independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 3:56pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Am I the only one who thinks Mayte has good intentions talking about P post-death?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 11/02/19 4:58pm

violetcrush

icecreamcastle777 said:



mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:


violetcrush said:
* AGAIN, what I have posted above and prior is that - per Susannah’s statements, after the news broke of the emergency landing, Susannah first called Apollonia to see if she had connected with anyone at PP. Apples told her she thought he was okay. Susannah then called and spoke to Prince’s Engineer who said, “he’s doing okay. He wants to write with you again. He’a going to send you some lyrics. It’s not necessarily what he wants to record, but it’s just to get something started.” This was one week before he died.

It was a pretense, to make it seem as if everything was okay and that life was moving on as usual and that 'Nothing dire had happened'. Like brushing it off... Posting on Twitter and IG as per usual. But of course how was he to know that one week later...

.


Not gonna lie. Thought the same thing. She called him to see if he was okay and he told the engineer what he needed to blow off the scent. It not like he was the one that reached out to her about it. I'm so good that I'm even sending lyrics so I could write with you again... Just like He was throwing dance parties and showing off his purple guitar and a purple piano the day after his plane went down to prove to the world 'he was okay..' This too.. Prince was reaching out to a lot of people saying he wanted to work with them again. Even If it was an honest intention and he truly did actually wanna work with her again and sent lyrics for her to work on, so what? He actually did work with some of his past associates. Like Morris Day. Hell, even Apollonia have a story about Prince saying he wanted to work with her again.... lol What makes sending Susannah a song to work on so special? It's not like she was the only one that he had it in mind to work with.


Well, for starters, it’s a pretty solid indication that he wanted to re-connect with her in some way. If he had no interest in seeing or talking to her again he would not have bothered having his Engineer tell her or send her anything. MANY past associates and friends were calling, texting, and emailing him or his camp to ask if he was okay, and they got his standard quick response of “yes, all is fine.” Susannah was nowhere near the press during that time, so he had no reason to go to that length with her.
*
AND, he was reconnecting with her in other ways prior to the Moline incident. First, in 2015, when he contacted Wendy to ask for her number in order to help her financially (he had his manager call her), and he also did not take down the story that she posted about how they recorded Starfish & Coffee, which was a big deal, because he was taking everything down during that time, and her story was quite detailed and personal.
[Edited 11/2/19 17:30pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 11/03/19 5:30am

LoveGalore

violetcrush said:

LoveGalore said:



violetcrush said:


lastdecember said:

She had nothing BUT good intentions and 95% of those after the fact have done just the same. Whether Prince knew he was not long for this earth, people close to him meaning from early days or later days, mainly people that were not in that circle the last few years, they did not expect PRINCE to die, they just did NOT. So this all has been tough weird frustrating and sad most of time, but as Morris Day said recently, "I struggled early on but I am getting passed it" and that is it in a nutshell. Morris also recently said in Bilboard he was not cool with the releases and what was coming out after the fact and that Prince would not like that. But he has to remember that Prince also would not be cool with Books written about him, bands touring playing his music, merchandise with his name on it, everyone posting photos unseen of him, videos all over youtube etc...So you cant cherry pick what you want



Disrespecting and mocking someone when they are alive, and then doing a 180 turn immediately after they pass in order to gain attention and the media spotlight does not mesh with having good intentions. Other than a brief encounter when she attended one of his concerts during his Vegas run, she had no contact with him from the time of their split. She was trying to profit off of him prior to his death as well by selling some of his personal items. * Prince was reaching out to many who had been close to him through the years just before he passed. I think the fact that he did not contact Mayte at all in the few years, or even the year before he passed is quite telling.

Well, he started from the beginning. He also didn't reach out to Rosie Gaines, Robin Power, Carmen Electra, Cat Glover, Miko Weaver, and a host of other people. He didn't reach out to Susannah or Susan Moonsie, Anna Fantastic, or Mani.


He spent time with Susan Moonsie and Brenda during his Musicology tour. Susan lives in Trinidad. I don’t think he and Rosie were on good terms - I could be wrong but I thought there was a conflict with the album she was supposed to release under the PP label. Manueka was also not saying the most flattering things prior to his death and their divorce was not amicable, so it’s understandable that he would not have reached out to her.
*
He did reach out to Susannah twice before he died. The first time in 2015, through his Manager to offer her a loan to help her financially. The second time in 2016, after his emergency landing in Moline. Susannah called his Engineer to check on his health, and the Engineer told her that Prince wanted to record with her again. He sent her lyrics he had recently written. I hope she writes her story and includes them, or posts them some day. They are most likely some of the last lyrics he wrote.
*
I think he re-connected with the people that he most wanted to see and talk to before he passed.
[Edited 11/1/19 13:28pm]


Musicology tour was a good 15 years before he died. Hardly relevant.

And an IOU plus talking to his engineer is not reconnecting.

I reiterate that he did not reconnect with those people prior to his death. Would he have soon? Maybe. But he didn't.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 11/03/19 10:08am

violetcrush

LoveGalore said:

violetcrush said:


He spent time with Susan Moonsie and Brenda during his Musicology tour. Susan lives in Trinidad. I don’t think he and Rosie were on good terms - I could be wrong but I thought there was a conflict with the album she was supposed to release under the PP label. Manueka was also not saying the most flattering things prior to his death and their divorce was not amicable, so it’s understandable that he would not have reached out to her.
*
He did reach out to Susannah twice before he died. The first time in 2015, through his Manager to offer her a loan to help her financially. The second time in 2016, after his emergency landing in Moline. Susannah called his Engineer to check on his health, and the Engineer told her that Prince wanted to record with her again. He sent her lyrics he had recently written. I hope she writes her story and includes them, or posts them some day. They are most likely some of the last lyrics he wrote.
*
I think he re-connected with the people that he most wanted to see and talk to before he passed.
[Edited 11/1/19 13:28pm]


Musicology tour was a good 15 years before he died. Hardly relevant.

And an IOU plus talking to his engineer is not reconnecting.

I reiterate that he did not reconnect with those people prior to his death. Would he have soon? Maybe. But he didn't.

Considering that, prior to seeing Brenda and Susan during his Musicology tour, hadn’t seen them since the late 80’s, I would absolutely call that re-connecting. He spent many hours with both of them, and also Brenda’s Son, during that time in Boston. You act like Prince was such a socially accessible guy - he was not though. Ever. Even with those in his “camp” at any given time. HE contacted them, and never the other way around. Prince also saw Brenda and Susan again after Vanity’s funeral when they (including Apollonia and Jill) got together after his P&M concert which they also attended.
*
You continue to deny the valid point that if Prince had no interest in seeing or speaking to Susannah again the conversation would have ended with his Engineer telling her he was fine and goodbye. That is NOT what transpired during that phone call. She was informed that Prince wanted to record with her again, and she was sent new lyrics that he had written for her to read and provide her feedback. He was continuing the conversation in his typical way. It was his way of connecting.
*
It’s also important to note that with the exception of the few years after she got married and the few years prior to his death they were in touch by phone, mail or in person throughout the years after she left MN.
[Edited 11/3/19 12:14pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 11/03/19 11:03pm

gwiliandre

violetcrush said:

LoveGalore said:
Musicology tour was a good 15 years before he died. Hardly relevant. And an IOU plus talking to his engineer is not reconnecting. I reiterate that he did not reconnect with those people prior to his death. Would he have soon? Maybe. But he didn't.
Considering that, prior to seeing Brenda and Susan during his Musicology tour, hadn’t seen them since the late 80’s, I would absolutely call that re-connecting. He spent many hours with both of them, and also Brenda’s Son, during that time in Boston. You act like Prince was such a socially accessible guy - he was not though. Ever. Even with those in his “camp” at any given time. HE contacted them, and never the other way around. Prince also saw Brenda and Susan again after Vanity’s funeral when they (including Apollonia and Jill) got together after his P&M concert which they also attended. * You continue to deny the valid point that if Prince had no interest in seeing or speaking to Susannah again the conversation would have ended with his Engineer telling her he was fine and goodbye. That is NOT what transpired during that phone call. She was informed that Prince wanted to record with her again, and she was sent new lyrics that he had written for her to read and provide her feedback. He was continuing the conversation in his typical way. It was his way of connecting. * It’s also important to note that with the exception of the few years after she got married and the few years prior to his death they were in touch by phone, mail or in person throughout the years after she left MN. [Edited 11/3/19 12:14pm]

And welcome to Susannah.org by way of one violetcrush.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 11/04/19 9:16am

violetcrush

gwiliandre said:



violetcrush said:


LoveGalore said:
Musicology tour was a good 15 years before he died. Hardly relevant. And an IOU plus talking to his engineer is not reconnecting. I reiterate that he did not reconnect with those people prior to his death. Would he have soon? Maybe. But he didn't.

Considering that, prior to seeing Brenda and Susan during his Musicology tour, hadn’t seen them since the late 80’s, I would absolutely call that re-connecting. He spent many hours with both of them, and also Brenda’s Son, during that time in Boston. You act like Prince was such a socially accessible guy - he was not though. Ever. Even with those in his “camp” at any given time. HE contacted them, and never the other way around. Prince also saw Brenda and Susan again after Vanity’s funeral when they (including Apollonia and Jill) got together after his P&M concert which they also attended. * You continue to deny the valid point that if Prince had no interest in seeing or speaking to Susannah again the conversation would have ended with his Engineer telling her he was fine and goodbye. That is NOT what transpired during that phone call. She was informed that Prince wanted to record with her again, and she was sent new lyrics that he had written for her to read and provide her feedback. He was continuing the conversation in his typical way. It was his way of connecting. * It’s also important to note that with the exception of the few years after she got married and the few years prior to his death they were in touch by phone, mail or in person throughout the years after she left MN. [Edited 11/3/19 12:14pm]

And welcome to Susannah.org by way of one violetcrush.


Take a look a few posts up to pinpoint WHO first posted the topic of Susannah. ‘Twas NOT me. So, nice try but don’t even go there.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 11/10/19 6:40pm

lastdecember

avatar

violetcrush said:

lastdecember said:

She had nothing BUT good intentions and 95% of those after the fact have done just the same. Whether Prince knew he was not long for this earth, people close to him meaning from early days or later days, mainly people that were not in that circle the last few years, they did not expect PRINCE to die, they just did NOT. So this all has been tough weird frustrating and sad most of time, but as Morris Day said recently, "I struggled early on but I am getting passed it" and that is it in a nutshell. Morris also recently said in Bilboard he was not cool with the releases and what was coming out after the fact and that Prince would not like that. But he has to remember that Prince also would not be cool with Books written about him, bands touring playing his music, merchandise with his name on it, everyone posting photos unseen of him, videos all over youtube etc...So you cant cherry pick what you want

Disrespecting and mocking someone when they are alive, and then doing a 180 turn immediately after they pass in order to gain attention and the media spotlight does not mesh with having good intentions. Other than a brief encounter when she attended one of his concerts during his Vegas run, she had no contact with him from the time of their split. She was trying to profit off of him prior to his death as well by selling some of his personal items. * Prince was reaching out to many who had been close to him through the years just before he passed. I think the fact that he did not contact Mayte at all in the few years, or even the year before he passed is quite telling.


really? Where is the disrespect.? She could have sold stories about the child dieing right after or gone public with a lot of things after their annulled marriage, and also falsifying the child's death certificate as father unknown really? She covered for him as did others. If you want disrespect how about Vanity calling him the devil in later years after she found god. What's more disrespectful selling items or burning child's clothing in rage like he did? A lot of people covered for Prince, Morris day said this very recently about BS prince always pulled with not paying for things and reimbursing when he changed his mind, so spare me on who Prince reached out too. Mayte actually was contacted and has stated she knew he was not well, Prince reached out to almost no one. I mean he was with Morris Hayes more than anyone ever, and Morris had not heard a word from him in over a year and before that years before around 2014 when he caught up with a 3rd eye gig.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 11/10/19 7:39pm

LoveGalore

violetcrush said:

LoveGalore said:
Musicology tour was a good 15 years before he died. Hardly relevant. And an IOU plus talking to his engineer is not reconnecting. I reiterate that he did not reconnect with those people prior to his death. Would he have soon? Maybe. But he didn't.
Considering that, prior to seeing Brenda and Susan during his Musicology tour, hadn’t seen them since the late 80’s, I would absolutely call that re-connecting. He spent many hours with both of them, and also Brenda’s Son, during that time in Boston. You act like Prince was such a socially accessible guy - he was not though. Ever. Even with those in his “camp” at any given time. HE contacted them, and never the other way around. Prince also saw Brenda and Susan again after Vanity’s funeral when they (including Apollonia and Jill) got together after his P&M concert which they also attended. * You continue to deny the valid point that if Prince had no interest in seeing or speaking to Susannah again the conversation would have ended with his Engineer telling her he was fine and goodbye. That is NOT what transpired during that phone call. She was informed that Prince wanted to record with her again, and she was sent new lyrics that he had written for her to read and provide her feedback. He was continuing the conversation in his typical way. It was his way of connecting. * It’s also important to note that with the exception of the few years after she got married and the few years prior to his death they were in touch by phone, mail or in person throughout the years after she left MN. [Edited 11/3/19 12:14pm]

Prince's way of reconnecting is to not connect at all? Got it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 11/11/19 5:15pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

lock bashing thread

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Am I the only one who thinks Mayte has good intentions talking about P post-death?