independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 1st Apr 2020 1:04am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince Book Club: Part 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 60 of 60 « First<51525354555657585960
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #1770 posted 05/09/17 7:24pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Misslink88 said:

PennyPurple said:

Maybe that is what the accountant told her, & the accountant actually lied.

Of course he did because he had nothing better to do with his time. You know accountants - they lie all the time for kicks. Mayte wrote in her book that she decided to auction off his things in the Fall of 2015 because she didn't want to keep paying for storage, or she could donate the clothes to charity, or keep a shrine to her ex-husband in her closet space (even though she said she had them in storage). Not like she didn't have almost 20 years to get rid of it or return it to "move forward". After all, she wrote in her book that that was all she wanted to do after the divorce: take nothing but the house and move forward. In the interview she just did with Jon Bream a couple of says ago about her book, she's now blaming P's fans as the reason for selling his clothing after his death instead of the increase in value. Don't be surprised to see the Rave outfit at PP soon.

On selling his clothes and their china



Having those things in her home made it hard for her to move forward.

If you have a guy over and there’s a whole bunch of china from your wedding, it’s not a good idea,” she explained.

His clothing was sold to raise money for Garcia’s nonprofit animal rescue foundation.

After he died, it turned into a negative with some fans. What am I going to do? Hang on to it. Put it in storage? Donate it to who? That’s what I deal with.

I’ll probably keep something. It’s not physical. A song that he wrote for me. A version recorded for me where he’s singing my name. Physical things are great but are they necessary? I just want to appreciate what I have in my heart for him.”

Somebody else wants to call it nit picking. I call it spinning the truth. Every new interview with her about the book she's saying something different. But, whatever. Some people will take whatever she says as gospel; the majority of the comments I've seen on other websites indicate people aren't buying it. However, her 15 minutes with me is done. She's proven over and over again that she makes stuff up. That's fine. It'll all come out eventually.

I seriously haven't kept up with what she has sold or hasn't sold. I thought last I heard here on the org, that she pulled everything from the auction and didn't sell it. ? ? But yeah..when I read that interview the other day, about the clothes and china, I did do a double take.

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1771 posted 05/09/17 9:25pm

Purplestar88

Misslink88 said:

PennyPurple said:

Maybe that is what the accountant told her, & the accountant actually lied.

Of course he did because he had nothing better to do with his time. You know accountants - they lie all the time for kicks. Mayte wrote in her book that she decided to auction off his things in the Fall of 2015 because she didn't want to keep paying for storage, or she could donate the clothes to charity, or keep a shrine to her ex-husband in her closet space (even though she said she had them in storage). Not like she didn't have almost 20 years to get rid of it or return it to "move forward". After all, she wrote in her book that that was all she wanted to do after the divorce: take nothing but the house and move forward. In the interview she just did with Jon Bream a couple of says ago about her book, she's now blaming P's fans as the reason for selling his clothing after his death instead of the increase in value. Don't be surprised to see the Rave outfit at PP soon.

On selling his clothes and their china



Having those things in her home made it hard for her to move forward.

If you have a guy over and there’s a whole bunch of china from your wedding, it’s not a good idea,” she explained.

His clothing was sold to raise money for Garcia’s nonprofit animal rescue foundation.

After he died, it turned into a negative with some fans. What am I going to do? Hang on to it. Put it in storage? Donate it to who? That’s what I deal with.

I’ll probably keep something. It’s not physical. A song that he wrote for me. A version recorded for me where he’s singing my name. Physical things are great but are they necessary? I just want to appreciate what I have in my heart for him.”

Somebody else wants to call it nit picking. I call it spinning the truth. Every new interview with her about the book she's saying something different. But, whatever. Some people will take whatever she says as gospel; the majority of the comments I've seen on other websites indicate people aren't buying it. However, her 15 minutes with me is done. She's proven over and over again that she makes stuff up. That's fine. It'll all come out eventually.

I am done with it too. Some of the things she is saying is bullcrap but if Prince did the same he would be rolled over and be under the bus. When question directly, she stating something different than what's in the book. And when someone points these things out you are called a women hater and nit picker. At the end of the day people will believe what they want.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1772 posted 05/10/17 9:27am

kmama07

I am happily married with a family. My husband and I both have things from past relationships that marked an important time in our lives, so I can understand holding on to something like that. However, none of our past relationships were with music icons so the mementos are nothing like stage costumes, China, etc. Haha!

If they were given to her to do what she pleases, I see no problem with her auctioning them off to help fund a worthy cause. However, now he is gone, some of those things would probably be a really nice addition to the museum. Has the family approached her about this? It seems if it were important to them they would have potentially done this already?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1773 posted 05/10/17 11:25am

laurarichardso
n

kmama07 said:

I am happily married with a family. My husband and I both have things from past relationships that marked an important time in our lives, so I can understand holding on to something like that. However, none of our past relationships were with music icons so the mementos are nothing like stage costumes, China, etc. Haha! If they were given to her to do what she pleases, I see no problem with her auctioning them off to help fund a worthy cause. However, now he is gone, some of those things would probably be a really nice addition to the museum. Has the family approached her about this? It seems if it were important to them they would have potentially done this already?

She should be reaching out to them not the other way around.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1774 posted 05/10/17 11:32am

PennyPurple

avatar

laurarichardson said:

kmama07 said:

I am happily married with a family. My husband and I both have things from past relationships that marked an important time in our lives, so I can understand holding on to something like that. However, none of our past relationships were with music icons so the mementos are nothing like stage costumes, China, etc. Haha! If they were given to her to do what she pleases, I see no problem with her auctioning them off to help fund a worthy cause. However, now he is gone, some of those things would probably be a really nice addition to the museum. Has the family approached her about this? It seems if it were important to them they would have potentially done this already?

She should be reaching out to them not the other way around.

Why should she? Nobody cared about the items the last 15+ years. If the museum is interested, they'll contact her. By the sound of it, the museum has mega items and probably isn't interested in what Mayte has.

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1775 posted 05/10/17 10:31pm

moonsister

laurarichardson said:



kmama07 said:


I am happily married with a family. My husband and I both have things from past relationships that marked an important time in our lives, so I can understand holding on to something like that. However, none of our past relationships were with music icons so the mementos are nothing like stage costumes, China, etc. Haha! If they were given to her to do what she pleases, I see no problem with her auctioning them off to help fund a worthy cause. However, now he is gone, some of those things would probably be a really nice addition to the museum. Has the family approached her about this? It seems if it were important to them they would have potentially done this already?

She should be reaching out to them not the other way around.


So you can say she's sucking up to them and is desperate for attention? Get real. She needs to stay away from that crazy family.
[Edited 5/10/17 22:39pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1776 posted 05/11/17 6:57am

laurarichardso
n

moonsister said:

laurarichardson said:

She should be reaching out to them not the other way around.

So you can say she's sucking up to them and is desperate for attention? Get real. She needs to stay away from that crazy family. [Edited 5/10/17 22:39pm]

What do you think this chick is doing by even writing this book? She would not be on T.V if she was not telling personal stuff about him. She is desperate for attention.

If she wants nothing to do with the family why was she at the celebration? Why she is she having a book signing in Minneapolis? Why did she meet with the family?

[Edited 5/11/17 6:59am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1777 posted 05/11/17 7:26am

PennyPurple

avatar

laurarichardson said:

moonsister said:

laurarichardson said: So you can say she's sucking up to them and is desperate for attention? Get real. She needs to stay away from that crazy family. [Edited 5/10/17 22:39pm]

What do you think this chick is doing by even writing this book? She would not be on T.V if she was not telling personal stuff about him. She is desperate for attention.

If she wants nothing to do with the family why was she at the celebration? Why she is she having a book signing in Minneapolis? Why did she meet with the family?

[Edited 5/11/17 6:59am]

Again Laura, you need to start comprehending. Who said she didn't want anything to do with the family?

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1778 posted 05/12/17 8:07am

laytonian

Misslink88 said:


(Snip)
yet no one considers that he had A LOT of people depending on him for their livelihoods. Everyone from other musicians down to film crews and the complete running of PP. He couldn't afford to take time off after the death of the child with a new album to promote. He WAS the business.


Yes and she says so in the book. He was pulling a freight train and he was the machine.
.
Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1779 posted 05/12/17 9:40am

laurarichardso
n

PennyPurple said:

laurarichardson said:

What do you think this chick is doing by even writing this book? She would not be on T.V if she was not telling personal stuff about him. She is desperate for attention.

If she wants nothing to do with the family why was she at the celebration? Why she is she having a book signing in Minneapolis? Why did she meet with the family?

[Edited 5/11/17 6:59am]

Again Laura, you need to start comprehending. Who said she didn't want anything to do with the family?

No you need to comprehend. Moonsister said this ( So you can say she's sucking up to them and is desperate for attention? Get real. She needs to stay away from that crazy family.)

Moonsister is saying Mayte needs to stay away from the crazy family not me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1780 posted 05/12/17 11:36am

moonsister

Penny I'm wondering if you can put up her latest book sales figures? I can't find them. Thank you

flower headlp flower
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1781 posted 05/21/17 10:39pm

LBrent

I just noticed something while watching the old 1999 Larry King CNN interview of prince ...

Ok, so by the end of 1999 Mayte's in Spain, the marraige is done and P is "up to stuff" and tryna get out of the marraige like it's the civil rights era and he's Malcolm "by any means necessary" X.

But he's still publicly playing the game as if the marraige is fine, but here's what I noticed...

Larry King's asking about the New Year's Eve pay-per-view RavUn2 concert and stuff and P has the glittery soccer mom hair and goatee and the Jesus robes...P describe the concert, etc but I notice he keeps his hands above the desk they're sitting at and he keeps tenting his fingers and stuff, then I realize he has NO WEDDING RING on...then Larry King shows TGRES video and when they come back LK asks about what Mayte calls P and P says casually, "She usually calls me Hon." and he seems relaxed.

Then LK shows a picture of P and Mayte and says "There's Mayte, your beautiful wife". P smiles shyly.

Then LK asks where P lives and he asks "Spain?" and P says "Well, I live all over the world, but yes WE have a house in Spain and a house in Minnesota".

So, LK asks if Mayte's in Spain and P says "No, she's in Miami visiting her parents".

LK asks how she is and P says "Oh, she's fine."

By this time, now that we know the timeline better, I'm literally SCREAMING at the screen, "You lying muthf*@ka!"

Right behind this interview the RavUn2 concert video plays right at the part where P, dressed in the same outfit sings "I gotta bad feelin my pretty Puerto Rican baby don't live here no more"...then says "But that's alright cuz I still got Habibi", but that's not the guitar he's playing...he's playing the Blue Angel guitar.

So, was he saying he still had the guitar he named Habibi? Or was he using the Arabic word habibi , which means sweetheart, and slickly referring to M2?

Anyhow, this jumped out at me and I thought I'd post it in case anyone else noticed any of this too.

Love the man, but sooo wanna strangle hiz azz sometimes.

confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1782 posted 05/22/17 4:36am

PennyPurple

avatar

eek Now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch it myself.

LBrent said:

I just noticed something while watching the old 1999 Larry King CNN interview of prince ...

Ok, so by the end of 1999 Mayte's in Spain, the marraige is done and P is "up to stuff" and tryna get out of the marraige like it's the civil rights era and he's Malcolm "by any means necessary" X.

But he's still publicly playing the game as if the marraige is fine, but here's what I noticed...

Larry King's asking about the New Year's Eve pay-per-view RavUn2 concert and stuff and P has the glittery soccer mom hair and goatee and the Jesus robes...P describe the concert, etc but I notice he keeps his hands above the desk they're sitting at and he keeps tenting his fingers and stuff, then I realize he has NO WEDDING RING on...then Larry King shows TGRES video and when they come back LK asks about what Mayte calls P and P says casually, "She usually calls me Hon." and he seems relaxed.

Then LK shows a picture of P and Mayte and says "There's Mayte, your beautiful wife". P smiles shyly.

Then LK asks where P lives and he asks "Spain?" and P says "Well, I live all over the world, but yes WE have a house in Spain and a house in Minnesota".

So, LK asks if Mayte's in Spain and P says "No, she's in Miami visiting her parents".

LK asks how she is and P says "Oh, she's fine."

By this time, now that we know the timeline better, I'm literally SCREAMING at the screen, "You lying muthf*@ka!"

Right behind this interview the RavUn2 concert video plays right at the part where P, dressed in the same outfit sings "I gotta bad feelin my pretty Puerto Rican baby don't live here no more"...then says "But that's alright cuz I still got Habibi", but that's not the guitar he's playing...he's playing the Blue Angel guitar.

So, was he saying he still had the guitar he named Habibi? Or was he using the Arabic word habibi , which means sweetheart, and slickly referring to M2?

Anyhow, this jumped out at me and I thought I'd post it in case anyone else noticed any of this too.

Love the man, but sooo wanna strangle hiz azz sometimes.

confused

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1783 posted 05/22/17 3:03pm

LBrent

LBrent said:

I just noticed something while watching the old 1999 Larry King CNN interview of prince ...

Ok, so by the end of 1999 Mayte's in Spain, the marraige is done and P is "up to stuff" and tryna get out of the marraige like it's the civil rights era and he's Malcolm "by any means necessary" X.

But he's still publicly playing the game as if the marraige is fine, but here's what I noticed...

Larry King's asking about the New Year's Eve pay-per-view RavUn2 concert and stuff and P has the glittery soccer mom hair and goatee and the Jesus robes...P describe the concert, etc but I notice he keeps his hands above the desk they're sitting at and he keeps tenting his fingers and stuff, then I realize he has NO WEDDING RING on...then Larry King shows TGRES video and when they come back LK asks about what Mayte calls P and P says casually, "She usually calls me Hon." and he seems relaxed.

Then LK shows a picture of P and Mayte and says "There's Mayte, your beautiful wife". P smiles shyly.

Then LK asks where P lives and he asks "Spain?" and P says "Well, I live all over the world, but yes WE have a house in Spain and a house in Minnesota".

So, LK asks if Mayte's in Spain and P says "No, she's in Miami visiting her parents".

LK asks how she is and P says "Oh, she's fine."

By this time, now that we know the timeline better, I'm literally SCREAMING at the screen, "You lying muthf*@ka!"

Right behind this interview the RavUn2 concert video plays right at the part where P, dressed in the same outfit sings "I gotta bad feelin my pretty Puerto Rican baby don't live here no more"...then says "But that's alright cuz I still got Habibi", but that's not the guitar he's playing...he's playing the Blue Angel guitar.

So, was he saying he still had the guitar he named Habibi? Or was he using the Arabic word habibi , which means sweetheart, and slickly referring to M2?

Anyhow, this jumped out at me and I thought I'd post it in case anyone else noticed any of this too.

Love the man, but sooo wanna strangle hiz azz sometimes.

confused

PennyPurple said:

eek Now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch it myself.

Gurl.

The reason it struck me so hard is cuz this would've been right around the time folks in this thread were asking about what Mayte was up to in Spain and wondering about her and that tall skinny lowkey gay flamenco dancer.

I wanted to throw something at the screen.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1784 posted 05/23/17 1:28pm

tishal

This whole book....and I still don't know exactly what scent P wore. Maybe I need to befriend MG.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1785 posted 05/23/17 4:46pm

kmama07

tishal said:


This whole book....and I still don't know exactly what scent P wore. Maybe I need to befriend MG.


I admit I was wondering that as well😀
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1786 posted 05/23/17 6:19pm

tishal

kmama07 said:

tishal said:


This whole book....and I still don't know exactly what scent P wore. Maybe I need to befriend MG.


I admit I was wondering that as well😀



It's the simple things like that, they run through my mind when I'm awake at night. I messaged and asked. Lol
[Edited 5/23/17 19:20pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1787 posted 05/23/17 7:38pm

206Michelle

LBrent said:

I just noticed something while watching the old 1999 Larry King CNN interview of prince ...

Ok, so by the end of 1999 Mayte's in Spain, the marraige is done and P is "up to stuff" and tryna get out of the marraige like it's the civil rights era and he's Malcolm "by any means necessary" X.

But he's still publicly playing the game as if the marraige is fine, but here's what I noticed...

Larry King's asking about the New Year's Eve pay-per-view RavUn2 concert and stuff and P has the glittery soccer mom hair and goatee and the Jesus robes...P describe the concert, etc but I notice he keeps his hands above the desk they're sitting at and he keeps tenting his fingers and stuff, then I realize he has NO WEDDING RING on...then Larry King shows TGRES video and when they come back LK asks about what Mayte calls P and P says casually, "She usually calls me Hon." and he seems relaxed.

Then LK shows a picture of P and Mayte and says "There's Mayte, your beautiful wife". P smiles shyly.

Then LK asks where P lives and he asks "Spain?" and P says "Well, I live all over the world, but yes WE have a house in Spain and a house in Minnesota".

So, LK asks if Mayte's in Spain and P says "No, she's in Miami visiting her parents".

LK asks how she is and P says "Oh, she's fine."

By this time, now that we know the timeline better, I'm literally SCREAMING at the screen, "You lying muthf*@ka!"

Right behind this interview the RavUn2 concert video plays right at the part where P, dressed in the same outfit sings "I gotta bad feelin my pretty Puerto Rican baby don't live here no more"...then says "But that's alright cuz I still got Habibi", but that's not the guitar he's playing...he's playing the Blue Angel guitar.

So, was he saying he still had the guitar he named Habibi? Or was he using the Arabic word habibi , which means sweetheart, and slickly referring to M2?

Anyhow, this jumped out at me and I thought I'd post it in case anyone else noticed any of this too.

Love the man, but sooo wanna strangle hiz azz sometimes.

confused

LBrent, you are preaching to the choir! I have seen the interview with LK also. It's interesting though, when Mayte is the topic of conversation, prince's reaction is fairly subdued, which is in contrast to how he spoke about her earlier in their marriage. Reading and watching interviews from 1996, he just gushes about Mayte. So I think you are correct, LBrent, that he was not completely truthful because she wasn't fine; in the book, she writes that she was upset over the end of their marriage. However, on the other hand, the lack of emotion in his comments regarding Mayte during the interview with LK is truthful in the sense that he wasn't gushing about her. So he didn't tell his truth with his words, but his nonverbal communication and tone did tell the truth. I hope I am making sense.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1788 posted 05/23/17 7:59pm

kmama07

tishal said:

kmama07 said:


I admit I was wondering that as well😀



It's the simple things like that, they run through my mind when I'm awake at night. I messaged and asked. Lol
[Edited 5/23/17 19:20pm]

Please share if you get a response !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1789 posted 05/25/17 10:05am

tishal

kmama07 said:

tishal said:




It's the simple things like that, they run through my mind when I'm awake at night. I messaged and asked. Lol
[Edited 5/23/17 19:20pm]

Please share if you get a response !


She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1790 posted 05/25/17 10:17am

kmama07

tishal said:

kmama07 said:


Please share if you get a response !


She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

On to google lavender scents...haha. Thank you
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1791 posted 05/25/17 10:45am

PennyPurple

avatar

tishal said:

kmama07 said:
Please share if you get a response !
She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

Yay, I'm glad you got an answer!!

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1792 posted 05/25/17 2:14pm

tishal

PennyPurple said:



tishal said:


kmama07 said:
Please share if you get a response !

She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

Yay, I'm glad you got an answer!!



Looks like I'm going to burn my lavender essential oils and pretend I'm in Prince Land *sigh*
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1793 posted 05/26/17 4:27am

margi

laytonian said:[quote]

Misslink88 said:


(Snip)
yet no one considers that he had A LOT of people depending on him for their livelihoods. Everyone from other musicians down to film crews and the complete running of PP. He couldn't afford to take time off after the death of the child with a new album to promote. He WAS the business.


Yes and she says so in the book. He was pulling a freight train and he was the machine.
.[/quote
That is the most compelling truth ever printed about Prince and it is this responsibility that he felt heavily that wore him out. He died looking worn out. He knew everyone who engaged with him wanted something even down to his childhood friends.I find it incomprehensible that band members and friends are financially gaining and getting their 5 minutes of fame from his death. Death finally freed him to fly.If the LLC stands alone out of the estate then he HAS done all he wanted to do. He knew his "children" would be safe and he wanted painless peace.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1794 posted 05/26/17 5:59am

PennyPurple

avatar

Yes, he even took care of his family, they were living in homes that he owned, and KJ was too. If the truth is known he probably paid for Tyka's kids educations.

margi said:

That is the most compelling truth ever printed about Prince and it is this responsibility that he felt heavily that wore him out. He died looking worn out. He knew everyone who engaged with him wanted something even down to his childhood friends.I find it incomprehensible that band members and friends are financially gaining and getting their 5 minutes of fame from his death. Death finally freed him to fly.If the LLC stands alone out of the estate then he HAS done all he wanted to do. He knew his "children" would be safe and he wanted painless peace.

COME BACK RODEO COME BACK!
Ask him why he felt the need to delete his account, rather than just walk away and stop posting as countless others have done. Or he could have just stayed out of P&R.
But nobody is above the rules, no matter how long you've b
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1795 posted 05/26/17 3:35pm

kmama07

PennyPurple said:

Yes, he even took care of his family, they were living in homes that he owned, and KJ was too. If the truth is known he probably paid for Tyka's kids educations.



margi said:


That is the most compelling truth ever printed about Prince and it is this responsibility that he felt heavily that wore him out. He died looking worn out. He knew everyone who engaged with him wanted something even down to his childhood friends.I find it incomprehensible that band members and friends are financially gaining and getting their 5 minutes of fame from his death. Death finally freed him to fly.If the LLC stands alone out of the estate then he HAS done all he wanted to do. He knew his "children" would be safe and he wanted painless peace.



Yup. Everyone's meal ticket.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1796 posted 05/27/17 8:09am

206Michelle

tishal said:

kmama07 said:
Please share if you get a response !
She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

I know I've read here on the org that he loved lavender scent, even later in his life.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1797 posted 05/27/17 8:12am

206Michelle

tishal said:

kmama07 said:
Please share if you get a response !
She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

Kandace Springs shared that Prince smelled like lavendar. I read that in

Prince’s Closest Friends Share Their Best Prince Stories by Chris Heath,

http://www.gq.com/story/prince-stories.

Live 4 Love ~ Love is God, God is love, Girls and boys love God above
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1798 posted 05/30/17 1:24pm

annalizer

206Michelle said:



tishal said:


kmama07 said:
Please share if you get a response !

She simply replied thank you, and stated it was lavender scent.

Kandace Springs shared that Prince smelled like lavendar. I read that in


Prince’s Closest Friends Share Their Best Prince Stories by Chris Heath,


http://www.gq.com/story/prince-stories.


I've heard he smelled/reeked as Madonna puts it, like lavender. If so many people remember it, I thought it must've been very strong as the essential oil is and why it was so notable and other notes were never remembered. Also, I got the impression it was the actual oil due to his purchases of incense and candles which are usually in the same type of store with his holistic lifestyle and such.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1799 posted 06/04/17 1:27pm

luvsexy4all

is manuela an opportunist???? did she know mayte was banished for not following JW??? was mani a devout JW BEFORE she met prince??? or seized the opp when she knew it would get to prince????

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 60 of 60 « First<51525354555657585960
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince Book Club: Part 2