independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince compilation for a gay friend
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 07/15/09 8:46pm

ultrablue

Gohi said:

Gays don't hear music the way we do so you needed to make a thread like this.

(kidding of course)

Yes I agree. They can hear different frequencies like dogs and asthmatics can which is why they like Kylie and James Blunt. I'm not gay so before my friend told me I thought James Blunt made instrumentals.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 07/15/09 9:32pm

ultrablue

I don't like Daddy Pop. I really don't like it but I think it should be on my CD? And some more songs from Diamonds ANd Pearls.
Reply #32 posted 07/15/09 9:44pm

funkylust

There is as much diversity within the gay community as within the straight community. I think its ridiculous to assume there is a type of music they gays perfer. Stereotypical!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The feeling you get when...

(you squeeze your balls?) no that's not it...
Reply #33 posted 07/15/09 9:48pm

ScrotoplasmicS
permisol

Very good thread.

There are a lot of gay Prince fans. In fact, I would venture to say at least 99% of the male Prince fans are gay. About 85% of the female fans are either promiscuous or very religious or both.

So the stuff that probably works the best for gays is probably going to be something you'd imagine Britney, Madonna or Kylie doing?

I would't add things that are down beat like Joy In Repetition. Who the hell wants to do poppers and then contemplate depressing things like the longing for love and self-fulfilment. Leave that to fat, straight people in unhappy marriages.
Reply #34 posted 07/15/09 9:49pm

squirrelgrease

Face Down?
If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
Reply #35 posted 07/15/09 9:51pm

HonestMan13

squirrelgrease said:

Face Down?

That's horrible!!!
no no no!
When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
Reply #36 posted 07/15/09 9:53pm

errant

HonestMan13 said:

squirrelgrease said:

Face Down?

That's horrible!!!
no no no!

NYC cassette version headbang ky boff
"does my cock look fat in these jeans?"
Reply #37 posted 07/15/09 9:57pm

Imago

Really important thread!

One thing the ghey absolutely do NOT like is a strong, male, voice that dominates them. This is really strange cause most of them want an uncle to bend them over his knee and spank them silly.

But, the ghey are much more fond of strong, female voices. "I will survive" is a tune that resonates with the ghey community much more so than "A Country boy will survive" not because one song is better than the other song--but because gheys like strong females and weak males.

Lukily, Prince's music is so fem and ghey that there isn't anything in his arsenal of music that even comes close to sounding like it's bursting with testosterone, except maybe "Peach" and "My Name is Prince" which go the Tom Cruise Route of sexuality.

To make the ghey completely happy with music, especially the ghey like myself, you need to keep the music, simple, light-hearted, and lacking absolutely any emotional resonance unless it sounds forced, contrived, and deliberately designed for drag queens to over-dramatically lip sync on stage. Therefore, I recommend anything he's released in the last 5 years.
Reply #38 posted 07/15/09 9:58pm

ultrablue

ScrotoplasmicSpermisol said:

Very good thread.

There are a lot of gay Prince fans. In fact, I would venture to say at least 99% of the male Prince fans are gay. About 85% of the female fans are either promiscuous or very religious or both.

So the stuff that probably works the best for gays is probably going to be something you'd imagine Britney, Madonna or Kylie doing?

I would't add things that are down beat like Joy In Repetition. Who the hell wants to do poppers and then contemplate depressing things like the longing for love and self-fulfilment. Leave that to fat, straight people in unhappy marriages.

I'm not fat or unhappy but I do like Prince so I might be gay? I could be in the 1% because I just like the music and cutting edge merchandise.

What songs do you think will work best? Glam Slam has gay friendly synthesizer sounds and is up beat.
Reply #39 posted 07/15/09 9:58pm

HonestMan13

errant said:

HonestMan13 said:

That's horrible!!!
no no no!

NYC cassette version headbang ky boff

Why don't we just give him "Strap on Robbie Baby" by Vanity while were at it!

idea2
When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
Reply #40 posted 07/15/09 9:59pm

errant

Imago said:

Really important thread!

One thing the ghey absolutely do NOT like is a strong, male, voice that dominates them. This is really strange cause most of them want an uncle to bend them over his knee and spank them silly.

But, the ghey are much more fond of strong, female voices. "I will survive" is a tune that resonates with the ghey community much more so than "A Country boy will survive" not because one song is better than the other song--but because gheys like strong females and weak males.

Lukily, Prince's music is so fem and ghey that there isn't anything in his arsenal of music that even comes close to sounding like it's bursting with testosterone, except maybe "Peach" and "My Name is Prince" which go the Tom Cruise Route of sexuality.

To make the ghey completely happy with music, especially the ghey like myself, you need to keep the music, simple, light-hearted, and lacking absolutely any emotional resonance unless it sounds forced, contrived, and deliberately designed for drag queens to over-dramatically lip sync on stage. Therefore, I recommend anything he's released in the last 5 years.

brick
Reply #41 posted 07/15/09 10:02pm

ultrablue

Imago said:

Really important thread!

I'm confused and I don't think I understand all of this but you think Musicology, 3121, Planet Earth and Lotu5fl0w3r are gay albums? What is 'Get On The Boat' about??
Reply #42 posted 07/15/09 10:07pm

NebulasUnwashe
dNutWart

ultrablue said:

ScrotoplasmicSpermisol said:

Very good thread.

I'm not fat or unhappy but I do like Prince so I might be gay? I could be in the 1% because I just like the music and cutting edge merchandise.

What songs do you think will work best? Glam Slam has gay friendly synthesizer sounds and is up beat.

I think it's important to note that ghey's are very perceptive and pay much more attention to lyrical content than you'd imagine.

Take for example the song Pretty Man from Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic, the line: Maceo, can you blow. If that doesn't conjure up some gheyness in your mind, what does?

Look, it's no coincidence that some mother sued CBS because she thinks the Superbowl performance turned her son ghey. Prince is converting the masses to gheyness like he has always done. He's just doing it on the DL subliminally now.

I'd recommend you put "la La La means I love U" from Emancipation. There's a definite "submissive bottom" vibe to it.
Reply #43 posted 07/15/09 10:08pm

errant

ultrablue said:

Imago said:

Really important thread!

I'm confused and I don't think I understand all of this but you think Musicology, 3121, Planet Earth and Lotu5fl0w3r are gay albums? What is 'Get On The Boat' about??

Reply #44 posted 07/15/09 10:11pm

ultrablue

NebulasUnwashedNutWart said:

ultrablue said:

I think it's important to note that ghey's are very perceptive and pay much more attention to lyrical content than you'd imagine.

Take for example the song Pretty Man from Rave Un2 the Joy Fantastic, the line: Maceo, can you blow. If that doesn't conjure up some gheyness in your mind, what does?

Look, it's no coincidence that some mother sued CBS because she thinks the Superbowl performance turned her son ghey. Prince is converting the masses to gheyness like he has always done. He's just doing it on the DL subliminally now.

I'd recommend you put "la La La means I love U" from Emancipation. There's a definite "submissive bottom" vibe to it.

I feel like I didn't know anything about Prince before this. I'm going to find out what some of these words mean in wikipedia. smile Thanks for your help! cool
Reply #45 posted 07/15/09 10:13pm

Imago

ultrablue said:

Imago said:

Really important thread!

I don't think get on the boat is ghey. Ghey's normally associate boats with fishing and other things that require sportsmanship, which I admit, are like cryptonite to ghey men.

Unless boat is a metaphor for a pride float or something? Does he mention tinsel or balloons at all in that song?
Reply #46 posted 07/15/09 10:13pm

ultrablue

errant said:

ultrablue said:

Ok I can put the song on the CD. Thanks! cool
Reply #47 posted 07/15/09 10:17pm

ultrablue

Imago said:

ultrablue said:

I don't think get on the boat is ghey. Ghey's normally associate boats with fishing and other things that require sportsmanship, which I admit, are like cryptonite to ghey men.

Unless boat is a metaphor for a pride float or something? Does he mention tinsel or balloons at all in that song?

Ghey not gay?

So you don't think it's gay but the other guy did. Prince has nothing to do with buoys but does with boys? Just a little joke. My friend is gay.
Reply #48 posted 07/15/09 10:29pm

Imago

ultrablue said:

Imago said:

Ghey not gay?

So you don't think it's gay but the other guy did. Prince has nothing to do with buoys but does with boys? Just a little joke. My friend is gay.

I don't really know what you're asking me.
But I will say that if you're trying to impress your friend with Prince's music you don't need to worry about it.
I assume that you are straight and that he is ghey.

And I'll let you in on a secret. We gheys don't have any straight male friends. You embarrass us with the way you dress and all. So if he's a friend of yours, he's really holding out to have sex with you. And once he's had you, it's over.

Perhaps making him a music compilation will send the wrong signals to him. Gheys are always misreading signals from straight dudes.

It's complicated by the fact that you claim to be a straight, male, Prince fan.
The only straight ones are the black guys on here. But I think they're just more repressed about admitting how ghey they are too.

Being a Prince fan can be a very repressive, sexually confusing thing for everyone.
Reply #49 posted 07/15/09 10:30pm

ultrablue

Thanks for all the help Prince fans! This is going to be cool cool

I know it's not that professional looking.
Reply #50 posted 07/15/09 10:33pm

DrunkMistressy

WTF.

There can't be THAT many gheys here.
Some of you assholes must be alter-accounts.
Reply #51 posted 07/15/09 10:37pm

errant

Imago said:

ultrablue said:

Ghey not gay?

But I will say that if you're trying to impress your friend with Prince's music you don't need to worry about it.

And I'll let you in on a secret. We gheys don't have any straight male friends. You embarrass us with the way you dress and all. So if he's a friend of yours, he's really holding out to have sex with you. And once he's had you, it's over.

Perhaps making him a music compilation will send the wrong signals to him. Gheys are always misreading signals from straight dudes.

The only straight ones are the black guys on here. But I think they're just more repressed about admitting how ghey they are too.

Being a Prince fan can be a very repressive, sexually confusing thing for everyone.

where is Anx with that melting baby thing... disbelief
Reply #52 posted 07/15/09 10:43pm

ultrablue

Imago said:

ultrablue said:

Ghey not gay?

I think I dress well. My friend actually helps me try new styles that he knows about before we go out. He doesn't only like gay music. He likes 50 Cent too.
Reply #53 posted 07/15/09 10:50pm

Imago

ultrablue said:

Imago said:

I think I dress well. My friend actually helps me try new styles that he knows about before we go out. He doesn't only like gay music. He likes 50 Cent too.

50cent is ok with gheys because, as was mentioned previously, anything that lacks real emotional resonance and seems like a drag queen could lip sync it dramatically on stage, would be popular with them.

But honestly, if you want a ghey to be happy just make sure the chorus is repeated often, and there's a decently strong beat to the music. A couple of whistles, chirps, and lispy "this song is fall my my sistas in...." are sure fire hits too. I think The Gold Experience has alot of whistles right? At least cow bells?
Reply #54 posted 07/15/09 11:03pm

ultrablue

Imago said:

ultrablue said:

50cent is ok with gheys because, as was mentioned previously, anything that lacks real emotional resonance and seems like a drag queen could lip sync it dramatically on stage, would be popular with them.

But honestly, if you want a ghey to be happy just make sure the chorus is repeated often, and there's a decently strong beat to the music. A couple of whistles, chirps, and lispy "this song is fall my my sistas in...." are sure fire hits too. I think The Gold Experience has alot of whistles right? At least cow bells?

50 Cent got shot though and gay people seem to stay away from shootings and stuff. I think 50 Cent has emotion in his songs but it can be from taking steroids? Sometimes it feels like he is hiding his real emotion though.

The Gold Experience has cow bells. I think the song We March will be a good song for the CD because it's very stompy and like a celebration and still the same time has no real emotional resonance like what you said..
Reply #55 posted 07/15/09 11:07pm

errant

ultrablue said:

Imago said:

50 Cent got shot though and gay people seem to stay away from shootings and stuff. I think 50 Cent has emotion in his songs but it can be from taking steroids? Sometimes it feels like he is hiding his real emotion though.

The Gold Experience has cow bells. I think the song We March will be a good song for the CD because it's very stompy and like a celebration and still the same time has no real emotional resonance like what you said..

no. Pussy Control, 319 or Billy Jack Bitch for the gheys.
[Edited 7/15/09 23:24pm]
Reply #56 posted 07/15/09 11:07pm

errant

Imago said:

ultrablue said:

stop trying to seduce this poor fellow
Reply #57 posted 07/16/09 12:39am

Christopher

ultrablue said:

Thanks for all the help Prince fans! This is going to be cool cool

I know it's not that professional looking.

LMAO
Reply #58 posted 07/16/09 1:36am

NouveauDance

squirrelgrease said:

Face Down?

falloff

This thread is all kinds of wrong!
Reply #59 posted 07/16/09 1:39am

vainandy

Beautiful (House version of "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World")
The Human Body
New World
Loose
Love
Pheremone
Sleep Around
Thieves In The Temple (House Version)
My Name Is Prince (House Version)
Get Off (House Version)

Hell anything housey.
Andy is a four letter word.
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince compilation for a gay friend