independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Rarest Prince collectable?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/14/07 2:48am

funkygibbon

avatar

The Rarest Prince collectable?

What is the rarest Prince item ever?
Original Black Album on cd?

does anyone know?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/14/07 3:05am

oldpurple

avatar

I alway thought it was 'Strange tales from the rain'
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/14/07 3:17am

vindication

avatar

funkygibbon said:

What is the rarest Prince item ever?
Original Black Album on cd?

does anyone know?


The original Black Album on cd? evillol

Maybe it's the grey vinyl of the Black Album.
[Edited 1/14/07 3:17am]
why is this game
the only one that we play?

Dutch unite at www.itaintover.org
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/14/07 3:25am

christos7

Purple Raincoats, surely.



jerkoff

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/14/07 3:35am

muirdo

avatar

oldpurple said:

I alway thought it was 'Strange tales from the rain'



nah there was about 500 of those pressed?
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/14/07 3:40am

muirdo

avatar

vindication said:

funkygibbon said:

What is the rarest Prince item ever?
Original Black Album on cd?

does anyone know?


The original Black Album on cd? evillol

Maybe it's the grey vinyl of the Black Album.
[Edited 1/14/07 3:17am]



The original Black Album on cd probably is the rarest,
according to this anyway http://sleevographia2.fre...0USACD.htm
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/14/07 3:43am

christos7

Wow. I wonder who owns that. hmmm
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/14/07 3:46am

muirdo

avatar

christos7 said:

4 real, if any1 has any spare purple raincoats pm me....



mad

bloody crap things.
i bought a packet in 1995 at a Gold experience concert and i have 3
kids now.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/14/07 3:48am

christos7

muirdo said:

christos7 said:

4 real, if any1 has any spare purple raincoats pm me....



mad

bloody crap things.
i bought a packet in 1995 at a Gold experience concert and i have 3
kids now.


I'd sue..

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/14/07 3:55am

muirdo

avatar

51 hours is quite rare too, only around 30 copies of that pressed.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/14/07 4:57am

Haystack

Prince's rarest collectibles?

Any one of his mastertapes, surely? wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/14/07 5:01am

oldpurple

avatar

muirdo said:

oldpurple said:

I alway thought it was 'Strange tales from the rain'



nah there was about 500 of those pressed?




dont see them on ebay thats why I thought it was rare lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/14/07 5:27am

muirdo

avatar

oldpurple said:

muirdo said:




nah there was about 500 of those pressed?




dont see them on ebay thats why I thought it was rare lol


I know what you mean...I'd love to own a copy one day.
I know where they are at least 3 copies for sale.
Maybe one day smile
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/14/07 5:30am

oldpurple

avatar

how much is it going for at the moment
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/14/07 6:30am

spaceboy

avatar

oldpurple said:

how much is it going for at the moment


Tales $360-$400
Ich bin bei der Neue Kraft Bewegung
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/14/07 6:32am

spaceboy

avatar

CD is rarer
[Edited 1/14/07 6:33am]
Ich bin bei der Neue Kraft Bewegung
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/14/07 6:34am

dualboot

avatar

vindication said:

funkygibbon said:

What is the rarest Prince item ever?
Original Black Album on cd?

does anyone know?


The original Black Album on cd? evillol

Maybe it's the grey vinyl of the Black Album.
[Edited 1/14/07 3:17am]


The cd of the black album is rarer just like the DJ promo release of the 1987
Nevertheless the grey one is rare too. I'm working on a nice idea this year for people to obtain a grey one for not much money (got 2 at this point)
http://www.theblackalbum.info
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/14/07 8:10am

Anx

spaceboy said:

oldpurple said:

how much is it going for at the moment


Tales $360-$400


that's not SO bad...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/14/07 8:25am

Untouchable

avatar

You've all missed the mark completely.

It was the cassette single for Stax-O-Wax that was enhaced with grape-scented packaging. Unbelievably rare. Rumor has it that P himself tossed a Ring-Pop into the glue vat at the manufacturing plant and dared Mayte to jump in after it.

Don't believe me? Go smell your Stax-O-Wax cassingle today to see if you're one of the lucky ones. They're out there!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/14/07 8:34am

GangstaFam

Untouchable said:

You've all missed the mark completely.

It was the cassette single for Stax-O-Wax that was enhaced with grape-scented packaging. Unbelievably rare. Rumor has it that P himself tossed a Ring-Pop into the glue vat at the manufacturing plant and dared Mayte to jump in after it.

Don't believe me? Go smell your Stax-O-Wax cassingle today to see if you're one of the lucky ones. They're out there!

OMG! falloff

Start a thread.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/14/07 8:34am

GangstaFam

christos7 said:

Purple Raincoats, surely.



jerkoff

lol

What is that?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/14/07 8:43am

muirdo

avatar

GangstaFam said:

christos7 said:

Purple Raincoats, surely.



jerkoff

lol

What is that?



Prince condoms that were sold circa 95.
Purple Raincoats.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/14/07 8:47am

GangstaFam

muirdo said:

Prince condoms that were sold circa 95.
Purple Raincoats.

giggle
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/14/07 9:17am

7kisses4U

oldpurple said:

I alway thought it was 'Strange tales from the rain'



Strange Tales From The Rain from Japan is difficult to get but most likely not rare. I had this 2 lp set a long time ago and I think it cost for $200.00.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/14/07 9:37am

lotus

Musicology with "Jewel case" not digipak.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/14/07 10:00am

oldpurple

avatar

7kisses4U said:

oldpurple said:

I alway thought it was 'Strange tales from the rain'



Strange Tales From The Rain from Japan is difficult to get but most likely not rare. I had this 2 lp set a long time ago and I think it cost for $200.00.



whats the track listing I cant remember
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/14/07 10:02am

superspaceboy

avatar

Isn't there some sort of COmp out there with a cover pic that has the maniquin bust used for his clothes?



$2400.00

Christian Zombie Vampires

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/14/07 10:05am

tony23k

avatar

I've wondered how rare these are,
"Man O' War cd single?
and
The Rainbow Children vinyl?
my phone is heavy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/14/07 10:17am

muirdo

avatar

oldpurple said:

7kisses4U said:




Strange Tales From The Rain from Japan is difficult to get but most likely not rare. I had this 2 lp set a long time ago and I think it cost for $200.00.



whats the track listing I cant remember


Side 1

Let's Go Crazy 7.32
Jungle Love / The Time 3.25
Take Me With You 3.55
The Beautiful Ones 5.14
God 4.02
When Doves Cry 3.49

Side 2

Computer Blue 4.01
Darlin' Nikki 5.13
Sex Shooter / Apollonia 3.01
The Bird The Time 7.40
Purple Rain 4.07
I would Die 4 U 2.50
Baby I'm A Star 4.13

Side 3

Soft And Wet 3.01
I Wanna Be YOur Lover 2.57
Sexy Dancer 4.18
Uptown 4.07
Dirty Mind 4.11
Do Me, Baby 7.47

Side 4

Sexuality 4.20
Controversy 3.35
Little Red Corvette 3.08
Delrious 2.36
The Glamours Life 3.41

theres one on eil.com for £385.
Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/14/07 10:20am

dualboot

avatar

muirdo said:

oldpurple said:




whats the track listing I cant remember


Side 1

Let's Go Crazy 7.32
Jungle Love / The Time 3.25
Take Me With You 3.55
The Beautiful Ones 5.14
God 4.02
When Doves Cry 3.49

Side 2

Computer Blue 4.01
Darlin' Nikki 5.13
Sex Shooter / Apollonia 3.01
The Bird The Time 7.40
Purple Rain 4.07
I would Die 4 U 2.50
Baby I'm A Star 4.13

Side 3

Soft And Wet 3.01
I Wanna Be YOur Lover 2.57
Sexy Dancer 4.18
Uptown 4.07
Dirty Mind 4.11
Do Me, Baby 7.47

Side 4

Sexuality 4.20
Controversy 3.35
Little Red Corvette 3.08
Delrious 2.36
The Glamours Life 3.41

theres one on eil.com for £385.


Mine is cheaper 220gbp
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Rarest Prince collectable?