independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE’S FRIEND SPEAKS OUT ABOUT EX-WIFE’S TELL-ALL: “HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO” (EXCLUSIVE)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 09/26/16 4:44am

laurarichardso
n

scorp84 said:

laurarichardson said:

Vashtix said: ///She is going to get slammed about this book and she had better grow up and deal with it.

What do people really mean when they say "deal with it"? In the public eye, she'll always be "Prince's ex-wife, Mayte Garcia". The harsh, largely unwarranted harrassment and criticism floods her social media pages without the mention of a memoir. Her daily life consists of taking care of her daughter, instructing dance classes, and dog rescues. People have their right to state their opinions negative or otherwise regarding her book, just as she has her right to respond and/or "deal with it", whatever that means. The way I look at it, she'll put those in their place who go out of their way to disrespect the memory of her loved ones. Her baring her soul in this book is no different than her ex-husband doing the same in his music. For all we know, he could've been on that same path with his own book prior to transitioning. It's not up to anybody else but Mayte to decide what information is "too much" to divulge. Once it's out there, it's up to the general public to give it a read or "deal with it".

[Edited 9/23/16 15:16pm]

Let me explain what deal with it means.

She is going to get a negative reaction to this book from fans and even the general public. No reason for her to get upset or offended because this is going to happen. My goodness she is putting it out one year after he died what does that say

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 09/26/16 11:25am

Misslink88

She should just come out and say this is a business decision. All this "love him" and "doing it for the fans" b.s. is transparent.

Why did you want to be a part of this show?

I like the idea that was pitched to me. Yes, we were married to these high-profile men, but there is life after that. We have our own struggles and insecurities. I thought it would be a great platform to show that to other women. It wasn’t about the challenges of being divorced from a celebrity, but being divorced in general. It’s really hard. I really wish a show like this was on TV back when I was getting divorced. I’m hoping it’s inspirational and that people get to know me as a person. Unfortunately, I’ve been pigeonholed as Prince's ex-wife.


Do you feel like you’re still in Prince’s shadow 14 years after your divorce?

I still get people calling me asking for concert tickets to Prince. Recently, I went out to a club with some girls and a friend of mine who’s not really a friend tried to get us in by saying, “This is Prince’s ex-wife.” I was like, “Are you kidding me? You’re still using that? Don’t do that.”


What’s your relationship like with Prince today?

I don’t really have one. I reached out to him a couple of years ago just to let him know I wish him the best. I don’t like having bad energy with anybody. L.A.’s a small world. We’re going to run into each other. We’re on good terms, but we’re not friends like I am with my ex-fiancé [Mötely Crüe drummer] Tommy [Lee].

Mayte and Prince were married in 1996 and officially divorced in 2000.


What do you think he would say about you being on a show called Hollywood Exes?


I think all the men are nervous, but let me clarify that this show is not about them. We’re not doing a tell-all. This is about [the ex-wives] – the women these artists fell in love with. We all have voices and dreams and careers.



http://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2012/08/10/mayte-garcia-hopes-hollywood-exes-inspirational-for-women-facing-divorce

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 09/26/16 1:21pm

malbena

Misslink88 said:

She should just come out and say this is a business decision. All this "love him" and "doing it for the fans" b.s. is transparent.

Why did you want to be a part of this show?

I like the idea that was pitched to me. Yes, we were married to these high-profile men, but there is life after that. We have our own struggles and insecurities. I thought it would be a great platform to show that to other women. It wasn’t about the challenges of being divorced from a celebrity, but being divorced in general. It’s really hard. I really wish a show like this was on TV back when I was getting divorced. I’m hoping it’s inspirational and that people get to know me as a person. Unfortunately, I’ve been pigeonholed as Prince's ex-wife.


Do you feel like you’re still in Prince’s shadow 14 years after your divorce?

I still get people calling me asking for concert tickets to Prince. Recently, I went out to a club with some girls and a friend of mine who’s not really a friend tried to get us in by saying, “This is Prince’s ex-wife.” I was like, “Are you kidding me? You’re still using that? Don’t do that.”


What’s your relationship like with Prince today?

I don’t really have one. I reached out to him a couple of years ago just to let him know I wish him the best. I don’t like having bad energy with anybody. L.A.’s a small world. We’re going to run into each other. We’re on good terms, but we’re not friends like I am with my ex-fiancé [Mötely Crüe drummer] Tommy [Lee].

Mayte and Prince were married in 1996 and officially divorced in 2000.


What do you think he would say about you being on a show called Hollywood Exes?


I think all the men are nervous, but let me clarify that this show is not about them. We’re not doing a tell-all. This is about [the ex-wives] – the women these artists fell in love with. We all have voices and dreams and careers.



http://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2012/08/10/mayte-garcia-hopes-hollywood-exes-inspirational-for-women-facing-divorce

This clearly shows Prince did not give any green light in her being on the show.

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 09/26/16 9:14pm

Mumio

avatar

Good grief, I don't know what the deal was in this pic shown here, but he looks just terrible! Maybe just a bad shot but yikes...he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but where he was.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 09/27/16 12:50am

malbena

Mumio said:

Good grief, I don't know what the deal was in this pic shown here, but he looks just terrible! Maybe just a bad shot but yikes...he looks like he'd rather be anywhere but where he was.



It was summer 1999. Mani was already around since 1998....Prince and Mayte sit up after that one last trip together. Just saying...
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 09/27/16 5:22pm

purplerabbitho
le

Here is how I think about their relationship...

Lyrics

JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS

It was just one of those things
Just one of those crazy flings
One of those bells that now and then rings
Just one of those things

It was just one of those nights
Just one of those fabulous flights
A trip to the moon on gossamer wings
Just one of those things

If we'd thought of it 'bout the end of it
When we started painting the town
We'd have been aware that our love affair
Was too hot not to cool down



To me, that song says a lot about how passionate relationships are impossible to maintain as regular friendships and how a man will often try to protect himself by writing off a relationship like that as "Just one of those things'..

. As obsessive she can come off about Prince (even on that show), I think he knew that a friendship would not be all she wanted. He was playing it safe. She did say they were on good terms..(in other words, polite to one another) but obviously they were not chummy any more and if he gave an inch, she might have wanted a yard (which was obviously something he didn't want to give. .

malbena said:

Misslink88 said:

She should just come out and say this is a business decision. All this "love him" and "doing it for the fans" b.s. is transparent.

Why did you want to be a part of this show?

I like the idea that was pitched to me. Yes, we were married to these high-profile men, but there is life after that. We have our own struggles and insecurities. I thought it would be a great platform to show that to other women. It wasn’t about the challenges of being divorced from a celebrity, but being divorced in general. It’s really hard. I really wish a show like this was on TV back when I was getting divorced. I’m hoping it’s inspirational and that people get to know me as a person. Unfortunately, I’ve been pigeonholed as Prince's ex-wife.


Do you feel like you’re still in Prince’s shadow 14 years after your divorce?

I still get people calling me asking for concert tickets to Prince. Recently, I went out to a club with some girls and a friend of mine who’s not really a friend tried to get us in by saying, “This is Prince’s ex-wife.” I was like, “Are you kidding me? You’re still using that? Don’t do that.”


What’s your relationship like with Prince today?

I don’t really have one. I reached out to him a couple of years ago just to let him know I wish him the best. I don’t like having bad energy with anybody. L.A.’s a small world. We’re going to run into each other. We’re on good terms, but we’re not friends like I am with my ex-fiancé [Mötely Crüe drummer] Tommy [Lee].

Mayte and Prince were married in 1996 and officially divorced in 2000.


What do you think he would say about you being on a show called Hollywood Exes?


I think all the men are nervous, but let me clarify that this show is not about them. We’re not doing a tell-all. This is about [the ex-wives] – the women these artists fell in love with. We all have voices and dreams and careers.



http://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2012/08/10/mayte-garcia-hopes-hollywood-exes-inspirational-for-women-facing-divorce

This clearly shows Prince did not give any green light in her being on the show.

[Edited 9/27/16 17:24pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 09/27/16 5:54pm

endiadj

purplerabbithole said:

Here is how I think about their relationship...

Lyrics

JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS

It was just one of those things
Just one of those crazy flings
One of those bells that now and then rings
Just one of those things

It was just one of those nights
Just one of those fabulous flights
A trip to the moon on gossamer wings
Just one of those things

If we'd thought of it 'bout the end of it
When we started painting the town
We'd have been aware that our love affair
Was too hot not to cool down



To me, that song says a lot about how passionate relationships are impossible to maintain as regular friendships and how a man will often try to protect himself by writing off a relationship like that as "Just one of those things'..

. As obsessive she can come off about Prince (even on that show), I think he knew that a friendship would not be all she wanted. He was playing it safe. She did say they were on good terms..(in other words, polite to one another) but obviously they were not chummy any more and if he gave an inch, she might have wanted a yard (which was obviously something he didn't want to give. .

malbena said:

This clearly shows Prince did not give any green light in her being on the show.

[Edited 9/27/16 17:24pm]

Agree wholeheartedly. She did not want a divorce. I believe that's why he cut her off so severely. He knew they couldn't keep in touch because she was still completely in love with him and would be hoping one day they could reunite, imo.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 09/27/16 9:47pm

lastdecember

avatar

A few things. He was her first everything she loved that man more than all the protégés fighting on FB now (Apollonia Jill and Sheila) she wasn't 21 when she met him she was 16 and by 18 in his band and his constant companion. She was with him those things ugh years of the name change when everyone deserted him and made fun of him. She was his wife and miscarried once and had one child die. Handling this all in private covering up grief, going on talk shows when the child was dead. Sorry but I think she of any of them has a right to speak. And this is not a tell all not a betrayal book as that hack Wendy low life trash Williams said. I doubt that Mayte is going to share anything that would hurt his image legacy etc...especially releasing it on the anniversary of his death.

"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 09/27/16 9:54pm

strawberrylova
123

lastdecember said:

A few things. He was her first everything she loved that man more than all the protégés fighting on FB now (Apollonia Jill and Sheila) she wasn't 21 when she met him she was 16 and by 18 in his band and his constant companion. She was with him those things ugh years of the name change when everyone deserted him and made fun of him. She was his wife and miscarried once and had one child die. Handling this all in private covering up grief, going on talk shows when the child was dead. Sorry but I think she of any of them has a right to speak. And this is not a tell all not a betrayal book as that hack Wendy low life trash Williams said. I doubt that Mayte is going to share anything that would hurt his image legacy etc...especially releasing it on the anniversary of his death.

👍👍👍👍
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 09/28/16 5:36am

malbena

lastdecember said:

A few things. He was her first everything she loved that man more than all the protégés fighting on FB now (Apollonia Jill and Sheila) she wasn't 21 when she met him she was 16 and by 18 in his band and his constant companion. She was with him those things ugh years of the name change when everyone deserted him and made fun of him. She was his wife and miscarried once and had one child die. Handling this all in private covering up grief, going on talk shows when the child was dead. Sorry but I think she of any of them has a right to speak. And this is not a tell all not a betrayal book as that hack Wendy low life trash Williams said. I doubt that Mayte is going to share anything that would hurt his image legacy etc...especially releasing it on the anniversary of his death.


But most are not really interested in her. It doesn't matter what she feels. What is looked upon is how Prince didn't want anything to do with her. Thus, many speak up against her mentioning him in her book no matter what the content is.
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 09/28/16 6:37am

lastdecember

avatar

malbena said:

lastdecember said:
A few things. He was her first everything she loved that man more than all the protégés fighting on FB now (Apollonia Jill and Sheila) she wasn't 21 when she met him she was 16 and by 18 in his band and his constant companion. She was with him those things ugh years of the name change when everyone deserted him and made fun of him. She was his wife and miscarried once and had one child die. Handling this all in private covering up grief, going on talk shows when the child was dead. Sorry but I think she of any of them has a right to speak. And this is not a tell all not a betrayal book as that hack Wendy low life trash Williams said. I doubt that Mayte is going to share anything that would hurt his image legacy etc...especially releasing it on the anniversary of his death.
But most are not really interested in her. It doesn't matter what she feels. What is looked upon is how Prince didn't want anything to do with her. Thus, many speak up against her mentioning him in her book no matter what the content is.

In all seriousness though, who cares about any of the associated artists that were with HIM at this point? I mean that is the reality of it, no one cares about them, maybe the first few weeks after his death, there was this lets talk to Shelia E from the media but that is over now. Also HOW do we know what Prince wished or thought deep down? During their marriage Prince paraded this girl out there as his soulmate, now lets remember FIRST LOVE (for her) huge age difference, basically knew her since she was 16, sorry but her mind was in a whole new world when she was with him, and then boom engaged she is told she is "the most beautiful girl" he is changing his name she has to go along with that whole "saga" much of it fabricated stories, she is on talk shows with him all the time then married they have a child, he is on a tour new album freedom etc...then the child dies, he wants it private again this comes to play in his own death and pain, but he has her going along with it all keeping a tight lid on it. As Mayte said death sometimes brings couples together for us it broke us apart. Lets also remember she is being pushed into the whole world with Larry Graham and religion that she was not believing in. SO the shade throwers not one of them was this close to him, regardless of how it ended whether he still cared for her or not does not matter, most hated MAYTE day one cause she was the only one to get the ring basically, and be that ONE to him. We are never gonna know the real love story they had and I really doubt that she is going to "GO THERE" I never get that impression from her the few times I have met her. So they can all say what they want and fans can to, its still the LOSS of him. I mean Morris Day says one day soon he is going to tell those last conversations they had months before his death, now are we going to jump on Morris for sharing that??


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 09/29/16 2:21pm

Misslink88

Speaking for myself, I find it easy to distinguish a person from what they do. Therefore, it's easy to disagree with an action and not waste time or energy "hating" the person. I feel a lot of people are just disheartened because of his privacy preference. When a person is in the public eye, all comers believe they have a right to their opinion. Perhaps part of the reason he stayed mum.

God is my Sugar Daddy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 09/30/16 3:29pm

journalism16

I definitely agree with you last December on both of your posts.
Erin Smith
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 10/02/16 11:30am

musicfan77

avatar

Dibblekins said:

The problem is though, Ahmir was Mayte's son too - and, out of respect / love for P. she said NOTHING about him publicly, for all this time...Lord knows, she even had to pretend everything was fine on a TV chat show within weeks of the child's death. I cannot even begin to imagine how awful that must have been, after carrying the baby and giving birth...

.

Just because Prince wanted it all kept secret doesn't mean she wanted to do the same. I can only assume she went along with it whilst P was alive because he was, not to put too fine a point on it, quite the svengali, and she was madly, passionately in love and awe of him.

.
BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]

She signed an agreement with Prince that she could not reveal certain things or she could be sued. He also did the same thing with Wendy. That agreement expired upon his death.

[Edited 10/2/16 11:35am]

fan for life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 10/03/16 7:34am

BklynDiamond

avatar

Dibblekins said:

The problem is though, Ahmir was Mayte's son too - and, out of respect / love for P. she said NOTHING about him publicly, for all this time...Lord knows, she even had to pretend everything was fine on a TV chat show within weeks of the child's death. I cannot even begin to imagine how awful that must have been, after carrying the baby and giving birth...

.

Just because Prince wanted it all kept secret doesn't mean she wanted to do the same. I can only assume she went along with it whilst P was alive because he was, not to put too fine a point on it, quite the svengali, and she was madly, passionately in love and awe of him.

.
BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]

After 12 years and therapy if she still needs a catharsic process she is truly in need of deeper therapy to figure out why such a private and hurting moment she needs to share with a bunch of nobodies.

Women lose children every day. They grieve, get counseling and move on. Women get divorced everyday...same thing. Women lose children and get divorced everyday and they still do not need to air their dirty laundry for the world to see.

If she needs to let it out, write a journal...why though does she need to publicize what he wanted kept private.

Well he is not here any longer so she can do what she wants, but with that comes the ctiricism of the actions.....

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 10/03/16 7:35am

BklynDiamond

avatar

morningsong said:

rap said:

Are they not a lot better than TMZ??



I'm still ticked about the "suicide note", they ran the exclusive on. They don't care about official, they only want sensational.

What suicide note? I missed that one

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 10/03/16 7:43am

BklynDiamond

avatar

malbena said:

Misslink88 said:

She should just come out and say this is a business decision. All this "love him" and "doing it for the fans" b.s. is transparent.

Why did you want to be a part of this show?

I like the idea that was pitched to me. Yes, we were married to these high-profile men, but there is life after that. We have our own struggles and insecurities. I thought it would be a great platform to show that to other women. It wasn’t about the challenges of being divorced from a celebrity, but being divorced in general. It’s really hard. I really wish a show like this was on TV back when I was getting divorced. I’m hoping it’s inspirational and that people get to know me as a person. Unfortunately, I’ve been pigeonholed as Prince's ex-wife.


Do you feel like you’re still in Prince’s shadow 14 years after your divorce?

I still get people calling me asking for concert tickets to Prince. Recently, I went out to a club with some girls and a friend of mine who’s not really a friend tried to get us in by saying, “This is Prince’s ex-wife.” I was like, “Are you kidding me? You’re still using that? Don’t do that.”


What’s your relationship like with Prince today?

I don’t really have one. I reached out to him a couple of years ago just to let him know I wish him the best. I don’t like having bad energy with anybody. L.A.’s a small world. We’re going to run into each other. We’re on good terms, but we’re not friends like I am with my ex-fiancé [Mötely Crüe drummer] Tommy [Lee].

Mayte and Prince were married in 1996 and officially divorced in 2000.


What do you think he would say about you being on a show called Hollywood Exes?


I think all the men are nervous, but let me clarify that this show is not about them. We’re not doing a tell-all. This is about [the ex-wives] – the women these artists fell in love with. We all have voices and dreams and careers.



http://www.sacurrent.com/ArtSlut/archives/2012/08/10/mayte-garcia-hopes-hollywood-exes-inspirational-for-women-facing-divorce

This clearly shows Prince did not give any green light in her being on the show.

Not only did he not green light it, he wanted nothing to do wtih her, had no residual feeings, was not in love with her, was not friends with her. NOTHING. He had moved on.

As for it not being about the husbands, it was all about the husbands. Hell her china cabinet made it about Prince everytime you walked in her house.

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 10/03/16 8:38am

BklynDiamond

avatar

lastdecember said:

A few things. He was her first everything she loved that man more than all the protégés fighting on FB now (Apollonia Jill and Sheila) she wasn't 21 when she met him she was 16 and by 18 in his band and his constant companion. She was with him those things ugh years of the name change when everyone deserted him and made fun of him. She was his wife and miscarried once and had one child die. Handling this all in private covering up grief, going on talk shows when the child was dead. Sorry but I think she of any of them has a right to speak. And this is not a tell all not a betrayal book as that hack Wendy low life trash Williams said. I doubt that Mayte is going to share anything that would hurt his image legacy etc...especially releasing it on the anniversary of his death.

I don't know if I would say she loved him more than anyone else, she was definitely more obsessed with him and more childish in her dealings.

We do not know who was privately by his side, who was his strength as he didn't make all that public.

We speculate that she was more special to him (at least some do) but we do not know that for sure as HE never put her on a pedestal after their divorce.

We don't know what it is until it comes out.

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 10/03/16 10:11am

Tresha68

BklynDiamond said:



Dibblekins said:


The problem is though, Ahmir was Mayte's son too - and, out of respect / love for P. she said NOTHING about him publicly, for all this time...Lord knows, she even had to pretend everything was fine on a TV chat show within weeks of the child's death. I cannot even begin to imagine how awful that must have been, after carrying the baby and giving birth...

.

Just because Prince wanted it all kept secret doesn't mean she wanted to do the same. I can only assume she went along with it whilst P was alive because he was, not to put too fine a point on it, quite the svengali, and she was madly, passionately in love and awe of him.

.
BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile


[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]




After 12 years and therapy if she still needs a catharsic process she is truly in need of deeper therapy to figure out why such a private and hurting moment she needs to share with a bunch of nobodies.



Women lose children every day. They grieve, get counseling and move on. Women get divorced everyday...same thing. Women lose children and get divorced everyday and they still do not need to air their dirty laundry for the world to see.



If she needs to let it out, write a journal...why though does she need to publicize what he wanted kept private.



Well he is not here any longer so she can do what she wants, but with that comes the ctiricism of the actions.....



Women lose children every day? As a woman, I would never be so callus about that. I pray you never have to deal with it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 10/03/16 11:03am

BklynDiamond

avatar

Tresha68 said:

BklynDiamond said:

After 12 years and therapy if she still needs a catharsic process she is truly in need of deeper therapy to figure out why such a private and hurting moment she needs to share with a bunch of nobodies.

Women lose children every day. They grieve, get counseling and move on. Women get divorced everyday...same thing. Women lose children and get divorced everyday and they still do not need to air their dirty laundry for the world to see.

If she needs to let it out, write a journal...why though does she need to publicize what he wanted kept private.

Well he is not here any longer so she can do what she wants, but with that comes the ctiricism of the actions.....

Women lose children every day? As a woman, I would never be so callus about that. I pray you never have to deal with it.

I have had a miscarriage and did not feel the need to write a book about it. I had therapy, processed the grief and went on with living.

She is not the first woman to lose a child and she wasn't the last. YES it happens every day.....imagine if they all wrote books about it

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 10/03/16 11:12am

AA1slot

How can anyone judge whether or not it is a business decision or gauge someone's love for someone else? Did she tell YOU what the motivation is for writing a book or the degree of love she has/had? Is she is wrong for loving him and vice versa...or both having bad pickers? Why?

P also didnt give a red light to the show either. We don't know what he would have said about the book. Does this "friend" have any kind of POA or written authority to speak for P? Same goes for Delilah. Just asking...Or are they offering PERSONAL opinions like we all are.

Perhaps we can be kind when it comes to her right to live her life which so happens to include writing a book about a relationship she had with someone she loved and who loved her in return albeit for a short time. We can perhaps let it go and wish her well.

We've got enough hate in the world as it is and this is minor in the big scheme of things (believe it or not). P's strength was his faith and belief in a Higher Power. There does not appear to have been someone in human form that filled that for him...that we know of. Just saying.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 10/03/16 5:15pm

morningsong

BklynDiamond said:

Tresha68 said:

BklynDiamond said: Women lose children every day? As a woman, I would never be so callus about that. I pray you never have to deal with it.

I have had a miscarriage and did not feel the need to write a book about it. I had therapy, processed the grief and went on with living.

She is not the first woman to lose a child and she wasn't the last. YES it happens every day.....imagine if they all wrote books about it



Yeah but in all fairness most women who go through this aren't having their story told up and down the street by every tom, dick and harriot with a opinion. Most have felt quite free to tell their story to whomever they choose. That is not the case with her, she's had to remain silent even about some of the tiniest details. I would imagine that would drive most people bonkers to keep hearing other people talk about what happened in your business and you just sit in silence not of your own choosing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 10/04/16 5:20am

BklynDiamond

avatar

morningsong said:

BklynDiamond said:

I have had a miscarriage and did not feel the need to write a book about it. I had therapy, processed the grief and went on with living.

She is not the first woman to lose a child and she wasn't the last. YES it happens every day.....imagine if they all wrote books about it



Yeah but in all fairness most women who go through this aren't having their story told up and down the street by every tom, dick and harriot with a opinion. Most have felt quite free to tell their story to whomever they choose. That is not the case with her, she's had to remain silent even about some of the tiniest details. I would imagine that would drive most people bonkers to keep hearing other people talk about what happened in your business and you just sit in silence not of your own choosing.

so she has no friends except those who publish books? No family? Therapy?

Sorry I do not buy it.

Her problems are not the miscarriage and child loss, but IMO, immaturity. She has yet to grow up and deal with life.

Again, we do not know the contents of the book, but all those who say she is writing it to "free herself" I call pox on.

I am just not buying that story

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 10/04/16 8:35am

morningsong

BklynDiamond said:



morningsong said:




BklynDiamond said:



I have had a miscarriage and did not feel the need to write a book about it. I had therapy, processed the grief and went on with living.



She is not the first woman to lose a child and she wasn't the last. YES it happens every day.....imagine if they all wrote books about it





Yeah but in all fairness most women who go through this aren't having their story told up and down the street by every tom, dick and harriot with a opinion. Most have felt quite free to tell their story to whomever they choose. That is not the case with her, she's had to remain silent even about some of the tiniest details. I would imagine that would drive most people bonkers to keep hearing other people talk about what happened in your business and you just sit in silence not of your own choosing.



so she has no friends except those who publish books? No family? Therapy?



Sorry I do not buy it.



Her problems are not the miscarriage and child loss, but IMO, immaturity. She has yet to grow up and deal with life.



Again, we do not know the contents of the book, but all those who say she is writing it to "free herself" I call pox on.



I am just not buying that story




I don't know what's going to be in her book. I don't know her maturity level. I did see the Wives thing and I wasn't dazzled. I'm just saying it is very rare that any woman who has gone through this type of thing not be able to talk about it of her own free will, not even the name. Who only talks to a therapist about events in their life? And how do you know she feels free to talk to friends? That's how things leak all the time anyway. I don't think it's fair that others, and there will be, can profit off her business and that's perfectly ok, but she must remain gagged not of her choice. Now I don't get why this book is being released near the anniversary of his death, that disturbs me, but honestly a lot between the 2 of them has disturbed me. I think I prefer a little more truth in my daydream, hence her finally opening up doesn't bother me. I highly doubt it'll be a tell all his business kind of book anyway.
[Edited 10/4/16 8:39am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 10/04/16 4:13pm

jesme1999

ladygirl99 said:

Mayte has the right to tell her story and I think she is doing to do with dignity and keep some imitate details private. I will be looking forward to read her book.




I concur !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 10/05/16 3:33am

Lovejunky

AA1slot said:

How can anyone judge whether or not it is a business decision or gauge someone's love for someone else? Did she tell YOU what the motivation is for writing a book or the degree of love she has/had? Is she is wrong for loving him and vice versa...or both having bad pickers? Why?

P also didnt give a red light to the show either. We don't know what he would have said about the book. Does this "friend" have any kind of POA or written authority to speak for P? Same goes for Delilah. Just asking...Or are they offering PERSONAL opinions like we all are.

Perhaps we can be kind when it comes to her right to live her life which so happens to include writing a book about a relationship she had with someone she loved and who loved her in return albeit for a short time. We can perhaps let it go and wish her well.

We've got enough hate in the world as it is and this is minor in the big scheme of things (believe it or not). P's strength was his faith and belief in a Higher Power. There does not appear to have been someone in human form that filled that for him...that we know of. Just saying.

Well Said...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 10/05/16 12:15pm

CharlieGriffin

endiadj said:

Wendy can be beyond tasteless at times. I was shocked to hear her say that about their baby, especially, and the cooment about Prince getting high. sad

I agree. Wha makes me so disgusted with her is that she takes joy in disrespecting people all for the sake of gossip and her ratings. I hope one day someone will reveal some dirt on her to shut her ass up. Sometimes I just want see her ass get smacked down. brick chair blowup fryingpan

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 10/05/16 10:54pm

LuxLove

I bet Dr. Funk is the source for this, sounds just like him lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE’S FRIEND SPEAKS OUT ABOUT EX-WIFE’S TELL-ALL: “HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO” (EXCLUSIVE)