independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Oh my... the new New Power Soul?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/24/17 2:31pm

MMJas

avatar

No need to fight, there's pie for everyone!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/24/17 2:35pm

BillieBalloon

So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm..

Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 09/24/17 2:36pm

BillieBalloon

MMJas said:

No need to fight, there's pie for everyone!



Looks like sock pie from what i can see.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 09/24/17 2:36pm

MMJas

avatar

BillieBalloon said:

So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

Agree. That part was just soooo crass...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 09/24/17 2:44pm

Strawberrylova
123

purplerabbithole said:

That is an absolutely irritating post.



I don't know this woman or that impersonater, or Prince or any of these folks, and I do think personal attacks that have nothing to do with people's actions are off base. But is she kidding? No one should speak out against any one of his associates or people he chose to hang with because he wouldn't want that due to his strong faith in love etc???? Really, so if someone decides to spit on his legacy and make him look like a caricature, fans are not allowed to be disgusted? To be honest, I am not angry at the lead singer dude (I sincerely keep forgetting his name). I hate the look he was going for and I dislike his profession but I doubt he means any harm. ITs a job to him. He has no personal obligation to Prince. Its his brother and to a lesser extent, Marva who irritate the fvck out of me here. Marva wanted the band to begin with and Omarr agreed to it. She says they knew him so no decisions they make in regards to him should be criticized. She tries to pull a guilt trip on fans here and then even tried to self aggrandize herself by saying that Prince thought she was the cat's meow and tried to date her...Really lady? Even if all that stuff were true, this ain't fucking about her. It would be more about her if she were doing original work. But if one choses to do Prince covers, it is still about Prince and his legacy. She assumes that P being up in heaven means he wouldn't care about his legacy. How the fvck would she or anyone else know what P cares or doesn't care about... All we can go by is what is good for legacy...and in terms of his legacy, this choice looks pretty ridiculous. Impersonators ruined Elvis Presley's image for a really long time by making him look like a lounge show caricature..Is that what they want for Prince? Impersonaters are fine for comedy or for small markets like Vegas, but recorded music with an impersonator looks like a commerical attempt to replace the original (like a bunch of Eve Ardens) I also sincerly dislike the preachiness of his post. I wonder if she was praying for P when he was lying alone fixating on popping a pill at 2 am on April 21, 2016.



For all means, defend your decision, Marva, and speak out against truely hateful speech but don't think you or anyone else in prince's purple army or family are above approach just because you were lucky enough to be in Prince's circle. There are lots of talented people out there.





Strawberrylova123 said:


Marva King: Hello my Family, Thank God for his Grace in presence, and that He is delivering me from strife. I am Proud and Honored to say that I am a pert of a very talented, humble, fun and God fearing group of musicians. We spent approx 1 week recording an entire 12 track CD laughing, reminiscing, showing love & gratitude.
Some of us like myself for being Blessed to have worked & shared music on a high spirited level. I am also thankful to have been a close friend, confidant, singer, sometimes cook, praise and worship mate in Jesus name, as well as a voice of reason to Prince Rogers Nelson.
Others in the newly formed NPS marvelled to simply be in the dwelling that Prince built, made magical music, spawned innovative ideas, phrases and perpetuated statements like "LOVE 4 ONE ANOTHER." (A quote from the Bible).This is the epitome of success in God's Eye. P wanted this for everyone. Despite any attacks, disagreements & even acts of hatred against him, he continued on as the Soldier King he was birthed to be.
What he despised most was the mob -like mentality attacks that were Never productive. Only venomous. Such a testament to his strength and determination.. Many of u that participated in such attacks are probably the 1st to testify the Eternal Love for him.
If U Truly knew his Spiritual purpose, U would not be launching attacks against his blood family who have Every right , moreso than Anyone else active in continuing or "capitalizing" from the Successful Prince legacy.
Tell me...Who IS the Judge here? WHO is even the Jury? Prince resides in the Spirit world. A realm that inhabit God's creatures.
For those that are upset with our male lead who has had success as a Prince music performer should realize that Prince also associated himself with this performer while here on Planet Earth. So what makes U feel it ok to speak in a derogatory manner to or about him? Do U think Prince would approve of your actions against him and his youngest blood brother that he told to carry on with his legacy and fight the good fight in his name?
Prince told me many times that he loved Me for my honesty, strength, fearlessness, passionate love for all mankind. He asked me more than once to represent him the artist and Paisley Park. The latter was stated in front of New Power Generation members in a round table meeting at Paisley. Though flattering I declined the positions as I did any romantic involvement with my dear friend.
In time his words to me were " I know that U Truly love me." I was Always compelled to show Prince Rogers Nelson Agape Love.
I will continue to do so. All that truly have love in their hearts for 1 another will show it with brotherly and sisterly love. Remember.. God lives inside of us all. We have a piece of His DNA, so U must love Self in order to Love anyone else.
Peace & Blessings. MK 1f49c.png💜1f49c.png💜1f49c.png💜
& The New Power Soul!!!!




[Edited 9/24/17 14:18pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 14:22pm]


Marva king was a part of prince's band in 1998 during the new power soul era, she is on the come on video.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 09/24/17 2:45pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Strawberrylova123 said:

Marva King: Hello my Family, Thank God for his Grace in presence, and that He is delivering me from strife. I am Proud and Honored to say that I am a pert of a very talented, humble, fun and God fearing group of musicians. We spent approx 1 week recording an entire 12 track CD laughing, reminiscing, showing love & gratitude.
Some of us like myself for being Blessed to have worked & shared music on a high spirited level. I am also thankful to have been a close friend, confidant, singer, sometimes cook, praise and worship mate in Jesus name, as well as a voice of reason to Prince Rogers Nelson.
Others in the newly formed NPS marvelled to simply be in the dwelling that Prince built, made magical music, spawned innovative ideas, phrases and perpetuated statements like "LOVE 4 ONE ANOTHER." (A quote from the Bible).This is the epitome of success in God's Eye. P wanted this for everyone. Despite any attacks, disagreements & even acts of hatred against him, he continued on as the Soldier King he was birthed to be.
What he despised most was the mob -like mentality attacks that were Never productive. Only venomous. Such a testament to his strength and determination.. Many of u that participated in such attacks are probably the 1st to testify the Eternal Love for him.
If U Truly knew his Spiritual purpose, U would not be launching attacks against his blood family who have Every right , moreso than Anyone else active in continuing or "capitalizing" from the Successful Prince legacy.
Tell me...Who IS the Judge here? WHO is even the Jury? Prince resides in the Spirit world. A realm that inhabit God's creatures.
For those that are upset with our male lead who has had success as a Prince music performer should realize that Prince also associated himself with this performer while here on Planet Earth. So what makes U feel it ok to speak in a derogatory manner to or about him? Do U think Prince would approve of your actions against him and his youngest blood brother that he told to carry on with his legacy and fight the good fight in his name?
Prince told me many times that he loved Me for my honesty, strength, fearlessness, passionate love for all mankind. He asked me more than once to represent him the artist and Paisley Park. The latter was stated in front of New Power Generation members in a round table meeting at Paisley. Though flattering I declined the positions as I did any romantic involvement with my dear friend.
In time his words to me were " I know that U Truly love me." I was Always compelled to show Prince Rogers Nelson Agape Love.
I will continue to do so. All that truly have love in their hearts for 1 another will show it with brotherly and sisterly love. Remember.. God lives inside of us all. We have a piece of His DNA, so U must love Self in order to Love anyone else.
Peace & Blessings. MK 💜💜💜
& The New Power Soul!!!!





Come on, not irritating, but super funny...step 1-add a butt ton of weird religious language...step 2- fan shame the only people that would spend even 1 second contemplating your group...step 3-make sure we know how ultra important you and Omar were to prince...step 4-make sure we know prince wanted to bone you...stir it all up...and you still got a really bad stupid idea...praise the lord...I mean NO!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 09/24/17 2:49pm

Strawberrylova
123

BillieBalloon said:

So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm..

Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

And he was married to mayte during this time smh...
... sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 09/24/17 2:54pm

BillieBalloon

MMJas said:



BillieBalloon said:


So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol


Agree. That part was just soooo crass...



Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 09/24/17 2:54pm

Strawberrylova
123

BillieBalloon said:

MMJas said:



BillieBalloon said:


So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol


Agree. That part was just soooo crass...



Is she saying we should buy this because Prince wanted her in his purple bed? confuse


lol lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 09/24/17 2:55pm

BillieBalloon

Strawberrylova123 said:

BillieBalloon said:

So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm..

Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

And he was married to mayte during this time smh...
... sad



Yep.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/24/17 2:57pm

purplerabbitho
le

I know who she is. I saw her perform with P on Jay Leno. That doesn't mean she can post stupid insulting peachy bullshit like that. I bet she was swearing a blue streak under her breath while she was wrting that B.S. I usually give associates a great deal of leeway but I am so tired of the associates who act self important like she just did. I think many of his associates to some degree or another have done something of that nature. but most of them have also balanced their self interest with consideration and respect for his legacy. She is not only self important in this post; she is manipulative and crass. This post is the worst I have seen in terms of manipulative and self important posts. "He tried to hit on me and briefly employed me so I can shit all over his legacy if I want to". I personally would like to live in a world in the next 20 years in which Prince's music is respected and not a joke, sabotaged by employees who are too clueless to realize when they doing more harm than good to the man's legacy. Maybe I am just mad because I liked Omarr and I thought she was pretty cool at one point and a band fronted by an impersonater getting a record contract offends me as a fan.

Like I said, some things said about their lead singer were below the belt and unncessary. And if she had defended him based on that notion than I would not be irritated.. I wonder if she realizes how ridiculous a post like hers is.

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

That is an absolutely irritating post.

I don't know this woman or that impersonater, or Prince or any of these folks, and I do think personal attacks that have nothing to do with people's actions are off base. But is she kidding? No one should speak out against any one of his associates or people he chose to hang with because he wouldn't want that due to his strong faith in love etc???? Really, so if someone decides to spit on his legacy and make him look like a caricature, fans are not allowed to be disgusted? To be honest, I am not angry at the lead singer dude (I sincerely keep forgetting his name). I hate the look he was going for and I dislike his profession but I doubt he means any harm. ITs a job to him. He has no personal obligation to Prince. Its his brother and to a lesser extent, Marva who irritate the fvck out of me here. Marva wanted the band to begin with and Omarr agreed to it. She says they knew him so no decisions they make in regards to him should be criticized. She tries to pull a guilt trip on fans here and then even tried to self aggrandize herself by saying that Prince thought she was the cat's meow and tried to date her...Really lady? Even if all that stuff were true, this ain't fucking about her. It would be more about her if she were doing original work. But if one choses to do Prince covers, it is still about Prince and his legacy. She assumes that P being up in heaven means he wouldn't care about his legacy. How the fvck would she or anyone else know what P cares or doesn't care about... All we can go by is what is good for legacy...and in terms of his legacy, this choice looks pretty ridiculous. Impersonators ruined Elvis Presley's image for a really long time by making him look like a lounge show caricature..Is that what they want for Prince? Impersonaters are fine for comedy or for small markets like Vegas, but recorded music with an impersonator looks like a commerical attempt to replace the original (like a bunch of Eve Ardens) I also sincerly dislike the preachiness of his post. I wonder if she was praying for P when he was lying alone fixating on popping a pill at 2 am on April 21, 2016.

For all means, defend your decision, Marva, and speak out against truely hateful speech but don't think you or anyone else in prince's purple army or family are above approach just because you were lucky enough to be in Prince's circle. There are lots of talented people out there.

[Edited 9/24/17 14:18pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 14:22pm]

Marva king was a part of prince's band in 1998 during the new power soul era, she is on the come on video.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:05pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/24/17 3:00pm

purplerabbitho
le

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.

Strawberrylova123 said:

BillieBalloon said:
So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol
And he was married to mayte during this time smh... ... sad

[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:38pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/24/17 3:04pm

Strawberrylova
123

purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.



Strawberrylova123 said:


BillieBalloon said:
So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

And he was married to mayte during this time smh... ... sad

[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]


She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 09/24/17 3:05pm

BillieBalloon

It looks like that Comeon video is more complex than we thought! Lots going on behind the scenes, hey Marva.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 09/24/17 3:07pm

BillieBalloon

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.



Strawberrylova123 said:


BillieBalloon said:
So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

And he was married to mayte during this time smh... ... sad

[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]


She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy



Shes telling us to keep it classy and she posts about P trying to bed her.

Erm..ok...

.
[Edited 9/24/17 15:07pm]
[Edited 9/24/17 15:49pm]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 09/24/17 3:09pm

purplerabbitho
le

I don't even assume she is telling the truth. I am starting to think half of the "objects of his affection" are lying. She didn't whore herself out but she pimped the fvck out of him.

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]

She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 09/24/17 3:09pm

Strawberrylova
123

BillieBalloon said:

Strawberrylova123 said:


She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy



Shes telling us to keep it classy and she posts about a married man trying to bed her.

Erm..ok...

.
[Edited 9/24/17 15:07pm]

It's sickening
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 09/24/17 3:11pm

Strawberrylova
123

purplerabbithole said:

I don't even assume she is telling the truth. I am starting to think half of the "objects of his affection" are lying. She didn't whore herself out but she pimped the fvck out of him.







Strawberrylova123 said:


purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.



[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]



She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy


I dont think she's lying at all because prince had a habit with doing this, my point is as a woman i would have never posted that a married man tried to hit on me romantically..not classy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 09/24/17 3:19pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Tell the 'lead singer' to take the double socks out of his crotch, and the other dude to put his shoes on the right foot.

If they want to be a new group, they can get their own songs.



This is f'n BS.

Strawberrylova123 said:

Marva King: Hello my Family, Thank God for his Grace in presence, and that He is delivering me from strife. I am Proud and Honored to say that I am a pert of a very talented, humble, fun and God fearing group of musicians. We spent approx 1 week recording an entire 12 track CD laughing, reminiscing, showing love & gratitude.
Some of us like myself for being Blessed to have worked & shared music on a high spirited level. I am also thankful to have been a close friend, confidant, singer, sometimes cook, praise and worship mate in Jesus name, as well as a voice of reason to Prince Rogers Nelson.
Others in the newly formed NPS marvelled to simply be in the dwelling that Prince built, made magical music, spawned innovative ideas, phrases and perpetuated statements like "LOVE 4 ONE ANOTHER." (A quote from the Bible).This is the epitome of success in God's Eye. P wanted this for everyone. Despite any attacks, disagreements & even acts of hatred against him, he continued on as the Soldier King he was birthed to be.
What he despised most was the mob -like mentality attacks that were Never productive. Only venomous. Such a testament to his strength and determination.. Many of u that participated in such attacks are probably the 1st to testify the Eternal Love for him.
If U Truly knew his Spiritual purpose, U would not be launching attacks against his blood family who have Every right , moreso than Anyone else active in continuing or "capitalizing" from the Successful Prince legacy.
Tell me...Who IS the Judge here? WHO is even the Jury? Prince resides in the Spirit world. A realm that inhabit God's creatures.
For those that are upset with our male lead who has had success as a Prince music performer should realize that Prince also associated himself with this performer while here on Planet Earth. So what makes U feel it ok to speak in a derogatory manner to or about him? Do U think Prince would approve of your actions against him and his youngest blood brother that he told to carry on with his legacy and fight the good fight in his name?
Prince told me many times that he loved Me for my honesty, strength, fearlessness, passionate love for all mankind. He asked me more than once to represent him the artist and Paisley Park. The latter was stated in front of New Power Generation members in a round table meeting at Paisley. Though flattering I declined the positions as I did any romantic involvement with my dear friend.
In time his words to me were " I know that U Truly love me." I was Always compelled to show Prince Rogers Nelson Agape Love.
I will continue to do so. All that truly have love in their hearts for 1 another will show it with brotherly and sisterly love. Remember.. God lives inside of us all. We have a piece of His DNA, so U must love Self in order to Love anyone else.
Peace & Blessings. MK 💜💜💜
& The New Power Soul!!!!

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 09/24/17 3:20pm

BillieBalloon

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

I don't even assume she is telling the truth. I am starting to think half of the "objects of his affection" are lying. She didn't whore herself out but she pimped the fvck out of him.







Strawberrylova123 said:


purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.



[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]



She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy


I dont think she's lying at all because prince had a habit with doing this, my point is as a woman i would have never posted that a married man tried to hit on me romantically..not classy



You see by posting that she is throwing up questions about it because we all know P was married at the time. She has thrown him under the bus and tells us we are the ones being ungodly by not supporting her group.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 09/24/17 3:27pm

purplerabbitho
le

the problem with a reputation is that it precedes you. Now any opportunist can claim he did this and people will assume it is true based just on a person's word. Sinatra's mobster reputation was exagerrated due to this kind of B.S. People have since disproved a handful of the more crazy Sinatra mafia stories thankfully.

CORRECTION--if she worked with him in 2006/2007 during the 3121 and London Gigs (early posts indicate this) , he was a single man at the time. Maybe she is talking about him hitting on her at that time. I do apologize to P up in heaven if that is what she is referring to, but I still think its BS she even mentioned it.

BillieBalloon said:

Strawberrylova123 said:
I dont think she's lying at all because prince had a habit with doing this, my point is as a woman i would have never posted that a married man tried to hit on me romantically..not classy
You see by posting that she is throwing up questions about it because we all know P was married at the time. She has thrown him under the bus and tells us we are the ones being ungodly by not supporting her group.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:29pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:34pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:37pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 09/24/17 3:39pm

BillieBalloon

purplerabbithole said:

the problem with a reputation is that it proceeds you. Now any opportunist can claim he did this and people will assume it is true based just on a person's word. Sinatra's mobster reputation was exagerrated due to this kind of B.S. People have since disproved a handful of the more crazy Sinatra mafia stories thankfully.





BillieBalloon said:


Strawberrylova123 said:
I dont think she's lying at all because prince had a habit with doing this, my point is as a woman i would have never posted that a married man tried to hit on me romantically..not classy

You see by posting that she is throwing up questions about it because we all know P was married at the time. She has thrown him under the bus and tells us we are the ones being ungodly by not supporting her group.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:29pm]




Some people will believe her because of his reputation, others wont. The fact is, shes raised the question in peoples minds. Now, unless she clarifies what she meant it will remain out there. I doubt she will even address again it as she wants us to think P was romantically interested in her otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Shes trying to elevate herself in Princes legacy so we should put her on a pedestal because shes saying that he did.
[Edited 9/24/17 15:42pm]
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 09/24/17 3:40pm

purplerabbitho
le

We got to cool our heels here. I just read that Marva performed with him during 3121 and the 07 London gigs. Its possible he could have hit on her then. And in a way, him hitting on a black woman closer to his age, wouldn't be a bad thing. That being said, she still was crass in bringing it up.

Strawberrylova123 said:

BillieBalloon said:
So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol
And he was married to mayte during this time smh... ... sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 09/24/17 3:41pm

purplerabbitho
le

He could have hit on her in 2006/2007.

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

That's right. Marva strikes again in this post with her head up her ass. Prince is full of love but I can spit on his legacy and be yet another person to depict him the least faithful and horniest man who walked the face of the earth just so I can look good and defend my exploitation of the man.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:01pm]

She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 09/24/17 3:43pm

purplerabbitho
le

Its crass but she might be referring to her later gigs with Prince during 2006/2007. I just read about other times she worked with him. He was single man at that time. I am starting her remember her and her afros from that period.

BillieBalloon said:

purplerabbithole said:

the problem with a reputation is that it proceeds you. Now any opportunist can claim he did this and people will assume it is true based just on a person's word. Sinatra's mobster reputation was exagerrated due to this kind of B.S. People have since disproved a handful of the more crazy Sinatra mafia stories thankfully.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:29pm]

Some people will believe her because of his reputation, others wont. The fact is, shes raised the question in peoples minds. Now, unless she clarifies what she meant it will remain out there. I doubt she will even address again it as she wants us to think P was romantically interested in her otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. Shes trying to elevate herself in Princes legacy so we should put her on a pedestal because shes saying that he did. [Edited 9/24/17 15:42pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 15:45pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 09/24/17 3:44pm

Asenath0607

Her post is all well and good; she's entitled to her opinion but we are also, and it seems like a weird, bad, creepy idea. She's correct, name calling isn't necessary so let me go back and edit a post I made.

Strawberrylova123 said:

purplerabbithole said:

That is an absolutely irritating post.

I don't know this woman or that impersonater, or Prince or any of these folks, and I do think personal attacks that have nothing to do with people's actions are off base. But is she kidding? No one should speak out against any one of his associates or people he chose to hang with because he wouldn't want that due to his strong faith in love etc???? Really, so if someone decides to spit on his legacy and make him look like a caricature, fans are not allowed to be disgusted? To be honest, I am not angry at the lead singer dude (I sincerely keep forgetting his name). I hate the look he was going for and I dislike his profession but I doubt he means any harm. ITs a job to him. He has no personal obligation to Prince. Its his brother and to a lesser extent, Marva who irritate the fvck out of me here. Marva wanted the band to begin with and Omarr agreed to it. She says they knew him so no decisions they make in regards to him should be criticized. She tries to pull a guilt trip on fans here and then even tried to self aggrandize herself by saying that Prince thought she was the cat's meow and tried to date her...Really lady? Even if all that stuff were true, this ain't fucking about her. It would be more about her if she were doing original work. But if one choses to do Prince covers, it is still about Prince and his legacy. She assumes that P being up in heaven means he wouldn't care about his legacy. How the fvck would she or anyone else know what P cares or doesn't care about... All we can go by is what is good for legacy...and in terms of his legacy, this choice looks pretty ridiculous. Impersonators ruined Elvis Presley's image for a really long time by making him look like a lounge show caricature..Is that what they want for Prince? Impersonaters are fine for comedy or for small markets like Vegas, but recorded music with an impersonator looks like a commerical attempt to replace the original (like a bunch of Eve Ardens) I also sincerly dislike the preachiness of his post. I wonder if she was praying for P when he was lying alone fixating on popping a pill at 2 am on April 21, 2016.

For all means, defend your decision, Marva, and speak out against truely hateful speech but don't think you or anyone else in prince's purple army or family are above approach just because you were lucky enough to be in Prince's circle. There are lots of talented people out there.

[Edited 9/24/17 14:18pm]

[Edited 9/24/17 14:22pm]

Marva king was a part of prince's band in 1998 during the new power soul era, she is on the come on video.

[Edited 9/24/17 15:51pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 09/24/17 3:45pm

BillieBalloon

purplerabbithole said:

We got to cool our heels here. I just read that Marva performed with him during 3121 and the 07 London gigs. Its possible he could have hit on her then. And in a way, him hitting on a black woman closer to his age, wouldn't be a bad thing. That being said, she still was crass in bringing it up.





Strawberrylova123 said:


BillieBalloon said:
So Prince tried to date Marva and she declined. Hmmm.. Why did she feel the need to tell us this? Defend your tribute act but spare us the sexy time insinuatios lol

And he was married to mayte during this time smh... ... sad



She first worked with him in 97/98 when he was married.

The fact that shes left it vague with no timeline doesnt help her cause.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 09/24/17 3:48pm

purplerabbitho
le

It helps his cause though...LOL. the work with P in 1998 was shorter presumably than the work with P in 2006 and 2007...and he told her to grow her fro out during that time. She recently grew it out again for P supposedly...(her facebook, I stalked it...okay, I am shameless.)

Really I would love if her post was just a misunderstanding or her emotions getting the best of her. I am still pissed at the post, but the 2006/2007 stuff does change some of it.

BillieBalloon said:

purplerabbithole said:

We got to cool our heels here. I just read that Marva performed with him during 3121 and the 07 London gigs. Its possible he could have hit on her then. And in a way, him hitting on a black woman closer to his age, wouldn't be a bad thing. That being said, she still was crass in bringing it up.

She first worked with him in 97/98 when he was married. The fact that shes left it vague with no timeline doesnt help her cause.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 09/24/17 3:56pm

laurarichardso
n

BillieBalloon said:

Strawberrylova123 said:
She knew he was married i would never have posted that neutral not classy
Shes telling us to keep it classy and she posts about P trying to bed her. Erm..ok... . [Edited 9/24/17 15:07pm] [Edited 9/24/17 15:49pm]

Well we know from Mayte he was running around with M2 and others. So it is not a newsflash however, it seems like she is saying I was almost a side piece so I know best.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 09/24/17 3:57pm

BillieBalloon

purplerabbithole said:

It helps his cause though...LOL. the work with P in 1998 was shorter presumably than the work with P in 2006 and 2007...and he told her to grow her fro out during that time. She recently grew it out again for P supposedly...(her facebook, I stalked it...okay, I am shameless.)



Really I would love if her post was just a misunderstanding or her emotions getting the best of her. I am still pissed at the post, but the 2006/2007 stuff does change some of it.





BillieBalloon said:


purplerabbithole said:

We got to cool our heels here. I just read that Marva performed with him during 3121 and the 07 London gigs. Its possible he could have hit on her then. And in a way, him hitting on a black woman closer to his age, wouldn't be a bad thing. That being said, she still was crass in bringing it up.






She first worked with him in 97/98 when he was married. The fact that shes left it vague with no timeline doesnt help her cause.




At the end of the day including that part about P hitting on her and her turning him down was unnecessary and not the kind of thing you should tell about a person you proclaim to love.

The " I turned him down" line just comes across as arrogant and cold from someone who was his friend.
Baby, you're a star.

Meet me in another world, space and joy
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Oh my... the new New Power Soul?