independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 24th Jul 2019 3:21am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sheila E's New Single "Girl Meets Boy"****UPDATE*****
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 06/28/16 3:21pm

wildgoldenhone
y

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:



wildgoldenhoney said:


OldFriends4Sale said:




No, she didn't leave him. Prince brought her and Cassandra(her keyboardist) and before they made it to Italy Prince took her off the tour and sent her home and kept Cassandra. Then during the Welcome 2 America tour in California he was supposed to have her and the EFamily open, then at the last minute took them off. After that she basically said she had to work to get her shows/career moving.



When Prince summond her for a Michigan show, she declined.


But they reconciled sometime last year, MN she flew out to Minneapolis



#Romance1600





Link please.


she posted it on her facebook, I think she had a picture in a plane attached




Um can anybody just check her fb because I'm not connected.

'M€€t m€ iπ ∆π°th€r W°®£d, $p∆©€, π J°y!' - FutureLover heart FutureQueen

Attn:
HI PRIVATE EYE
- plz contact L.k.g - thx


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 06/28/16 3:51pm

maseratigirl

wildgoldenhoney said:

Astasheiks said:

Video is touching and sad. Fact of matter is P rocked a lot of Worlds. She seem like Mayte; who seem to be still in love with P. But at least Mayte did get to be a wife for awhile. All this seem a little confusing, like wildgoldenhoney said, "regret not making peace while he still was alive."


Yup. That's why she's taking it so hard. Even harder than his ex wives it seems. That BET pic u can see her regret.


She said she talked to Prince about 8 months before this nightmare happened (that's what it is to me and I'm still waiting to wake up) and she said she also called to check on him after the plane incident but Kirk said he was resting. So exactly what are you referring to when you say they were on bad terms?

I don't think Sheila is milking this for money. She is really grieving because she knew Prince and loved Prince. We didn't even know him personally and we're having a hard time so just imagine how she feels.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way because I'm really not trying to start any confusion.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 06/28/16 4:18pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

maseratigirl said:

wildgoldenhoney said:
Yup. That's why she's taking it so hard. Even harder than his ex wives it seems. That BET pic u can see her regret.
She said she talked to Prince about 8 months before this nightmare happened (that's what it is to me and I'm still waiting to wake up) and she said she also called to check on him after the plane incident but Kirk said he was resting. So exactly what are you referring to when you say they were on bad terms? I don't think Sheila is milking this for money. She is really grieving because she knew Prince and loved Prince. We didn't even know him personally and we're having a hard time so just imagine how she feels. I hope I didn't come across the wrong way because I'm really not trying to start any confusion. #LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜

Nope, I agree. There is nothing self-serving about Sheila E.'s grief--it is real. Like the rest of us, she probably thought there was plenty of time to mend bridges...and there suddenly wasn't. A lesson for all of us. I just watched Kevin Smith's podcast on Prince...and he was breaking down emotionally, stating he had regrets for things he said in the past and not having mended bridges (not his exact words). It was very heartfelt... He said he had matured so much since the time he spent with Prince; he almost started weeping when he recalled how Prince spoke to and danced with his daughter. A lesson for all of us...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 06/28/16 4:32pm

maseratigirl

If they were on the outs, then why would she say they talked about 8 months ago. The truth is we don't know what was going on with them.

I love Prince and Sheila! Of course, I love Prince more so if I thought she was using this time as a way to make money, I wouldn't be defending her. I haven't purchased the song because I didn't see it on iTunes but I think it's a nice song and the video as well. If she just wanted to make money then she wouldn't let us hear the song for free. I know I've listened to it a lot.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 06/28/16 4:40pm

BabyBlueBentle
y

Thanks for the heads up on all of the imagery in the video.. I'll wait to watch when I'm alone long enough for tears to dry and my eyes to clear. I'm the only one in my immediate circle who is still emotional over his passing.

Singing 'I Wanna Be Your Lover' in elementary school was too much fun!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 06/28/16 4:52pm

wildgoldenhone
y

avatar

maseratigirl said:

wildgoldenhoney said:


Yup. That's why she's taking it so hard. Even harder than his ex wives it seems. That BET pic u can see her regret.


She said she talked to Prince about 8 months before this nightmare happened (that's what it is to me and I'm still waiting to wake up) and she said she also called to check on him after the plane incident but Kirk said he was resting. So exactly what are you referring to when you say they were on bad terms?

I don't think Sheila is milking this for money. She is really grieving because she knew Prince and loved Prince. We didn't even know him personally and we're having a hard time so just imagine how she feels.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way because I'm really not trying to start any confusion.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜

Read the thread and u will see the link I was referring to. I thought that was their last interaction between each otter, didn't see anything after that.

'M€€t m€ iπ ∆π°th€r W°®£d, $p∆©€, π J°y!' - FutureLover heart FutureQueen

Attn:
HI PRIVATE EYE
- plz contact L.k.g - thx


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 06/28/16 4:57pm

wildgoldenhone
y

avatar

Regret is tough. And so is feeling responsible for possibly causing someone's death. (And I'm not talking about Sheila.) sad sad sad

'M€€t m€ iπ ∆π°th€r W°®£d, $p∆©€, π J°y!' - FutureLover heart FutureQueen

Attn:
HI PRIVATE EYE
- plz contact L.k.g - thx


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 06/28/16 5:17pm

maseratigirl

wildgoldenhoney said:

maseratigirl said:



She said she talked to Prince about 8 months before this nightmare happened (that's what it is to me and I'm still waiting to wake up) and she said she also called to check on him after the plane incident but Kirk said he was resting. So exactly what are you referring to when you say they were on bad terms?

I don't think Sheila is milking this for money. She is really grieving because she knew Prince and loved Prince. We didn't even know him personally and we're having a hard time so just imagine how she feels.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way because I'm really not trying to start any confusion.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜

Read the thread and u will see the link I was referring to. I thought that was their last interaction between each otter, didn't see anything after that.


Well she said she talked to him about 8 months ago and I personally believe her. If she was going to lie, she would've said she talked to him a week before the nightmare. 8 months is still a long time so that's why I believe her. She also called after the plane incident but she didn't get to speak with him.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜
[Edited 6/28/16 17:18pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 06/28/16 5:28pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

maseratigirl said:

wildgoldenhoney said:
Read the thread and u will see the link I was referring to. I thought that was their last interaction between each otter, didn't see anything after that.
Well she said she talked to him about 8 months ago and I personally believe her. If she was going to lie, she would've said she talked to him a week before the nightmare. 8 months is still a long time so that's why I believe her. She also called after the plane incident but she didn't get to speak with him. #LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜 [Edited 6/28/16 17:18pm]

I believe what Sheila says. I don't get any insincere vibes from her. Besides, she and Prince had falling outs before in the past and always mended bridges and ended up performing with each other again. Besides that, I met her in person after a concert and she seemed like a very genuine, caring person to me. A strong-willed person in control of her own life...in much the same way as Prince.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 06/28/16 5:36pm

wildgoldenhone
y

avatar

maseratigirl said:

wildgoldenhoney said:


Read the thread and u will see the link I was referring to. I thought that was their last interaction between each otter, didn't see anything after that.


Well she said she talked to him about 8 months ago and I personally believe her. If she was going to lie, she would've said she talked to him a week before the nightmare. 8 months is still a long time so that's why I believe her. She also called after the plane incident but she didn't get to speak with him.

#LoveU4EverMyPrince💜💜💜
[Edited 6/28/16 17:18pm]

I didn't say that I didn't believe u, just that that was the last I heard. But if u heard something in addition... then well, I wasn't saying nothing contradictory. shrug

'M€€t m€ iπ ∆π°th€r W°®£d, $p∆©€, π J°y!' - FutureLover heart FutureQueen

Attn:
HI PRIVATE EYE
- plz contact L.k.g - thx


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 06/28/16 8:03pm

ACharmed1

Sooo, I only heard a little snippet of the song when she did an interview, I forget where. It was such a small clip but it sounded good. I know it's gonna be an emotional song, but the past 2 days haven't been good 1s for me. So I ask my Purple fam this: is this a must listen to help to heal kind of song, or a tear my still beating heart cry Ur eyes out again type song? confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 06/28/16 8:10pm

cindyt

wildgoldenhoney said:

Regret is tough. And so is feeling responsible for possibly causing someone's death. (And I'm not talking about Sheila.) sad sad sad

who are u talking about?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 06/28/16 8:11pm

cindyt

the song is pretty...I think Sheila E looks very sad...and I thought the ex wife looked sad too...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 06/29/16 1:53am

Gohi

Honestly, for someone who knew Prince so well and is clearly affected by this death, the lyrics for this song feel completely bland and forgettable. It all feels very by-the-numbers. Sorry, I just don't like it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 06/29/16 1:54am

dayzofwyld

DiscoBallz said:

dayzofwyld said:

A statement about what?

About words being like shoes, just something to stand on.

What a load of old nonsense...some of you people need a reality check.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 06/29/16 3:15am

Gohi

dayzofwyld said:

DiscoBallz said:

About words being like shoes, just something to stand on.

What a load of old nonsense...some of you people need a reality check.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 06/29/16 5:56am

perfume

Gohi said:

Honestly, for someone who knew Prince so well and is clearly affected by this death, the lyrics for this song feel completely bland and forgettable. It all feels very by-the-numbers. Sorry, I just don't like it.

I thought it was just me. Considering the intertwining of their histories, and their connection, the song didn't seem to reflect the depth, longevity or the essence of the relationship. This is by no means shade, I love Sheila. It just felt a bit rushed is all. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 06/29/16 6:00am

Gohi

perfume said:

Gohi said:

Honestly, for someone who knew Prince so well and is clearly affected by this death, the lyrics for this song feel completely bland and forgettable. It all feels very by-the-numbers. Sorry, I just don't like it.

I thought it was just me. Considering the intertwining of their histories, and their connection, the song didn't seem to reflect the depth, longevity or the essence of the relationship. This is by no means shade, I love Sheila. It just felt a bit rushed is all. neutral

We're probably gonna get attacked for this, but I'm not coming at this song with anything but respect for Sheila as a musician and as a person.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 06/29/16 6:20am

perfume

Gohi said:

perfume said:

I thought it was just me. Considering the intertwining of their histories, and their connection, the song didn't seem to reflect the depth, longevity or the essence of the relationship. This is by no means shade, I love Sheila. It just felt a bit rushed is all. neutral

We're probably gonna get attacked for this, but I'm not coming at this song with anything but respect for Sheila as a musician and as a person.

I adore Sheila, hence the set of timbales sitting in my mom's basement to this day. lol.

I'm sure we'll get attacked, it's cool. That seems to be what's hot on the streets around here. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 06/29/16 8:12am

Graycap23

avatar

Gohi said:

perfume said:

I thought it was just me. Considering the intertwining of their histories, and their connection, the song didn't seem to reflect the depth, longevity or the essence of the relationship. This is by no means shade, I love Sheila. It just felt a bit rushed is all. neutral

We're probably gonna get attacked for this, but I'm not coming at this song with anything but respect for Sheila as a musician and as a person.

Attacked? Everyone doesn't have 2 like the song. It's not that serious.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 06/29/16 10:34am

loveandkindnes
s

makeadifference said:



Heidi said:


OK - DON'T johnwoo johnwoo me , but ...


.


.


isn't she milking his death a little for commercial purposes? The Prince tribute on Sunday, immediately after the song/video is releases, a Prince tribute album ? Sounds to me like she's trying to make some cash ...





I would somewhat agree with you IF ... she sang this at the BET awards BUT ... she didn't.



This song is not going to be a big commercial hit .. it's a very real, honest and distilled reflection of what she felt for him .. to honor him.



On Sunday she left it all on the stage to honor Prince and now this song ... beautifully expresses her grief.



I'm glad she put this out into the world and her timing is perfect, in my opinion. She's grieving a very special era in her life.

Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 06/29/16 10:36am

loveandkindnes
s

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

The lyrics:


“Girl Meets Boy”

Written by Sheila E. & Mychael Gabriel


VERSE I
I was just a girl
And when I saw your face
You were just a boy


But you rocked my world
And deep inside
I know that I did the same


CHORUS I
I let your love rain down on me
I let you love rain on me


VERSE II
Yesterday
A memory we’ll cherish
Or is this a dream?
I don’t wanna wake up
I wanna be with you
Welcome to my world


When you left – it rained down on me
When you left – it rained on me


VERSE III
You were just a boy
And when you saw my face
I was just a girl


But I rocked your world
And somewhere deep inside
You know you did the same


OUTRO
Just a boy
I was just a girl
Just a boy
Just a girl


I let your love
Rain on me
I let your love
Rain on me



touched

Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 06/29/16 10:40am

tomds

sounds like Michael Jackson singing smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 06/29/16 11:15am

loveandkindnes
s

i listened to the song twice...I like it it was heart fealt and made me cry. Consider this: she was 21 he was 20 they had a six month age difference when they met...they had both known about each other's talents prior to their meeting. Think back when you were that age...a boy and a girl now, fast forward to now. Think about the journey they had together, they were friends and perhaps lovers....the relationship and electric energy they shared is a once in a lifetime deal...I enjoyed the song she wrote it for Prince I believe. When people we love pass we are reminded of our own mortality it makes us think...heal Sheila his love reigns down....ok enough I'm gonna listen to her song Mona Lisa ..it's a bit funky and I enjoy the lyrics .
Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 06/29/16 11:27am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

loveandkindness said:

i listened to the song twice...I like it it was heart fealt and made me cry. Consider this: she was 21 he was 20 they had a six month age difference when they met...they had both known about each other's talents prior to their meeting. Think back when you were that age...a boy and a girl now, fast forward to now. Think about the journey they had together, they were friends and perhaps lovers....the relationship and electric energy they shared is a once in a lifetime deal...I enjoyed the song she wrote it for Prince I believe. When people we love pass we are reminded of our own mortality it makes us think...heal Sheila his love reigns down....ok enough I'm gonna listen to her song Mona Lisa ..it's a bit funky and I enjoy the lyrics .

I really like the song Prince wrote for her--"Leader of the Band." It makes me think of her father Pete Escovedo when I hear it... wink

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 06/29/16 11:41am

TXfan

I like the song. Wish she would have had pictures of her with Prince. Maybe some we've never seen before?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 06/30/16 2:07am

Pjwest

Is this available in FLAC or mp3?

Just wondered before I sign up and buy it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 06/30/16 3:23am

Bunsterdk

I loved her performance on BET and sat down to see and listen to this song with all good feelings towards her. But I had to stop it before the end. Can't even put words to why, but it put me off her for a while I'm afraid.

Gotta go back to that Alma performance and find my love for her again. They killed that show together! cool biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 06/30/16 5:07am

Dsoul

avatar

Sounds like something Michael Jackson would sing to Macaulay Culkin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 06/30/16 6:40am

Identity

I haven't downloaded the new song yet; however, her website design utilizes simplicity at it's best. It's so clean and screams professional.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Sheila E's New Single "Girl Meets Boy"****UPDATE*****