independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 28th Feb 2020 12:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Another Lonely Christmas
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/17/13 7:30am

Genesia

avatar

Another Lonely Christmas

So I'm driving to work this morning, listening to Holiday Soul on XM and I thought, "I sure wish they'd play Another Lonely Christmas" and BAM! it came up on the very next song. Cool to hear it on the radio, but sandwiched in between all the other holly jolly Christmas music, it's a bit of a downer. lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/17/13 10:00am

Tempest

IMO, the holly jolly is a downer too. So tired of the holiday music. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/17/13 10:46am

billymeade

avatar

It is a downer, but they play "Last Christmas" every third song, so why isn't this in rotation?? I guess it's relatively obscure, while Wham's song is on every christmas collection.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/17/13 11:05am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

It's a 'Christmas' song but not a "Christmas Song'

It's like a movie that is set during the Christmas holiday, or a period of it, but not officially a Christmas story

It's easily as song that can be played anytime.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/17/13 12:51pm

controversy99

avatar

Great example of fictional storytelling through music.

Raspberry Beret, Joy in Repetition, and Cherry Cherry (yes, I know most people dislike it) are other good ones from Prince.
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/17/13 12:58pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

controversy99 said:

Great example of fictional storytelling through music. Raspberry Beret, Joy in Repetition, and Cherry Cherry (yes, I know most people dislike it) are other good ones from Prince.

Ballad of Dorothy Parker, Darling Nikki, Uptown (might be partial truth), Uptown, definately great storytelling thru song

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/17/13 2:08pm

controversy99

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:



controversy99 said:


Great example of fictional storytelling through music. Raspberry Beret, Joy in Repetition, and Cherry Cherry (yes, I know most people dislike it) are other good ones from Prince.

Ballad of Dorothy Parker, Darling Nikki, Uptown (might be partial truth), Uptown, definately great storytelling thru song


Good ones. Sounds like we need a new thread. smile
"Love & honesty, peace & harmony"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/17/13 4:30pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Genesia said:

So I'm driving to work this morning, listening to Holiday Soul on XM and I thought, "I sure wish they'd play Another Lonely Christmas" and BAM! it came up on the very next song. Cool to hear it on the radio, but sandwiched in between all the other holly jolly Christmas music, it's a bit of a downer. lol

That is cool! thumbs up! Now will you please think, "I sure wish HatrinaHaterwitz hits tonight's Mega Millions Jackpot." Thanks! lol

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/17/13 4:54pm

SmiggyG

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Genesia said:

So I'm driving to work this morning, listening to Holiday Soul on XM and I thought, "I sure wish they'd play Another Lonely Christmas" and BAM! it came up on the very next song. Cool to hear it on the radio, but sandwiched in between all the other holly jolly Christmas music, it's a bit of a downer. lol

That is cool! thumbs up! Now will you please think, "I sure wish HatrinaHaterwitz hits tonight's Mega Millions Jackpot." Thanks! lol

LOL! I I just heard it yesterday on station 50 SiriusXM.

Sorry HH I bought the winning ticket. razz

"Hey, I got the butta 4 ya muffin, honey.. I'm just 2 old 2 hold the knife!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/17/13 5:17pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

SmiggyG said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

That is cool! thumbs up! Now will you please think, "I sure wish HatrinaHaterwitz hits tonight's Mega Millions Jackpot." Thanks! lol

LOL! I I just heard it yesterday on station 50 SiriusXM.

Sorry HH I bought the winning ticket. razz

No need to be sorry. That makes two of us! highfive

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/17/13 6:28pm

lrn36

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

It's a 'Christmas' song but not a "Christmas Song'

It's like a movie that is set during the Christmas holiday, or a period of it, but not officially a Christmas story

It's easily as song that can be played anytime.

Eyes Wide Shut is the movie version of Another Lonely Christmas.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/18/13 8:28am

Genesia

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Genesia said:

So I'm driving to work this morning, listening to Holiday Soul on XM and I thought, "I sure wish they'd play Another Lonely Christmas" and BAM! it came up on the very next song. Cool to hear it on the radio, but sandwiched in between all the other holly jolly Christmas music, it's a bit of a downer. lol

That is cool! thumbs up! Now will you please think, "I sure wish HatrinaHaterwitz hits tonight's Mega Millions Jackpot." Thanks! lol


lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/18/13 8:29am

Genesia

avatar

lrn36 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

It's a 'Christmas' song but not a "Christmas Song'

It's like a movie that is set during the Christmas holiday, or a period of it, but not officially a Christmas story

It's easily as song that can be played anytime.

Eyes Wide Shut is the movie version of Another Lonely Christmas.


Put the pipe down before you post.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/18/13 8:56am

clubon36

avatar

It's a beautiful song. <3The holidays can be very depressing for a lot of people.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/19/13 6:00pm

nursev

one of my fav Xmas songs.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/19/13 6:57pm

nursev

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/20/13 1:47pm

raddahone

avatar

nursev said:



Always wanted to be the one taking this still. Beautiful photo. Haven't gotten an insight in2 ALC and what it relates to. There might be something in the thought that we all have two birthdays - when we are born and when we 'die'. What a great time to have been around during the Purple Rain days.
~honey is b-ing 1 with the 1~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Another Lonely Christmas