independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Hidden Information? - Cryptic Messages?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/23/14 4:53pm

chriss

avatar

Hidden Information? - Cryptic Messages?

Hi Orgers!

I was going to google this, but I figured "why waste my time?"

when I can come here and ask YOU experts.

what CD's and/or records have hidden tracks of video, audio or text on them?

and how do you access them?

I always read about this stuff now and then,

but I don't know if I own any of these?

Please anyone with any info or a link

would be very much appreciated

thanks in advance......

...chriss...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/23/14 5:49pm

bonatoc

avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnm-u4Xq9ag

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/24/14 11:58am

databank

avatar

The Alphabet St. video has some kind of hidden messages.

.

There's a hard to understand funny conversation in Two that's near impossible to understand, see this article for a funny review: http://www.waxpoetics.com...eric-leeds

Quote: “Two,” for instance, is a mid-tempo number (no pun intended) that slowly builds up to a climactic keyboard solo at the end. But the entire song runs over a comical conversation you can never quite hear clearly. “My theory behind playing the saxophone is very easy,” someone says at the beginning. “Blow in one end.” Later on, the same joker questions, “Can I get sued for plagiarism? Everybody shut up and listen to me. Where’s the melody?” You have to strain to hear punch lines like, “That’s why I get paid by the note,” until the tune ends gently with the delayed tsss of a cymbal. What the hell were they talking about? We’ll never know.

.

Not sure if the backward "singing" on Shortberry Strawcake means something or is only mumbling, I don't think anyone's ever been able to find out.

.

With Darling Nikki mentioned above, I think that's pretty much it


A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/24/14 10:55pm

chriss

avatar

Thanks guys

but I'm still no better off informed today as I was when I posted this!!!

Go Figure........

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/25/14 3:38am

databank

avatar

chriss said:

Thanks guys

but I'm still no better off informed today as I was when I posted this!!!

Go Figure........

Huh?

Maybe you could reformulate your question then, because it's been pretty much answered as far as I can tell eek eek eek

Or do u mean hidden tracks as for example a file that can be read on a computer only on an audio CD? If so u won't find any of those on LP's falloff and as for CD's there was no hidden music but the Arms Of Orion single had a non-Prince related hidden video on it (only an experiment made by WB to test the format) and Rave also had links to the now derfunct websites on it when put into a computer and IIRC that's pretty much it all. There may have been one or two other CD's with computer stuff on 'em in the 2000's, I don't remember, but if so it was nothing of interest and certainly not music.

Apart from that I really can't figure out what in the world u could be talking about eek eek eek

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/25/14 2:51pm

chriss

avatar

databank said:

chriss said:

Thanks guys

but I'm still no better off informed today as I was when I posted this!!!

Go Figure........

Huh?

Maybe you could reformulate your question then, because it's been pretty much answered as far as I can tell eek eek eek

Or do u mean hidden tracks as for example a file that can be read on a computer only on an audio CD? If so u won't find any of those on LP's falloff and as for CD's there was no hidden music but the Arms Of Orion single had a non-Prince related hidden video on it (only an experiment made by WB to test the format) and Rave also had links to the now derfunct websites on it when put into a computer and IIRC that's pretty much it all. There may have been one or two other CD's with computer stuff on 'em in the 2000's, I don't remember, but if so it was nothing of interest and certainly not music.

Apart from that I really can't figure out what in the world u could be talking about eek eek eek

Yes, i am talking about hidden files on Audio CDs

but also other stuff

I heard somewhere, if you take the black album cover from the vinyl Lp

and tilt at a particular angle you can see some kind of message or something?

that's what I don't know?

plus other stuff like this on the printed sticker label

on vinyls........?

does that make sense?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/25/14 2:53pm

chriss

avatar

databank said:

The Alphabet St. video has some kind of hidden messages.

.

There's a hard to understand funny conversation in Two that's near impossible to understand, see this article for a funny review: http://www.waxpoetics.com...eric-leeds

Quote: “Two,” for instance, is a mid-tempo number (no pun intended) that slowly builds up to a climactic keyboard solo at the end. But the entire song runs over a comical conversation you can never quite hear clearly. “My theory behind playing the saxophone is very easy,” someone says at the beginning. “Blow in one end.” Later on, the same joker questions, “Can I get sued for plagiarism? Everybody shut up and listen to me. Where’s the melody?” You have to strain to hear punch lines like, “That’s why I get paid by the note,” until the tune ends gently with the delayed tsss of a cymbal. What the hell were they talking about? We’ll never know.

.

Not sure if the backward "singing" on Shortberry Strawcake means something or is only mumbling, I don't think anyone's ever been able to find out.

.

With Darling Nikki mentioned above, I think that's pretty much it


Do you mean "when 2 r in Love" on Lovesexy?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/25/14 2:58pm

bonatoc

avatar

The Gett Off maxi single seems to have Prince writing "Elliott" (bottom left) when you turn it uspide down.




Is he refering to the christian character in Spielberg's E.T. or the prophet Elijah, I don't know.

Or maybe I'm just seeing things. biggrin

Someone who tilts a black sleeve many times, he's gonna convince himself of something...

The Colors R brighter, the Bond is much tighter
No Child's a failure
Until the Blue Sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't Ever Lose, Don't Ever Lose
Don't Ever Lose Your Dreams
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/25/14 3:08pm

chriss

avatar

bonatoc said:

The Gett Off maxi single seems to have Prince writing "Elliott" (bottom left) when you turn it uspide down.




Is he refering to the christian character in Spielberg's E.T. or the prophet Elijah, I don't know.

Or maybe I'm just seeing things. biggrin

Someone who tilts a black sleeve many times, he's gonna convince himself of something...

Yeah, cool stuff like this..........where is elliott?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/25/14 3:09pm

chriss

avatar

I see 'get off" backwards

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/25/14 4:26pm

Noodled24

3121 added together is 7 ... then just make up any bollocks to get to the number 1999 and you're golden.

There is a backwards message in darling nikki - and on another song which escapes me.

Newpowersoul has "wasted kisses" as a hidden track.

The Interactive CD had "interactive" as a CD audio track

Boy Trouble has some masked dialog in the opening lines.

The booklet/lyric sheet for the prince album has several messages in the sexyMF font. IIRC "Don't buy the black album" "Prince's mothers first name is Matti" and a few others I forget.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/25/14 4:54pm

chriss

avatar

Noodled24 said:

3121 added together is 7 ... then just make up any bollocks to get to the number 1999 and you're golden.

There is a backwards message in darling nikki - and on another song which escapes me.

Newpowersoul has "wasted kisses" as a hidden track.

The Interactive CD had "interactive" as a CD audio track

Boy Trouble has some masked dialog in the opening lines.

The booklet/lyric sheet for the prince album has several messages in the sexyMF font. IIRC "Don't buy the black album" "Prince's mothers first name is Matti" and a few others I forget.

IIRC is what? it ecapes me at the moment?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Hidden Information? - Cryptic Messages?