independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > I Luv U in Me (Did She Really?)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/09/07 10:12am

SirPsycho

I Luv U in Me (Did She Really?)

Do you guys think I Luv U in Me was written in anticipation of an experience or after one?....I've often thought it was written about Mayte in anticipation built over the years he was "raising" her (u know, the whole "everything i wanted thing" seems overestimated cuz if she was, shouldn't she still be around?)....then again...anticipation does make the best foreplay...could it be possible this was penned immediately after Mayte "showed him what she was workin wit" (lol...i only wanna put it that way cuz it's funny lol )...Either way, he sounds happy...whaddu think: Is Prince once again having the ultimate orgasm along with is pen? or was this song an exhale.....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/09/07 10:13am

Raze

avatar

it was written and released before he'd met Mayte.
"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you." - Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/09/07 10:15am

SirPsycho

...i meant 2 post the lyrics for anyone unfamiliar...

She took off her dress, and I took a peek
While thunder storm played hide and seek
I begged for a kiss, she gave me 7
Our lips touched and it feel like heaven

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I promised myself not to come until she does
And she took both hands and a liar I was
No man in this world could ever hope 2 last
When my baby down shifts
and starts pumpin' fast

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I love U, I love U, in me

Our bodies sink in a pool of sweat
It's the kind of love that U never forget (Never forget)
With U honey, I'm the richest in the world (So rich)
I don't need money 'cause u're my girl
(Need money cause u're my girl)

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery (Surgery)
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I love U in me

Everything I want is what she does to me
U don't blush 'cause she's so damned free (So free)
When we makin' love it's like surgery (Yeah)
And she say, ooh
I love U in me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/09/07 10:16am

SirPsycho

Raze said:

it was written and released before he'd met Mayte.


dammit!...(it would be)...well...whaddu u say?.....before actual experience or after?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/09/07 10:17am

SirPsycho

wait a min....when was it written and released?...cuz he did know mayte for a loooong time...
[Edited 6/9/07 10:18am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/09/07 10:18am

FunkMistress

avatar

SirPsycho said:

Do you guys think I Luv U in Me was written in anticipation of an experience or after one?....I've often thought it was written about Mayte in anticipation built over the years he was "raising" her (u know, the whole "everything i wanted thing" seems overestimated cuz if she was, shouldn't she still be around?)....then again...anticipation does make the best foreplay...could it be possible this was penned immediately after Mayte "showed him what she was workin wit" (lol...i only wanna put it that way cuz it's funny lol )...Either way, he sounds happy...whaddu think: Is Prince once again having the ultimate orgasm along with is pen? or was this song an exhale.....


The hell? "I Love U In Me" is from 1989.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN.
The Normal Whores Club
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/09/07 10:27am

SirPsycho

FunkMistress said:

SirPsycho said:

Do you guys think I Luv U in Me was written in anticipation of an experience or after one?....I've often thought it was written about Mayte in anticipation built over the years he was "raising" her (u know, the whole "everything i wanted thing" seems overestimated cuz if she was, shouldn't she still be around?)....then again...anticipation does make the best foreplay...could it be possible this was penned immediately after Mayte "showed him what she was workin wit" (lol...i only wanna put it that way cuz it's funny lol )...Either way, he sounds happy...whaddu think: Is Prince once again having the ultimate orgasm along with is pen? or was this song an exhale.....


The hell? "I Love U In Me" is from 1989.



oh...that's right...that was around my 4th birthday....what's up with my memory these days? confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/09/07 10:28am

FunkMistress

avatar

SirPsycho said:

FunkMistress said:



The hell? "I Love U In Me" is from 1989.



oh...that's right...that was around my 4th birthday....what's up with my memory these days? confused


lol Okay, you get a pass then.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN.
The Normal Whores Club
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/09/07 10:29am

SirPsycho

and yet no one has addressed the actual question....(i should've expected this...)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/09/07 10:30am

FunkMistress

avatar

SirPsycho said:

and yet no one has addressed the actual question....(i should've expected this...)


Maybe because it's hard to find the actual question in your ramblings. biggrin
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN.
The Normal Whores Club
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/09/07 10:32am

SirPsycho

FunkMistress said:

SirPsycho said:

and yet no one has addressed the actual question....(i should've expected this...)


Maybe because it's hard to find the actual question in your ramblings. biggrin


yeah...i'd say that's probably it...okay....whoever get's 2 reading this post: DO U THINK "I LUV U IN ME" WAS WRITTEN AFTER A GREAT NIGHT IN BED, OR ON A LONELY NIGHT IN PRINCES MIND?



that's clearer i hope...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/09/07 10:38am

Raze

avatar

SirPsycho said:

FunkMistress said:



Maybe because it's hard to find the actual question in your ramblings. biggrin


yeah...i'd say that's probably it...okay....whoever get's 2 reading this post: DO U THINK "I LUV U IN ME" WAS WRITTEN AFTER A GREAT NIGHT IN BED, OR ON A LONELY NIGHT IN PRINCES MIND?



that's clearer i hope...



Probably neither. It sounds like a joke to me.
"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you." - Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/09/07 10:43am

blackwell1

Never occurred to me it could have been written in anticipation. Interesting theory. Probably wouldn't be first time he or others wrote that way.
My guess is after, though.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/09/07 10:48am

tatocorcu

English is not my first language, so I only realised recently how rude the lines "I promised myself not to come until she does / And she took both hands and a liar I was" are. When I told my boyfriend he started laughing and said they must have been based on a real experience.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/09/07 11:45am

Patrick1985

avatar

tatocorcu said:

English is not my first language, so I only realised recently how rude the lines "I promised myself not to come until she does / And she took both hands and a liar I was" are. When I told my boyfriend he started laughing and said they must have been based on a real experience.


i always loved that line, so true with certain girls
Like a Gb Major with a E in the bass
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/09/07 12:02pm

adorable2

avatar

SirPsycho said:

...i meant 2 post the lyrics for anyone unfamiliar...

She took off her dress, and I took a peek
While thunder storm played hide and seek
I begged for a kiss, she gave me 7
Our lips touched and it feel like heaven

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I promised myself not to come until she does
And she took both hands and a liar I was
No man in this world could ever hope 2 last
When my baby down shifts
and starts pumpin' fast

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I love U, I love U, in me

Our bodies sink in a pool of sweat
It's the kind of love that U never forget (Never forget)
With U honey, I'm the richest in the world (So rich)
I don't need money 'cause u're my girl
(Need money cause u're my girl)

Everything I want is what she does to me
She don't blush 'cause she's so damned free
When she makin' love it's like surgery (Surgery)
And she say, ooh
I love U in me

I love U in me

Everything I want is what she does to me
U don't blush 'cause she's so damned free (So free)
When we makin' love it's like surgery (Yeah)
And she say, ooh
I love U in me


To answer ur question, my dearest of all darlings, I would say neither. It seems as if P thought the line and title " I Love U In Me" was slick and clever and so he penned the song around it. Maybe it was something he always wanted to hear a lover say. Maybe it was another play on the IIWYG thing where it is a double entendre. If u read the title alone and then realize the song is written and performed by a man, u might say WTF? So in conclusion, it seems as if I Love U In Me was a cool line in his opinion and so he decided to shape a song around the notion of one partner saying that to another.. wink
[Edited 6/9/07 12:03pm]
I'm an org elitist... totally unapproachable.

www.myspace.com/prinsexed
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/09/07 12:42pm

SirPsycho

adorable2 said:


To answer ur question, my dearest of all darlings, I would say neither. It seems as if P thought the line and title " I Love U In Me" was slick and clever and so he penned the song around it. Maybe it was something he always wanted to hear a lover say. Maybe it was another play on the IIWYG thing where it is a double entendre. If u read the title alone and then realize the song is written and performed by a man, u might say WTF? So in conclusion, it seems as if I Love U In Me was a cool line in his opinion and so he decided to shape a song around the notion of one partner saying that to another.. wink
[Edited 6/9/07 12:03pm]


...well said...i could see the song being penned around the title, (now that you mention it)...and i understand the whole double entendre thing...i've always felt that the emotional language we reserve for women was much more personal than we "allow" men to feel.... confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/09/07 12:58pm

anon

avatar

SirPsycho said:

adorable2 said:


To answer ur question, my dearest of all darlings, I would say neither. It seems as if P thought the line and title " I Love U In Me" was slick and clever and so he penned the song around it. Maybe it was something he always wanted to hear a lover say. Maybe it was another play on the IIWYG thing where it is a double entendre. If u read the title alone and then realize the song is written and performed by a man, u might say WTF? So in conclusion, it seems as if I Love U In Me was a cool line in his opinion and so he decided to shape a song around the notion of one partner saying that to another.. wink
[Edited 6/9/07 12:03pm]


...well said...i could see the song being penned around the title, (now that you mention it)...and i understand the whole double entendre thing...i've always felt that the emotional language we reserve for women was much more personal than we "allow" men to feel.... confused
I agree. It seems like he worked from the hook backwards, but where's the double entendre? That line is as blatant as you can get and it doesn't seem to be attempting to mean anything but what it is.
Why do you like playing around with my narrow scope of reality? - Stupify
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/09/07 12:59pm

Krystal666

avatar

FunkMistress said:

SirPsycho said:

Do you guys think I Luv U in Me was written in anticipation of an experience or after one?....I've often thought it was written about Mayte in anticipation built over the years he was "raising" her (u know, the whole "everything i wanted thing" seems overestimated cuz if she was, shouldn't she still be around?)....then again...anticipation does make the best foreplay...could it be possible this was penned immediately after Mayte "showed him what she was workin wit" (lol...i only wanna put it that way cuz it's funny lol )...Either way, he sounds happy...whaddu think: Is Prince once again having the ultimate orgasm along with is pen? or was this song an exhale.....


The hell? "I Love U In Me" is from 1989.


Was it really? I always thought it was around 83 or 84..that is what I always imagined. I guess you learn something new everyday! razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/09/07 1:05pm

SirPsycho

anon said:

SirPsycho said:



...well said...i could see the song being penned around the title, (now that you mention it)...and i understand the whole double entendre thing...i've always felt that the emotional language we reserve for women was much more personal than we "allow" men to feel.... confused
I agree. It seems like he worked from the hook backwards, but where's the double entendre? That line is as blatant as you can get and it doesn't seem to be attempting to mean anything but what it is.



considering the passionate lyics...Prince "Loves Her in Him" as much as she "Loves him in her"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/09/07 1:11pm

adorable2

avatar

SirPsycho said:

anon said:

I agree. It seems like he worked from the hook backwards, but where's the double entendre? That line is as blatant as you can get and it doesn't seem to be attempting to mean anything but what it is.



considering the passionate lyics...Prince "Loves Her in Him" as much as she "Loves him in her"


also i meant the same way some (emphasis on some) people took the title " IIWYG" to mean P was gay... from just reading the title of this song it might take this title and run away with it if they didn't listen to the song.
I'm an org elitist... totally unapproachable.

www.myspace.com/prinsexed
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/09/07 1:34pm

anon

avatar

SirPsycho said:

anon said:

I agree. It seems like he worked from the hook backwards, but where's the double entendre? That line is as blatant as you can get and it doesn't seem to be attempting to mean anything but what it is.



considering the passionate lyics...Prince "Loves Her in Him" as much as she "Loves him in her"
i.c.
If it's not a true double entendre, it's at least a clever play on words. It's funny because usually the more innocent meaning cloaks the other. But in a Prince song it's like he's hiding the fact that it's more than sexual...like that's his dirty little secret.
Why do you like playing around with my narrow scope of reality? - Stupify
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/10/07 2:57am

CalhounSq

avatar

Krystal666 said:

FunkMistress said:



The hell? "I Love U In Me" is from 1989.


Was it really? I always thought it was around 83 or 84..that is what I always imagined. I guess you learn something new everyday! razz

The earliest I remember it being released was as a b-side to one of the Batman tracks I think...
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/10/07 3:06am

icke4presidant

Great song; ' i promised not to cum until she does'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/10/07 3:10am

blacksweat

avatar

CalhounSq said:

Krystal666 said:



Was it really? I always thought it was around 83 or 84..that is what I always imagined. I guess you learn something new everyday! razz

The earliest I remember it being released was as a b-side to one of the Batman tracks I think...


It was the b-side to The Arms of Orion
I'm hot and I don't care who knows it...I got a job to do. cooked
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/10/07 3:23am

wlcm2thdwn

I don't think it was about any one person, songwritters don't always write about personal experiences, what's wrong with these people?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/10/07 4:46am

CalhounSq

avatar

blacksweat said:

CalhounSq said:


The earliest I remember it being released was as a b-side to one of the Batman tracks I think...


It was the b-side to The Arms of Orion

Thanks. I can actually see the Batman symbol in my head whenever I hear this song eek lol I just can't picture buying the Arms of Orion single (though I liked it), but I guess if it had a b-side I would have picked it up nod
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/10/07 4:56am

eelco

Funny little song. Some of his corniest music combined with some of his raunchiest lyrics.

I think it's afterwards...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/10/07 5:06am

Waltervandenvo
gelwejde

avatar

Could be inspired by the "Pink Cashmere"girl Anna Garcia/Fantastic or wha'e'er her last name is.
That's when P. gave a damn about b.days esp. 18th...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/10/07 7:03am

CalhounSq

avatar

Maybe it's about any number of women he fucked - who needs a timeline? Why are you guys trying to figure it out lol
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > I Luv U in Me (Did She Really?)