independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 25th Jan 2020 12:56pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Can Prince still do those splits?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/28/06 10:45am

Velvet123

avatar

Can Prince still do those splits?

He should do them more, or did he just got bored. Maybe he can't just do them anymore.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/28/06 10:46am

thepope2the9s

avatar

I dont think he can do em' anymore.
I havent seen him do them since 2000.
Stand Up! Everybody, this is your life!
https://www.facebook.com/...pope2the9s follow me on twitter @thepope2the9s
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/28/06 11:09am

FunkJam

avatar

Well he has been able to do them all those years so he should be able to. Jackie chan is over 50 and he's still doing them, among other crazy gymnastic things. But prince is no jackie chan so who knows!
"Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system" - Bruce Lee
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/28/06 11:27am

RitaQoS

He can do them but he can't get up again after without medical aid.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/28/06 11:35am

pennylover

avatar

Why should he do the splits again? eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/28/06 11:53am

superspaceboy

avatar

2 words...Hip Replacement :shh2:
[Edited 6/28/06 11:53am]

Christian Zombie Vampires

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/28/06 6:37pm

1999n3121

I think he can but chooses not to, cuz of all the refocusing on his music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/28/06 10:53pm

kcwm

avatar

wats with all the old age bashing on P 48 isnt really that old, and just look at the shape his in compared 2 a lot of others who are his age. I think he can still do it, i saw a live Coldplay film clip and they had these 2 dancers on stage and they were doing sort of contortion dancing with each other and one of them was an old lady who my guess is about 70 and she was doing a lot more crazy dancing than wat P does, and if she can do the crazy stuff she was doing at her age i think P would b still able 2 dance, but just probs doesnt have the energy like he used 2 to dance for the whole concert or wateva
Receiving transmission from David Bowie's nipple antenna. Do you read me Lieutenant Bowie, I said do you read me...Lieutenant Bowie
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/29/06 5:12am

KoolEaze

avatar

Maybe he could if he wanted to but frankly, I don´t care, I´d rather see him focus more on the music and the show in general instead of proving he can still do the splits at 48....what for ?

He looks great, is in great shape, still delivers fantastic shows, never ceases to amaze and surprise me, and even during his most turbulent years he maintained his grace unlike many other musicians before or after him.

Gotta give him some respect for that.

Fuck the splits.


A man with Prince´s discipline could do the splits again anytime and anyway he wanted to if he´d concentrate on it if he wanted to prove a point. Get a personal trainer, a good physician, a choreographer and some exercise and there you go, hip problems or not....but do we really want that ? And if so, why ?
" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/29/06 5:28am

PurpleCharm

I have no idea if he can.

I am not interested in seeing him doing the splits.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/29/06 5:46am

ThreadBare

File this with the wig/weave threads and the denial of the aging process...

If he can't anymore, it doesn't mean he's not still a fantastic performer.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/29/06 9:39pm

Amaxx

When he was out in Australia doing the "LIVE" tour, "No Splits" which I found odd! eek But after screaching the last few verses of Beautiful Ones sprawled on the stage, He does a one handed push up 2 get back 2 his feet! In disbelief all i could say was "Smart arse!" razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/04/06 5:23pm

sexxydancer

KoolEaze said:

Maybe he could if he wanted to but frankly, I don´t care, I´d rather see him focus more on the music and the show in general instead of proving he can still do the splits at 48....what for ?

He looks great, is in great shape, still delivers fantastic shows, never ceases to amaze and surprise me, and even during his most turbulent years he maintained his grace unlike many other musicians before or after him.

Gotta give him some respect for that.

Fuck the splits.


A man with Prince´s discipline could do the splits again anytime and anyway he wanted to if he´d concentrate on it if he wanted to prove a point. Get a personal trainer, a good physician, a choreographer and some exercise and there you go, hip problems or not....but do we really want that ? And if so, why ?

Fabulous reply!couldn't agree with u more!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/04/06 5:24pm

sexxydancer

Prince is not old...Mick Jagger is, tho.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/04/06 5:53pm

sosgemini

avatar

i think his dancing during American Idol proves he can't. the guy was soo Cher dancing it...very little movement. he probably doesnt have the energy anymore. unlike madonna he's never really had a workout regime so its got to catch up to him faster.
Space for sale...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/05/06 9:31am

Curt

Actually, the "splits" are key and shouldn't be rejected as a gimmicky thing that plays no role in Prince "the performer".

If you take the time to pinpoint the occurances where he does the splits, I'm guessing 9 times out of 10, he's REALLY feeling it or REALLY working his band. He never really just threw in splits just to do them right?? It seems to me when he's doing the splits, something special is happening on stage - i.e. a hot solo, energetic crowd for him to feed off, etc...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, a return to doing the splits would bring about better concerts..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/05/06 9:36am

vainandy

avatar

thepope2the9s said:

I dont think he can do em' anymore.
I havent seen him do them since 2000.


I thought he did them on the Musicology Tour. Hell, I can't remember I was so drunk that night. lol I do remember him slithering and sliding all over the stage that night though.
Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/05/06 9:37am

vainandy

avatar

superspaceboy said:

2 words...Hip Replacement :shh2:
[Edited 6/28/06 11:53am]


I've wondered if there was any truth to that rumor since he hasn't been dancing around lately. lol
Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/05/06 10:17am

Graycap23

Velvet123 said:

He should do them more, or did he just got bored. Maybe he can't just do them anymore.



Why would he want 2?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/05/06 3:15pm

Mebeingme

avatar

Me thinks after years of wearing heels, his feets is fucked! Maybe his back too.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/05/06 3:19pm

Purplerain7772
001

avatar

FunkJam said:

Well he has been able to do them all those years so he should be able to. Jackie chan is over 50 and he's still doing them, among other crazy gymnastic things. But prince is no jackie chan so who knows!


jackie chan does not do it with heels on or a guitar around his body. wink
and after that hip operation i don't he'll even try to. and i am suprised that he still put heels on. I am going to make a thread right now about that. confused
hav u had ur + sign 2 day.
eye wish u heaven
worship GOD
prince
Purplerain7772001
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/05/06 3:23pm

missfee

avatar

he'll surprise us one day do them damn splits again...
I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/05/06 3:24pm

Purplerain7772
001

avatar

kcwm said:

wats with all the old age bashing on P 48 isnt really that old, and just look at the shape his in compared 2 a lot of others who are his age. I think he can still do it, i saw a live Coldplay film clip and they had these 2 dancers on stage and they were doing sort of contortion dancing with each other and one of them was an old lady who my guess is about 70 and she was doing a lot more crazy dancing than wat P does, and if she can do the crazy stuff she was doing at her age i think P would b still able 2 dance, but just probs doesnt have the energy like he used 2 to dance for the whole concert or wateva



FOUR WORDS HEELS????!!!! GUITAR????!!!! HIP?????!!!! Replacement????!!!
When has prince ever needed to FOCUS on his music. Come on b real people. Do u think somebody with 41 years experience in music needs FOCUS? I bet Prince can play piano and guitar with his tongue if he wanted to! eek
hav u had ur + sign 2 day.
eye wish u heaven
worship GOD
prince
Purplerain7772001
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/05/06 3:26pm

missfee

avatar

Purplerain7772001 said:

kcwm said:

wats with all the old age bashing on P 48 isnt really that old, and just look at the shape his in compared 2 a lot of others who are his age. I think he can still do it, i saw a live Coldplay film clip and they had these 2 dancers on stage and they were doing sort of contortion dancing with each other and one of them was an old lady who my guess is about 70 and she was doing a lot more crazy dancing than wat P does, and if she can do the crazy stuff she was doing at her age i think P would b still able 2 dance, but just probs doesnt have the energy like he used 2 to dance for the whole concert or wateva



FOUR WORDS HEELS????!!!! GUITAR????!!!! HIP?????!!!! Replacement????!!!
When has prince ever needed to FOCUS on his music. Come on b real people. Do u think somebody with 41 years experience in music needs FOCUS? I bet Prince can play piano and guitar with his tongue if he wanted to! eek

thats a bit much isn't it???
I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/05/06 3:28pm

Purplerain7772
001

avatar

vainandy said:



I thought he did them on the Musicology Tour. Hell, I can't remember I was so drunk that night. lol I do remember him slithering and sliding all over the stage that night though.


what happened 2 no intoxication Prince? lol
hav u had ur + sign 2 day.
eye wish u heaven
worship GOD
prince
Purplerain7772001
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/05/06 3:32pm

ccollin88

avatar

missfee said:

he'll surprise us one day do them damn splits again...


Make sure the paramedics are on standby when he tries! biggrin
Yoda is my Mentor!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/05/06 3:36pm

missfee

avatar

ccollin88 said:

missfee said:

he'll surprise us one day do them damn splits again...


Make sure the paramedics are on standby when he tries! biggrin

I think all he'll need is some ice.
I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/05/06 7:09pm

DreZone

avatar

I don't think he does them anymore.
We're only human. Prince is no exception.

'dre
Tried many flavours - but sooner or later, always go back to the Purple Kool-aid!

http://facebook.com/thedrezoneofficial
Http://Twitter.com/thedrezone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/05/06 10:59pm

xplnyrslf

sosgemini said:

i think his dancing during American Idol proves he can't. the guy was soo Cher dancing it...very little movement. he probably doesnt have the energy anymore. unlike madonna he's never really had a workout regime so its got to catch up to him faster.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/05/06 11:20pm

xplnyrslf

sosgemini said:

i think his dancing during American Idol proves he can't. the guy was soo Cher dancing it...very little movement. he probably doesnt have the energy anymore. unlike madonna he's never really had a workout regime so its got to catch up to him faster.


Faster than WHAT? I don't recall Madonna ever doing throw down your ass splits nor playing a musical instrument with any serious talent. She didn't have half the energy P has displayed on stage. Her success is based on well paid choreographers and genius producers. (Jelly Bean Benitz comes to mind) Maybe her workout regime will work her into the CHINESE SPLITS!!! She's now resorted to cheap ass rap moves a la white chick and revisiting her cross phase. She's at an age where you need a baseline colonoscopy. Prince doesn't need the gimmicks. Another thing, take a look at Madonna's hands. All the plastics in the world can't hide the hands. And P has nice hands. Maybe because he doesn't have Madonna's "workout regime"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Can Prince still do those splits?