independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 24th Jan 2020 9:36pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Tyka says Prince would have been fine with Timberlake's tribute...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 02/07/18 5:36pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

And I guess Prince would've been 'fine' with his music on Youtube and Spotify too?

.

Not the same thing. Putting music on YT and Spotify is entirely different than what they did at that half-time show.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 02/07/18 5:41pm

cloveringold85

avatar

Inline image 1

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 02/08/18 12:56am

toots

avatar

From what I understand his brother didn't want to have P hologram done with JT...that is how I thought this fiasco started.i saw a story for a brief sec on Yahoo news feed about it...I saw clips and thought it was done with good taste...so what he sang under his voice track...many fans do agree it was done in respect...
Smurf theme song-seriously how many fucking "La Las" can u fit into a dam song wall
Proud Wendy and Lisa Fancy Lesbian asskisser thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 02/08/18 3:08am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

cloveringold85 said:



OperatingThetan said:


And I guess Prince would've been 'fine' with his music on Youtube and Spotify too?

.


Not the same thing. Putting music on YT and Spotify is entirely different than what they did at that half-time show.




It is different, yes, but is still something Prince openly advised against repeatedly in the last year of his life, and was done by the Estate shortly after his passing. My suggestion is that it set a precedent.

I'm concerned myself about how Prince's voice and image may be used, particularly in the area of 'duets', however tasteful or well-intentioned. If the Estate were 'testing the water', hopefully they now have reason to pause and reconsider.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 02/08/18 7:34am

laurarichardso
n

OperatingThetan said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Not the same thing. Putting music on YT and Spotify is entirely different than what they did at that half-time show.

It is different, yes, but is still something Prince openly advised against repeatedly in the last year of his life, and was done by the Estate shortly after his passing. My suggestion is that it set a precedent. I'm concerned myself about how Prince's voice and image may be used, particularly in the area of 'duets', however tasteful or well-intentioned. If the Estate were 'testing the water', hopefully they now have reason to pause and reconsider.

I hope they learned their lesson from this as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 02/08/18 9:38am

thesoulbrother

avatar

laurarichardson said:

undergroundFUNK said:

TrivialPursuit said: 100% agree with you and I watched Prince sit and watch his own tributes at award shows where others sang his songs in tribute to him and with footage of him in the background.

I guess you did notice the cringe of his face on some of those performances?

.

BOOM!!! bomb

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 02/08/18 10:25am

KoolEaze

avatar

I couldn´t care less what Tyka, the media, Timberlake or hardcore Prince fans say.

My personal opinion is that Justin Timberlake can go fuck himself.

First for his cowardly reaction after that nipplegate incident, and then for dissing Prince twice...dedicating a whole verse to dissing Prince when all Prince did was to say "Sexy never left." ....and then for making fun of Prince´s height when he picked up Prince´s award.

That´s all I really need to know to have my opinion, regardless of how long ago the disrespect happened.

It´s sad that Janet´s career had to suffer in the aftermath of nipplegate while Justin´s career seemed not to be affected at all.

And then they have the nerve to invite him again ?

His performance sucked big time, even without the tribute.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 02/08/18 11:36am

laurarichardso
n

KoolEaze said:

I couldn´t care less what Tyka, the media, Timberlake or hardcore Prince fans say.

My personal opinion is that Justin Timberlake can go fuck himself.

First for his cowardly reaction after that nipplegate incident, and then for dissing Prince twice...dedicating a whole verse to dissing Prince when all Prince did was to say "Sexy never left." ....and then for making fun of Prince´s height when he picked up Prince´s award.

That´s all I really need to know to have my opinion, regardless of how long ago the disrespect happened.

It´s sad that Janet´s career had to suffer in the aftermath of nipplegate while Justin´s career seemed not to be affected at all.

And then they have the nerve to invite him again ?

His performance sucked big time, even without the tribute.

Co-sign but Karma is a bitch.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 02/08/18 12:12pm

Vashtix

laurarichardson said:



KoolEaze said:


I couldn´t care less what Tyka, the media, Timberlake or hardcore Prince fans say.


My personal opinion is that Justin Timberlake can go fuck himself.


First for his cowardly reaction after that nipplegate incident, and then for dissing Prince twice...dedicating a whole verse to dissing Prince when all Prince did was to say "Sexy never left." ....and then for making fun of Prince´s height when he picked up Prince´s award.


That´s all I really need to know to have my opinion, regardless of how long ago the disrespect happened.


It´s sad that Janet´s career had to suffer in the aftermath of nipplegate while Justin´s career seemed not to be affected at all.


And then they have the nerve to invite him again ?


His performance sucked big time, even without the tribute.



Co-sign but Karma is a bitch.


He is,feeling it and trying hard to get good,publicitybdor it. IT was lame
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 02/08/18 1:01pm

cloveringold85

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

Not the same thing. Putting music on YT and Spotify is entirely different than what they did at that half-time show.

It is different, yes, but is still something Prince openly advised against repeatedly in the last year of his life, and was done by the Estate shortly after his passing. My suggestion is that it set a precedent. I'm concerned myself about how Prince's voice and image may be used, particularly in the area of 'duets', however tasteful or well-intentioned. If the Estate were 'testing the water', hopefully they now have reason to pause and reconsider.

.

What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.......was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad

.

I am very concerned of what is yet to come.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 02/08/18 1:06pm

cloveringold85

avatar

KoolEaze said:

I couldn´t care less what Tyka, the media, Timberlake or hardcore Prince fans say.

My personal opinion is that Justin Timberlake can go fuck himself.

First for his cowardly reaction after that nipplegate incident, and then for dissing Prince twice...dedicating a whole verse to dissing Prince when all Prince did was to say "Sexy never left." ....and then for making fun of Prince´s height when he picked up Prince´s award.

That´s all I really need to know to have my opinion, regardless of how long ago the disrespect happened.

It´s sad that Janet´s career had to suffer in the aftermath of nipplegate while Justin´s career seemed not to be affected at all.

And then they have the nerve to invite him again ?

His performance sucked big time, even without the tribute.

.

Well said. I feel the same way. They know damn well that Prince would not be cool with any of this.

.

Justin is getting a lot of backlash and that is to be expected when you are going to pay tribute to a Legend like Prince.

.

I think they were trying to see how far they could push Prince fans. They found out that was a poor choice.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 02/08/18 1:49pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

cloveringold85 said:



OperatingThetan said:


cloveringold85 said:


.


Not the same thing. Putting music on YT and Spotify is entirely different than what they did at that half-time show.




It is different, yes, but is still something Prince openly advised against repeatedly in the last year of his life, and was done by the Estate shortly after his passing. My suggestion is that it set a precedent. I'm concerned myself about how Prince's voice and image may be used, particularly in the area of 'duets', however tasteful or well-intentioned. If the Estate were 'testing the water', hopefully they now have reason to pause and reconsider.

.


What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.....was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad


.


I am very concerned of what is yet to come.






I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons.

1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain.

2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely.

3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram.

4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug.

5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible.


Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 02/08/18 2:36pm

morningsong

EmmaMcG said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.......was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad

.

I am very concerned of what is yet to come.

I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons. 1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain. 2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely. 3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram. 4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug. 5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible. Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.



I think your 1st points sum everything up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 02/08/18 3:44pm

cloveringold85

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.......was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad

.

I am very concerned of what is yet to come.

I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons. 1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain. 2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely. 3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram. 4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug. 5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible. Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.

.

We will probably never know if it was planned or not.

.

JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.

.

Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.

.

360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.

.

I just hope this never happens to Prince....... eek

.

https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 02/08/18 3:47pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

cloveringold85 said:

EmmaMcG said:

cloveringold85 said: I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons. 1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain. 2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely. 3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram. 4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug. 5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible. Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.

.

We will probably never know if it was planned or not.

.

JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.

.

Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.

.

360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.

.

I just hope this never happens to Prince....... eek

.

https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg

eek eek eek Let's all pray that THIS won't happen to him.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 02/08/18 4:02pm

cloveringold85

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

We will probably never know if it was planned or not.

.

JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.

.

Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.

.

360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.

.

I just hope this never happens to Prince....... eek

.

https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg

eek eek eek Let's all pray that THIS won't happen to him.

.

That is just WRONG!! mad

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 02/08/18 6:45pm

benni

avatar

What about something like this?




It's not a holograph, but rather a screen projecting Elvis, with the band on stage supporting the video.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 02/09/18 2:32am

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

benni said:

What about something like this?




It's not a holograph, but rather a screen projecting Elvis, with the band on stage supporting the video.



The Estate are already doing this at an arena concert as part of this years Celebration in April.

The management of Paisley also run Graceland. At the O2 in London both the Prince and Elvis exhibitions were adjoining each other and their respective merchandise shops were split down the middle in the same space.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 02/09/18 5:10am

rogifan

cloveringold85 said:



EmmaMcG said:


cloveringold85 said:


.


What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.....was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad


.


I am very concerned of what is yet to come.






I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons. 1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain. 2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely. 3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram. 4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug. 5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible. Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.

.


We will probably never know if it was planned or not.


.


JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.


.


Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.


.


360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.


.


I just hope this never happens to Prince..... eek


.


https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg





According to everything I’ve read the people in charge of the halftime show did work with the siblings and Estate and got their approval.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 02/09/18 11:24am

cloveringold85

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

benni said:

What about something like this?




It's not a holograph, but rather a screen projecting Elvis, with the band on stage supporting the video.

The Estate are already doing this at an arena concert as part of this years Celebration in April. The management of Paisley also run Graceland. At the O2 in London both the Prince and Elvis exhibitions were adjoining each other and their respective merchandise shops were split down the middle in the same space.

.

This just does not give me a good feeling. I don't think Prince would want this.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 02/09/18 11:28am

cloveringold85

avatar

rogifan said:

cloveringold85 said:

.

We will probably never know if it was planned or not.

.

JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.

.

Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.

.

360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.

.

I just hope this never happens to Prince....... eek

.

https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg

According to everything I’ve read the people in charge of the halftime show did work with the siblings and Estate and got their approval.

.

I've read several articles on the Hologram fiasco, and I don't know what to think. Tyka said she knew about the song IWD4U, but did not know about his image being on a screen. Here are a couple of articles......

.

http://www.vulture.com/20...ogram.html

.

.....If you believe “Page Six,” the hologram was very real, and scrapped at the eleventh hour. “He was 100 percent ready to use the hologram but nixed it due to backlash from social media and Prince fans. That’s why he had that sheet up like in your mama’s backyard,” an insider told the gossip site. If you instead believe “a source close to Timberlake,” also quoted by “Page Six,” the hologram never existed: “There’s no way Justin would ever disrespect Prince’s legacy. He didn’t change his performance.” Since TMZ abandoned their original report, that leaves only “Page Six” still standing by the rumor.

.

https://www.billboard.com...projection

.

The fact that Justin or the SB are not disputing the allegations.......seems suspicious to me.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 02/09/18 2:54pm

TonyVanDam

TrivialPursuit said:

donnyenglish said:

We don't have to wonder what Tyka, me, you or anyone else thinks about what Prince would have thought about the performance. Prince spoke on this exact topic himself and said that he did not want to perform with any other artists after he passed. He called it demonic. Justin performed I Would Die 4 U with Prince. There is really nothing to extrapolate. With that said, I think everyone is being hard on Justin. It is not like he meant to do harm to Prince or his fans. His intentions were probably positive, but Prince and his fans have a different standard.


1) you took Prince's comment way out of the spirit of the conversation it was mentioned in;

2) you don't speak for all fans, not by a long shot. It's the problem with most Prince fans - they think they know Prince the best and everyone else is a devil if they don't agree.


I strongly agree with only THAT^ statement. Donny does not speak for all Prince fans. But you do not speak for all Prince fans neither. And besides, you totally missed what Donny was hinting at.

Tyka Nelson sold out [yes I said it!!!] by giving whoever put Justin Timberlake up to this Prince-hologram idea her blessing. Donny is absolutely right for point out that Prince was against the idea of using holograms to "bring back the dead" and Prince would have NEVER approved of the Prince-hologram, regardless if it was religious/spiritual OR professional reasons.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 02/09/18 2:55pm

TonyVanDam

bondno9 said:

I just want to know where was the RESPECT when Prince was ALIVE! People dissed him left and right ... and now they want to do TRIBUTES???? Where was the LOVE when he could hear and see it??? NO WHERE to be found ... and now that he's dead people want to atone themselves for the crappy way they treated him ... he can't hear or see the tributes ... did anyone tell him THANK YOU when he was alive ... NOPE! But but he would be "fine" ... No wonder he didn't like posthumous tributes because he knew they were FAKE


Exactly. And also, how come Prince and Justin never got together to make peace face to face?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 02/09/18 5:28pm

laurarichardso
n

rogifan said:

cloveringold85 said:



EmmaMcG said:


cloveringold85 said:


.


What I am upset about is the fact that no one is setting the record straight in regards to the hologram.....was it or was it NOT planned? I'm not cool with people jerking Prince fans around! mad


.


I am very concerned of what is yet to come.






I'm inclined to believe that there was never a hologram planned for a number of reasons. 1. That technology is very expensive so I doubt that they'd be willing to shelve such a plan at the last minute and let that money go down the drain. 2. Knowing his personal feelings on holograms, I don't think his immediate family would sign off on such a plan. Having an artist he may not have liked perform a tribute is one thing but going directly against his wishes for something that wouldn't generate much income for them is another thing entirely. 3. One of the organisers for the half time show confirmed there was never a plan in place for a hologram. 4. Having Prince's image displayed on a sheet for 20 seconds is OK but I doubt Justin Timberlake would want a hologram because it would have to be a bigger part of the show to justify the expense and would therefore cut into JTs time and I don't think he would want to give up that much airtime to a hologram of Prince when he has his own album to plug. 5. Most importantly, it was a 360 degree performance and holograms don't work in these kinds of performances. The technology, as impressive as it can seem, is just not there yet to have a fully 3D holographic performance so even if they wanted it, it would have been impossible. Those reasons are enough for me to believe that there was never a hologram planned.

.


We will probably never know if it was planned or not.


.


JT's tribute to Prince was a measly 1-minute long, so it doesn't look like much planning was put into it at all.


.


Prince's family/estate has no say in the matter. UMG are the one's responsible for Prince's image being used.


.


360 degree holograms are used all the time. They are used in area's all the time at sporting events and concerts.


.


I just hope this never happens to Prince..... eek


.


https://www.youtube.com/w...f_4LLbj7zg





According to everything I’ve read the people in charge of the halftime show did work with the siblings and Estate and got their approval.

Comerica, Troy and the fam approved it. Just a bad move and I hope they learned from it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 02/09/18 8:17pm

pinkcashmere23

Prince's former assistant Ruth Arzate posted on Twitter that Prince didn't have beef with Justin and that she felt that it was okay for Justin to have his party at PP but that Prince would more than likely not approve of a hologram and Justin doing a duet with it.In a recent podcast Dr.Funkenberry talked a bit about the Golden Globes and the party that Prince had afterwards.From what Dr.F said,Ruth was pretty upset with Justin for mocking Prince's height and confronted him at the door as Justin was getting ready to enter the party.He said that she asked him if he liked coming to Prince's parties and that Justin told her that he did and that his were the best.Ruth told Justin that if he did anything like that again that she would make sure his ex girlfriend Cameron Diaz would be at every party,to which Justin became apologetic,asking her not to do that and then he said she let him go into the party.It sounds like Prince wasn't angry enough to ban Justin from his parties but Ruth wanted to mess with him a bit.It probably at least made him think about what he did and hopefully he apologized privately.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 02/10/18 10:25am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

TonyVanDam said:


I strongly agree with only THAT^ statement. Donny does not speak for all Prince fans. But you do not speak for all Prince fans neither.



That's the difference. I never said I did.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 02/10/18 11:44am

TheEquilizer

laurarichardson said:

rogifan said:
According to everything I’ve read the people in charge of the halftime show did work with the siblings and Estate and got their approval.
Comerica, Troy and the fam approved it. Just a bad move and I hope they learned from it.

In the words of Flava Flav, Don't Believe The Hype! The fam wasn't aware of anything other than the licensing of the song for use during the halftime performance, not how it was to be used, just that JT would be performing it. LR, you shouldn't confirm as fact what you really don't know.

[Edited 2/10/18 11:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 02/10/18 1:24pm

cloveringold85

avatar

TonyVanDam said:

TrivialPursuit said:


1) you took Prince's comment way out of the spirit of the conversation it was mentioned in;

2) you don't speak for all fans, not by a long shot. It's the problem with most Prince fans - they think they know Prince the best and everyone else is a devil if they don't agree.


I strongly agree with only THAT^ statement. Donny does not speak for all Prince fans. But you do not speak for all Prince fans neither. And besides, you totally missed what Donny was hinting at.

Tyka Nelson sold out [yes I said it!!!] by giving whoever put Justin Timberlake up to this Prince-hologram idea her blessing. Donny is absolutely right for point out that Prince was against the idea of using holograms to "bring back the dead" and Prince would have NEVER approved of the Prince-hologram, regardless if it was religious/spiritual OR professional reasons.


.

Tony, that is very true! Prince would not be pleased with any of this. He specifically said he did not want his image in a hologram and someone singing a duet with him when he is gone. They are not honoring his wishes, at all. JT said his tribute to Prince was the "Ultimate".....yes, it was the ultimate slap in the face to the legend, PRINCE!!

.

JT even said that MJ was his favorite all-time performer, so now it's Prince? He's so full of it. JT sold his soul to the devil for fame and fortune. He did everything that Prince would NEVER do!!

.

Shame on them!! mad

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 02/10/18 1:26pm

cloveringold85

avatar

TonyVanDam said:

bondno9 said:

I just want to know where was the RESPECT when Prince was ALIVE! People dissed him left and right ... and now they want to do TRIBUTES???? Where was the LOVE when he could hear and see it??? NO WHERE to be found ... and now that he's dead people want to atone themselves for the crappy way they treated him ... he can't hear or see the tributes ... did anyone tell him THANK YOU when he was alive ... NOPE! But but he would be "fine" ... No wonder he didn't like posthumous tributes because he knew they were FAKE


Exactly. And also, how come Prince and Justin never got together to make peace face to face?

.

Because Prince never cared for JT. There was only one PRINCE, and neither JT or anyone else will ever be able to walk in his shoes.

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 02/10/18 1:29pm

cloveringold85

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

Prince's former assistant Ruth Arzate posted on Twitter that Prince didn't have beef with Justin and that she felt that it was okay for Justin to have his party at PP but that Prince would more than likely not approve of a hologram and Justin doing a duet with it.In a recent podcast Dr.Funkenberry talked a bit about the Golden Globes and the party that Prince had afterwards.From what Dr.F said,Ruth was pretty upset with Justin for mocking Prince's height and confronted him at the door as Justin was getting ready to enter the party.He said that she asked him if he liked coming to Prince's parties and that Justin told her that he did and that his were the best.Ruth told Justin that if he did anything like that again that she would make sure his ex girlfriend Cameron Diaz would be at every party,to which Justin became apologetic,asking her not to do that and then he said she let him go into the party.It sounds like Prince wasn't angry enough to ban Justin from his parties but Ruth wanted to mess with him a bit.It probably at least made him think about what he did and hopefully he apologized privately.

.

How dare JT have his listening party at PP. He was not a friend of Prince. I don't know about any of y'all, but I don't invite people whom I deem of poor character, to come into MY house!! No way, Jose!!

mad

"With love, honor, and respect for every living thing in the universe, separation ceases, and we all become one being, singing one song." - Prince Roger Nelson (1958-2016)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Tyka says Prince would have been fine with Timberlake's tribute...