independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Oh my... the new New Power Soul?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 09/24/17 4:07pm

BillieBalloon

laurarichardson said:



BillieBalloon said:


Strawberrylova123 said:
She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy

Shes telling us to keep it classy and she posts about P trying to bed her. Erm..ok... . [Edited 9/24/17 15:07pm] [Edited 9/24/17 15:49pm]

Well we know from Mayte he was running around with M2 and others. So it is not a newsflash however, it seems like she is saying I was almost a side piece so I know best.




Shes the one taking the high road in her post, telling us how saintly she is and that we should do as she says and that she turned down the opportunity to be Princes side piece. Like shes some kind of divine being. Adults dont like being patronised and told off like theyre naughty children.

.
[Edited 9/24/17 16:10pm]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 09/24/17 4:12pm

laurarichardso
n

He ran around with a lot of women that is what he liked to do. It is probaly true and is not a big deal. Should she have kept it to herself sure as it as nothing to do with some impersonator butching his music.

Sinatra had mob buddies and this is a fact.

purplerabbithole said:

the problem with a reputation is that it precedes you. Now any opportunist can claim he did this and people will assume it is true based just on a person's word. Sinatra's mobster reputation was exagerrated due to this kind of B.S. People have since disproved a handful of the more crazy Sinatra mafia stories thankfully.

CORRECTION--if she worked with him in 2006/2007 during the 3121 and London Gigs (early posts indicate this) , he was a single man at the time. Maybe she is talking about him hitting on her at that time. I do apologize to P up in heaven if that is what she is referring to, but I still think its BS she even mentioned it.

BillieBalloon said:

Strawberrylova123 said: You see by posting that she is throwing up questions about it because we all know P was married at the time. She has thrown him under the bus and tells us we are the ones being ungodly by not supporting her group.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:34pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:37pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 09/24/17 4:18pm

BillieBalloon

I dont care what saint Marva says.
If I want to hear a Prince song ill listen to Prince singing it, not a Vegas impersonator. Thats what he wanted, and that's what I will do.
.
[Edited 9/24/17 16:19pm]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 09/24/17 4:27pm

purplerabbitho
le

Yes, Sinatra had mob buddies but he didn't smuggle 2 million dollars in small bills on his person (which makes no technical sense) to Lucky Luciano, or throw a dude out of a plane, or stick a gun to Tommy Dorsey's head or ask a mobster to kill his son's kidnappers. That stuff has been discredited with pretty solid evidence. THe truth matters more than a reputation does. The degrees of guilt should count.

laurarichardson said:

He ran around with a lot of women that is what he liked to do. It is probaly true and is not a big deal. Should she have kept it to herself sure as it as nothing to do with some impersonator butching his music.

Sinatra had mob buddies and this is a fact.

purplerabbithole said:

the problem with a reputation is that it precedes you. Now any opportunist can claim he did this and people will assume it is true based just on a person's word. Sinatra's mobster reputation was exagerrated due to this kind of B.S. People have since disproved a handful of the more crazy Sinatra mafia stories thankfully.

CORRECTION--if she worked with him in 2006/2007 during the 3121 and London Gigs (early posts indicate this) , he was a single man at the time. Maybe she is talking about him hitting on her at that time. I do apologize to P up in heaven if that is what she is referring to, but I still think its BS she even mentioned it.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:34pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:37pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 16:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 16:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 09/24/17 4:32pm

SoulAlive

Cat Glover is pissed...she comments on Omar's new fake NPS band

Image may contain: text

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 09/24/17 5:05pm

laurarichardso
n

Frank did not stick a gun to Tommy's head his mob buddies did. I also bet the discrediting was done by the mob they do not want a civilian taking credit for their work.

said:

Yes, Sinatra had mob buddies but he didn't smuggle 2 million dollars in small bills on his person (which makes no technical sense) to Lucky Luciano, or throw a dude out of a plane, or stick a gun to Tommy Dorsey's head or ask a mobster to kill his son's kidnappers. That stuff has been discredited with pretty solid evidence. THe truth matters more than a reputation does. The degrees of guilt should count.

laurarichardson said:

He ran around with a lot of women that is what he liked to do. It is probaly true and is not a big deal. Should she have kept it to herself sure as it as nothing to do with some impersonator butching his music.

Sinatra had mob buddies and this is a fact.

[Edited 9/24/17 16:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 16:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 09/24/17 5:25pm

rogifan

So out of that long post all people focus on is one line about declining a romantic involvement with Prince. And now this thread will be/is totally derailed as all people here seem to be interested about is women and who he was/wasn’t screwing. rolleyes
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 09/24/17 5:27pm

rogifan

purplerabbithole said:

Its crass but she might be referring to her later gigs with Prince during 2006/2007. I just read about other times she worked with him. He was single man at that time. I am starting her remember her and her afros from that period.


She was around during the 3121 era and the London O2 residency. I think she also performed with him at Coachella.

Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 09/24/17 5:28pm

laurarichardso
n

No her whole post was equally ridculous.

rogifan said:

So out of that long post all people focus on is one line about declining a romantic involvement with Prince. And now this thread will be/is totally derailed as all people here seem to be interested about is women and who he was/wasn’t screwing. rolleyes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 09/24/17 5:32pm

rogifan

SoulAlive said:[quote]

Cat Glover is pissed...she comments on Omar's new fake NPS band



Image may contain: text

Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 09/24/17 5:40pm

Strawberrylova
123

rogifan said:

So out of that long post all people focus on is one line about declining a romantic involvement with Prince. And now this thread will be/is totally derailed as all people here seem to be interested about is women and who he was/wasn’t screwing. rolleyes

We are talking about because why did she have to bring it up.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 09/24/17 6:15pm

Mumio

avatar

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 09/24/17 6:43pm

purplerabbitho
le

I just meant he had nothing to do with hiring mobsters to threaten Tommy D in the way the Godfather depicts . When FS was trying to get out of his contract with Tommy, there was a musicians union strike that was putting the screws to people like Tommy and FS hired the lawyer who represented the musicans on strike, he also was willing to pay Tommy $60,000. If Tommy was really feeling threatened by mobsters, would it have gotten to musician strike lawyers and buy-outs by FS. Plus, he worked with Tommy years later. The closest thing to a threat from the mafia was when two of Frank's handlers took it on theirselves (according to them anyhow) to threaten Tommy on the street using two over-sized college students. Tommy, who was a tough bastard, didn't buy that it was a real threat and the guys buckled and eventually asked for autographs. There were some scary phone calls at his house however, but he kept ignoring them.

I forgot the biggest lie....

As for FS getting his role in From Here to Eternity due to mafia threats, that's the biggest bullshit story of his career. No one involved in the situation claimed they were threatened. Mario Puzo basically made it up for the Godfather and even he admitted years later that he had done so but people still believe to this day that Frank got his role that way. The reality is that Frank used Ava's influence on the Columbia studio head, he auditioned and got the role because he was authentically Italian (unlike Eli Wallach who was also up for the role) and because he was willing to be work for scale..(literally, 8000 dollars was all he made for that role.)

laurarichardson said:

Frank did not stick a gun to Tommy's head his mob buddies did. I also bet the discrediting was done by the mob they do not want a civilian taking credit for their work.

said:

Yes, Sinatra had mob buddies but he didn't smuggle 2 million dollars in small bills on his person (which makes no technical sense) to Lucky Luciano, or throw a dude out of a plane, or stick a gun to Tommy Dorsey's head or ask a mobster to kill his son's kidnappers. That stuff has been discredited with pretty solid evidence. THe truth matters more than a reputation does. The degrees of guilt should count.

[Edited 9/24/17 16:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 16:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 09/24/17 6:54pm

purplerabbitho
le

That's insulting as hell. Mark Anthony is good looking dude who does resemble prince but his posting that picture with that stupid ass statement is just him being an Eve Harrington.

I miss Prince's shade in times like these. He could throw it down much like Margo Channing.

Image result for eve harrington

Mumio said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZYmT-UjPok/?taken-by=princerevelation


shake disbelief

[Edited 9/24/17 18:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 09/24/17 6:59pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Related image

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 09/24/17 7:02pm

purplerabbitho
le

God, I love that damn movie. Its like a cautionary tale against impersonators.

Bette and Prince are like soul mates in my mind..Big eyes, tiny frame, style and attitude for days.

purplethunder3121 said:

Related image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 09/24/17 7:24pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

Strawberrylova123 said:

rogifan said:
So out of that long post all people focus on is one line about declining a romantic involvement with Prince. And now this thread will be/is totally derailed as all people here seem to be interested about is women and who he was/wasn’t screwing. rolleyes
We are talking about because why did she have to bring it up.

Exactly.

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 09/24/17 7:30pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

BillieBalloon said:

MMJas said:

Agree. That part was just soooo crass...

Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse

falloff

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 09/24/17 8:48pm

sharpieheartz

Jesus. We don't want books. We don't want fun facts. We don't care what his favorite color was. We want music. What is this extra and unnecessary shit?
No more peace and quiet, I wonder Y...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 09/24/17 9:33pm

ChanGirl

No. No no no. Take your triflin' band and get gone. Prince can never be imitated nor duplicated. He lives ! Lives in my heart, my mind, and my soul - forever and ever amen.

You know Prince wasn't no damn drug addict !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 09/24/17 11:44pm

Linda1974

avatar

BillieBalloon said:

I dont care what saint Marva says. If I want to hear a Prince song ill listen to Prince singing it, not a Vegas impersonator. Thats what he wanted, and that's what I will do. . [Edited 9/24/17 16:19pm]

yeahthat

.

.

And there is other great music, why listen to covers by an impersonator bored2

[Edited 9/24/17 23:45pm]

Forever in My Life....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 09/25/17 2:26am

MMJas

avatar

BillieBalloon said:

MMJas said:

Agree. That part was just soooo crass...

Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse

She's throwing that in for good measure. To me it sounds crass and the whole post is self important, arrogant and preachy.

The thing that upsets me the most is that all these people seem to be "at war" somehow, making up all these different factions:

those who worked with him in the later years and that for the most part are keeping quiet except for this or that person, those who truly want to honour him but whose intentions are getting dilluted in this whole mess, those who worked for him in the early days and feel they are entitled to something, those who are exploting his image, those who want us to know exactly how close they were to Prince in a kind of tug of war game, those who were remotely associated with him and keep reminding everyone about it, those who had no relationship whatsoever but swear they did and those who wish they were him and are now getting their own slice of the purple pie. Which brings me back on topic: this cover band is a disgrace, imo. It remains to be seen what the reaction of the fans will be. The casual fans will probably find this amusing and a good opportunity to keep the legacy alive and have no problem whatsoever with having someone wearing Prince, the costume.

[Edited 9/25/17 2:28am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 09/25/17 4:14am

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

MMJas said:



BillieBalloon said:


MMJas said:



Agree. That part was just soooo crass...



Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse


She's throwing that in for good measure. To me it sounds crass and the whole post is self important, arrogant and preachy.


The thing that upsets me the most is that all these people seem to be "at war" somehow, making up all these different factions:


those who worked with him in the later years and that for the most part are keeping quiet except for this or that person, those who truly want to honour him but whose intentions are getting dilluted in this whole mess, those who worked for him in the early days and feel they are entitled to something, those who are exploting his image, those who want us to know exactly how close they were to Prince in a kind of tug of war game, those who were remotely associated with him and keep reminding everyone about it, those who had no relationship whatsoever but swear they did and those who wish they were him and are now getting their own slice of the purple pie. Which brings me back on topic: this cover band is a disgrace, imo. It remains to be seen what the reaction of the fans will be. The casual fans will probably find this amusing and a good opportunity to keep the legacy alive and have no problem whatsoever with having someone wearing Prince, the costume.


[Edited 9/25/17 2:28am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 09/25/17 4:23am

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

MMJas said:



BillieBalloon said:


MMJas said:



Agree. That part was just soooo crass...



Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse


She's throwing that in for good measure. To me it sounds crass and the whole post is self important, arrogant and preachy.


The thing that upsets me the most is that all these people seem to be "at war" somehow, making up all these different factions:


those who worked with him in the later years and that for the most part are keeping quiet except for this or that person, those who truly want to honour him but whose intentions are getting dilluted in this whole mess, those who worked for him in the early days and feel they are entitled to something, those who are exploting his image, those who want us to know exactly how close they were to Prince in a kind of tug of war game, those who were remotely associated with him and keep reminding everyone about it, those who had no relationship whatsoever but swear they did and those who wish they were him and are now getting their own slice of the purple pie. Which brings me back on topic: this cover band is a disgrace, imo. It remains to be seen what the reaction of the fans will be. The casual fans will probably find this amusing and a good opportunity to keep the legacy alive and have no problem whatsoever with having someone wearing Prince, the costume.


[Edited 9/25/17 2:28am]






These people all remind me of all those people I knew who peaked in high school...big star of the football team goes on to sell insurance, and can never stop talking about what a big star he was in high school...for the rest of his life...for the giant percentage of these people, prince was obviously their peak, regardless of how long or how much they contributed, so they have to keep it going because nothing they will ever do again will compare to the high of being included in the Prince world. It is interesting how many of the past associates have not moved on, very very strong magnetic thing prince had...still has...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 09/25/17 4:28am

laurarichardso
n

Belive what you want to believe. Just like when Mia Farrow said that Frank asked her if she wanted to have Woody Allen's legs broken when he ran off with their adopted daugther. I guess she was making that up.

purplerabbithole said:

I just meant he had nothing to do with hiring mobsters to threaten Tommy D in the way the Godfather depicts . When FS was trying to get out of his contract with Tommy, there was a musicians union strike that was putting the screws to people like Tommy and FS hired the lawyer who represented the musicans on strike, he also was willing to pay Tommy $60,000. If Tommy was really feeling threatened by mobsters, would it have gotten to musician strike lawyers and buy-outs by FS. Plus, he worked with Tommy years later. The closest thing to a threat from the mafia was when two of Frank's handlers took it on theirselves (according to them anyhow) to threaten Tommy on the street using two over-sized college students. Tommy, who was a tough bastard, didn't buy that it was a real threat and the guys buckled and eventually asked for autographs. There were some scary phone calls at his house however, but he kept ignoring them.

I forgot the biggest lie....

As for FS getting his role in From Here to Eternity due to mafia threats, that's the biggest bullshit story of his career. No one involved in the situation claimed they were threatened. Mario Puzo basically made it up for the Godfather and even he admitted years later that he had done so but people still believe to this day that Frank got his role that way. The reality is that Frank used Ava's influence on the Columbia studio head, he auditioned and got the role because he was authentically Italian (unlike Eli Wallach who was also up for the role) and because he was willing to be work for scale..(literally, 8000 dollars was all he made for that role.)

laurarichardson said:

Frank did not stick a gun to Tommy's head his mob buddies did. I also bet the discrediting was done by the mob they do not want a civilian taking credit for their work.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 09/25/17 4:31am

laurarichardso
n

I hope he is lip synching his singing is horrid.

Mumio said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZYmT-UjPok/?taken-by=princerevelation


shake disbelief

[Edited 9/24/17 18:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 09/25/17 4:44am

PennyPurple

avatar

All Marva accomplished in her post was to alienate P's fans even more. Why Omarr would want to get a fake Prince band together is beyond me. Maybe he really doesn't understand the loyality P's fans have.


Omarr should've helped promote the winner of the Battle of the Bands, instead of this cartoon of a band.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 09/25/17 4:45am

rogifan

Strawberrylova123 said:

rogifan said:

So out of that long post all people focus on is one line about declining a romantic involvement with Prince. And now this thread will be/is totally derailed as all people here seem to be interested about is women and who he was/wasn’t screwing. rolleyes

We are talking about because why did she have to bring it up.

I don’t know why she brought it up but the whole post wasn’t about that. Some just want to turn every thread into a drug or women thread.

I take the same view as a Funkenberry on this. I’m not a fan of them recording an album of Prince covers. I think it should only be new music and I will wait to hear that before judging it. If they do live shows and throw a couple Prince songs in the set I don’t care. But if it’s just bad Prince karaoke I’ll be the first to call it out. I hated the Bruno Mars tribute at the Grammys because I thought it was bad karaoke. Don’t go there Omarr.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 09/25/17 5:03am

laurarichardso
n

PennyPurple said:

All Marva accomplished in her post was to alienate P's fans even more. Why Omarr would want to get a fake Prince band together is beyond me. Maybe he really doesn't understand the loyality P's fans have.


Omarr should've helped promote the winner of the Battle of the Bands, instead of this cartoon of a band.

That what I want to know. I watched some of Back Alley's stuff on YOUTUBE. They are pretty good but a band like them is not going to get a major deal. Going with an independent company would be great. I think Omarr is missing a good opportunity with this group.

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 09/25/17 6:01am

MMJas

avatar

rogifan said:

Strawberrylova123 said:
We are talking about because why did she have to bring it up.
I don’t know why she brought it up but the whole post wasn’t about that. Some just want to turn every thread into a drug or women thread. I take the same view as a Funkenberry on this. I’m not a fan of them recording an album of Prince covers. I think it should only be new music and I will wait to hear that before judging it. If they do live shows and throw a couple Prince songs in the set I don’t care. But if it’s just bad Prince karaoke I’ll be the first to call it out. I hated the Bruno Mars tribute at the Grammys because I thought it was bad karaoke. Don’t go there Omarr.

But in all honesty, what do you expect from a guy who makes a living pretending to be Prince? Do you serioulsy believe there will be an ounce of originality in this band? The choice for the lead part was a terrible mistake because it makes it look like a Vegas act.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Oh my... the new New Power Soul?