independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Jan 2020 8:57pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Warner Bros taking the P outta Prince?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/21/06 11:27am

lotus

Warner Bros taking the P outta Prince?

I just got the new Prince CD the Ultimate collection and when you open the cover there is a old picture of Prince with a Crazy ass hair do. Now I think maybe prince doesn't like those olds picture's of himself and maybe Warner Bros is trying to take the piss because that photo is from before 1979 but there are no songs on that CD from that time. Not very nice of WB if this is the case.

Oh the CD is very good 12"Remixes that is about time they got remastered.
When is WB gonna remaster all the old Prince CD's as the sound is not that good.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/21/06 11:34am

Dewrede

avatar

what picture ?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/21/06 11:36am

MickG

avatar

I'd not have a question that Prince doesn't love Photos of himself that are older. After all don't we all? I've taken pictures of myself, looked at them with contempt, only to find them years later and love the Photograph.

It's not a dogging that WB is doing. That's just parranoia.

It's just a old old old picture to show his age and how long he's been up to the trixs.
News: Prince pulls his head out his ass in the last moment.
Bad News: Prince wasted too much quality time doing so.
You have those internalized issues because you want to, you like to, stop.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/21/06 11:40am

FruitToAttract
Bears

avatar

Rince? hmmm
"18 years old, and she knows her funk!!! headbang"
~ funkpill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/21/06 12:10pm

JediMaster

avatar

Ask Tangerine17, since he had a hand in the packaging of that disc.
jedi

Do not hurry yourself in your spirit to become offended, for the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones. (Ecclesiastes 7:9)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/21/06 1:14pm

skywalker

avatar

lotus said:

I just got the new Prince CD the Ultimate collection and when you open the cover there is a old picture of Prince with a Crazy ass hair do. Now I think maybe prince doesn't like those olds picture's of himself and maybe Warner Bros is trying to take the piss because that photo is from before 1979 but there are no songs on that CD from that time. Not very nice of WB if this is the case.

Oh the CD is very good 12"Remixes that is about time they got remastered.
When is WB gonna remaster all the old Prince CD's as the sound is not that good.


I really doubt the suggestion that Prince doesn't like "older" pictures of himself.

The reason behind my doubt is the fact that whenever they take people on a tour of Paisley Park they march you down a funked out hallway with huge ass pictures of Prince from 1978-now.

[Edited 8/21/06 13:15pm]
"New Power slide...."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/21/06 1:16pm

Handclapsfinga
snapz

skywalker said:

lotus said:

I just got the new Prince CD the Ultimate collection and when you open the cover there is a old picture of Prince with a Crazy ass hair do. Now I think maybe prince doesn't like those olds picture's of himself and maybe Warner Bros is trying to take the piss because that photo is from before 1979 but there are no songs on that CD from that time. Not very nice of WB if this is the case.

Oh the CD is very good 12"Remixes that is about time they got remastered.
When is WB gonna remaster all the old Prince CD's as the sound is not that good.


I really doubt the suggestion that Prince doesn't like "older" pictures of himself.

The reason behind my doubt is the fact that whenever they take people on a tour of Paisley Park they march you down a funked out hallway with huge ass pictures of Prince from 1978-now.

[Edited 8/21/06 13:15pm]

yup...those pictures are trippy as hell, now that i remember 'em.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/21/06 1:20pm

AGNTHVC

who care about the pics. . the music is the true reason we are all on these boards!!


eat the fruit eat it eat it all!!!
TAPMUG!
THE ATLANTA PRINCE MEET UP GROUP!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/21/06 5:45pm

guarinigirl200
0

avatar

FruitToAttractBears said:

Rince? hmmm


That's what I thought at first too. lol
I love a Man who:
Wears More Make Up Than Me.
Wears Four Inch Stilleto Boots.
Changes His Name To An Unpronouncable Symbol.
Who Changes His Name Back From An Unpronouncable Symbol.
Oh And Most Importantly, Who Is Sexy Little Drop Of Butterscotch
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/21/06 5:52pm

sexxydancer

ALL Prince pix r gorgeous,so it doesn't even matter!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/22/06 12:57am

lotus

AGNTHVC said:[quote]who care about the pics. . the music is the true reason we are all on these boards!!


I here you G. Anyway I always liked the Hair-bear-bunch. lol.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/22/06 1:00am

lotus

AND IF u don't know who the Hair bear bunch is Y'all better ask somebody!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/22/06 5:43am

NouveauDance

avatar

1. The photo is fine (it's one of my fav's in fact), and is not some secret coded dig at Prince because it is from pre-1979 lol

2. Stop blaming Warners for everything.

3. [Jerome Voice] Yeah!




yay!
[Edited 8/22/06 5:44am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/22/06 7:50am

uptown26

avatar

NouveauDance said:[quote]
3. [Jerome Voice] Yeah!

lol lol lol
To GOD be the Glory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/23/06 4:08am

lotus

uptown26 said:[quote]

NouveauDance said:


3. [Jerome Voice] Yeah!

lol lol lol




cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Warner Bros taking the P outta Prince?