independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA times: prince to release 3 albums 2009
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 16 « First<2345678910>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 01/01/09 10:13am

Serena

BartVanHemelen said:

Graycap23 said:

I love when Prince drops it out of the Blue. Just like it is SUPPOSED 2 be.


Yeah, really out of the blue, Mike. Let's see: pre-album hype by "leaking" tracks to radio, summoning reporters for "exclusive" interviews,... This is STANDARD RECORD COMPANY PR.

Wanna see actual out of the blue? Trent Reznor who posts the word "soon" on his site and then drops a new album unannounced two weeks later, for immediate consumption. He did this TWICE last year. Completely disregarded regular channels, simply put it out. No sucking up to reporters, no hype, just the actual music. THAT is out of the blue. Prince is still doing the same thing he's done always. Go back 10 years and it was EXACTLY the same for Rave.


Fucking A, Bart, why don't you start the new year off right and just let go of comparing Prince to everyone else under the sun. Seriously, I can't believe that after all these years, you still piss and moan about how Prince does things. Since you haven't gotten any enjoyment out of his music since Gold or whatever was your last likeable album, why do you still torture yourself (and us)? It's the same spiel, just the names that change..."Basement Jaxx is so rad, why isn't Prince that cool anymore'... blahblah



It was great to wake up this morning and read some good news, I'm excited for the new stuff! All you other Debbie Downers can go sit in the emo corner with Bart while the rest of us have fun enjoying some new tunes! headbang
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 01/01/09 10:18am

purplecam

avatar

babynoz said:

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

All i can say is wow!. What a way 2 bring in the new year.....And Prince saying nasty & EXPLICIT IN AN INTERVIEW. I guess he going 2 let Bria sing what he is thinking.. Wise choice.


Can't wait 2 c what the new website looks like. Prince is very creative. i have waited a long time 4 this. I knew he had something big cooking. With a somewhat quiet 2008 minis the 21 night book 2 tie us over... The article is great 2


I also think the major retailer is Target my fav store


Hmmm, I'm thinking WalMart but I would prefer BestBuy...I live in that place. biggrin

Interesting to note that he has a new webmaster as well. I'm hoping for a site that's heavy on music and music related content. Lose the fluff.

NO TO WALMART!!!! NO TO WALMART!!!!

I happen to like Walmart but the thing is, we don't have a Walmart in New York City. The unions here stop that from happening as they don't use unions in Walmart. There's more to the story but I don't remember it. I don't want to go all the way to Jersey or Long Island to pick up a new Prince CD. I'll do it but it would suck major ass. Watch Prince do it anyway. lol
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 01/01/09 10:31am

drgoldsmoke

avatar

My bet is that MPLSOUND will never be released but will be put in the vault to become another legendary mystery. Lets hope so anyhow, There will never B was pretty childish and hard to listen to (accept for the instrumental that was dope).

Lotus Flower might be extremely promising.


email
Larry Graham stole my teddy bear.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 01/01/09 10:31am

Graycap23

Wall said:

So glad someone is finally releasing a Pro Tools album. There haven't been nearly enough of those lately. Real music by real musicians.

How would propose they RECORD that real music?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 01/01/09 10:35am

purplecam

avatar

drgoldsmoke said:

My bet is that MPLSOUND will never be released but will be put in the vault to become another legendary mystery. Lets hope so anyhow, There will never B was pretty childish and hard to listen to (accept for the instrumental that was dope).

Lotus Flower might be extremely promising.


email

I hope MPLSOUND does come out. There'll Never B Another Like Me is the bomb and it makes me excited to hear what other kind of Prince has in store.

I will agree with you about Lotus Flower, that sounds like its going to be real interesting indeed. nod
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 01/01/09 10:42am

tony23k

avatar

purplecam said:

KCOOLMUZIQ said:

All i can say is wow!. What a way 2 bring in the new year.....And Prince saying nasty & EXPLICIT IN AN INTERVIEW. I guess he going 2 let Bria sing what he is thinking.. Wise choice.


Can't wait 2 c what the new website looks like. Prince is very creative. i have waited a long time 4 this. I knew he had something big cooking. With a somewhat quiet 2008 minis the 21 night book 2 tie us over... The article is great 2


I also think the major retailer is Target my fav store

I hope it's Best Buy. Target doesn't do a good job promoting the people who do deals with them. Who knows much about Christna Aguliara's new CD? The only way I know anything about it is because of subway ads I see when I'm on the train. He needs to do Best Buy pray

Agreed.
On the day of release,21nights was on display in front of the BestBuy I go to.
my phone is heavy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 01/01/09 10:47am

babynoz

purplecam said:

babynoz said:



Hmmm, I'm thinking WalMart but I would prefer BestBuy...I live in that place. biggrin

Interesting to note that he has a new webmaster as well. I'm hoping for a site that's heavy on music and music related content. Lose the fluff.

NO TO WALMART!!!! NO TO WALMART!!!!

I happen to like Walmart but the thing is, we don't have a Walmart in New York City. The unions here stop that from happening as they don't use unions in Walmart. There's more to the story but I don't remember it. I don't want to go all the way to Jersey or Long Island to pick up a new Prince CD. I'll do it but it would suck major ass. Watch Prince do it anyway. lol


No to WalMart indeed and trust me, I know the story and will not set foot in there.

I want BestBuy but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be that other place.

Back to music...I hope a release date and some gigs will be announced soon. cool
Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 01/01/09 10:59am

Giovanni777

avatar

Wall said:

So glad someone is finally releasing a Pro Tools album. There haven't been nearly enough of those lately. Real music by real musicians.


BUT... Pro Tools is used mostly 4 mastering. He still uses 2" tape as well.

'The Rainbow Children' was recorded 2 tape, then mastered in Pro Tools. VERY warm sounding album.
"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 01/01/09 11:02am

Giovanni777

avatar

I like that he mentioned the experimenting in the studio... not that he hasn't ALWAYS done that, but it will interesting 2 hear the final product in full quality 2 hear what kind of textures we'll hear.

I think he either switched over 2 220 volt, or emulated it.
"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 01/01/09 11:11am

Giovanni777

avatar

hollywooddove said:

Giovanni777 said:



Nice. I hear that... Now I just hope he'll release vinyl versions of these.

I think the 'MPLSOUND' will be FAR better than the song we heard ("Never B Another Like Me"), although that tune would jam with some simple changes... change the lead vocal, drop that synth melody line, add some funky guitar and bass...

Gio and his vinyl..... cool


Yup, Yup.
"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 01/01/09 11:13am

Giovanni777

avatar

Also... all should take note of the line "...after the holidays...".

I think they're dropping soon, so yes, even with the radio play, reports, and such, this is going down rather suddenly.
"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 01/01/09 11:14am

pplrain

avatar

excited excited excited excited


rainbow rainbow rainbow rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 01/01/09 11:16am

Graycap23

.....come 2 think of it, my Technic 1200's need a tune up.
[Edited 1/1/09 11:17am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 01/01/09 11:20am

IstenSzek

avatar

three albums woot!

Lotus Flower and Mplsound drool i'm also quite curious for the bria valente
album since i like the track on the website a lot.

most excited about prince setting up an internet website to sell the stuff in
addition to physical copies. i know he's done it before and people complain 2
heaven and back about it but i always thought npgmc was a great vehicle. i am
very excited about it's return in one form or another.

and what the hell is up with people already complaining? complaining about
prince being said to be "experimenting in the studio with pro tools etc" on
the Mplsound album. you're gonna diss the album simply because you did not
like one song that was released on the mplsound website that you suppose to
be on that particular album? how about reading the positive: experimental
pop songs. and q-tip guesting on one of the songs. woot.

besides both albums can go in both directions. we only heard a few tracks
so far from probably about 30+ tracks to be released on 3 albums. and we
all know that a prince album is never simply one type of track.

that said, how can anyone moan right now? even if you get only 12 tracks out
of it that you love, what's not to be excited about?

i really can't imagine anyone being a fan of someone and saying "i hope he
decides not to release this album" because you THINK it might be something
you don't like.

if you were offered a choice between say, the gold experience and nps, well
i could understand people chosing one over the other. but how would you say
you don't want either one when you can have them both all the same?

and don't act like it has to come out of your stash of hard earned cash cuz
you damn well know the org goes crazy and everyone is downloading illegal
stuff left right and center as soon as something is released. so that makes
it doubly sad, that people state they'd rather have something not released
when it's something they haven't heard yet, which could be amazing and which
they can download in a manner of seconds (and probably will before they come
on here to bitch about it some more).

i'm sorry but that's a fucked up mentality. way to piss on the parade folks.
jeez.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 01/01/09 11:23am

IstenSzek

avatar

babynoz said:

purplecam said:


NO TO WALMART!!!! NO TO WALMART!!!!

I happen to like Walmart but the thing is, we don't have a Walmart in New York City. The unions here stop that from happening as they don't use unions in Walmart. There's more to the story but I don't remember it. I don't want to go all the way to Jersey or Long Island to pick up a new Prince CD. I'll do it but it would suck major ass. Watch Prince do it anyway. lol


No to WalMart indeed and trust me, I know the story and will not set foot in there.

I want BestBuy but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be that other place.

Back to music...I hope a release date and some gigs will be announced soon. cool


i'm not at all farmiliar with american retail outlets but didn't joni mitchell
and paul mccartney both release albums on a starbucks label.

i know. label. but couldn't it be just some sort of distribution deal with the
albums being distributed nationwide in all starbucks stores or something? with
prince retaining ownership and everything and selling digital copies on his
own new website but with the stores dishing out some $ upfront to give prince
a running headstart on the $ for pressing the actual cd's and artwork.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 01/01/09 11:24am

PaisleyStarr

avatar

omfg biggrin
"The truth is that we don't even know what the world will be like until we shake things up a little bit" prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 01/01/09 11:31am

love2thenines2
003

Giovanni777 said:

Also... all should take note of the line "...after the holidays...".

I think they're dropping soon, so yes, even with the radio play, reports, and such, this is going down rather suddenly.


.....my bird said "sometimes in february"!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 01/01/09 11:34am

pandemoniun6

IstenSzek said:

three albums woot!

Lotus Flower and Mplsound drool i'm also quite curious for the bria valente
album since i like the track on the website a lot.

most excited about prince setting up an internet website to sell the stuff in
addition to physical copies. i know he's done it before and people complain 2
heaven and back about it but i always thought npgmc was a great vehicle. i am
very excited about it's return in one form or another.

and what the hell is up with people already complaining? complaining about
prince being said to be "experimenting in the studio with pro tools etc" on
the Mplsound album. you're gonna diss the album simply because you did not
like one song that was released on the mplsound website that you suppose to
be on that particular album? how about reading the positive: experimental
pop songs. and q-tip guesting on one of the songs. woot.

besides both albums can go in both directions. we only heard a few tracks
so far from probably about 30+ tracks to be released on 3 albums. and we
all know that a prince album is never simply one type of track.

that said, how can anyone moan right now? even if you get only 12 tracks out
of it that you love, what's not to be excited about?

i really can't imagine anyone being a fan of someone and saying "i hope he
decides not to release this album" because you THINK it might be something
you don't like.

if you were offered a choice between say, the gold experience and nps, well
i could understand people chosing one over the other. but how would you say
you don't want either one when you can have them both all the same?

and don't act like it has to come out of your stash of hard earned cash cuz
you damn well know the org goes crazy and everyone is downloading illegal
stuff left right and center as soon as something is released. so that makes
it doubly sad, that people state they'd rather have something not released
when it's something they haven't heard yet, which could be amazing and which
they can download in a manner of seconds (and probably will before they come
on here to bitch about it some more).

i'm sorry but that's a fucked up mentality. way to piss on the parade folks.
jeez.


clapping Agree with all of the above. I for one am mega excited and hope all 3 projects see the light of day. Cause if they don't you know we'll all be looking for them through other channels anyway.lol Just hope the retailer he goes with has an international presence. For that reason Starbucks would be good, or, if he goes with Wal Mart, I think they have shares in Asda in the UK so that gives us Europeans a chance too. Get that website up and running!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 01/01/09 11:41am

DreZone

avatar

psychodelicide said:

toots said:

great .....

Like I said before...

I WONT beleive it until I SEE it nod


I'm with ya on that.


For real.
I said myself I'd have 3 albums out within a year... only one has made it...

'dre
Tried many flavours - but sooner or later, always go back to the Purple Kool-aid!

http://facebook.com/thedrezoneofficial
Http://Twitter.com/thedrezone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 01/01/09 11:42am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

babynoz said:

eyewishuheaven said:



Is there a way that I can block this person's posts?

Anyway, quite excited about this. Though I was quite excited when the news about Emancipation broke, too.

We'll see... or rather, we'll hear! smile



When you find out please let me know. I've had enough already.



Just report them to the mods. We'll deal with it. nod
Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 01/01/09 11:52am

babynoz

luv4u said:

babynoz said:




When you find out please let me know. I've had enough already.



Just report them to the mods. We'll deal with it. nod


Thankies! cool
Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 01/01/09 11:56am

IstenSzek

avatar

Giovanni777 said:

Also... all should take note of the line "...after the holidays...".

I think they're dropping soon, so yes, even with the radio play, reports, and such, this is going down rather suddenly.


i think prince is getting more and more excited about his recent material
too. think about it, he just has to be at the very least half as excited
as most of us are lol.

can you imagine prince going "let's put it online tonight!" and advisors
going "no, you have to wait for word back from the retail chain" lol.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 01/01/09 11:58am

babynoz

IstenSzek said:

babynoz said:



No to WalMart indeed and trust me, I know the story and will not set foot in there.

I want BestBuy but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be that other place.

Back to music...I hope a release date and some gigs will be announced soon. cool


i'm not at all farmiliar with american retail outlets but didn't joni mitchell
and paul mccartney both release albums on a starbucks label.

i know. label. but couldn't it be just some sort of distribution deal with the
albums being distributed nationwide in all starbucks stores or something? with
prince retaining ownership and everything and selling digital copies on his
own new website but with the stores dishing out some $ upfront to give prince
a running headstart on the $ for pressing the actual cd's and artwork.


As retail outlets go, the human traffic through Starbucks is nowhere near that of, say, a BestBuy or Target...Starbucks even has drive thru, lol

$$ up front may be the main consideration for an independent artist like Princey. At this point BestBuy might be a bit gun-shy after the less than stellar sales of the Guns N Roses thingy.
Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 01/01/09 12:02pm

rnljs

Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Peace. Love. Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 01/01/09 12:13pm

WisdomNLove

cant wait to hear them all biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 01/01/09 12:20pm

IstenSzek

avatar

babynoz said:

IstenSzek said:



i'm not at all farmiliar with american retail outlets but didn't joni mitchell
and paul mccartney both release albums on a starbucks label.

i know. label. but couldn't it be just some sort of distribution deal with the
albums being distributed nationwide in all starbucks stores or something? with
prince retaining ownership and everything and selling digital copies on his
own new website but with the stores dishing out some $ upfront to give prince
a running headstart on the $ for pressing the actual cd's and artwork.


As retail outlets go, the human traffic through Starbucks is nowhere near that of, say, a BestBuy or Target...Starbucks even has drive thru, lol

$$ up front may be the main consideration for an independent artist like Princey. At this point BestBuy might be a bit gun-shy after the less than stellar sales of the Guns N Roses thingy.


ah yes, indeed. i can imagine going through the drivethru and ordering and
the lady going "would you like a complimentary prince cd with that sir?"

lol

good observation on best buy, i read that article about the slow sales for
the guns n roses album. how many copies are they stuck with at this moment?

eek

anyway, it's prince we're talking about. and if those four songs from Lotus
Flower are any indication for the rest of the album i bet that whomever he
decides to sit down with to discuss some sort of deal will be impressed and
all to happy to be involved in the distribution of this album.
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 01/01/09 1:06pm

mzkqueen03

avatar

.
[Edited 12/26/09 18:56pm]
..She's Just A Baby..but she's my lady..my loveR..my only friend!..true love that will last!..PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND..WHAT SHE SEES IN AN OLDER MAN..they never stop 2 think that maybe i'm what she's looking 4..THEY NEVER TAKE THE TIME..2 look in her mind
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 01/01/09 1:11pm

L4OATheOrigina
l

avatar

shygirl said:

L4OATheOriginal said:

3 new albums huh? and will that mean if he tours..this material will b featured instead of the boring hits? pray


People who constantly complain about the hits are far more boring than the hits they complain about.
Do Bruce Springsteen fans complain about him performing his hits at concerts? OMG, he's singing Born In The USA again. Time to bitch and moan. What about Rolling Stone fans? Do they whine like babies about hearing Satisfaction one more time?
I love to hear Prince perform new music, too. But I also know that Purple Rain and Let's Go Crazy are here to stay. The great thing about Prince is that he constantly surprises us. Whether it's covers of Foo Fighters or Radiohead, or performing obscure gems from his own massive catalog, or throwing in something new that no one has ever heard yet, Prince is all over the musical map.
But Purple Rain and his other hits aren't going anywhere. Deal with it or move on.



and if he didn't do the hits ever again would u still go and c him live? or do u harbor the past so much that even the idea of more new music (like he said he was going 2 do on leno in 2004) scares u over hearing the tired and true?
man, he has such an amazing body of music that it's sad to see him constrict it down to the basics. he's too talented for the lineup he's doing. estelle 81
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 01/01/09 1:13pm

L4OATheOrigina
l

avatar

sunlite said:

All of the people complaining about the hits weren't around from the mid-90's to around 2001 shows. Lots of great intimate gigs and current songs.
From Musicology to the present Prince has been living up to his "legacy artist" Status. You know like The Stones, Stevie Wonder, Bowie. He's now immortalized in the R-N-R Hall Of Fame. Played the Super Bowl. It's a return to a large visibility. So he worked the hits to remind people the great classics they are. If he is indeed putting out multiple albums this year, I imagine that much of it will be rocked at the tour that follows.



i was around in the mid 90's and that's what i want a return of, less of the old more of the new
man, he has such an amazing body of music that it's sad to see him constrict it down to the basics. he's too talented for the lineup he's doing. estelle 81
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 01/01/09 1:26pm

Alej

avatar

Amessing hmmm
The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 16 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > LA times: prince to release 3 albums 2009