independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 29th Feb 2020 12:49am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Seeing Morris Day & The Time, Kool & The Gang, and Bootsy Live in August!!!!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/14/16 12:56pm

Vanilli

avatar

Seeing Morris Day & The Time, Kool & The Gang, and Bootsy Live in August!!!!

I've got front row tickets to see Morris Day, Kool & The Gang, and Bootsy live this August. I'm super excited - it is at a great venue in my hometown - outdoors. I'm curious of what to expect, and have a few questions. Firstly, I know Kool & The Gang are the headliners - but didn't they switch lead vocalists years back? How are they live? Secondly, now-a-days - are Morris and The Time still "The Time" - will Jimmy Jam and Lewis be there? How about a certain mirror? Lastly - let's talk about Bootsy. Been a fan for more then a decade but I have NO idea what to expect from his live-show. I know-I know I could YouTube it but was curious to hear more of people's personal experience. Does anyone know by August- will The Time be doing any special tribute to P?

On a different note..one last thing...a special shout out to all my original Org fam from 2005/06 whenever I joined. I haven't posted here in 3 years but when Prince died...I wanted to come back and check in. If any of you are still hanging around...my hearts are with you.

MJ Fan 1992-Forever

My Org Family: Cinnie, bboy87, Cinnamon234, AnckSuNamun, lilgish, thekidsgirl, thesexofit, Universaluv, theSpark, littlemissG, ThreadCula, badujunkie, DANGEROUSx, Timmy84, MikeMatronik, DarlingDiana, dag, Nvncible1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/14/16 6:46pm

SoulAlive

We're having this incredible show in my area.....

Morris Day and The Time---Jeffrey Osborne---Shalamar---Heatwave----KC & The Sunshine Band----Zapp

KBLX Stone Soul 2016

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/15/16 5:20am

Vanilli

avatar

I saw KC and The Subshine Band live in 2014. They still put on a GREAt show. At one point during the show - KCeven made a fun joke saying "I'm what JustinTimverlake will look like in 50 years." The guy can still move and sing. The whole band was fantastic!
MJ Fan 1992-Forever

My Org Family: Cinnie, bboy87, Cinnamon234, AnckSuNamun, lilgish, thekidsgirl, thesexofit, Universaluv, theSpark, littlemissG, ThreadCula, badujunkie, DANGEROUSx, Timmy84, MikeMatronik, DarlingDiana, dag, Nvncible1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/15/16 2:17pm

NorthC

Bootsy is the only one who could rival Prince in terms of stage presence and charisma. I read a review of a Prince gig here that said he "lovebombs" the crowd and Bootsy does the same- maybe even more! It's been years since I last saw him, but I expect he'll be playing the old P-Funk classics again. And he'll probably get off stage and take a walk through the audience. They even turned that into a song: Touch Everybody! Always a party! Have a funky good time!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/15/16 8:10pm

madhouseman

Kool & The Gang was amazing. I saw them open for Van Halen (I know... right?). They were great. Have fun.

The expanded version of my book PRINCE and The Purple Rain Era Studio Sessions 1983-1984 was released in November 2018. (www.amazon.com/gp/product/1538114623/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0) or www.facebook.com/groups/1...104195943/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/16/16 10:25am

Fizer

avatar

Will see them live as well in August at Kansas City. Sadly never got to see Prince live, so this is the closest thing. (unless The Revolution is in the area eventually).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/16/16 10:50am

babynoz

SoulAlive said:

We're having this incredible show in my area.....

Morris Day and The Time---Jeffrey Osborne---Shalamar---Heatwave----KC & The Sunshine Band----Zapp

KBLX Stone Soul 2016




Saw KC and the Sunshine Band in March. Excellent show.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/16/16 3:22pm

Vanilli

avatar

Fizer said:

Will see them live as well in August at Kansas City. Sadly never got to see Prince live, so this is the closest thing. (unless The Revolution is in the area eventually).


Me too. I had to double check and make sure I didn't post that.
Maybe I'll see you at the show smile
MJ Fan 1992-Forever

My Org Family: Cinnie, bboy87, Cinnamon234, AnckSuNamun, lilgish, thekidsgirl, thesexofit, Universaluv, theSpark, littlemissG, ThreadCula, badujunkie, DANGEROUSx, Timmy84, MikeMatronik, DarlingDiana, dag, Nvncible1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/18/16 6:15am

FUNKYNESS

It just isn't a Time concert without Jerome. I was amazed to discover this as I assumed the gut with the least amount of talent and not a real musician wouldn't leave such a void. Those imitation Jeromes that have are horrible. I saw a show years ago where they had 2 - one was this big goofy looking Asian dude. After going to see them at every opportunity since 1982, I was stunned that I came away disappointed from a Time show. I have seen them at least 25 times.

Save America - Stop Illegal Immigration. God bless America. PEACE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/19/16 6:01am

pinkpaisley

I hope they come to Orlando!! I was checking out the dates and there is nothing planned for Florida yet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/19/16 12:54pm

Rhastus

Vanilli said:

I've got front row tickets to see Morris Day, Kool & The Gang, and Bootsy live this August. I'm super excited - it is at a great venue in my hometown - outdoors. I'm curious of what to expect, and have a few questions. Firstly, I know Kool & The Gang are the headliners - but didn't they switch lead vocalists years back? How are they live? Secondly, now-a-days - are Morris and The Time still "The Time" - will Jimmy Jam and Lewis be there? How about a certain mirror? Lastly - let's talk about Bootsy. Been a fan for more then a decade but I have NO idea what to expect from his live-show. I know-I know I could YouTube it but was curious to hear more of people's personal experience. Does anyone know by August- will The Time be doing any special tribute to P?

On a different note..one last thing...a special shout out to all my original Org fam from 2005/06 whenever I joined. I haven't posted here in 3 years but when Prince died...I wanted to come back and check in. If any of you are still hanging around...my hearts are with you.

Aside from Morris, Jellybean and Monte are the only original member. That being said Tori and Freeze have been in the group for over twenty years and are fantastic. Jerome has been gone for ten years now(aside from the O7 shows). I've only seen Bootsy once, but it was a nearly three hour show in a club in New Orleans and one of the best shows I've ever seen. This being a package show you won't get that, but it sounds like it will be alot of fun.

[Edited 5/19/16 12:56pm]

We don't need no microwave


http://www.facebook.com/rhastus.hybosky
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/19/16 3:32pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

SoulAlive said:

We're having this incredible show in my area.....



Morris Day and The Time---Jeffrey Osborne---Shalamar---Heatwave----KC & The Sunshine Band----Zapp




KBLX Stone Soul 2016


I was going to go to this ..damn.. lol
Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Seeing Morris Day & The Time, Kool & The Gang, and Bootsy Live in August!!!!