independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Jan 2020 7:44am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What is the filthiest song that Prince has been involved with? or: How I learned to stop worrying and love "Sugar Walls"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/07/15 1:42pm

TraSoul82

What is the filthiest song that Prince has been involved with? or: How I learned to stop worrying and love "Sugar Walls"

What are the lustful contenders for "filthiest" Prince-related track?

I recently came across Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls" and can't get out out of my head. (Not that I'm suffering from a narrow urethra *rimshot*)

Anyhoo... 2 other obvious contenders are:

1."Darling Nikki"- which comes with "parental advisory" bonus points.

2."Erotic City"- yeah

Another contender is actually a little different from the others; it's an instrumental that was so weird and creepy that it woke me up as I was sleeping with headphones on with the iPod on random. Then I saw the title:

"Wet Dream Cousin"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/07/15 2:00pm

80spfantwp

avatar

The defining one to me is the song I remember as a 17 yr old , the one I wouldn'T want to play in company - Girl. That is filth right there and I love it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/07/15 2:06pm

80spfantwp

avatar

Misread ur questions. Prince-related:Nasty Girl, or Scarlet Pussy or LaLaLa - both kinda qualify).Most shocking: Mia Bacco, 'only had l lover, since I was 12 years old.' WTF is that about?! eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/07/15 3:13pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

80spfantwp said:

Misread ur questions. Prince-related:Nasty Girl, or Scarlet Pussy or LaLaLa - both kinda qualify).Most shocking: Mia Bacco, 'only had l lover, since I was 12 years old.' WTF is that about?! eek

I think they meant any song created by Prince, since they went on to name Darling Nikki and Erotic City

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/07/15 3:19pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

TraSoul82 said:

What are the lustful contenders for "filthiest" Prince-related track? I recently came across Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls" and can't get out out of my head. (Not that I'm suffering from a narrow urethra *rimshot*) Anyhoo... 2 other obvious contenders are: 1."Darling Nikki"- which comes with "parental advisory" bonus points. 2."Erotic City"- yeah Another contender is actually a little different from the others; it's an instrumental that was so weird and creepy that it woke me up as I was sleeping with headphones on with the iPod on random. Then I saw the title: "Wet Dream Cousin"

Yes I've always loved Sugar Walls, would have been cool 2 hear Sheila E do that one on the Glamorous Life/PR tour or have Jill Jones lead it backed up by Prince & the Revolution on the tour.

.
I actually don't look at Darling Nikki as being filthy or nasty. The only reason it got the PA sticker is because Tipper Gore heard the word Masturbate.

.

I would go with 'If the Kid Can't Make U Come' -the Time Ice Cream Castles

Head -Dirty Mind

Do Me Baby -Controvery

Let's Pretend We're Married -1999

Tamborine -Around the World in a Day

Shortberry Strawcake -the Glamorous Life

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/07/15 3:28pm

Wolfie87

Scarlet Pussy

"Every 1st of the month this pretty feline got the hots
And that's when the neighborhood, d-d-dogs
They'd line up around the block, meow" Holy Shit 3some tonk

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/07/15 3:53pm

Askani

avatar

Album version of Come.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/07/15 3:54pm

TraSoul82

OldFriends4Sale said:



TraSoul82 said:


What are the lustful contenders for "filthiest" Prince-related track? I recently came across Sheena Easton's "Sugar Walls" and can't get out out of my head. (Not that I'm suffering from a narrow urethra *rimshot*) Anyhoo... 2 other obvious contenders are: 1."Darling Nikki"- which comes with "parental advisory" bonus points. 2."Erotic City"- yeah Another contender is actually a little different from the others; it's an instrumental that was so weird and creepy that it woke me up as I was sleeping with headphones on with the iPod on random. Then I saw the title: "Wet Dream Cousin"

I actually don't look at Darling Nikki as being filthy or nasty. The only reason it got the PA sticker is because Tipper Gore heard the word Masturbate.



.


I would go with 'If the Kid Can't Make U Come' -the Time Ice Cream Castles


Head -Dirty Mind


Do Me Baby -Controvery


Let's Pretend We're Married -1999


Tamborine -Around the World in a Day


Shortberry Strawcake -the Glamorous Life





Yeah, that was literally the only reason included it. Then I visualized the stage hump. But the song itself... Really isn't that bad. At least not in the context I'm looking for.

"Show ya how to grind" vs "There's where you come from my sugar walls."

Ahem...



Darling Nikki is henceforth declared an honorable mention strictly in the spirit of historical significance!
[Edited 11/7/15 15:58pm]
[Edited 11/8/15 2:28am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/07/15 4:15pm

IstenSzek

avatar

recently i've been really smiling a lot about how filthy that


something about a little box with a mirror and a tongue inside,

what she told me then got me so hot i knew that we could slide...


that's pretty darn filthy. there's something about him admitting

to it getting him so hot that makes it extra dirty falloff

and does he actually say 'hot' or is that just in the lyrics booklet
and is he really saing "hard" smile

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/07/15 4:34pm

NorthC

Askani said:

Album version of Come.

No! That's a parody of a Prince song! Just like Gett Off and Sexy MF, no matter how much fun they were. It was Prince faking Prince if U understand what I mean...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/07/15 7:01pm

thedance

avatar

^ No I don't understand that NorthC. eek eek

Come.
Gett Off.
Sexy Motherfucker.

I looove those deeply, all 3 are classic Prince.. imho.... worship heart

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/07/15 7:31pm

lust

avatar

I can't really see past "Let's pretend we're married" in this regard.

It's not just the extreme filth of the lyric "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth" but the fact that it's delivered as a spoken line
And delivered with filthy intent. Music masks lyrics to a certain extent but this is right out there to be heard.

Filthy. I loves it I do.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/07/15 8:02pm

starkitty

it's sister, obviously.

and can you minimize that picture? it's throwing the whole page off.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/07/15 9:28pm

masaba

Yeah...I'm not saying this just to be nasty, I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth...

That's crazy. Erotic City is crazy though. Near the end of the song he ad-libs

"Go on and dance while you still have your cherry, baby"

That's out of control lol.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/08/15 1:26am

NorthC

thedance said:

^ No I don't understand that NorthC. eek eek

Come.
Gett Off.
Sexy Motherfucker.

I looove those deeply, all 3 are classic Prince.. imho.... worship heart


Gett Off & Sexy MF always felt like Prince was trying to live up to his own image: "let me sing about sex because that's what people expect from me". The original version of Come is great but the album version with a whole lotta lickin' goin' on... I can't take that seriously. That's why I called it a parody. Having said all of that, this does NOT mean you can't enjoy those tunes. I especially love the full band sound of Sexy MF.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/08/15 1:45am

dodger

starkitty said:

it's sister, obviously.

and can you minimize that picture? it's throwing the whole page off.


Sister is so wrong it's on a different stratosphere
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/08/15 2:46am

TraSoul82

thedance said:

^ No I don't understand that NorthC. eek eek

Come.
Gett Off.
Sexy Motherfucker.

I looove those deeply, all 3 are classic Prince.. imho.... worship heart



I never really noticed anything truly filthy about Sexy MF outside of the outlandish hook. Then I looked up the lyrics...


U seem perplexed I haven't taken u yet
Can't u see I'm harder than a man can get
I got wet dreams comin' out of my ears
I get hard if the wind blows your cologne near me
But I can take it, cuz I want the whole nine

This ain't about the body, it's about the mind


eek

I'm clearly missing something here...
[Edited 11/8/15 2:47am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/08/15 5:16am

emesem

Tick Tick Bang

Head

[Edited 11/8/15 5:17am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/08/15 5:37am

dodger

IstenSzek said:

recently i've been really smiling a lot about how filthy that


something about a little box with a mirror and a tongue inside,


what she told me then got me so hot i knew that we could slide...


that's pretty darn filthy. there's something about him admitting


to it getting him so hot that makes it extra dirty falloff

and does he actually say 'hot' or is that just in the lyrics booklet
and is he really saing "hard" smile



You been looking at KCool's profile again wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/08/15 5:40am

IstenSzek

avatar

dodger said:

IstenSzek said:

recently i've been really smiling a lot about how filthy that


something about a little box with a mirror and a tongue inside,

what she told me then got me so hot i knew that we could slide...


that's pretty darn filthy. there's something about him admitting

to it getting him so hot that makes it extra dirty falloff

and does he actually say 'hot' or is that just in the lyrics booklet
and is he really saing "hard" smile

You been looking at KCool's profile again wink

that's what made me listen to gett off falloff

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/08/15 5:55am

iZsaZsa

avatar

emesem said:

Tick Tick Bang

So, baby, don't spit me out....I mean, come on. Winner. lol
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/08/15 5:57am

iZsaZsa

avatar

IstenSzek said:



dodger said:


IstenSzek said:

recently i've been really smiling a lot about how filthy that


something about a little box with a mirror and a tongue inside,


what she told me then got me so hot i knew that we could slide...


that's pretty darn filthy. there's something about him admitting


to it getting him so hot that makes it extra dirty falloff

and does he actually say 'hot' or is that just in the lyrics booklet
and is he really saing "hard" smile



You been looking at KCool's profile again wink


that's what made me listen to gett off falloff


lol
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/08/15 8:53pm

imprimis

Head - Dirty Mind
Sister - Dirty Mind
Get It Up - The Time
The Stick - The Time
Tick Tick Bang - P's 1981 outtake
Do Me Baby - Controversy
Jack U Off - Controversy
Let’s Pretend We’re Married - 1999
Lady Cab Driver - 1999
Extralovable - Outtake
We Can F*ck - Outtake/GB
Vibrator - Outtake
G-Spot - Outtake
Sugar Walls - A Private Heaven / Sheena Easton
Sex Shooter - V6 Outtake / A6
Chocolate - P's Outtake
If The Kid Can’t Make You Come
Darling Nikki - Purple Rain
Erotic City - B-Side
Temptation (Monologue) - ATWIAD
Girl - B-Side
It - SOTT
If I Was Your Girlfriend (Closing Monologue) - SOTT
Rock Hard In A Funky Place - TBA
Le Grind - TBA
Dopamine Rush - Outtake / Madhouse '24'
Scarlet Pussy - B-Side
Scandalous - Batman
I Love U In Me - B-Side
Gett Off - D&P
Come - Outtake Mixes/Come Album
Orgasm - Come
Days of Wild - Outtake Mixes
18 & Over - Outtake
Hide the Bone - Outtake
P Control - TGE/Outtake Mixes
Ripopgodazippa - Outtake
.
Honorable Mentions: Dirty Mind, Gotta Stop (Messing About), Private Joy, Nasty Girl, Lust U Always (1982 version), Automatic (BDSM themed wailing and dialogue), Too Sexy (Not his, but a good imitator appearing as a B-Side), Feline, Tambourine, Player's Ball (If it is true that P/Brownmark/Terry/David Z played on more than is currently credited), Love or $, Feel U Up, Bob George, God Is Alive, Me Touch Myself, Jerk Out, Cream, Pope; Little Red Corvette and Delirious for not entirely subtle metaphor; Wet Dream; International Lover, Insatiable (though highly contrived)
.

[Edited 11/9/15 7:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/08/15 9:44pm

bombpop

avatar

I really think the words to Lust U Always are incredibly filthy...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/09/15 1:02pm

emesem

Damn. This is a hellahot playlist. Going to make it RITE NAO.

imprimis said:

Head - Dirty Mind
Sister - Dirty Mind
Get It Up - The Time
The Stick - The Time
Tick Tick Bang - P's 1981 outtake
Do Me Baby - Controversy
Jack U Off - Controversy
Let’s Pretend We’re Married - 1999
Lady Cab Driver - 1999
Extralovable - Outtake
We Can F*ck - Outtake/GB
Vibrator - Outtake
G-Spot - Outtake
Sugar Walls - A Private Heaven / Sheena Easton
Sex Shooter - V6 Outtake / A6
Chocolate - P's Outtake
If The Kid Can’t Make You Come
Darling Nikki - Purple Rain
Erotic City - B-Side
Temptation (Monologue) - ATWIAD
Girl - B-Side
It - SOTT
If I Was Your Girlfriend (Closing Monologue) - SOTT
Rock Hard In A Funky Place - TBA
Le Grind - TBA
Dopamine Rush - Outtake / Madhouse '24'
Scarlet Pussy - B-Side
Scandalous - Batman
I Love U In Me - B-Side
Gett Off - D&P
Come - Outtake Mixes/Come Album
Orgasm - Come
Days of Wild - Outtake Mixes
18 & Over - Outtake
Hide the Bone - Outtake
P Control - TGE/Outtake Mixes
Ripopgodazippa - Outtake
.
Honorable Mentions: Dirty Mind, Gotta Stop (Messing About), Private Joy, Nasty Girl, Lust U Always (1982 version), Automatic (BDSM themed wailing and dialogue), Too Sexy (Not his, but a good imitator appearing as a B-Side), Feline, Tambourine, Player's Ball (If it is true that P/Brownmark/Terry/David Z played on more than is currently credited), Love or $, Feel U Up, Bob George, God Is Alive, Me Touch Myself, Jerk Out, Cream, Pope; Little Red Corvette and Delirious for not entirely subtle metaphor; Wet Dream; International Lover, Insatiable (though highly contrived)
.

[Edited 11/9/15 7:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/09/15 1:05pm

Guitarhero

imprimis said:

Head - Dirty Mind
Sister - Dirty Mind
Get It Up - The Time
The Stick - The Time
Tick Tick Bang - P's 1981 outtake
Do Me Baby - Controversy
Jack U Off - Controversy
Let’s Pretend We’re Married - 1999
Lady Cab Driver - 1999
Extralovable - Outtake
We Can F*ck - Outtake/GB
Vibrator - Outtake
G-Spot - Outtake
Sugar Walls - A Private Heaven / Sheena Easton
Sex Shooter - V6 Outtake / A6
Chocolate - P's Outtake
If The Kid Can’t Make You Come
Darling Nikki - Purple Rain
Erotic City - B-Side
Temptation (Monologue) - ATWIAD
Girl - B-Side
It - SOTT
If I Was Your Girlfriend (Closing Monologue) - SOTT
Rock Hard In A Funky Place - TBA
Le Grind - TBA
Dopamine Rush - Outtake / Madhouse '24'
Scarlet Pussy - B-Side
Scandalous - Batman
I Love U In Me - B-Side
Gett Off - D&P
Come - Outtake Mixes/Come Album
Orgasm - Come
Days of Wild - Outtake Mixes
18 & Over - Outtake
Hide the Bone - Outtake
P Control - TGE/Outtake Mixes
Ripopgodazippa - Outtake
.
Honorable Mentions: Dirty Mind, Gotta Stop (Messing About), Private Joy, Nasty Girl, Lust U Always (1982 version), Automatic (BDSM themed wailing and dialogue), Too Sexy (Not his, but a good imitator appearing as a B-Side), Feline, Tambourine, Player's Ball (If it is true that P/Brownmark/Terry/David Z played on more than is currently credited), Love or $, Feel U Up, Bob George, God Is Alive, Me Touch Myself, Jerk Out, Cream, Pope; Little Red Corvette and Delirious for not entirely subtle metaphor; Wet Dream; International Lover, Insatiable (though highly contrived)
.

[Edited 11/9/15 7:23am]

Cool playlist , hope my grandma likes it razz biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/09/15 6:13pm

PurpleSkipper5
8

Well, I've made my own "filthy Prince songs" playlist...
I call it, "The PheroMone"
1) Erotic City
2) Private Joy
3) Sister
4) Automatic
5) Pheromone
6) Head
7) I Love U In Me
8) Dirty Mind
9) Darling Nikki
10) Delirious
11) Jack U Off

Now, they may not be "the best". But just my personal favorites.
”The people that will end up defining ‘Hate Speech Laws’ are the very people you don’t want to define the Hate Speech Laws” — Jordan B Peterson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/09/15 7:53pm

motherfunka

avatar

lust said:

I can't really see past "Let's pretend we're married" in this regard. It's not just the extreme filth of the lyric "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth" but the fact that it's delivered as a spoken line And delivered with filthy intent. Music masks lyrics to a certain extent but this is right out there to be heard. Filthy. I loves it I do.

I'm with you. Can't get much nastier (in a good way) than that!!!

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/10/15 8:04am

chookalana

avatar

Sister. How much dirtier can it get than singing about banging your sister in detail?

Then again I'm not from Kentucky wink

"So strange that no one stayed at the end of the Parade..." - Wendy & Lisa's "Song About" on their 1987 self-titled album.
uzi RIAA
mac 'nuff said.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/10/15 11:57am

Cinny

avatar

imprimis said:

Head - Dirty Mind
Sister - Dirty Mind
Get It Up - The Time
The Stick - The Time
Tick Tick Bang - P's 1981 outtake
Do Me Baby - Controversy
Jack U Off - Controversy
Let’s Pretend We’re Married - 1999
Lady Cab Driver - 1999
Extralovable - Outtake
We Can F*ck - Outtake/GB
Vibrator - Outtake
G-Spot - Outtake
Sugar Walls - A Private Heaven / Sheena Easton
Sex Shooter - V6 Outtake / A6
Chocolate - P's Outtake
If The Kid Can’t Make You Come
Darling Nikki - Purple Rain
Erotic City - B-Side
Temptation (Monologue) - ATWIAD
Girl - B-Side
It - SOTT
If I Was Your Girlfriend (Closing Monologue) - SOTT
Rock Hard In A Funky Place - TBA
Le Grind - TBA
Dopamine Rush - Outtake / Madhouse '24'
Scarlet Pussy - B-Side
Scandalous - Batman
I Love U In Me - B-Side
Gett Off - D&P
Come - Outtake Mixes/Come Album
Orgasm - Come
Days of Wild - Outtake Mixes
18 & Over - Outtake
Hide the Bone - Outtake
P Control - TGE/Outtake Mixes
Ripopgodazippa - Outtake
.
Honorable Mentions: Dirty Mind, Gotta Stop (Messing About), Private Joy, Nasty Girl, Lust U Always (1982 version), Automatic (BDSM themed wailing and dialogue), Too Sexy (Not his, but a good imitator appearing as a B-Side), Feline, Tambourine, Player's Ball (If it is true that P/Brownmark/Terry/David Z played on more than is currently credited), Love or $, Feel U Up, Bob George, God Is Alive, Me Touch Myself, Jerk Out, Cream, Pope; Little Red Corvette and Delirious for not entirely subtle metaphor; Wet Dream; International Lover, Insatiable (though highly contrived)

All my faves lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What is the filthiest song that Prince has been involved with? or: How I learned to stop worrying and love "Sugar Walls"