independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 25th Jan 2020 3:49pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park Celebration 2020 - June 4 - June 7
« Previous topic  Next topic »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/16/19 11:57am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Paisley Park Celebration 2020 - June 4 - June 7

79348994_10156915621749103_6249474928064593920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeG52LTwTP-_eSBx-do6sAZ3MfvFt4YINMsqp7kzpvFdV8SBWcdZBoC_kfJzFmHHh_ZT2Eb2-aUVhnF58LR5h1_NsEa7CkKMzll3MnYbmxzbmQ&_nc_ohc=5MBzWoIfdigAQlSrA98l_ENoh4Poh55p7w1ChTU34f3zM2zmuuQVpo-Iw&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&oh=4f59cdd88ab993efcdd631afb3ae396e&oe=5E7B9864

********************

Jun 4, 2020 at 12 PM – Jun 7, 2020 at 12 PM CDT|||||

We are pleased to announce CELEBRATION 2020 taking place June 4th - 7th at Paisley Park. Join us for this exclusive 4 day event honoring and celebrating the legacy of Prince.R U in?

Sign up for Paisley Park Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2PXdxZo

Prince's friend vid: https://www.youtube.com/w...KjcPaisley Park Celebration 2020 Dates Confirmed (Prince News)



FIND US
lrqcOTQhBUL.png
7801 Audubon Road
Chanhassen, Minnesota
BUSINESS INFO


Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/16/19 3:48pm

grantevans

avatar

Great that they moved it to June!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/16/19 6:04pm

bluefish

avatar

I'm beyond excited! excited

‎https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvmsrcg1qD_wVuS4qnopmQg
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/16/19 6:48pm

ladygirl99

Yes that's what up. Celebrate on the birthday.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/17/19 11:16am

rogifan

Finally they moved it to a month with decent weather. But with the stale format plus associates doing their own events in Minneapolis I'm not sure I see this surviving much longer. It's a lot of money to see the same performers and hear the same stories year after year.

Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/17/19 11:25am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

rogifan said:

Finally they moved it to a month with decent weather. But with the stale format plus associates doing their own events in Minneapolis I'm not sure I see this surviving much longer. It's a lot of money to see the same performers and hear the same stories year after year.



We don't who will be available year after year and besides not every one can afford to come year after year. And I am glad that Celebration would be year after year as it gives folks opportunites to attend when they can.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/17/19 7:54pm

ladygirl99

bluefish said:

I'm beyond excited! excited

I hope I can make it there either next year or 2021. This is my pilgrimage.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/18/19 12:49am

TheFreakerFant
astic

avatar

Good they've switched it to his birthday. Even though P said we could celebrate when he left us, I always found it rather mawkish and creepy celebrating it on his death day as it is recalling a sad day for most fans (apart from die hard JW's). Whilst his birthday has happy / celebratory associations and has done through the years.

I have yet to go though but as he sings in White Mansion...."Ah, maybe one day"

[Edited 12/18/19 0:52am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/18/19 9:26am

motherfunka

avatar

I don't know who has actually went to a Celebration and who hasn't. For those of us that did, we were not there to celebrate his death and I felt some comfort in the fact that I was with a 1000 other people who was in awe of this man as much as I was on the day of his death. I could care less if the Celebration was held in April, June, or August.

TRUE BLUE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/18/19 12:16pm

XNY

avatar

I am super excited the Family has moved the event to June. As we all know Prince didn't celebrate birthdays but he did have most of the Celebrations in the month of June. And honestly, I DO celebrate his birthday. I'd like to do that with all you crazy MF's wacky excited

And...this is exciting for two reasons...it's easier for many of us to take time off in summer - myself included, and secondly - it's a lot colder in April than June in Minnesota. It's either raining every day or the dirt covered snow mounds are still melting in April(why do i live here again? hmm)

All that said-- Celebration 2020 !! Can't wait !! yes music headbang excited party yoda bananadance

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion" -- Martha Graham
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/25/19 5:20pm

TurnItUp

XNY said:

I am super excited the Family has moved the event to June. As we all know Prince didn't celebrate birthdays but he did have most of the Celebrations in the month of June. And honestly, I DO celebrate his birthday. I'd like to do that with all you crazy MF's wacky excited

And...this is exciting for two reasons...it's easier for many of us to take time off in summer - myself included, and secondly - it's a lot colder in April than June in Minnesota. It's either raining every day or the dirt covered snow mounds are still melting in April(why do i live here again? hmm)

All that said-- Celebration 2020 !! Can't wait !! yes music headbang excited party yoda bananadance

He didn't celebrate birthdays once he became a JW. He used to celebrate his birthday before that. There's pictures of him celebrating with a birthday cake in the early days.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/30/19 4:52pm

7thday

avatar

TurnItUp said:

XNY said:

I am super excited the Family has moved the event to June. As we all know Prince didn't celebrate birthdays but he did have most of the Celebrations in the month of June. And honestly, I DO celebrate his birthday. I'd like to do that with all you crazy MF's wacky excited

And...this is exciting for two reasons...it's easier for many of us to take time off in summer - myself included, and secondly - it's a lot colder in April than June in Minnesota. It's either raining every day or the dirt covered snow mounds are still melting in April(why do i live here again? hmm)

All that said-- Celebration 2020 !! Can't wait !! yes music headbang excited party yoda bananadance

He didn't celebrate birthdays once he became a JW. He used to celebrate his birthday before that. There's pictures of him celebrating with a birthday cake in the early days.

Left Heaven - June 7, 1958

Returned to Heaven - April 21, 2016

Reason for returning to Heaven - Jimi needed a vacation after 46 years of amazing everyone.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Paisley Park Celebration 2020 - June 4 - June 7