independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Tyka fb *August memorial updates
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 05/13/16 3:57pm

XxAxX

avatar

confuse didn't prince himself call us 'fams', meaning family/fans? i always thought that term came from him?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 05/13/16 4:03pm

Marrk

avatar

GirlBrother said:

nursev said:

agreed and there is nothing wrong with feeling like he was.

There's an intimacy in putting earphones in, turning-off the lights, and just listening to someone "speak to you" for thirty to eighty minutes. You don't have that level of feeling connected to many people in your life, let alone blood relations. Yes, he felt like family to me too. . [Edited 5/13/16 15:51pm]

I've been doing that every night at bedtime. The only thing i feel bad about is falling asleep to a live gig! It's soothing though. #PrinceDreams.

[Edited 5/13/16 16:04pm]

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 05/13/16 4:04pm

jtfolden

avatar

XxAxX said:

confuse didn't prince himself call us 'fams', meaning family/fans? i always thought that term came from him?

Yes it did because fan was short for fanatic, so fams was preferred.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 05/13/16 4:08pm

Marrk

avatar

jtfolden said:

XxAxX said:

confuse didn't prince himself call us 'fams', meaning family/fans? i always thought that term came from him?

Yes it did because fan was short for fanatic, so fams was preferred.

I always hated the term 'fams', but now i get it. He meant the people that stuck with him throughout, I'm sure of that.

Yeah, we'll, we'll try to imagine what silence looks like.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 05/13/16 4:10pm

morningsong

XxAxX said:

confuse didn't prince himself call us 'fams', meaning family/fans? i always thought that term came from him?



Yes. Just take it that some people are more distant than others and be cool with it.


But just because he called us fam doesn't mean we were a replacement for his blood and bonded family in his mind and some people are getting way too out of hand with their possession of the man (this is not directed at you nursev, we get you, so don't take this personal), and crossing all kinds of lines. It's gross as hell.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 05/13/16 4:10pm

XxAxX

avatar

Marrk said:

jtfolden said:

Yes it did because fan was short for fanatic, so fams was preferred.

I always hated the term 'fams', but now i get it. He meant the people that stuck with him throughout, I'm sure of that.

me too. i feel as though i lost a family member, which surprises me. i guess i not only never expected he could die, i never even imagined how sad it could make me.

.

however, i'm glad i don't have to plan a memorial for prince becauae it would be impossible to please everyone. i feel sorry for tyka who shouldn't have to make facebook statements explaining what she's going through, poor dear.

.

maybe us fans should start a gofundme and do our own memorial. we could rent paisley park and organize the acts and such.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 05/13/16 4:11pm

jtfolden

avatar

babynoz said:

jtfolden said:

Yes, that doesn't sit right with me either. Where are his cremains currently? Sitting in her home next to a bag of flaming hot cheetos?

I can understand putting on a show for his fans, and that's exactly what the Auguest event sounds like, but his remains should be put in their final resting place now, if they haven't already. I sincerely hope she's nothinking they would have the ashes at the event in August... that would just be a tacky spectacle.



Another snarky cheetos comment and you have the nerve to talk about tacky?

Who exactly do you think you are and why do you think you have a say about the disposition of Prince's remains? wacky

Excuse me but the moment Tyka pushed "post" on a PUBLIC comment about what may be going on then EVERYONE has a right to discuss and give their opinion on it. I'm sorry you can't deal. You can't have it both ways, saying it's a private affair and then involve the public by posting about it on damn facebook. Prince had PR people and she should let them do the talking.

...and posting "I nor my brother's remains will be present at any Memorial or Funeral services, until the families Memorial/Funeral/Tribute." really sounds like a spectacle.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 05/13/16 4:11pm

XxAxX

avatar

morningsong said:

XxAxX said:

confuse didn't prince himself call us 'fams', meaning family/fans? i always thought that term came from him?



Yes. Just take it that some people are more distant than others and be cool with it.


But just because he called us fam doesn't mean we were a replacement for his blood and bonded family in his mind and some people are getting way too out of hand with their possession of the man (this is not directed at you nursev, we get you, so don't take this personal), and crossing all kinds of lines. It's gross as hell.

right. big difference

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 05/13/16 4:37pm

captiveunicorn

Seems like everyone feels differently about this and I guess I'm no different. For me, Thinking that Prince had been officially laid to rest, I had been selfishly hoping for some kind of public memorial that I (not living in the US) could watch in some way... Prince toured the world and was loved the world over so I think it would be fitting to honour him in some kind of public way. But now... it comes as a shock to me to hear that the family memorial was not a funeral and that a funeral won't be held until August... It feels to me now that Prince has not really been laid to rest yet and for some reason that makes me feel sad. However I respect that his family have the right to plan whatever they want whenever they want and my feelings as someone who wasn't family, never met him, and only know him through his music, are completely trivial.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 05/13/16 4:39pm

avajane

So does this pretty much dispel the rumors that the JWs were going to have a funeral for Prince on Sunday?
Love is God,
God is Love
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 05/13/16 4:42pm

jtfolden

avatar

avajane said:

So does this pretty much dispel the rumors that the JWs were going to have a funeral for Prince on Sunday?

No, it just means that's not ... you know... the "Authorized" and "Official" one...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 05/13/16 4:52pm

babynoz

jtfolden said:

babynoz said:



Another snarky cheetos comment and you have the nerve to talk about tacky?

Who exactly do you think you are and why do you think you have a say about the disposition of Prince's remains? wacky

Excuse me but the moment Tyka pushed "post" on a PUBLIC comment about what may be going on then EVERYONE has a right to discuss and give their opinion on it. I'm sorry you can't deal. You can't have it both ways, saying it's a private affair and then involve the public by posting about it on damn facebook. Prince had PR people and she should let them do the talking.

...and posting "I nor my brother's remains will be present at any Memorial or Funeral services, until the families Memorial/Funeral/Tribute." really sounds like a spectacle.



Get. Over. Yourself.


Tyka having to respond to the crap that she's been getting from opinionated, pushy, bombastic and overbearing people like you with no boundaries doesn't give you the right to second guess her decisions about HER brother's remains or anything else she has to cope with.

Apparently you are the one who can't "deal" with the fact that your opinion doesn't mean jack shit in this situation.


Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 05/13/16 5:08pm

avajane

Prince, among many things, was about unity and I have faith that Tyka will invite all the people that knew and loved him (family, old friends, old peers, current friends, current peers, and fans or fams, whichever you prefer) and hopefully everyone will be able to come together and honor his memory on August.
[Edited 5/13/16 17:09pm]
Love is God,
God is Love
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 05/13/16 5:12pm

babynoz

avajane said:

Prince, among many things, was about unity and I have faith that Tyka will invite all the people that knew and loved him (family, old friends, old peers, current friends, current peers, and fans or fams, whichever you prefer) and hopefully everyone will be able to come together and honor his memory on August. [Edited 5/13/16 17:09pm]



I agree and I hope that people will be more respectful and patient in the meantime.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 05/13/16 5:32pm

jtfolden

avatar

babynoz said:



Get. Over. Yourself.


Tyka having to respond to the crap that she's been getting from opinionated, pushy, bombastic and overbearing people like you with no boundaries doesn't give you the right to second guess her decisions about HER brother's remains or anything else she has to cope with.

Apparently you are the one who can't "deal" with the fact that your opinion doesn't mean jack shit in this situation.


I have every right to discuss whatever I wish. Take your own advice and get over yourself. Your opinion means no more than mine and in fact your opinion of my comments means nothing whatsoever. Move along if you don't agree...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 05/13/16 5:32pm

mscru28

IMO, I find every other memorial/funeral service being conducted outside of the full consent of Prince's families as RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Musical tributes are fine.

I understand that we are fans and really love Prince. Yes, we are all in very deep mourning. I am still crying. However, the bottom line is that Tyka was his real next to kin full blood relative. However, she wants to handle his memorail/funeral service is what should happen PERIOD.

Could any one of you imagine someone outside of your family giving your only remaining full blood relative (mother, father, brother, or sister) a funeral without your consent. Most of all your ex-wives arranging a memorial service and without Tyka's consent is very DISRESPECTFUL.

Truth be told, Mani is married and has children with another man (Eric Benet) and Mayte (Prince bearly communicated with her. Plus, wasn't she auctioning their marriage/engagmentl items off in March 2016 (the month before his death)). In addition, both ex-wives were invited to a very intimate service on April 23, 2016. It would had been more appropriate for the ex-wives to offer assist to her whenever she was ready.

Tyka is overwhelmed and mourning at the same time. Prince's estate is a major job to just have dumped into your lap one morning without warning and preparation.

Tyka is in the middle a police investigation regarding her brother's death, a probate court case, a fool claiming to be her brother's son, unknown people claiming to be her half sibling trying to come out and make claims, and the media watching and reporting on her every move whether its true or false. Plus, funds are tied up in Court.

And becuase she not moving on other people's timeline, they have decided to step over her authority and organize a memorial service for Prince even though his remains nor full family are in attendance. CRAZY!!. When Prince died ( cry) Tyka was the one called not Mani nor Mayte.

As I have said before, when people die you really learn who are real friends or who are seeking attention. I am not saying that Mani and Mayte are seeking attention but they are being disrespectful. No way would Prince have tolerated them disrespecting his sister's authority. If he wanted his ex-wives help, he would have left a will naming them as executors or providing them authority to conduct a memorial service.

To be perfectly honest, it was nice that George Lopez stepped up to loan money to the family (if that is even true) but the public should have NEVER known about that loan either.

My prayers go out to Tyka and her family. This is a very difficult time for them. On top of that, they have to figure out which one of Prince's friends and advisors can be trusted. Every swamp thing, mountain dweller, and forest lurker is poking their head out. Stay strong Tyka. God will never give you more than you can bear.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 05/13/16 5:45pm

babynoz

jtfolden said:

babynoz said:



Get. Over. Yourself.


Tyka having to respond to the crap that she's been getting from opinionated, pushy, bombastic and overbearing people like you with no boundaries doesn't give you the right to second guess her decisions about HER brother's remains or anything else she has to cope with.

Apparently you are the one who can't "deal" with the fact that your opinion doesn't mean jack shit in this situation.


I have every right to discuss whatever I wish. Take your own advice and get over yourself. Your opinion means no more than mine and in fact your opinion of my comments means nothing whatsoever. Move along if you don't agree...



Move along? You wish.

You can knock yourself out with entitled, selfish and hateful comments all you want. Just know that I will NOT stand by and allow any personal attacks and disrespect toward Tyka and the rest of Prince's family without responding.

You don't have any rights here that violate the rules. This is a privately owned website.




Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 05/13/16 5:47pm

Mumio

avatar

EddieC said:

Marrk said:

So when he was cremated, what was that? Not a funeral of sorts?

I'm a bit confused by it all. sad

Nothing to be confused by. My mom was cremated, had no memorial or funeral (her request--government agencies were informed, but she didn't even want her obituary in the paper). I went back to my home town to pick up the ashes about a week later, and that was it. There was a time, the night after she died, when all the family was together and talked and cried and stuff, but it wasn't a funeral or a memorial. That's what happened here--a bunch of friends went to Minneapolis, and they spent some time reminiscing and reconnecting. It happened because Prince died, but it was not a funeral or a memorial service.

Tyka says there will be an official memorial--but that doesn't preclude everybody else grieving the loss/celebrating the life anyway they want. Just that she's not going to be attending them, and having done my share of grieving my own personal losses, I can't say I blame her. Many outsiders (and that's what we are--with a handful of exceptions--no matter how torn up about this we are) would like to have things we can participate in, and others less outside than us want to do something as well. That's fine, but I understand Tyka's position on them. Multiple memorials, while they might serve to help the grieving for the various individuals participating in one or two, would be incredibly draining for her. She's not really been public, so add that stress to her grief, and I can see why she doesn't want to be going to a lot of these things. Rather than disappoint some (I attend this one with these people organizing it, but not this one or this one, but I will go to this one), she "supports" all of them, from a distance.

This ^^^^^. Well said EddieC and this is how I understand it also.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 05/13/16 5:48pm

jtfolden

avatar

babynoz said:

jtfolden said:

I have every right to discuss whatever I wish. Take your own advice and get over yourself. Your opinion means no more than mine and in fact your opinion of my comments means nothing whatsoever. Move along if you don't agree...



Move along? You wish.

You can knock yourself out with entitled, selfish and hateful comments all you want. Just know that I will NOT stand by and allow any personal attacks and disrespect toward Tyka and the rest of Prince's family without responding.

You don't have any rights here that violate the rules. This is a privately owned website.




Are you a moderator? NOPE. You have no power over anyone else here. I have not violated any rules. I have expressed my opinions and will continue to do so. I don't care if you respond or not, you are of no importance to me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 05/13/16 5:56pm

babynoz

mscru28 said:

IMO, I find every other memorial/funeral service being conducted outside of the full consent of Prince's families as RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL. Musical tributes are fine.

I understand that we are fans and really love Prince. Yes, we are all in very deep mourning. I am still crying. However, the bottom line is that Tyka was his real next to kin full blood relative. However, she wants to handle his memorail/funeral service is what should happen PERIOD.

Could any one of you imagine someone outside of your family giving your only remaining full blood relative (mother, father, brother, or sister) a funeral without your consent. Most of all your ex-wives arranging a memorial service and without Tyka's consent is very DISRESPECTFUL.

Truth be told, Mani is married and has children with another man (Eric Benet) and Mayte (Prince bearly communicated with her. Plus, wasn't she auctioning their marriage/engagmentl items off in March 2016 (the month before his death)). In addition, both ex-wives were invited to a very intimate service on April 23, 2016. It would had been more appropriate for the ex-wives to offer assist to her whenever she was ready.

Tyka is overwhelmed and mourning at the same time. Prince's estate is a major job to just have dumped into your lap one morning without warning and preparation.

Tyka is in the middle a police investigation regarding her brother's death, a probate court case, a fool claiming to be her brother's son, unknown people claiming to be her half sibling trying to come out and make claims, and the media watching and reporting on her every move whether its true or false. Plus, funds are tied up in Court.

And becuase she not moving on other people's timeline, they have decided to step over her authority and organize a memorial service for Prince even though his remains nor full family are in attendance. CRAZY!!. When Prince died ( cry) Tyka was the one called not Mani nor Mayte.

As I have said before, when people die you really learn who are real friends or who are seeking attention. I am not saying that Mani and Mayte are seeking attention but they are being disrespectful. No way would Prince have tolerated them disrespecting his sister's authority. If he wanted his ex-wives help, he would have left a will naming them as executors or providing them authority to conduct a memorial service.

To be perfectly honest, it was nice that George Lopez stepped up to loan money to the family (if that is even true) but the public should have NEVER known about that loan either.

My prayers go out to Tyka and her family. This is a very difficult time for them. On top of that, they have to figure out which one of Prince's friends and advisors can be trusted. Every swamp thing, mountain dweller, and forest lurker is poking their head out. Stay strong Tyka. God will never give you more than you can bear.



I'm praying so hard for her. No one is being considerate of what she's coping with.


Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 05/13/16 5:58pm

babynoz

jtfolden said:

babynoz said:



Move along? You wish.

You can knock yourself out with entitled, selfish and hateful comments all you want. Just know that I will NOT stand by and allow any personal attacks and disrespect toward Tyka and the rest of Prince's family without responding.

You don't have any rights here that violate the rules. This is a privately owned website.




Are you a moderator? NOPE. You have no power over anyone else here. I have not violated any rules. I have expressed my opinions and will continue to do so. I don't care if you respond or not, you are of no importance to me.



You don't care? Good, because I'm not going to stop standing up for Tyka and against hate directed toward her.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 05/13/16 6:00pm

nursev

This whole thread disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 05/13/16 6:03pm

jtfolden

avatar

babynoz said:

You don't care? Good, because I'm not going to stop standing up for Tyka and against hate directed toward her.

That's cool with me baby...

I still think the idea that Prince's cremains would be on display to be tacky and disrespectful. That will be a circus.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 05/13/16 6:06pm

sonshine

avatar

August seems like such a long way off. It would feel better knowing he was laid to rest sooner than later in a dignified, respectful, solemn(?) ceremony whatever that may be. By all means have a celebration of his life in August cuz that would be cool too. But it feels like he needs a proper "funeral" befitting someone of his stature, as well as a person who was beloved as he was, not to mention his spirituality. That's my opinion which i know actually doesn't matter. Just my two cents.
It's a hurtful place, the world, in and of itself. We don't need to add to it. We all need one another. ~ PRN
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 05/13/16 6:07pm

nursev

sonshine said:

August seems like such a long way off. It would feel better knowing he was laid to rest sooner than later in a dignified, respectful, solemn(?) ceremony whatever that may be. By all means have a celebration of his life in August cuz that would be cool too. But it feels like he needs a proper "funeral" befitting someone of his stature, as well as a person who was beloved as he was, not to mention his spirituality. That's my opinion which i know actually doesn't matter. Just my two cents.

agreed 100%

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 05/13/16 6:10pm

babynoz

jtfolden said:

babynoz said:

You don't care? Good, because I'm not going to stop standing up for Tyka and against hate directed toward her.

That's cool with me baby...

I still think the idea that Prince's cremains would be on display to be tacky and disrespectful. That will be a circus.



Think whatever you like....it ain't your brother.

After all this people here still think they own Prince and he owes them something. Smdh.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 05/13/16 6:11pm

BillieBalloon

jtfolden said:



babynoz said:



You don't care? Good, because I'm not going to stop standing up for Tyka and against hate directed toward her.




That's cool with me baby...



I still think the idea that Prince's cremains would be on display to be tacky and disrespectful. That will be a circus.



She never said they would be on display. Anyway how do you know people haven't asked for them and she said no. I hope they didn't ask for them for the private ex wife memorial, I doubt it but who knows..maybe that is what she is alluding to. The sooner the remains reach their final resting place the better.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 05/13/16 6:12pm

babynoz

Mumio said:

EddieC said:

Nothing to be confused by. My mom was cremated, had no memorial or funeral (her request--government agencies were informed, but she didn't even want her obituary in the paper). I went back to my home town to pick up the ashes about a week later, and that was it. There was a time, the night after she died, when all the family was together and talked and cried and stuff, but it wasn't a funeral or a memorial. That's what happened here--a bunch of friends went to Minneapolis, and they spent some time reminiscing and reconnecting. It happened because Prince died, but it was not a funeral or a memorial service.

Tyka says there will be an official memorial--but that doesn't preclude everybody else grieving the loss/celebrating the life anyway they want. Just that she's not going to be attending them, and having done my share of grieving my own personal losses, I can't say I blame her. Many outsiders (and that's what we are--with a handful of exceptions--no matter how torn up about this we are) would like to have things we can participate in, and others less outside than us want to do something as well. That's fine, but I understand Tyka's position on them. Multiple memorials, while they might serve to help the grieving for the various individuals participating in one or two, would be incredibly draining for her. She's not really been public, so add that stress to her grief, and I can see why she doesn't want to be going to a lot of these things. Rather than disappoint some (I attend this one with these people organizing it, but not this one or this one, but I will go to this one), she "supports" all of them, from a distance.

This ^^^^^. Well said EddieC and this is how I understand it also.



Quoted for emphasis.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 05/13/16 6:14pm

babynoz

BillieBalloon said:

jtfolden said:

That's cool with me baby...

I still think the idea that Prince's cremains would be on display to be tacky and disrespectful. That will be a circus.

She never said they would be on display. Anyway how do you know people haven't asked for them and she said no. I hope they didn't ask for them for the private ex wife memorial, I doubt it but who knows..maybe that is what she is alluding to. The sooner the remains reach their final resting place the better.



She sure didn't.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 05/13/16 6:43pm

gollygirl

avatar

avajane said:

So does this pretty much dispel the rumors that the JWs were going to have a funeral for Prince on Sunday?

This will be a memorial service held for those in his congregation and is normal practice for JWs to have a memorial service after someone dies. It is not a funeral, but a memorial service. The funeral is done by the family (burial or cremation) and often just close family or frieds, but a memorial is for those that knew the person in the congregation and family members if they wish to attend if they are not JWs.

Thank you Prince for every note you left behind 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Tyka fb *August memorial updates