independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 8th Dec 2019 12:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE’S FRIEND SPEAKS OUT ABOUT EX-WIFE’S TELL-ALL: “HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO” (EXCLUSIVE)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/22/16 5:14pm

rap

PRINCE’S FRIEND SPEAKS OUT ABOUT EX-WIFE’S TELL-ALL: “HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO” (EXCLUSIVE)

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/prince-ex-wife-tell-all-114290

Didn't know Prince worked with Alan on that book.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/22/16 5:29pm

morningsong

Another exclusive from InTouch. Throw in a quote from Alan Light, maybe he is "the friend" that's saying no, and maybe he's not. More likely not.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/22/16 5:32pm

rap

Are they not a lot better than TMZ??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/22/16 5:38pm

Dibblekins

The problem is though, Ahmir was Mayte's son too - and, out of respect / love for P. she said NOTHING about him publicly, for all this time...Lord knows, she even had to pretend everything was fine on a TV chat show within weeks of the child's death. I cannot even begin to imagine how awful that must have been, after carrying the baby and giving birth...

.

Just because Prince wanted it all kept secret doesn't mean she wanted to do the same. I can only assume she went along with it whilst P was alive because he was, not to put too fine a point on it, quite the svengali, and she was madly, passionately in love and awe of him.

.
BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/22/16 5:39pm

XxAxX

avatar

i see both sides of this issue. i think if mayte writes the story of *her* life and presents the project this way, and includes a few chapters on her prince era, that's okay imo.

promoting the project as the story of *her life with prince* and devoting the entire project to details about prince is likely going to be embarassing for everyone involved. depends entirely on how the project is handled.

mayte has the right to tell her story, imo. just my 2c. peace

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/22/16 5:51pm

scorp84

With all due respect, she shared a life with him that even a "friend" (as appointed by a magazine) couldn't compare to. Prince is resting in peace. With this book, she might be trying to find her peace of mind, dealing with the loss of someone who was a major part of her adult life.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/22/16 6:07pm

morningsong

rap said:

Are they not a lot better than TMZ??



I'm still ticked about the "suicide note", they ran the exclusive on. They don't care about official, they only want sensational.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/22/16 7:38pm

teach49

XxAxX said:

i see both sides of this issue. i think if mayte writes the story of *her* life and presents the project this way, and includes a few chapters on her prince era, that's okay imo.

promoting the project as the story of *her life with prince* and devoting the entire project to details about prince is likely going to be embarassing for everyone involved. depends entirely on how the project is handled.

mayte has the right to tell her story, imo. just my 2c. peace

This.

Everyone has the right to speak about their own lives. Had it been me I guarantee you I would have spoken the name of my son to anyone I damn well pleased. I'm not saying I'd have done interviews. But I certainly wouldn't have complied with keeping my child's name a secret for the ex-husband I no longer spoke to. No way. No how. Ever. But, I probably wouldn't have been with Prince the first time he told me what to wear. I just don't roll that way (beautiful as he was...and of course, I'm not a stunningly beautiful woman so he wouldn't have looked twice at me anyway). wink

That said, if it's billed as the most intimate portrait of Prince, then that is different. Truly. And I'm not interested.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/22/16 8:33pm

malbena

teach49 said:

XxAxX said:

i see both sides of this issue. i think if mayte writes the story of *her* life and presents the project this way, and includes a few chapters on her prince era, that's okay imo.

promoting the project as the story of *her life with prince* and devoting the entire project to details about prince is likely going to be embarassing for everyone involved. depends entirely on how the project is handled.

mayte has the right to tell her story, imo. just my 2c. peace

This.

Everyone has the right to speak about their own lives. Had it been me I guarantee you I would have spoken the name of my son to anyone I damn well pleased. I'm not saying I'd have done interviews. But I certainly wouldn't have complied with keeping my child's name a secret for the ex-husband I no longer spoke to. No way. No how. Ever. But, I probably wouldn't have been with Prince the first time he told me what to wear. I just don't roll that way (beautiful as he was...and of course, I'm not a stunningly beautiful woman so he wouldn't have looked twice at me anyway). wink

That said, if it's billed as the most intimate portrait of Prince, then that is different. Truly. And I'm not interested.

I think we can all agree with that. My questions are: Who would read it if Prince weren't mentionned at all in her book? Why using his popularity to promote her story? and What is the motive behind writing this book now and releasing it at the anniversary of his death?

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/22/16 9:12pm

teach49

malbena said:

teach49 said:

This.

Everyone has the right to speak about their own lives. Had it been me I guarantee you I would have spoken the name of my son to anyone I damn well pleased. I'm not saying I'd have done interviews. But I certainly wouldn't have complied with keeping my child's name a secret for the ex-husband I no longer spoke to. No way. No how. Ever. But, I probably wouldn't have been with Prince the first time he told me what to wear. I just don't roll that way (beautiful as he was...and of course, I'm not a stunningly beautiful woman so he wouldn't have looked twice at me anyway). wink

That said, if it's billed as the most intimate portrait of Prince, then that is different. Truly. And I'm not interested.

I think we can all agree with that. My questions are: Who would read it if Prince weren't mentionned at all in her book? Why using his popularity to promote her story? and What is the motive behind writing this book now and releasing it at the anniversary of his death?

True. It's not like she's a writer by trade, doing what writers do.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/23/16 1:25am

laurarichardso
n

Dibblekins said:

The problem is though, Ahmir was Mayte's son too - and, out of respect / love for P. she said NOTHING about him publicly, for all this time...Lord knows, she even had to pretend everything was fine on a TV chat show within weeks of the child's death. I cannot even begin to imagine how awful that must have been, after carrying the baby and giving birth...

.

Just because Prince wanted it all kept secret doesn't mean she wanted to do the same. I can only assume she went along with it whilst P was alive because he was, not to put too fine a point on it, quite the svengali, and she was madly, passionately in love and awe of him.

.
BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]


/// I can't understand why you would get on T.V.and tell the entire free world your personal business. In addition, she was no longer married to him for 20 years she was free to say the child's name she had time to parade his underware around on Hollywood Ex's. The child was his baby as well as hers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/23/16 5:58am

malbena

Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/23/16 6:58am

Lovejunky

avatar

Dibblekins said:


BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]

I think she would be bursting to express her Love for him...

I mean WHen you LOVE Prince, you never stop never stop...

And she would have been holding a lot IN over the years..

CAthartic Healing and Im sure she will realsise some profound Truths in the process..

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/23/16 7:05am

XxAxX

avatar

Lovejunky said:

Dibblekins said:


BUT, the fact is, it's not up to him any more. I should imagine writing the book will be quite a cathartic process for her and I support her right to do it, much as I love me some Princey. smile

[Edited 9/22/16 17:39pm]

I think she would be bursting to express her Love for him...

I mean WHen you LOVE Prince, you never stop never stop...

And she would have been holding a lot IN over the years..

CAthartic Healing and Im sure she will realsise some profound Truths in the process..



^ really good point. writing can be very helpful that way

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/23/16 7:13am

strawberrylova
123

malbena said:

Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.

yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it... User Actions

I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/23/16 7:20am

SoulAlive

strawberrylova123 said:

malbena said:

Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.

yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it... User Actions

I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!

eek wow!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/23/16 7:50am

endiadj

Wendy can be beyond tasteless at times. I was shocked to hear her say that about their baby, especially, and the cooment about Prince getting high. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/23/16 7:57am

strawberrylova
123

endiadj said:

Wendy can be beyond tasteless at times. I was shocked to hear her say that about their baby, especially, and the cooment about Prince getting high. sad

that clip was disgusting...she is a nasty woamn sad sad sad " alleged baby"...i mean really

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/23/16 8:24am

2elijah

avatar

I don't know. I think Mayte may have decided to write the book to clear up some of the assumptions/curiosities/myths, etc., by many fans about her relationship/marriage to Prince, that she has probably read about over the years, but had to stay quiet about it. I do think some of his former girlfriends/band members may probably want to do the same as well. Who knows? shrug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/23/16 9:02am

teach49

strawberrylova123 said:

endiadj said:

Wendy can be beyond tasteless at times. I was shocked to hear her say that about their baby, especially, and the cooment about Prince getting high. sad

that clip was disgusting...she is a nasty woamn sad sad sad " alleged baby"...i mean really

She said "alleged baby"?

That is beyond low. Wow.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/23/16 9:45am

Empress

SoulAlive said:

strawberrylova123 said:

yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it... User Actions

I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!

eek wow!

Good for Mayte!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/23/16 9:56am

therapyisback

avatar

Wendy sounds like she is part of the morally bankrupt circus called media.
That's right, you are Divinity
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/23/16 10:09am

morningsong

2elijah said:

I don't know. I think Mayte may have decided to write the book to clear up some of the assumptions/curiosities/myths, etc., by many fans about her relationship/marriage to Prince, that she has probably read about over the years, but had to stay quiet about it. I do think some of his former girlfriends/band members may probably want to do the same as well. Who knows? shrug



I feel that way too. Just the name must have been maddening to hold in while listening to people talk.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/23/16 11:35am

Vashtix

strawberrylova123 said:



malbena said:


Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.



yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it... User Actions




I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!



Mayte has chosen to put her dead baby on blast via her book.If she didn't want distasteful comments maybe publicly let that be; her life with Prince does not have to be public fodder. She made the choice;everyone will not be in awe of her, the loss etc. especially something that happened about 20 years ago;many do not even know who she is; Not saying if it is right or wrong but Mayte made a choice and every action has a reaction. It is just beginning. She needs to put on big girl panties and deal with it.
[Edited 9/23/16 11:40am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/23/16 12:06pm

malbena

Vashtix said:

strawberrylova123 said:



malbena said:


Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.



yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it...
User Actions




I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!



Mayte has chosen to put her dead baby on blast via her book.If she didn't want distasteful comments maybe publicly let that be; her life with Prince does not have to be public fodder. She made the choice;everyone will not be in awe of her, the loss etc. especially something that happened about 20 years ago;many do not even know who she is; Not saying if it is right or wrong but Mayte made a choice and every action has a reaction. It is just beginning. She needs to put on big girl panties and deal with it.
[Edited 9/23/16 11:40am]


There is sure a harsh price to pay when exposing personal details and traumatic events to the public. Wouldn't want to be in that spot.
[Edited 9/23/16 12:17pm]
This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/23/16 1:35pm

Vashtix

malbena said:

Vashtix said:


Mayte has chosen to put her dead baby on blast via her book.If she didn't want distasteful comments maybe publicly let that be; her life with Prince does not have to be public fodder. She made the choice;everyone will not be in awe of her, the loss etc. especially something that happened about 20 years ago;many do not even know who she is; Not saying if it is right or wrong but Mayte made a choice and every action has a reaction. It is just beginning. She needs to put on big girl panties and deal with it.
[Edited 9/23/16 11:40am]


There is sure a harsh price to pay when exposing personal details and traumatic events to the public. Wouldn't want to be in that spot.
[Edited 9/23/16 12:17pm]

There is an old proverb that says even a fool is considered wise when he keeps his mouth shut.

Everyone has their truth it does not mean it needs to be fed to the masses for consumption.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/23/16 1:44pm

malbena

Vashtix said:

malbena said:
There is sure a harsh price to pay when exposing personal details and traumatic events to the public. Wouldn't want to be in that spot. [Edited 9/23/16 12:17pm]
There is an old proverb that says even a fool is considered wise when he keeps his mouth shut. Everyone has their truth it does not mean it needs to be fed to the masses for consumption.

Another proverb is words are silver but silence is gold.

I do agree that, especially, in this difficult time, it is better to keep one's private life...huh...private.

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/23/16 2:15pm

laurarichardso
n

Vashtix said:

strawberrylova123 said:



malbena said:


Wendy Williams posted to that effect on her Facebook page. Comments are not too kind about the release of the book.



yeah i just saw a clip from the wendy williams show and she had a segment talking about mayte and princes baby, all i can say it was distasteful, and Mayte wasnt having it... User Actions




I'm beyond saddened by your comments on your show about Prince & my son. How dare you say something - of our baby!



Mayte has chosen to put her dead baby on blast via her book.If she didn't want distasteful comments maybe publicly let that be; her life with Prince does not have to be public fodder. She made the choice;everyone will not be in awe of her, the loss etc. especially something that happened about 20 years ago;many do not even know who she is; Not saying if it is right or wrong but Mayte made a choice and every action has a reaction. It is just beginning. She needs to put on big girl panties and deal with it.
[Edited 9/23/16 11:40am]

///She is going to get slammed about this book and she had better grow up and deal with it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/23/16 2:16pm

malbena

laurarichardson said:

Vashtix said:
Mayte has chosen to put her dead baby on blast via her book.If she didn't want distasteful comments maybe publicly let that be; her life with Prince does not have to be public fodder. She made the choice;everyone will not be in awe of her, the loss etc. especially something that happened about 20 years ago;many do not even know who she is; Not saying if it is right or wrong but Mayte made a choice and every action has a reaction. It is just beginning. She needs to put on big girl panties and deal with it. [Edited 9/23/16 11:40am]
///She is going to get slammed about this book and she had better grow up and deal with it.

Most likely as it is.

This is my normal life. These marital standards cannot be recreated with money.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/23/16 3:15pm

strawberrylova
123

Look books about prince are going to be rolling out so we have to prepare ourselves, this is just the beginning. I'd rather read this story from the true source than some unauthorized author talking about prince's marriage and the death of his son.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > PRINCE’S FRIEND SPEAKS OUT ABOUT EX-WIFE’S TELL-ALL: “HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO” (EXCLUSIVE)