independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th May 2019 4:52pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3rdeyegirl twitter tells funkberry Prince & NPG Official ablum coming, then retweeted by PurpleEssence
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 10/20/14 1:22pm

MoBettaBliss

it's because i said AOA isn't funky... he wants me to be happy, so he's going to release some funk for me

it's quite touching really touched

love ya prince!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 10/20/14 1:22pm

Noodled24

I dont think there are any details of Princes current workings with Warner? However I think it's highly unlikely they're going to want another Prince album. Even if they were just handling manufacture, distribution and promo - Prince still has to sell a minimum number of albums for them to break even. He is by no means a reliable profit earner. Personally I think AOA and PlectrumElectrum are great albums. I'm happy with them. But the sales are nothing to write home about. SNL might help, a tour undoubtably would. He's thus far done the bare minimum in terms of his side of the promo (as usual). The hardest working man in showbusiness... when he feels like it.

Is kobalt an option for an NPG album? Does the deal still stand on top of the WB deal? Is he in a place where he's now just going to put out 2/3/4 albums a year? Scatterbomb with "singles" and hope they get picked up? If they do ride it and if not - on to the next album?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 10/20/14 1:23pm

fnksoul

Marco81 said:

I think you're confusing the 3rdEyeGirl account with Dr. Funkenberry's. it has indeed been retweeted by Purplessence though. https://twitter.com/baron...8623959040 OperatingThetan said:

It was definitely there this morning and it's on the Purplessence twitter account (which has been verified) now. If it has been deleted you might find some remnants of the conversation on Baron's twitter as he was involved in the discussion along with Jester (I think). It was tweeted as confirmed by 3RDEYEGIRL though.

[Edited 10/20/14 12:04pm]



Purple essenece is about as official as anyone here saying it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 10/20/14 1:24pm

leadline

avatar

PurpleEssence is Prince, 3rdeyegirl has pretty much taken the reigns over there. The brotha doesn't need a check mark, he knows who he is.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 10/20/14 1:26pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

If they stated there will be an album a week, I say bring it on. I can choose not to listen to them, or better still, pick through the bones.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 10/20/14 1:27pm

KingSausage

avatar

I hope it's that NPGQ album. My CPAP machine hasn't been working well lately.
"Drop that stereo before I blow your Goddamn nuts off, asshole!"
-Eugene Tackleberry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 10/20/14 1:27pm

Noodled24

fnksoul said:

Marco81 said:

I think you're confusing the 3rdEyeGirl account with Dr. Funkenberry's. it has indeed been retweeted by Purplessence though. https://twitter.com/baron...8623959040 OperatingThetan said: [Edited 10/20/14 12:04pm]



Purple essenece is about as official as anyone here saying it

Really? It seems to be pretty legit, I don't think it's Prince but the account seems to have some inside info and the 3rdeyegirl account includes their name in a lot of it's tweets.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 10/20/14 1:35pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:

If they stated there will be an album a week, I say bring it on. I can choose not to listen to them, or better still, pick through the bones.

My thoughts exactly. If additional albums designed primarily for hardcore fans were released on a regular basis I'd buy them all regardless. The first year of the NPG Music Club had quite considerable monthly content and there were definitely gems to be had. 'When Eye Lay My Hands On U' is just one example.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 10/20/14 1:36pm

fnksoul

Noodled24 said:

fnksoul said:



Purple essenece is about as official as anyone here saying it

Really? It seems to be pretty legit, I don't think it's Prince but the account seems to have some inside info and the 3rdeyegirl account includes their name in a lot of it's tweets.



Its not told anyone anything we already didnt know from 3EG, or from Dr Funkenberry, its not been endorsed by 3EG twitter account either, its just an account that appeared around the time he played Essence, seems more likely to be one of Dr Funkenberry's friends or something.

Prince wouldnt want a reference to a festival or what ever it was in his Official twitter handle

[Edited 10/20/14 13:37pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 10/20/14 1:54pm

luv2tha99s

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

OperatingThetan said:

What Prince is trying to do in my opinion, with the recent albums, is to deliver something tight and cohesive that works as a sequential listening experience. He's been accused previously, of including too much filler in his albums, particularly funk jams, etc. and not editing enough. AOA is an incredibly strong and potent journey that I wouldn't want to see diluted for the sake of 'bonus' tracks and padding. I'd quite happily take those songs on some kind of compilation designed for 'fans' though. Same goes for extended versions, jams and other experiments (such as 'Midnight Blues' on 3RDEYETV for example).

.

The core problem is crappy songs, and that hasn't been solved. Sure, AOA seems to have been compiled with some thought in mind, more than previous records, but it doesn't change the fact the songs aren't good.

Granted, there are a few songs on AOA that are a bit weaker than the others, but the general consensus(at least here) is that this is his strongest work in a while. Even if you don't like ANY of the tracks on PE and AOA, you have to admit his work on these discs sounds relaxed and unforced. Something that cannot be said about the majority of his released work post ONA era. What is "fact" is that you come on here trying to stir up hatred and posit yourself as this meta-critic when you don't even understand the difference between "fact" and opinion. If you weren't so one-note with your criticisms, and provided good examples of why said songs are "crappy", peeps MIGHT take you more seriously and it would make the debates here more substantial.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 10/20/14 1:59pm

Noodled24

fnksoul said:

Noodled24 said:

Really? It seems to be pretty legit, I don't think it's Prince but the account seems to have some inside info and the 3rdeyegirl account includes their name in a lot of it's tweets.



Its not told anyone anything we already didnt know from 3EG, or from Dr Funkenberry, its not been endorsed by 3EG twitter account either, its just an account that appeared around the time he played Essence, seems more likely to be one of Dr Funkenberry's friends or something.

Prince wouldnt want a reference to a festival or what ever it was in his Official twitter handle

[Edited 10/20/14 13:37pm]

I'm not saying it's Prince. But a lot of people who were at Paisley for the recent mini-concert are including Purplessence in their tweets. It seems to be semi-legit. They certainly seen to be in the loop. I was under the impression it was the same girl who hosted the Yahoo thing who was running the account but can't be completely sure.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 10/20/14 2:09pm

fnksoul

Noodled24 said:

fnksoul said:



Its not told anyone anything we already didnt know from 3EG, or from Dr Funkenberry, its not been endorsed by 3EG twitter account either, its just an account that appeared around the time he played Essence, seems more likely to be one of Dr Funkenberry's friends or something.

Prince wouldnt want a reference to a festival or what ever it was in his Official twitter handle

[Edited 10/20/14 13:37pm]

I'm not saying it's Prince. But a lot of people who were at Paisley for the recent mini-concert are including Purplessence in their tweets. It seems to be semi-legit. They certainly seen to be in the loop. I was under the impression it was the same girl who hosted the Yahoo thing who was running the account but can't be completely sure.



Because the account has people thinking its official, hence people tweeting it, It pretty much announced tour dates would be announced last week then.... nothing, honestly the tweets are all losely based on things that may happen or info already out there, for example the below.... Kinda like a fake physic saying sometime in the future someone will die but not giving any other info. lol

EVERYONE BEST HAVE THEIR BABYSITTERS LINED UP FOR THE FUTURE...



After a release from WB saying Tour info coming, they pretty much made out that the announcement last week would be a tour and proved knew nothing.


Im just taking it with a pinch of salt, when it announces something exclusive then I'll believe its to do with him. smile

Like I say, if it was to do with Prince's camp it would have a reference to a festival in its name, P wouldnt want that.

[Edited 10/20/14 14:12pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 10/20/14 2:21pm

Noodled24

^ Oh yeh of course. Like I said - I'm not saying it's Prince.

During the Yahoo thing, one of the first things Maya (the host) said was "OK, name your favorite songs from AOA, GO!) - Which was what the @PE account had been tweeting all day. Which made me think it could be her running the account.

I think at one point there was a tweet from 3rdeyegirl asking people to tweet purplessence ideas for merchandise. If it is Maya running that account then it could explain why their information is running dry.

It sounds like some fans may have met whoever is running the @PE account anyway.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 10/20/14 2:36pm

ludwig

luv2tha99s said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

The core problem is crappy songs, and that hasn't been solved. Sure, AOA seems to have been compiled with some thought in mind, more than previous records, but it doesn't change the fact the songs aren't good.

Granted, there are a few songs on AOA that are a bit weaker than the others, but the general consensus(at least here) is that this is his strongest work in a while.

No, there are people who hate that crappy album. I am one of them. The fanatics just praise the crap more often than I and others like me feel the need to tell everyone how hard this album sucks. It's the worst album of his entire career.

I listen to a few songs of the PE album every day, it's a nice album, but i don't plan to listen to AOA ever again.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 10/20/14 2:40pm

XNY

avatar

The more the merrier IMO.

I can decide what's too much - or just right - as a fan of his music.

I especially like that he's attempting to release 3 separate albums instead of

one 3-disc album.(I liked Emancipation but it was a bit too much to absorb even for a longtime fan).

Go Prince!!

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion" -- Martha Graham
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 10/20/14 2:42pm

Aerogram

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

OperatingThetan said:

What Prince is trying to do in my opinion, with the recent albums, is to deliver something tight and cohesive that works as a sequential listening experience. He's been accused previously, of including too much filler in his albums, particularly funk jams, etc. and not editing enough. AOA is an incredibly strong and potent journey that I wouldn't want to see diluted for the sake of 'bonus' tracks and padding. I'd quite happily take those songs on some kind of compilation designed for 'fans' though. Same goes for extended versions, jams and other experiments (such as 'Midnight Blues' on 3RDEYETV for example).

.

The core problem is crappy songs, and that hasn't been solved. Sure, AOA seems to have been compiled with some thought in mind, more than previous records, but it doesn't change the fact the songs aren't good.

The only fact here is that you haven't liked a song of his in almost two decades. Also, while AOA didn't garner universal praise, it did get Prince some of his best reviews both from fans and critics.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 10/20/14 2:46pm

electricberet

avatar

fnksoul said:

Noodled24 said:

I'm not saying it's Prince. But a lot of people who were at Paisley for the recent mini-concert are including Purplessence in their tweets. It seems to be semi-legit. They certainly seen to be in the loop. I was under the impression it was the same girl who hosted the Yahoo thing who was running the account but can't be completely sure.



Because the account has people thinking its official, hence people tweeting it, It pretty much announced tour dates would be announced last week then.... nothing, honestly the tweets are all losely based on things that may happen or info already out there, for example the below.... Kinda like a fake physic saying sometime in the future someone will die but not giving any other info. lol

EVERYONE BEST HAVE THEIR BABYSITTERS LINED UP FOR THE FUTURE...



After a release from WB saying Tour info coming, they pretty much made out that the announcement last week would be a tour and proved knew nothing.


Im just taking it with a pinch of salt, when it announces something exclusive then I'll believe its to do with him. smile

Like I say, if it was to do with Prince's camp it would have a reference to a festival in its name, P wouldnt want that.

[Edited 10/20/14 14:12pm]

.

I think you hit the nail on the head. On Saturday, we got this tweet:

.

U don't want 2 B late tonight! | DOORS AT MIDNIGHT | $30 COVER

.
I went to that event. It was just a dance party, with no performance. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot, but anyone who showed up late wouldn't have missed anything.

The Census Bureau estimates that there are 2,518 American Indians and Alaska Natives currently living in the city of Long Beach.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 10/20/14 2:51pm

Aerogram

avatar

And sure, I'll have a third album -- kind of reminds me of the days with The Time, Appolonia 6, Sheila E, with the overabundance of records, some songs were not that good but today it's almost blasphemy not to find some charm in every single song they recorded.

[Edited 10/20/14 15:52pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 10/20/14 2:59pm

aiden

avatar

Bring it!! I'm hungry for 2014 purple pie, slice 3 and 4... Fill me up wink
"Still Crazy 4 Coco Rock"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 10/20/14 3:02pm

motherfunka

electricberet said:

fnksoul said:



Because the account has people thinking its official, hence people tweeting it, It pretty much announced tour dates would be announced last week then.... nothing, honestly the tweets are all losely based on things that may happen or info already out there, for example the below.... Kinda like a fake physic saying sometime in the future someone will die but not giving any other info. lol

EVERYONE BEST HAVE THEIR BABYSITTERS LINED UP FOR THE FUTURE...



After a release from WB saying Tour info coming, they pretty much made out that the announcement last week would be a tour and proved knew nothing.


Im just taking it with a pinch of salt, when it announces something exclusive then I'll believe its to do with him. smile

Like I say, if it was to do with Prince's camp it would have a reference to a festival in its name, P wouldnt want that.

[Edited 10/20/14 14:12pm]

.

I think you hit the nail on the head. On Saturday, we got this tweet:

.

U don't want 2 B late tonight! | DOORS AT MIDNIGHT | $30 COVER

.
I went to that event. It was just a dance party, with no performance. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot, but anyone who showed up late wouldn't have missed anything.

yeahthat

purplessence seems to get all their info from 3rdeyegirl tweets, with a lot of hype added to them. maybe that is their job. seems like 3rdeyegirl cut out the middle man in drfunkenberry. he just retweets everything they do.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 10/20/14 3:18pm

Graycap23

avatar

databank said:

love2thenines2003 said:

2 Much releases 2 come.....Much Confusion.....there will be no place for PR DELUXE?

I find it quite absurd for a fan to complain about their favorite artist releasing TOO MUCH music, only here such absurdities happen rolleyes

There will be enough place for PR Deluxe on YOUR shelves, won't there? So what then?

100% agree. It pure nonsense.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 10/20/14 4:11pm

stillwaiting

Romeoblu said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

The core problem is crappy songs, and that hasn't been solved. Sure, AOA seems to have been compiled with some thought in mind, more than previous records, but it doesn't change the fact the songs aren't good.

How is it fact that the songs aren't very good. What is a fact is the majority of people who posted about it on the org enjoy the album. Just admit it. It isn't fact how can it be fact. Provide me with the evidence where it has been universally agreed any song ever written isn't any good.

It's a fact that Bart Van Halen hates all new Prince songs, and I feel sorry for him about that. I'm not that big on these new albums, but there's some nice stuff there. It is annoying as crap to hear the dumb voice telling Mr Nelson that he wasn't really born, or that his shoes were lost at McDonald's. I have always hated interludes...just one look at my signature shows my disdain for them. But talking over songs? Man, I hate it...

However, there's some fine moments among the new albums...and it's a shame that Bart can only hate every single moment of any new Prince release. I would've left the fanbase if I felt that way.

"If U ever lose some1 dear 2 U, Never say the words they're gone....They'll come back."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 10/20/14 4:20pm

funksterr

Aerogram said:

And sure, I'll have a third album -- kind of reminds me of the days with The Time, Appolonia 6, Sheila E, with the overabundance of records, some songs were not that good but today it's almost blasphemy not to find some charm in every single song they recorded.

[Edited 10/20/14 15:52pm]

Nah... those albums were driven by hits. This is just a guy padding his stats.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 10/20/14 4:51pm

NDRU

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

OperatingThetan said:

What Prince is trying to do in my opinion, with the recent albums, is to deliver something tight and cohesive that works as a sequential listening experience. He's been accused previously, of including too much filler in his albums, particularly funk jams, etc. and not editing enough. AOA is an incredibly strong and potent journey that I wouldn't want to see diluted for the sake of 'bonus' tracks and padding. I'd quite happily take those songs on some kind of compilation designed for 'fans' though. Same goes for extended versions, jams and other experiments (such as 'Midnight Blues' on 3RDEYETV for example).

.

The core problem is crappy songs, and that hasn't been solved. Sure, AOA seems to have been compiled with some thought in mind, more than previous records, but it doesn't change the fact the songs aren't good.

wow, that is the equivalent of a rave review!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 10/20/14 5:02pm

Stymie

motherfunka said:



electricberet said:




fnksoul said:





Because the account has people thinking its official, hence people tweeting it, It pretty much announced tour dates would be announced last week then.... nothing, honestly the tweets are all losely based on things that may happen or info already out there, for example the below.... Kinda like a fake physic saying sometime in the future someone will die but not giving any other info. lol




EVERYONE BEST HAVE THEIR BABYSITTERS LINED UP FOR THE FUTURE...





After a release from WB saying Tour info coming, they pretty much made out that the announcement last week would be a tour and proved knew nothing.



Im just taking it with a pinch of salt, when it announces something exclusive then I'll believe its to do with him. smile

Like I say, if it was to do with Prince's camp it would have a reference to a festival in its name, P wouldnt want that.



[Edited 10/20/14 14:12pm]



.


I think you hit the nail on the head. On Saturday, we got this tweet:


.




U don't want 2 B late tonight! | DOORS AT MIDNIGHT | $30 COVER



.

I went to that event. It was just a dance party, with no performance. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot, but anyone who showed up late wouldn't have missed anything.




yeahthat



purplessence seems to get all their info from 3rdeyegirl tweets, with a lot of hype added to them. maybe that is their job. seems like 3rdeyegirl cut out the middle man in drfunkenberry. he just retweets everything they do.

i unfollowed purplessence because I got tired of the teasing posts that turned out to be bullshit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 10/20/14 5:09pm

1725topp

Great!--I would much prefer a new Prince & NPG Official album than PR Deluxe.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 10/20/14 5:17pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

...waiting...pc

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 10/20/14 6:09pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

databank said:

love2thenines2003 said:

2 Much releases 2 come.....Much Confusion.....there will be no place for PR DELUXE?

I find it quite absurd for a fan to complain about their favorite artist releasing TOO MUCH music, only here such absurdities happen rolleyes

There will be enough place for PR Deluxe on YOUR shelves, won't there? So what then?


yeahthat

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 10/20/14 6:25pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

leadline said:

The Excess Space - perhaps


Aw, yeah.... Gotta have THAT one!!
music
Still want Welcome 2 America, too... guess that one is too old now?

sigh

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 10/20/14 6:33pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

fnksoul said:


Prince wouldnt want a reference to a festival or what ever it was in his Official twitter handle



Nor would he use the word "purple"...

Might be official, but it isn't Prince.

wink

[Edited 10/20/14 18:34pm]

"I've made up my mind. Don't try to confuse me with the facts." - Harry J. Anslinger
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 3rdeyegirl twitter tells funkberry Prince & NPG Official ablum coming, then retweeted by PurpleEssence