independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 12th Dec 2019 5:25am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia 2019- We Spent the Last Two Years of His Life Making Plans
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 06/06/19 5:24pm

endiadj

violetcrush said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



The payment was not made to Apples because she thought it was a scam when P's people called her. If she was so close to P at that time why would she think it was a scam?


It’s very possible that she may not have known the person calling her from his camp. Prince did not “mix” friends/associates like that. Támar stated when she performed with Prince at the Brit awards in 2006 she did not know it was Wendy and Lisa on stage with her. Prince never introduced them.
*
Also, with the many elaborate scams out there it is very understandable why she would not give out her bank account information. I don’t think I would have either.

Exactly! I'm sure Prince didn't call her and she hung up on him. It was probably one of his "people" and she wasn't familiar with him/her.
[Edited 6/6/19 17:24pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 06/06/19 8:22pm

babynoz

lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 06/06/19 8:32pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

babynoz said:

lol

lol lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 06/08/19 8:39am

tab32792

*sigh*

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 06/08/19 6:57pm

TheTruth123

She’s ripping Van Jones apart now on FB and IG. Copying a text message between her and Manuela Testilini.
I find this to be in bad taste.
That’s trying to get people against someone. It’s not fair or safe.
It’s ALL drama.
Do not like that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 06/08/19 6:59pm

RJP1205

I saw that!! Not cool.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 06/08/19 7:07pm

purplemist7777

TheTruth123 said:

She’s ripping Van Jones apart now on FB and IG. Copying a text message between her and Manuela Testilini.
I find this to be in bad taste.
That’s trying to get people against someone. It’s not fair or safe.
It’s ALL drama.
Do not like that.

She is so desparate for attention. She just did all those interviews that were carried on national media and she mad cuz didn’t get invited to a party SMH. Also she keeps saying that it’s “my song”. She acts like she co-wrote the song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 06/08/19 9:38pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



I love it.

Its like watching a bad movie but you just can bring yourself to turn it off.

The photos on Tidal's twitter shows it wasnt that big of an event.

It appears as though a lot of entitled people showed up after P passed.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 06/08/19 9:52pm

Shockadelica9

Van jones just replied to Apollonia on twitter 😦😦 basically telling her not to put him on blast
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 06/08/19 10:39pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

She needs to quit tripping. She was famous for 15 minutes. Some of Prince other

proteges were better i.e The Family.

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 06/09/19 7:08am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



Van says he was just asked to MC and he had nothing to do with organizing this event.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 06/09/19 8:04am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Van says he was just asked to MC and he had nothing to do with organizing this event.


I seen where Jill said something about Van too.

I think they are all jealous because they weren't invited, but like Van said he had nothing to do with organizing it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 06/09/19 8:35am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

TheTruth123 said:

She’s ripping Van Jones apart now on FB and IG. Copying a text message between her and Manuela Testilini.
I find this to be in bad taste.
That’s trying to get people against someone. It’s not fair or safe.
It’s ALL drama.
Do not like that.

Some of these associates are all about the drama, especially apples. It gives her life I guess.
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 06/09/19 8:50am

violetcrush

phunkdaddy said:

She needs to quit tripping. She was famous for 15 minutes. Some of Prince other


proteges were better i.e The Family.


She was a big part of Prince’s most successful venture. She remained friends with him until he passed. Yes, she did not have an ongoing career in performing, but her role in the Prince camp was significant. That being said, she should not publicly criticize or bash someone else as it makes her seem petty.
*
I have read things about Van Jones too - in terms of his agenda while he was associating with Prince. Seems he may have used him to build his public platform and image.
*
I’m actually much more skeptical of the people who infiltrated Prince’s world after the PR explosion than the ones who were with him before. He had a lot more money to burn in later years. Apollonia made very little off of PR compared to its total profit. In fact, no one in the camp made much money off of the film. Prince was also much closer to, and trusting of those in that camp, so I think they have a much more accurate insight into who he really was behind the scenes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/09/19 9:02am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar



Now M2 is in on the drama with Apples.


They make it all about them instead of P's The Originals.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/09/19 9:19am

PennyPurple

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Now M2 is in on the drama with Apples.


They make it all about them instead of P's The Originals.


M2 said that Van was the one who organized it...this is how rumors start. Van did NOT organize it. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 06/09/19 12:14pm

violetcrush

Hmmm....it does seem rather interesting that a “listening party” for “Prince The Originals” was organized yet none of the folks who were directly involved with the songs on the release were included or invited - yet those are the folks the press has been interviewing. Hmmmm.
*
And why would Van Jones have been chosen to host the event? Was he in any way involved, or better yet, physically there when these songs were recorded?? Nope.
*
Sorry, but I can understand the frustration of the folks (Apollonia, Susannah, Jill Jones, etc) who actually played a part in the original recordings of the songs. You have a listening party, which most likely will include Q&A, but you don’t invite the people who most likely can answer the questions?? Okay, sure.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 06/09/19 1:54pm

endiadj

PennyPurple said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




Now M2 is in on the drama with Apples.


They make it all about them instead of P's The Originals.




M2 said that Van was the one who organized it...this is how rumors start. Van did NOT organize it. lol


Well, somebody's lyIng, but I don't know who. They're all, including Van, so damn shady!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 06/09/19 2:36pm

leadline

avatar

Think about it people, what is the one thing in common all these people who have not been invited share? They ALL have been vocal in regards to how Prince passed, saying it was not an accident, but a murder.

Say of that what you will, but it is a common variable, one that I think would have to be taken into consideration. Was it the main reason, or the only reason, they were not invited? Who knows, but the fact remains that THAT is what these people have in common.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 06/09/19 2:48pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

leadline said:

Think about it people, what is the one thing in common all these people who have not been invited share? They ALL have been vocal in regards to how Prince passed, saying it was not an accident, but a murder.

Say of that what you will, but it is a common variable, one that I think would have to be taken into consideration. Was it the main reason, or the only reason, they were not invited? Who knows, but the fact remains that THAT is what these people have in common.


Oh my god you’re onto something eek another tipp from me: they’re all eating bread too!! Wonder what else they have in common
[Edited 6/9/19 14:49pm]
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 06/09/19 3:13pm

violetcrush

ThatWhiteDude said:

leadline said:

Think about it people, what is the one thing in common all these people who have not been invited share? They ALL have been vocal in regards to how Prince passed, saying it was not an accident, but a murder.

Say of that what you will, but it is a common variable, one that I think would have to be taken into consideration. Was it the main reason, or the only reason, they were not invited? Who knows, but the fact remains that THAT is what these people have in common.


Oh my god you’re onto something eek another tipp from me: they’re all eating bread too!! Wonder what else they have in common
[Edited 6/9/19 14:49pm]

lol
*
I don’t believe Susannah has ever stated she thinks Prince’s death was not an accident, nor has Peggy McCreary.
*
There’s obviously a reason they were not invited, but I doubt it will be known.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 06/09/19 8:12pm

Lovejunky

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



Now M2 is in on the drama with Apples.


They make it all about them instead of P's The Originals.


Thats the thing isnt it..?

reeks of entitlement...

This is not about the people who sang the songs

its about the person who wrote them and laid down the lead/guide vocals...

WHat makes Apples, and Jill for that matter think that they are being left out ?

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 06/09/19 8:48pm

violetcrush

Lovejunky said:



ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




Now M2 is in on the drama with Apples.


They make it all about them instead of P's The Originals.




Thats the thing isnt it..?


reeks of entitlement...


This is not about the people who sang the songs


its about the person who wrote them and laid down the lead/guide vocals...


WHat makes Apples, and Jill for that matter think that they are being left out ?


They were there while the songs were bring recorded, and they sang them WITH Prince. Yes Prince wrote the songs and sang the guide vocals, but why not at least invite the associates who sang the songs with him?? Was anyone invited to the listening party who was actually physically THERE at the time the songs were recorded??
*
I don’t think it’s about entitlement at all. To me, it would make sense to include them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 06/09/19 9:42pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

violetcrush said:

Lovejunky said:

Thats the thing isnt it..?

reeks of entitlement...

This is not about the people who sang the songs

its about the person who wrote them and laid down the lead/guide vocals...

WHat makes Apples, and Jill for that matter think that they are being left out ?

They were there while the songs were bring recorded, and they sang them WITH Prince. Yes Prince wrote the songs and sang the guide vocals, but why not at least invite the associates who sang the songs with him?? Was anyone invited to the listening party who was actually physically THERE at the time the songs were recorded?? * I don’t think it’s about entitlement at all. To me, it would make sense to include them.



This is so embarrasing you are giving credence to this kugati.

The album release is about Prince and NOT them.



pimp2


[Edited 6/9/19 21:42pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 06/10/19 12:07am

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



This is so embarrasing you are giving credence to this kugati.

The album release is about Prince and NOT them.



pimp2


[Edited 6/9/19 21:42pm]



yeahthat

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 06/10/19 2:14am

AvocadosMax

Yeah... I really don't buy Prince planning on an Apollonia 6 movie or new music with her on lead vocals... it sounds like she's pitching ideas for her career ...

She's only discount-Vanity, anyways..

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 06/10/19 3:31am

violetcrush

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



violetcrush said:


Lovejunky said:


Thats the thing isnt it..?


reeks of entitlement...


This is not about the people who sang the songs


its about the person who wrote them and laid down the lead/guide vocals...


WHat makes Apples, and Jill for that matter think that they are being left out ?



They were there while the songs were bring recorded, and they sang them WITH Prince. Yes Prince wrote the songs and sang the guide vocals, but why not at least invite the associates who sang the songs with him?? Was anyone invited to the listening party who was actually physically THERE at the time the songs were recorded?? * I don’t think it’s about entitlement at all. To me, it would make sense to include them.



This is so embarrasing you are giving credence to this kugati.

The album release is about Prince and NOT them.



pimp2


[Edited 6/9/19 21:42pm]


I get that, but Prince is NOT here, and this release would never happen if he were. However, we do have those who were actually involved at the time the songs were recorded.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 06/10/19 5:53am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

violetcrush said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



This is so embarrasing you are giving credence to this kugati.

The album release is about Prince and NOT them.



pimp2


[Edited 6/9/19 21:42pm]

I get that, but Prince is NOT here, and this release would never happen if he were. However, we do have those who were actually involved at the time the songs were recorded.

It doesn't matter, Originals is not about Apples, Jill or anyone else. Yes Prince is dead, but that doesn't mean we need to focus on the people who were there when he recorded his songs. These people act so damn entitled. We can focus on Prince without the associates.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 06/10/19 7:34am

violetcrush

ThatWhiteDude said:



violetcrush said:


ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:




This is so embarrasing you are giving credence to this kugati.

The album release is about Prince and NOT them.



pimp2



[Edited 6/9/19 21:42pm]



I get that, but Prince is NOT here, and this release would never happen if he were. However, we do have those who were actually involved at the time the songs were recorded.

It doesn't matter, Originals is not about Apples, Jill or anyone else. Yes Prince is dead, but that doesn't mean we need to focus on the people who were there when he recorded his songs. These people act so damn entitled. We can focus on Prince without the associates.


Who’s saying they should be the entire focus? My point is, if you are going to have a listening party, and probably discussion/ Q & A, it would make sense to include the people who contributed to the recordings at the time the songs were recorded. This is why they were interviewed by the press. A panel with Peggy McCreary, Susan Rogers and the rest would have been great and appropriate for this release. They were all spending many hours everyday with Prince during this time, and that is a fact.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 06/10/19 7:44am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

violetcrush said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

It doesn't matter, Originals is not about Apples, Jill or anyone else. Yes Prince is dead, but that doesn't mean we need to focus on the people who were there when he recorded his songs. These people act so damn entitled. We can focus on Prince without the associates.

Who’s saying they should be the entire focus? My point is, if you are going to have a listening party, and probably discussion/ Q & A, it would make sense to include the people who contributed to the recordings at the time the songs were recorded. This is why they were interviewed by the press. A panel with Peggy McCreary, Susan Rogers and the rest would have been great and appropriate for this release. They were all spending many hours everyday with Prince during this time, and that is a fact.

The problem is that they always want to be included, they only care about themselves and their place in the purple universe now that Prince is gone, they all try to make the first place. It's really getting annoying.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Apollonia 2019- We Spent the Last Two Years of His Life Making Plans