independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Jun 2018 9:43pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Get Well Jill Jones(Health UPDATE)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 02/26/18 1:51pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

RJOrion said:

ChocolateBox3121 said: FALSE!....i STAY putting on her on her rightful pedestal, at this site..

JJ has always been appreciated and talked up on this site

This person is turning into a huge TROLL

Hell I've done threads on her time in Prince's camp and outside

.

Yea, I don't get the harsh comments -- I'd say 99.9% of the people here speak only kind words about Jill. Jill does have a tendency to bitch and moan a lot, and that's probably why people get upset with her. I'm sure we do that with our own families, LOL lol

.

That said, you can still have genuine concern for someone even if they do irritate you; I mean, the same could be said about Prince! lol

.

At the end of the day; LOVE conquers all. prince yes

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 02/26/18 1:53pm

cloveringold85

avatar

CatB said:

Rev said:

You get well too. This FLU season has been the worst I can remember.



That's true, this flu's a real bitch. Thank you kindly for the well wishes. Please take good care of yourselves, everyone.


.

I was afraid it might be the Flu.

.

Hope you feel better soon!! hug

.

P.S. JILL: If you read here, please know that we have nothing but LOVE for you!! heart

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 02/26/18 2:08pm

Silvertongue7

ChocolateBox3121 said:

"Jill Jones has been released from the hospital. She is thankful to the medical staff that provided treatment during this health emergency. As she returns home for recovery she will respond to fans soon"....





I'm so glad she is doing much better. I really enjoyed partying with her...



[Edited 2/26/18 12:58pm]


Good news.
Someone's in my body, someone's in my body...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 02/26/18 2:33pm

PeteSilas

cloveringold85 said:

PeteSilas said:

she was (is) a beauty, marlyn monroe look, i never even knew she was black until a few years ago. I always loved her pouty lips and eyes, i could see why Prince fell for her.

.

Someone said that she dyed her hair blonde just for Prince. wink

.

I don't know if her parents are still living, but her Mother is also Native-American and her Dad is/was Italian--he was a jazz drummer, so she probably had a lot in commont with Prince's musical background. Prince seemed to go for the mixed girls. lol

.

I never knew she worked with Teena Marie as back-up singer and I think she lived with her for a while.

.

I guess she never married.

she recently guessed that Prince got his "My dads black and my ma's italian" from her that he used in the early 80's after he met her. which of course was a bald faced lie and one that persisted with the not-so-hardcore fans for many, many years. the blonde hair was nice and she did resemble marilyn but she also had her very own look.

[Edited 2/26/18 14:35pm]

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 02/26/18 2:36pm

PeteSilas

ChocolateBox3121 said:

"Jill Jones has been released from the hospital. She is thankful to the medical staff that provided treatment during this health emergency. As she returns home for recovery she will respond to fans soon"...

Jill Monroe

I'm so glad she is doing much better. I really enjoyed partying with her last New Years Eve...

C.B.

[Edited 2/26/18 13:06pm]

thank you for the updates, sincerely glad she's ok.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 02/26/18 2:40pm

purplefam99

PeteSilas said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

"Jill Jones has been released from the hospital. She is thankful to the medical staff that provided treatment during this health emergency. As she returns home for recovery she will respond to fans soon"...

Jill Monroe

I'm so glad she is doing much better. I really enjoyed partying with her last New Years Eve...

C.B.

[Edited 2/26/18 13:06pm]

thank you for the updates, sincerely glad she's ok.

what pete said!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 02/26/18 4:23pm

Strawberrylova
123

OldFriends4Sale said:



Strawberrylova123 said:


A friend of mine said she had a severe asthma attack while having the flu, doctor's are monitoring her heart right now. She is doing fine 💜❤❤


Thanks 4 the update




🙏🙏🙏
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 02/26/18 4:32pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Thanks for the update. Speedy recovery Jill Jones rose

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 02/26/18 4:45pm

cloveringold85

avatar

PeteSilas said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Someone said that she dyed her hair blonde just for Prince. wink

.

I don't know if her parents are still living, but her Mother is also Native-American and her Dad is/was Italian--he was a jazz drummer, so she probably had a lot in commont with Prince's musical background. Prince seemed to go for the mixed girls. lol

.

I never knew she worked with Teena Marie as back-up singer and I think she lived with her for a while.

.

I guess she never married.

she recently guessed that Prince got his "My dads black and my ma's italian" from her that he used in the early 80's after he met her. which of course was a bald faced lie and one that persisted with the not-so-hardcore fans for many, many years. the blonde hair was nice and she did resemble marilyn but she also had her very own look.

[Edited 2/26/18 14:35pm]

.

Not sure why Prince would do that; maybe to sound more unique, who knows!

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 02/26/18 4:46pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

cloveringold85 said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

JJ has always been appreciated and talked up on this site

This person is turning into a huge TROLL

Hell I've done threads on her time in Prince's camp and outside

.

Yea, I don't get the harsh comments -- I'd say 99.9% of the people here speak only kind words about Jill. Jill does have a tendency to bitch and moan a lot, and that's probably why people get upset with her. I'm sure we do that with our own families, LOL lol

.

That said, you can still have genuine concern for someone even if they do irritate you; I mean, the same could be said about Prince! lol

.

At the end of the day; LOVE conquers all. prince yes

Yeah the only time people went after her pre April 2016 was when she said some fdup things about Prince. But overall very positive things during her time in the Prince camp.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 02/26/18 4:54pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Yea, I don't get the harsh comments -- I'd say 99.9% of the people here speak only kind words about Jill. Jill does have a tendency to bitch and moan a lot, and that's probably why people get upset with her. I'm sure we do that with our own families, LOL lol

.

That said, you can still have genuine concern for someone even if they do irritate you; I mean, the same could be said about Prince! lol

.

At the end of the day; LOVE conquers all. prince yes

Yeah the only time people went after her pre April 2016 was when she said some fdup things about Prince. But overall very positive things during her time in the Prince camp.

.

She was hurt, and that is understandable. And, even more so since he passed. sad

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 02/26/18 4:58pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Prince & JIll Jones era (1987-1989)

http://prince.org/msg/7/450951

tumblr_ogjxlzj87F1qad6fwo3_250.gif

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 02/26/18 6:18pm

Susu1976

CatB said:



purplethunder3121 said:




CatB said:





That's true, this flu's a real bitch. Thank you kindly for the well wishes. Please take good care of yourselves, everyone.




It is! Taking longer than usual to recover...so be careful and take it slow! Hope you get better soon...and everyone else who has it.





Yeah, it's been almost 2 weeks now. I have to fly on Thursday... hope I'll be okay by then. Thank you and stay safe.



sad Ugh, flying is the worst if you're having a slight cold.... but a flu...hell no. I frequently fly long distances as in sometimes 12,5 hrs on a damn plane and if I wasn't sick when I got on the plane I sure was a day after I got out. Speedy recovery and take it easy as people have said. It's those lingering secondary symptoms that always get people in trouble because they hurry back to normal things.
Speedy recovery for Jill!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 02/26/18 6:20pm

PeteSilas

cloveringold85 said:

PeteSilas said:

she recently guessed that Prince got his "My dads black and my ma's italian" from her that he used in the early 80's after he met her. which of course was a bald faced lie and one that persisted with the not-so-hardcore fans for many, many years. the blonde hair was nice and she did resemble marilyn but she also had her very own look.

[Edited 2/26/18 14:35pm]

.

Not sure why Prince would do that; maybe to sound more unique, who knows!

who knows, i came up with 2 things 1. he wanted to pander to white people to build a bigger crossover audience 2. he liked to f with journalists because they used to twist his words. Jill didn't say that he got the idea from her, only that she wondered it to herself because it was shortly after they started working together. He stole ideas whenever he felt like it artistically so it's not a stretch.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 02/26/18 7:31pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

PeteSilas said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

"Jill Jones has been released from the hospital. She is thankful to the medical staff that provided treatment during this health emergency. As she returns home for recovery she will respond to fans soon"...

Jill Monroe

I'm so glad she is doing much better. I really enjoyed partying with her last New Years Eve...

C.B.

[Edited 2/26/18 13:06pm]

thank you for the updates, sincerely glad she's ok.

Great news thumbs up!

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 02/27/18 1:48am

CatB

Susu1976 said:

CatB said:



Yeah, it's been almost 2 weeks now. I have to fly on Thursday... hope I'll be okay by then. Thank you and stay safe.


sad Ugh, flying is the worst if you're having a slight cold.... but a flu...hell no. I frequently fly long distances as in sometimes 12,5 hrs on a damn plane and if I wasn't sick when I got on the plane I sure was a day after I got out. Speedy recovery and take it easy as people have said. It's those lingering secondary symptoms that always get people in trouble because they hurry back to normal things. Speedy recovery for Jill!



I know and I'm dreading the trip, thank God it's only 2 hours. True what you say about the secondary symptoms. Thanks for the well wishes.


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 02/27/18 5:10pm

loveandkindnes
s

CatB said:

Susu1976 said:

CatB said: sad Ugh, flying is the worst if you're having a slight cold.... but a flu...hell no. I frequently fly long distances as in sometimes 12,5 hrs on a damn plane and if I wasn't sick when I got on the plane I sure was a day after I got out. Speedy recovery and take it easy as people have said. It's those lingering secondary symptoms that always get people in trouble because they hurry back to normal things. Speedy recovery for Jill!



I know and I'm dreading the trip, thank God it's only 2 hours. True what you say about the secondary symptoms. Thanks for the well wishes.


hugs and love Jill, speedy recovery..however take your time ...take your time...take your time... nothing is more important than a healthy YOU. loveandkindness your way

Loveandkindness
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 02/27/18 5:18pm

babynoz

Strawberrylova123 said:

A friend of mine said she had a severe asthma attack while having the flu, doctor's are monitoring her heart right now. She is doing fine 💜❤❤




Thanks.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 02/27/18 8:18pm

pinkcashmere23

babynoz said:

Strawberrylova123 said:

A friend of mine said she had a severe asthma attack while having the flu, doctor's are monitoring her heart right now. She is doing fine 💜❤❤




Thanks.

Yes,thanks for the update.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 02/27/18 8:52pm

ChocolateBox31
21

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done RJP1205 rolleyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 02/27/18 9:29pm

AnnaStesia10

avatar

Luv 2 U Jill Jones! You are a tough and loved woman I know you are gonna be alright. 💜👼
"A strong spirit transcends rules." - Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 02/28/18 2:56am

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

love jill

check out f*** you til youre groovy - so good!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 02/28/18 12:13pm

Dibblekins

Chin up, girl!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 02/28/18 6:07pm

Purplebflogirl

Get well soon Jill.
Until the end of time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 03/02/18 6:24am

andrewm7

get well soon Jill Jones
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 03/02/18 4:18pm

JoeyC

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

Let the thread be focused on good energy not more bickering and judgement



Exactly ! Gosh damn...! disbelief


Jill, get well soon !!

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 03/11/18 10:08pm

MonaLiza

cloveringold85 said:



PeteSilas said:




malbena said:


cloveringold85 said: lol lol

she was (is) a beauty, marlyn monroe look, i never even knew she was black until a few years ago. I always loved her pouty lips and eyes, i could see why Prince fell for her.



.


Someone said that she dyed her hair blonde just for Prince. wink


.


I don't know if her parents are still living, but her Mother is also Native-American and her Dad is/was Italian--he was a jazz drummer, so she probably had a lot in commont with Prince's musical background. Prince seemed to go for the mixed girls. lol


.


I never knew she worked with Teena Marie as back-up singer and I think she lived with her for a while.


.


I guess she never married.





So cool she dyed her hair blonde for P if it's true! I dyed my hair blonde for her 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 03/12/18 11:58am

cloveringold85

avatar

MonaLiza said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Someone said that she dyed her hair blonde just for Prince. wink

.

I don't know if her parents are still living, but her Mother is also Native-American and her Dad is/was Italian--he was a jazz drummer, so she probably had a lot in commont with Prince's musical background. Prince seemed to go for the mixed girls. lol

.

I never knew she worked with Teena Marie as back-up singer and I think she lived with her for a while.

.

I guess she never married.

So cool she dyed her hair blonde for P if it's true! I dyed my hair blonde for her 💜

.

Prince admired Marilyn Monroe, and he told JJ to dye her hair blonde. How could you say no? lol

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 03/13/18 3:07am

MonaLiza

cloveringold85 said:



MonaLiza said:


cloveringold85 said:


.


Someone said that she dyed her hair blonde just for Prince. wink


.


I don't know if her parents are still living, but her Mother is also Native-American and her Dad is/was Italian--he was a jazz drummer, so she probably had a lot in commont with Prince's musical background. Prince seemed to go for the mixed girls. lol


.


I never knew she worked with Teena Marie as back-up singer and I think she lived with her for a while.


.


I guess she never married.





So cool she dyed her hair blonde for P if it's true! I dyed my hair blonde for her 💜

.


Prince admired Marilyn Monroe, and he told JJ to dye her hair blonde. How could you say no? lol


Marilyn was hot 💜
Jill too, girl-crush material 💜💜💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 03/13/18 11:48am

cloveringold85

avatar

MonaLiza said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Prince admired Marilyn Monroe, and he told JJ to dye her hair blonde. How could you say no? lol

Marilyn was hot 💜 Jill too, girl-crush material 💜💜💜

.

Blonde Bombshell. kiss

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Get Well Jill Jones(Health UPDATE)