor, P jumps into a lift and the camera-man runs to catch up and get in the lift, just as the doors are closing Prince steps out the lift leaving the camera-man trapped inside.



That clip is on the Nude Tour pro-shot from Japan, not the Omnibus doc.



I thought you meant this bit of comedy gold

http://fxckyeahprince.tum...ore-a-show
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Video: Awesome documentary footage of Prince's AMAZING Lovesexy era