independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 12:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > BREAKING NEWS: Prince died of an opioid overdose: law enforcement official
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 40 « First<2345678910>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 06/02/16 10:44am

nonames

I was still hoping that there would be an element that made it an unavoidable event. But no. A few more hours and he would have met that doctor to start his treatment. Shame.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 06/02/16 10:45am

razord

avatar

Damn tabloids will have a field day on this, bastards already have Prince drug overdose on all the news apps, dunno how I feel right now, as crap as ever I guess.
All u haters need to recognize, if u cant c right through these lies, good gawd!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 06/02/16 10:45am

GirlBrother

avatar

My only question is why the official release of the full autopsy is taking so long.

An overdose of a prescription drug in someone's bloodstream usually only takes hours to determine - not weeks.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 06/02/16 10:47am

mjscarousal

Very sad sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 06/02/16 10:47am

savvy

razord said:

Damn tabloids will have a field day on this, bastards already have Prince drug overdose on all the news apps, dunno how I feel right now, as crap as ever I guess.

The good news is you can troll and rip those sites that were claiming Prince died of AIDS.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 06/02/16 10:47am

CROWNS1

CNN has it now.

Star Tribune as well. They are reporting that the day prior to his passing Dr. Schulenberg treated him for "fatigue, anemia, and opiate withdrawal".

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 06/02/16 10:47am

cindyt

if prince truly died of an opioid overdose, then the provider of those opioids, the person who drove him to get them, and the people who left him alone after the plane emergency hold some sort of responsibility in this situation. Especially any medical personnel...this just doesn't happen. Sorry. I have too many people in my family who have experienced addiction problems, and when you are on these prescriptions or illegal substances people don't leave you alone like this. This story is so off, and now you claim a law enforcement official has leaked this info? Let's make sure we make this guy out to be an addict, ok? Someone who didn't profess to use drugs his whole life. The story is off people. Wake up, as they say. With a story this off the rails, and this much money involved, well.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 06/02/16 10:49am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

leadline said:

Mkilpatrick74 said:

leadline said: My pain mgt dr said he would have had to take a handful at a time to kill him that fast. She believes it interacted w another med. Accidental


Exactly, thank you for backing that up with some solid info.

^^ Exactly that. I have more to say about this but will wait until the official report comes out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 06/02/16 10:49am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Let’s refrain from blaming or bashing the JW faith or saying nasty things about the JW faith, not nice to fingerpoint. We lost Prince and we are all hurting and grieving in our own way. Please Keep discussion civil and respectful. Thank you.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 06/02/16 10:49am

laurarichardso
n

avajane said:

BanishedBrian said:



avajane said:


If the autopsy reports aren't going to be released until tomorrow, then how did the AP get this info?


Is this meant to be a serious question?


Yes, I'm simply wondering who leaked out the info and was it legal for them to do so, can the AP release that info if the official autopsy report hasn't been released yet? I guess it is all legal to do so and TMZ is no different from the other media outlets when it comes to being the first to get the info.

--/ According to Minneapolis state law only the cause of death and demographics are made public. The tox report will go to his family and can made public if their is an criminal investigation and a court order. Unfortunately, he had stupid ass people working for him who did have common sense to call 911 or threaten with a call to the police however, we cannot put in jail form worrying about their paycheck instead of doing what it is right. I am looking Van Hunt, Kirk J, and this Meron chick.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 06/02/16 10:50am

tmo1965

Suzanne said:

This is premature. The official report is released tomorrow.

There may be more to the story. Underlying cause, etc.

No matter what the reason, its sad and definitely hard to accept. May he finally rest in peace.

Where did you hear that?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 06/02/16 10:51am

Militant

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

avajane said:
Yes, I'm simply wondering who leaked out the info and was it legal for them to do so, can the AP release that info if the official autopsy report hasn't been released yet? I guess it is all legal to do so and TMZ is no different from the other media outlets when it comes to being the first to get the info.
--/ According to Minneapolis state law only the cause of death and demographics are made public. The tox report will go to his family and can made public if their is an criminal investigation and a court order. Unfortunately, he had stupid ass people working for him who did have common sense to call 911 or threaten with a call to the police however, we cannot put in jail form worrying about their paycheck instead of doing what it is right. I am looking Van Hunt, Kirk J, and this Meron chick.

You're thinking of Van Jones.

Van Hunt is a singer/songwriter.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 06/02/16 10:51am

meagemini2

FunkiestOne said:

"The day before his death, Prince was treated by a local doctor for withdrawal symptoms from opioid addiction. The physician, Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg, a family practitioner, treated Prince for fatigue, anemia and concerns about opiate withdrawal."

.

Damn why was he riding his bike and not getting enough sleep. I feel guilty about enjoying the Atlanta shows so much now becuase he clearly wasn't up to them. Oh well he just made some mistakes and one of them was a fatal mistake. No one is perfect but it's so hard to take. But just shows how tenuous life is.

.

I still can't believe he is gone. I have been listening to his music a lot (of course) and just seems like he is still here and just hurts to be faced with the hard truth again.

[Edited 6/2/16 10:38am]

Maybe riding his bike was part of physical therapy for his hips or just to brighten his spirits. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 06/02/16 10:52am

farnorth

tmo1965 said:

Suzanne said:

This is premature. The official report is released tomorrow.

There may be more to the story. Underlying cause, etc.

No matter what the reason, its sad and definitely hard to accept. May he finally rest in peace.

Where did you hear that?

It's being reported at various news sites:

http://kstp.com/news/prince-overdose-death-opioid/4157825/?cat=1

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 06/02/16 10:52am

babynoz

McD said:

babynoz said:



Except that your conclusion is based on the fact that he did not have surgery and you do not know that.

A conclusion can only be as good as the known facts and your knowldege is incomplete, therefore your conclusion is flawed.

Let's get out the pitchforks though.

Although tweety hasn't presented the argument this way, if you just remove the hip surgery or lack of (and the JW reason), everything else still holds. We all know why he wore heels. Even his sneakers had three or four inch lifts by the looks of it. There are other reasons he may have avoided elective hip surgery other than religion - privacy: not wanting people working on his sedated body, not wanting scars on his body beautiful, general squeamishness, or, sadly, perhaps the opiates initially were working wonders and he thought them a better option. And probably loads of other possibilities.



Again you don't comprehend well.

I was commenting on his CONCLUSION specifically. His CONCLUSION suggests that the root cause is the JW. That is why the moderator snipped him.

Is English your first language?

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 06/02/16 10:53am

SoulAlive

savvy said:

razord said:

Damn tabloids will have a field day on this, bastards already have Prince drug overdose on all the news apps, dunno how I feel right now, as crap as ever I guess.

The good news is you can troll and rip those sites that were claiming Prince died of AIDS.

nod the AIDS story was so terrible.It's worth noting that TMZ never reported that nonsense.They knew it wasn't true.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 06/02/16 10:53am

laurarichardso
n

savvy said:



razord said:


Damn tabloids will have a field day on this, bastards already have Prince drug overdose on all the news apps, dunno how I feel right now, as crap as ever I guess.


The good news is you can troll and rip those sites that were claiming Prince died of AIDS.


--- I hope the family sued National Enquier or least put them blast. Even if he had AIDS who in the hell admonished someone like that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 06/02/16 10:54am

jasontate

avatar

It's about 6 weeks since our man passed on. The fact that he died from an Opiate overdose is not the full picture, or it's very likely we'd have heard that at least a month ago, fullstop. I expect there will be news of an underlying condition which may have weakened him, made him anaemic and/or additional bits to go some way to explaining what happened.

If you look back over pics and appearances over the last 6-8 months or so, he looks a bit pale and glass eyed. I'm still reasonably confident that Prince knew he was ill, outside of the prescription pain killers.

We'll see over the following days. All I know is that it's still hard to get my head around. I was watching North Sea Jazz show 2 last night and once or twice forgot what's happened. When I realised again, my stomach dropped. It's horrible, just horrible. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 06/02/16 10:54am

bashraka

If the cause of death is official, the question that I have is: how much physical pain did Prince endure as a live performer and as a human being? The press is going to sensationalize this news development that Prince was a "druggie". What I take away from his death is that Prince had many creative pursuits that wouldn't allow him to keep his rapid pace of creativity if he were hospitalized for long term care. He was writing his memoirs, playing the Piano & Microphone Tour, producing a band featuring Kirk Johnson, Mononeon, Adrian Crutchfield and a new 3RDEYEGIRL album. He died doing what he loved. He can rest. He doesn't have to deal with the scrutiny that he endured in life. Prince was the Bruce Lee of music. Short, skinny man who sacrificed his health and other aspects of his life by playing series of concerts, producing and recording albums for multiple bands at time of his death, writing his memoirs. He driven way beyond anybody could dream of. It's natural to want to defend his honor but I'm too the point, that its not necessary. Prince was a man and life has many challenges. His faith in his chosen God and religion helped him cope with scrutiny when he was alive. He's at peace

3121 #1 THIS YEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 06/02/16 10:55am

mano

avatar

Considering everything that has been reported this is not surprising. It happens. It's tragic. Prince was human. I loved him and I love him still. It's sad that we lost him this way. In some ways it's Elvis and MJ all over again. Hopefully we can all learn from it.

"I know I hold you too tight, but I just can't seem to get close enough." prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 06/02/16 10:57am

laurarichardso
n

Militant said:



laurarichardson said:


avajane said:
Yes, I'm simply wondering who leaked out the info and was it legal for them to do so, can the AP release that info if the official autopsy report hasn't been released yet? I guess it is all legal to do so and TMZ is no different from the other media outlets when it comes to being the first to get the info.

--/ According to Minneapolis state law only the cause of death and demographics are made public. The tox report will go to his family and can made public if their is an criminal investigation and a court order. Unfortunately, he had stupid ass people working for him who did have common sense to call 911 or threaten with a call to the police however, we cannot put in jail form worrying about their paycheck instead of doing what it is right. I am looking Van Hunt, Kirk J, and this Meron chick.


You're thinking of Van Jones.

Van Hunt is a singer/songwriter.



--/ Yes, I am still shocked that as an attorney he would have some doctor send his son with meds by plane when P could have gone to the Betty Ford clinic down the street or called 911 that is what you do when someone is ill.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 06/02/16 10:57am

tmo1965

mrwiggles said:

Am I the only one here to recognize this is not an official report? A law enforcement official who is not supposed to talk to the media, talks to the media. This is the same old same old we've been getting for several weeks. I don't trust the source and will hold judgment until the official report comes out.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 06/02/16 10:58am

destinyc1

laurarichardson said:

Militant said:

You're thinking of Van Jones.

Van Hunt is a singer/songwriter.


--/ Yes, I am still shocked that as an attorney he would have some doctor send his son with meds by plane when P could have gone to the Betty Ford clinic down the street or called 911 that is what you do when someone is ill.

Well put

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 06/02/16 11:00am

Junglehop

leadline said:



jaawwnn said:


Poor guy, he must have been in so much pain sad

RIP dude. Still my hero for life rose





I don't think it means he was in so much pain at all, why do so many folks think Prince would pop these pills like they were skittles to get the pain away, when doing so is akin to suicide.

Prince was smarter than that and had a much stronger will than anyone I can think of. If anything these opiods reacted with something else imo.



Nobody, not even Prince, is "smarter" or "stronger" than a full blown addiction. Drug addiction is insidious and has robbed the world of many beautiful and intelligent souls. He would have known he had a problem but fighting it alone is near impossible. Opiate addiction can become all consuming and is hideously overpowering, it's not a matter of using common sense to overcome it, you are its mercy and it'll take you to the precipice of death many times and you still won't be able to stop. Yes, popping pills like that is akin to suicide but that's why it is called addiction. Prince was intelligent, he was strong willed, but he was human, and sadly millions of us die every year to addiction. I feel for him, it would have been an excruciating fight, his soul must have been crying in pain to overcome it. I truly believe doctors have a lot to answer for, if you look into it, opiate addiction and overdoses are a hidden modern day epidemic. We have to change the way we treat pain management, it's killing far too many every single day.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 06/02/16 11:01am

mano

avatar

tmo1965 said:

mrwiggles said:

Am I the only one here to recognize this is not an official report? A law enforcement official who is not supposed to talk to the media, talks to the media. This is the same old same old we've been getting for several weeks. I don't trust the source and will hold judgment until the official report comes out.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind as well.

It's called a leak. It happens all the time. Often purposely.

"I know I hold you too tight, but I just can't seem to get close enough." prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 06/02/16 11:02am

Bohemian67

avatar

This article doesn't say anything knew except state earlier speculation, so no new factual evidence.

.

Pasta simmers on the stove in June...

Makes no sense yet, but it will soon....

.

What's that burning.... must be the pasta...

It's June sad

"Free URself, B the best that U can B, 3rd Apartment from the Sun, nothing left to fear" Prince Rogers Nelson - Forever in my Life -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 06/02/16 11:03am

Letsgetcrazy1

TweetyV6 said:

Direct Cause, Decisive Cause, Root Cause, Amplifiers and Catalyst

Now that it's confirmed that Prince's death is caused by an OD of Opioid painkillers, MSM describe this as 'The Cause'

But is that correct?
Partially.

In my job I do a lot of failure investigations. One thing we do are establising so called CAP's Corrective Action Plans. To draft such plan we need to doo a process analysis and root cause analysis. Without a decent definition of the root cause, I cannot prevent a failure from happening again. A simple way to get to the root cause is a so called '5 why' analysis in which you ask "why?" often enough until you get to the end where there's no decent answer possible anymore. At that point you have reached the root cause. This point is often reached at the 5th time asking "Why?"

If you now apply such Root Cause Analysis to Prince's death, I would come up with these results:

1) Why did he die of an OD?
Because he took painkillers (without supervision, but I'm not going down that brach, but you could)

2)Why did he take painkillers? -> Because he was in pain
3)Why was he in pain? -> becasuse he didn't have hip replacement

Here you can (and have to) split again
4a) Why didn't he have hip replacement? -> because his beliefs (JW doctrine) prohibited surgery with blood transfusion.

4b) Why was a hip replacement needed? -> his hips were worn out.
5) Why were his hips worn out? ->Because of his podium-acrobatics on high heels during concerts
Here you could ash why was he wearing high heels. The answer to that would be the real root cause. (Compensation for beïng short,possibly due to an inferiority complex about his height)

Direct Cause: The Opioid O.D. (now confirmed)
Decisive cause: JW Doctrine prohibiting surgery with blood transfusion.
Root Cause: Worn out hips
Catalyst or Amplifier: a possible inferiority complex about his height.

If you look at it rationally, the 'failure''s root cause was known (worn out hips).
But a corrective action would have been surgery.


[Snip - luv4u]

[Edited 6/2/16 10:28am]

Wow! Yes, you have a point. Bottom line, the surgery would have saved his life. So we can all draw from that, what it all boils down to. So sad. His soul is in heaven with no pain in his hips, or in his heart. Love you Prince! RIP!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 06/02/16 11:03am

contropurple

avatar

tmo1965 said:



mrwiggles said:


Am I the only one here to recognize this is not an official report? A law enforcement official who is not supposed to talk to the media, talks to the media. This is the same old same old we've been getting for several weeks. I don't trust the source and will hold judgment until the official report comes out.

Yeah the thought crossed my mind as well.


Feel the same. Hurts as hell anyways.
Will be listening to the Purple One till the day I die. Will dance till I no longer can..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 06/02/16 11:03am

farnorth

Junglehop said:

leadline said:


I don't think it means he was in so much pain at all, why do so many folks think Prince would pop these pills like they were skittles to get the pain away, when doing so is akin to suicide.

Prince was smarter than that and had a much stronger will than anyone I can think of. If anything these opiods reacted with something else imo.

Nobody, not even Prince, is "smarter" or "stronger" than a full blown addiction. Drug addiction is insidious and has robbed the world of many beautiful and intelligent souls. He would have known he had a problem but fighting it alone is near impossible. Opiate addiction can become all consuming and is hideously overpowering, it's not a matter of using common sense to overcome it, you are its mercy and it'll take you to the precipice of death many times and you still won't be able to stop. Yes, popping pills like that is akin to suicide but that's why it is called addiction. Prince was intelligent, he was strong willed, but he was human, and sadly millions of us die every year to addiction. I feel for him, it would have been an excruciating fight, his soul must have been crying in pain to overcome it. I truly believe doctors have a lot to answer for, if you look into it, opiate addiction and overdoses are a hidden modern day epidemic. We have to change the way we treat pain management, it's killing far too many every single day.

I agree with every word of what you write here. The stigmatizing of addiction is tragic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 06/02/16 11:04am

lameless

avatar

This is still gossip to me. Until we have the official report from the ME I will withhold comment.
The ultimate THREAD-KILLER. You won't see me coming. No thread is safe.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 40 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > BREAKING NEWS: Prince died of an opioid overdose: law enforcement official