independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Article - Wait!’: Lisa Coleman on why The Revolution wants a say in what gets released from Prince’s vault
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 5 <12345
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 08/14/17 7:57pm

Zannaloaf

PennyPurple said:

I don't think that anybody from any era of the bands should have a say on anything, related to the vault. They are over stepping their bounds.

You overstep bounds in every post you make. Yet you persist.
You should have no say on anything related to people who actually knew Prince folowing your own logic.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 08/15/17 4:43am

PennyPurple

avatar

Zannaloaf said:

PennyPurple said:

I don't think that anybody from any era of the bands should have a say on anything, related to the vault. They are over stepping their bounds.

You overstep bounds in every post you make. Yet you persist.
You should have no say on anything related to people who actually knew Prince folowing your own logic.

? What is your f'n deal with me? Every post I make here you are following me around. lol lol I am under the impression that this is a discussion board. You know...where things get discussed. Every single one of us on this forum have our own opinions, (just like you Wendy). Stop trying to control mine. I'll say what I want.



A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 08/15/17 4:46am

laurarichardso
n

1Sasha said:

I saw The Revolution Saturday night, and they were sensational. Because no one knows exactly what is in the vault - at least the public doesn't know - it would only seem fair that The Revolution participate in the organization and curation of their work with Prince. I wish Susan Rogers would handle the project for the entire body of his work, but I can dream, can't I?

Susan should handle the work that she was around for and that is it. Prince worked with a few other engineers for a whille after she left and they should be consulted.

Because the Revolution is go on stage has nothing to do with their studio skills. Even Susan said she got out of engineering and her skills her from the analog days.

You also do not want one group of people sucking up all the money from the estate. Spread the responsiblitites around so no one gets a big head. We already are seeing it with the Revolution banning people from Paisley Park a studio they did not even spend a lot of time in and the Londell stituation should be a lesson about what happens when you do not solicit bids and offers from a wide selection of candidates. I still question what experience Londell had with estate management in the first place and who he was working with at UMG when he put that deal together.

[Edited 8/15/17 4:52am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 08/15/17 4:53am

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:

donnyenglish said:

In 30 years, Prince never invited the Revolution to record or play live at Paisley Park. Now, they want to have a say with the releases? And the lies that Wendy wrote the opening of Purple Rain when she could barely play the guitar at the time and Fink wrote the iconic woo woo woo woo at the end of Purple Rain is offensive. The Revolution era was a cool period. Like all other eras it had good aspects and bad. My opinion is they were a good image band but was his most robotic and stiff band by far. Stop overstating your influence. Stay in your lane.

Yes he did. In 1999

But what does that have to do with having a say in music released when she / they were with Prince?
That is a no brainer. Joshua Welton can work on stuff from the PR Deluxe? But not Lisa Coleman? LOL come on.
It should be that way with the various NPG formations and 3rd Eye Girl

One time in 30 years WTF does that tell you?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 08/15/17 5:47am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Yes he did. In 1999

But what does that have to do with having a say in music released when she / they were with Prince?
That is a no brainer. Joshua Welton can work on stuff from the PR Deluxe? But not Lisa Coleman? LOL come on.
It should be that way with the various NPG formations and 3rd Eye Girl

One time in 30 years WTF does that tell you?

Doesn't tell me anything outside of Prince fought against his past.
He was still friends with all of them. He had Wendy, and Wendy & Lisa (and Susannah) perform on stage with him (in 1988) and between 2004-2007 Bobby Z in 2011

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 08/15/17 5:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

morningsong said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I just want the music.
I would prefer the people in the camp during the energy of the vision/music be involved for each period 1978-2016

But I just want the music more music
I need it




We all do. But next we'll have another 14 different lawyers involved on every single song, everybody vying for equal time and equal space. It was so much easier when there was just one massive ego that squashed all the others. We were happy.


If the WB albums and band members work together

and Universal and the bands after work together it would be much easier.

I doubt there would be much issue with the 1978-1987 people in that most of them were in that same period and most are still friends.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 08/15/17 7:39am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

1Sasha said:

I saw The Revolution Saturday night, and they were sensational. Because no one knows exactly what is in the vault - at least the public doesn't know - it would only seem fair that The Revolution participate in the organization and curation of their work with Prince. I wish Susan Rogers would handle the project for the entire body of his work, but I can dream, can't I?

Susan should handle the work that she was around for and that is it. Prince worked with a few other engineers for a whille after she left and they should be consulted.

Because the Revolution is go on stage has nothing to do with their studio skills. Even Susan said she got out of engineering and her skills her from the analog days.

You also do not want one group of people sucking up all the money from the estate. Spread the responsiblitites around so no one gets a big head. We already are seeing it with the Revolution banning people from Paisley Park a studio they did not even spend a lot of time in and the Londell stituation should be a lesson about what happens when you do not solicit bids and offers from a wide selection of candidates. I still question what experience Londell had with estate management in the first place and who he was working with at UMG when he put that deal together.

[Edited 8/15/17 4:52am]


Who said they banned people from Paisley Park Studios?
according to what was posted by Jill they allegedly did not want any altercation/interaction with her during the time of the celebrations. It had nothing to do with Paisley Park.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 08/15/17 10:13am

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:



laurarichardson said:




1Sasha said:


I saw The Revolution Saturday night, and they were sensational. Because no one knows exactly what is in the vault - at least the public doesn't know - it would only seem fair that The Revolution participate in the organization and curation of their work with Prince. I wish Susan Rogers would handle the project for the entire body of his work, but I can dream, can't I?



Susan should handle the work that she was around for and that is it. Prince worked with a few other engineers for a whille after she left and they should be consulted.



Because the Revolution is go on stage has nothing to do with their studio skills. Even Susan said she got out of engineering and her skills her from the analog days.



You also do not want one group of people sucking up all the money from the estate. Spread the responsiblitites around so no one gets a big head. We already are seeing it with the Revolution banning people from Paisley Park a studio they did not even spend a lot of time in and the Londell stituation should be a lesson about what happens when you do not solicit bids and offers from a wide selection of candidates. I still question what experience Londell had with estate management in the first place and who he was working with at UMG when he put that deal together.




[Edited 8/15/17 4:52am]





Who said they banned people from Paisley Park Studios?
according to what was posted by Jill they allegedly did not want any altercation/interaction with her during the time of the celebrations. It had nothing to do with Paisley Park.




If Jill was not allowed in the building that day she was banned. Your buddies were behind it so just accept that they are credit stealing and petty.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 08/15/17 10:51am

toots

avatar

Maybe you should stop finger pointing and ask Jill herself it was prolly one of his family members or a staff member of PP instead of one of The Revolution member smh

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:


Who said they banned people from Paisley Park Studios?
according to what was posted by Jill they allegedly did not want any altercation/interaction with her during the time of the celebrations. It had nothing to do with Paisley Park.

If Jill was not allowed in the building that day she was banned. Your buddies were behind it so just accept that they are credit stealing and petty.

Smurf theme song-seriously how many fucking "La Las" can u fit into a dam song wall
Proud Wendy and Lisa Fancy Lesbian asskisser thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 08/15/17 11:13am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:


Who said they banned people from Paisley Park Studios?
according to what was posted by Jill they allegedly did not want any altercation/interaction with her during the time of the celebrations. It had nothing to do with Paisley Park.

If Jill was not allowed in the building that day she was banned. Your buddies were behind it so just accept that they are credit stealing and petty.

oh stop laurarichardson.
Just read the post with the quote in it

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 08/15/17 11:19am

morningsong

OldFriends4Sale said:

morningsong said:




We all do. But next we'll have another 14 different lawyers involved on every single song, everybody vying for equal time and equal space. It was so much easier when there was just one massive ego that squashed all the others. We were happy.


If the WB albums and band members work together

and Universal and the bands after work together it would be much easier.

I doubt there would be much issue with the 1978-1987 people in that most of them were in that same period and most are still friends.



If.





lurking

*But I'm not, so I can't, then I won't.*

funny not many folks say that, most say I want so therefore I should have

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 08/15/17 11:24am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

morningsong said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

If the WB albums and band members work together

and Universal and the bands after work together it would be much easier.

I doubt there would be much issue with the 1978-1987 people in that most of them were in that same period and most are still friends.



If.





lurking

*But I'm not, so I can't, then I won't.*

funny not many folks say that, most say I want so therefore I should have

lol I'm not following your post

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 08/15/17 11:42am

morningsong

OldFriends4Sale said:

morningsong said:



If.





lurking

*But I'm not, so I can't, then I won't.*

funny not many folks say that, most say I want so therefore I should have

lol I'm not following your post



I threw too much in there for ya, huh? I'm just saying if they can discipline themselves, cool, but most of the time egos tend to take over even in the best of intentions. Then you got a mess. If there's a very good gatekeeper who knows how to put the hammer down when necessary then everything should be fine.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 08/15/17 12:05pm

laurarichardso
n

OldFriends4Sale said:

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said: If Jill was not allowed in the building that day she was banned. Your buddies were behind it so just accept that they are credit stealing and petty.

oh stop laurarichardson.
Just read the post with the quote in it

She was banned from the event on that day due to the wishes of the Revolution. \


Jill Jones-Mühlum
9 Std. ·

Yes it's true. We were banned from Paisley Park. However, I was not present during this time that Apollonia took the photo. I was in fact airborne on my way to Mpls arriving at midnight. 2 hours after this hoopla occurred. Lol. Drama. I was informed the next day that I could not attend any events at Paisley. Me, Apollonia,Susan & Brenda. Do I care? No. Does it make me angry that I was also told that Hucky called a meeting prior to all of this informing our security that the Revolution wanted to make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event at Paisley? Not really it makes me laugh. I had no idea I rattled people as much as I do. Do I care? Not really. They can play the game. But I want to make it clear, I was never in it for the game. I am for real. I don't front. For the record joel weinshanker and shannon Pratt and scott march are behind the ban. Scott, they made him the face of the ban.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 08/15/17 12:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

laurarichardson said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

oh stop laurarichardson.
Just read the post with the quote in it

She was banned from the event on that day due to the wishes of the Revolution. \


Jill Jones-Mühlum
9 Std. ·

Yes it's true. We were banned from Paisley Park. However, I was not present during this time that Apollonia took the photo. I was in fact airborne on my way to Mpls arriving at midnight. 2 hours after this hoopla occurred. Lol. Drama. I was informed the next day that I could not attend any events at Paisley. Me, Apollonia,Susan & Brenda. Do I care? No. Does it make me angry that I was also told that Hucky called a meeting prior to all of this informing our security that the Revolution wanted to make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event at Paisley? Not really it makes me laugh. I had no idea I rattled people as much as I do. Do I care? Not really. They can play the game. But I want to make it clear, I was never in it for the game. I am for real. I don't front. For the record joel weinshanker and shannon Pratt and scott march are behind the ban. Scott, they made him the face of the ban.

She is connecting the banning to Apollonia, Apollonia taking a picture.

.
It clearly says "... make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event" -that does not equal banning. That was 1 security to another security. That doesn't entail a banning. Apollonia was already there. And the Revolution doesn't have an issue with Apollonia

.

For the record Joel Shannon & Scott ... are behind the ban.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 08/15/17 12:13pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

morningsong said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

lol I'm not following your post



I threw too much in there for ya, huh? I'm just saying if they can discipline themselves, cool, but most of the time egos tend to take over even in the best of intentions. Then you got a mess. If there's a very good gatekeeper who knows how to put the hammer down when necessary then everything should be fine.

Yeah in general.
But Bobby Z David Z Dr Fink Lisa Coleman Dez Dickerson Susan Rogers Wendy Melvoin Andre Cymone don't seem to have a problem.

These people have been friends for a long time, and a part of each others lives

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 08/15/17 12:33pm

morningsong

OldFriends4Sale said:

morningsong said:



I threw too much in there for ya, huh? I'm just saying if they can discipline themselves, cool, but most of the time egos tend to take over even in the best of intentions. Then you got a mess. If there's a very good gatekeeper who knows how to put the hammer down when necessary then everything should be fine.

Yeah in general.
But Bobby Z David Z Dr Fink Lisa Coleman Dez Dickerson Susan Rogers Wendy Melvoin Andre Cymone don't seem to have a problem.

These people have been friends for a long time, and a part of each others lives



I seriously doubt they are the only ones who want any say so, and why only them if others also worked on projects at that time? It still all comes down to a cliquish thing as opposed to giving fair play to all those who worked on a particular song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 08/15/17 2:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

morningsong said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Yeah in general.
But Bobby Z David Z Dr Fink Lisa Coleman Dez Dickerson Susan Rogers Wendy Melvoin Andre Cymone don't seem to have a problem.

These people have been friends for a long time, and a part of each others lives



I seriously doubt they are the only ones who want any say so, and why only them if others also worked on projects at that time? It still all comes down to a cliquish thing as opposed to giving fair play to all those who worked on a particular song.

They are just 1 group I'm refering to since they are the ones really the thread is concerning.
I've said here and in other threads. That it should be the same thought the albums

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 08/15/17 3:43pm

morningsong

OldFriends4Sale said:

morningsong said:



I seriously doubt they are the only ones who want any say so, and why only them if others also worked on projects at that time? It still all comes down to a cliquish thing as opposed to giving fair play to all those who worked on a particular song.

They are just 1 group I'm refering to since they are the ones really the thread is concerning.
I've said here and in other threads. That it should be the same thought the albums



Maybe it'll work out perfectly well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 08/15/17 6:52pm

crimesofparis

OldFriends4Sale said:

laurarichardson said:

She was banned from the event on that day due to the wishes of the Revolution. \


Jill Jones-Mühlum
9 Std. ·

Yes it's true. We were banned from Paisley Park. However, I was not present during this time that Apollonia took the photo. I was in fact airborne on my way to Mpls arriving at midnight. 2 hours after this hoopla occurred. Lol. Drama. I was informed the next day that I could not attend any events at Paisley. Me, Apollonia,Susan & Brenda. Do I care? No. Does it make me angry that I was also told that Hucky called a meeting prior to all of this informing our security that the Revolution wanted to make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event at Paisley? Not really it makes me laugh. I had no idea I rattled people as much as I do. Do I care? Not really. They can play the game. But I want to make it clear, I was never in it for the game. I am for real. I don't front. For the record joel weinshanker and shannon Pratt and scott march are behind the ban. Scott, they made him the face of the ban.

She is connecting the banning to Apollonia, Apollonia taking a picture.

.
It clearly says "... make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event" -that does not equal banning. That was 1 security to another security. That doesn't entail a banning. Apollonia was already there. And the Revolution doesn't have an issue with Apollonia

.

For the record Joel Shannon & Scott ... are behind the ban.

"Prior to all of this," are the key words there, IMO. Before the ban, The Revolution made it clear they wanted to avoid an uncomfortable altercation, apparently. This fully implies that Jill was welcome at this point, but was going to be kept away from a group of people she has publicly dragged. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have just said then that she was banned?

.

Regardless of what the Revolution wanted, if I were in charge of this event, I'd have kept them separated. Even parties that promise to keep it civil don't always do a great job at it -- best to give them their distance.

.

Plus, I'd think that if she felt like The Revolution was behind her ban, she would have just said that.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 08/15/17 7:33pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

crimesofparis said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

She is connecting the banning to Apollonia, Apollonia taking a picture.

.
It clearly says "... make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event" -that does not equal banning. That was 1 security to another security. That doesn't entail a banning. Apollonia was already there. And the Revolution doesn't have an issue with Apollonia

.

For the record Joel Shannon & Scott ... are behind the ban.

"Prior to all of this," are the key words there, IMO. Before the ban, The Revolution made it clear they wanted to avoid an uncomfortable altercation, apparently. This fully implies that Jill was welcome at this point, but was going to be kept away from a group of people she has publicly dragged. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have just said then that she was banned?

.

Regardless of what the Revolution wanted, if I were in charge of this event, I'd have kept them separated. Even parties that promise to keep it civil don't always do a great job at it -- best to give them their distance.

.

Plus, I'd think that if she felt like The Revolution was behind her ban, she would have just said that.

Right.
From what I've been told recently there were confrontations Jill has had with the Paisley Park(group) And she has been very vocal in many ways about the PP association. I don't know if that plaid a part in the banning.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 08/15/17 7:34pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

morningsong said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

They are just 1 group I'm refering to since they are the ones really the thread is concerning.
I've said here and in other threads. That it should be the same thought the albums



Maybe it'll work out perfectly well.

even 99% perfect, because I am thirsting for more music.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 08/15/17 8:13pm

Toban

laurarichardson said:

1Sasha said:

I saw The Revolution Saturday night, and they were sensational. Because no one knows exactly what is in the vault - at least the public doesn't know - it would only seem fair that The Revolution participate in the organization and curation of their work with Prince. I wish Susan Rogers would handle the project for the entire body of his work, but I can dream, can't I?

Susan should handle the work that she was around for and that is it. Prince worked with a few other engineers for a whille after she left and they should be consulted.

Because the Revolution is go on stage has nothing to do with their studio skills. Even Susan said she got out of engineering and her skills her from the analog days.

You also do not want one group of people sucking up all the money from the estate. Spread the responsiblitites around so no one gets a big head. We already are seeing it with the Revolution banning people from Paisley Park a studio they did not even spend a lot of time in and the Londell stituation should be a lesson about what happens when you do not solicit bids and offers from a wide selection of candidates. I still question what experience Londell had with estate management in the first place and who he was working with at UMG when he put that deal together.

[Edited 8/15/17 4:52am]

Of course Prince had Julian digitize everything in the Vault... right, not just completed songs?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 08/16/17 3:18am

laurarichardso
n

crimesofparis said:



OldFriends4Sale said:




laurarichardson said:



She was banned from the event on that day due to the wishes of the Revolution. \



Jill Jones-Mühlum
9 Std. ·

Yes it's true. We were banned from Paisley Park. However, I was not present during this time that Apollonia took the photo. I was in fact airborne on my way to Mpls arriving at midnight. 2 hours after this hoopla occurred. Lol. Drama. I was informed the next day that I could not attend any events at Paisley. Me, Apollonia,Susan & Brenda. Do I care? No. Does it make me angry that I was also told that Hucky called a meeting prior to all of this informing our security that the Revolution wanted to make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event at Paisley? Not really it makes me laugh. I had no idea I rattled people as much as I do. Do I care? Not really. They can play the game. But I want to make it clear, I was never in it for the game. I am for real. I don't front. For the record joel weinshanker and shannon Pratt and scott march are behind the ban. Scott, they made him the face of the ban.




She is connecting the banning to Apollonia, Apollonia taking a picture.


.
It clearly says "... make sure that I was kept separated from them during this event" -that does not equal banning. That was 1 security to another security. That doesn't entail a banning. Apollonia was already there. And the Revolution doesn't have an issue with Apollonia


.


For the record Joel Shannon & Scott ... are behind the ban.



"Prior to all of this," are the key words there, IMO. Before the ban, The Revolution made it clear they wanted to avoid an uncomfortable altercation, apparently. This fully implies that Jill was welcome at this point, but was going to be kept away from a group of people she has publicly dragged. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have just said then that she was banned?


.


Regardless of what the Revolution wanted, if I were in charge of this event, I'd have kept them separated. Even parties that promise to keep it civil don't always do a great job at it -- best to give them their distance.


.


Plus, I'd think that if she felt like The Revolution was behind her ban, she would have just said that.


What are you reading? Jill is saying " We were banned" She is including herself.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 08/16/17 4:51am

Zannaloaf

PennyPurple said:

Zannaloaf said:

You overstep bounds in every post you make. Yet you persist.
You should have no say on anything related to people who actually knew Prince folowing your own logic.

? What is your f'n deal with me? Every post I make here you are following me around. lol lol I am under the impression that this is a discussion board. You know...where things get discussed. Every single one of us on this forum have our own opinions, (just like you Wendy). Stop trying to control mine. I'll say what I want.



right.
And I read the posts where you tell people what they should and should not be doing as if you have all knowledge and rights to judge all things Prince related —and comment on your post.
It's not a vacuum. Thats how a board works.
If you dont want anyone commenting on your posts, stop posting.

simple.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 08/16/17 7:19am

jaawwnn

avatar

morningsong said:



I'm definitely not against them being a part of the think tank. But if there are 40 versions of the same song with different inflections contributed by a wide variety of people who should have what say to the final 1, 2, 5 versions of the song that gets released? It could get messy very fast.

This is a good point but it's all the more reason for proper archival releases:

We already have We Can Fuck (83)/We can Funk (90)/ Oui Can Love (2014 or whenever) released and we may as well add We Can Funk 86 to that.

another example - the 1982 version of Wonderful Ass is fascinating to listen to vs. the 84 version.

Get them all out and let the people involved choose a version per year if there's 40 versions. That'd solve 99% of those issues.

[Edited 8/16/17 7:23am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 08/16/17 9:01am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

jaawwnn said:

morningsong said:



I'm definitely not against them being a part of the think tank. But if there are 40 versions of the same song with different inflections contributed by a wide variety of people who should have what say to the final 1, 2, 5 versions of the song that gets released? It could get messy very fast.

This is a good point but it's all the more reason for proper archival releases:

We already have We Can Fuck (83)/We can Funk (90)/ Oui Can Love (2014 or whenever) released and we may as well add We Can Funk 86 to that.

another example - the 1982 version of Wonderful Ass is fascinating to listen to vs. the 84 version.

Get them all out and let the people involved choose a version per year if there's 40 versions. That'd solve 99% of those issues.

[Edited 8/16/17 7:23am]

mmmmhmmmm U R making me thirsty for Purple music

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/463568
https://prince.org/msg/8/463899?&pg=1
https://www.youtube.com/w...M0JN5IAD50
#IDEFINEME
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he pu
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 08/16/17 9:41am

PennyPurple

avatar

Zannaloaf said:

PennyPurple said:

? What is your f'n deal with me? Every post I make here you are following me around. lol lol I am under the impression that this is a discussion board. You know...where things get discussed. Every single one of us on this forum have our own opinions, (just like you Wendy). Stop trying to control mine. I'll say what I want.



right.
And I read the posts where you tell people what they should and should not be doing as if you have all knowledge and rights to judge all things Prince related —and comment on your post.
It's not a vacuum. Thats how a board works.
If you dont want anyone commenting on your posts, stop posting.

simple.

Wow. At least 15 others have an opinion on this topic, and yet you have a problem with mine. Sorry you are taking it so personal. eek


PS: I still don't think Wendy & Lisa should have their hands in the vault.


biggrin

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 08/17/17 2:06pm

CharismaDove

Damn Prince wish you would've started writing that memoir a year or two earlier. His intense secrecy about every little shit is what makes people so confident to say whatever and fans believe it all. 'It's Prince afterall, anything is possible'

Maybe eye do, just not like eye did before pimp2
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 08/17/17 7:32pm

Bodhitheblackd
og

CharismaDove said:

Damn Prince wish you would've started writing that memoir a year or two earlier. His intense secrecy about every little shit is what makes people so confident to say whatever and fans believe it all. 'It's Prince afterall, anything is possible'

so true, so true yes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 5 <12345
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Article - Wait!’: Lisa Coleman on why The Revolution wants a say in what gets released from Prince’s vault