independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Jan 2020 8:41pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince kiss picture disc with plinth
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/28/07 11:34am

lotus

Prince kiss picture disc with plinth

Hey I just been on ebay and someone is selling in the U.K Kiss Picture disc with plinth I brougt this picture disc in 1988 and it never came with a plinth does anyone know if this is rare?

Thanks
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/28/07 11:36am

primsose

avatar

lotus said:

Hey I just been on ebay and someone is selling in the U.K Kiss Picture disc with plinth I brougt this picture disc in 1988 and it never came with a plinth does anyone know if this is rare?

Thanks

no don't think it's rare, i have ne and my older cousin has also got one confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/28/07 11:37am

djdaffy1227

avatar

The 1986 release of the picture disc of "Kiss" had the plinth:



The 1988 reissue didn't have it, however, it had the exteded versions of the songs and it played at 33 1/3:




I'm sorry I don't know how to resize my pictures, can a mod take care of this please?
[Edited 4/28/07 11:38am]
Making love and music are the only things worth fighting for.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/28/07 11:38am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

It's more rare than the release without a plinth.
.
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/29/07 1:29am

lotus

djdaffy1227 said:[quote]The 1986 release of the picture disc of "Kiss" had the plinth:


Thank you for that info. and I tell you what man your picture discs are in amazing condition, there from 1986 & 1988 and they look new!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/29/07 5:05pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

I've never heard if a "plinth" until this thread. Is it a UK thing?
If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/29/07 7:34pm

Revolution

avatar

squirrelgrease said:

I've never heard if a "plinth" until this thread. Is it a UK thing?


You and I both Sista!
Thanks for the laughs, arguments and overall enjoyment for the last umpteen years. It's time for me to retire from Prince.org and engage in the real world...lol. Above all, I appreciated the talent Prince. You were one of a kind.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/30/07 5:42am

djdaffy1227

avatar

plinth

NOUN: 1. A block or slab on which a pedestal, column, or statue is placed. 2. The base block at the intersection of the baseboard and the vertical trim around an opening. 3. A continuous course of stones supporting a wall. Also called plinth course. 4. A square base, as for a vase.
ETYMOLOGY: French plinthe, from Latin plinthus, from Greek plinthos, tile, plinth.


Basically the plinth on this record is just a piece of cardboard that folds up and displays the record in a standing up position.
Making love and music are the only things worth fighting for.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/30/07 6:05am

squirrelgrease

avatar

djdaffy1227 said:

plinth

NOUN: 1. A block or slab on which a pedestal, column, or statue is placed. 2. The base block at the intersection of the baseboard and the vertical trim around an opening. 3. A continuous course of stones supporting a wall. Also called plinth course. 4. A square base, as for a vase.
ETYMOLOGY: French plinthe, from Latin plinthus, from Greek plinthos, tile, plinth.


Basically the plinth on this record is just a piece of cardboard that folds up and displays the record in a standing up position.


Thanks! We just shove the record in a pile of Play-Doh here in the USSA.
If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/30/07 6:34am

djdaffy1227

avatar

I live in Pennsylvania, we're in the USA not the USSA lol
Making love and music are the only things worth fighting for.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince kiss picture disc with plinth