independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Chanhassen votes 3-2 against Paisley Park Museum...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 10 of 17 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #270 posted 10/04/16 12:29pm

NinaB

avatar

SquirrelMeat said:



NinaB said:


DiamondsnPearls44 said:


omg x 2...hot ass mess



Awful. I'd be seriously upset if I'd made plans & spent a load of cash 2 come from london. Shockingly bad.


I had hotel and car sorted, but had the finger hovering on the button for the London to MPLS flight. Once I saw the fiasco around the 'official' memorial, safety mode kicked in (eg learnings from London SOTT tour, Blenhiem Palace, Crystal Ball, Lotusflower, Piano and a Mic) and I cancelled.

Same people managing things, same results.


Good thing that finger stayed hovering!
lol Mum bought us tickets 4 the SOTT gig, would a been my 1st P gig. I'm still sad about that! eek lol
"We just let people talk & say whatever they want 2 say. 9 times out of 10, trust me, what's out there now, I wouldn't give nary one of these folks the time of day. That's why I don't say anything back, because there's so much that's wrong" - P, Dec '15
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #271 posted 10/04/16 12:29pm

DiamondsnPearl
s44

avatar

Hawaiian66 said:

Londell McMillan just stated on his Twitter page that Paisley Park management is working on the fans concerns.

At this point Londell's credibility is almost gone confused

RIP Prince I will forever heart and miss U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #272 posted 10/04/16 12:30pm

CMSantos71

Shame on everyone who let this happen! They should have NEVER sold tickets knowing this was possible and they should absolutley refund money to everyone who bought tickets. My heart hurts at the thought of all the fams who paid hundreds of dollars to go to Paisley Park and to wake up to this. I tweeted Londell and the PRN twitter account. They need to know how we feel!! This is total disrepect to not only Princes legacy but to all the fams who he loved and in turn loved him!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #273 posted 10/04/16 12:31pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

they should at least allow the first few tours

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #274 posted 10/04/16 12:32pm

1Sasha

darkroman, I agree with you. They should have taken a year to sort everything out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #275 posted 10/04/16 12:33pm

rogifan

DiamondsnPearls44 said:



Hawaiian66 said:


Londell McMillan just stated on his Twitter page that Paisley Park management is working on the fans concerns.









At this point Londell's credibility is almost gone confused


How involved is Londell in opeining PP? I don't think he is.

Anyway the city just released an official statement. Basically they're not looking at this again until Dec 20 and fans need to direct their concerns to the Estate. What a joke.

http://www.ci.chanhassen....view/3109/
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #276 posted 10/04/16 12:35pm

mynameisnotsus
an

CMSantos71 said:



Shame on everyone who let this happen! They should have NEVER sold tickets knowing this was possible and they should absolutley refund money to everyone who bought tickets. My heart hurts at the thought of all the fams who paid hundreds of dollars to go to Paisley Park and to wake up to this. I tweeted Londell and the PRN twitter account. They need to know how we feel!! This is total disrepect to not only Princes legacy but to all the fams who he loved and in turn loved him!!!



Completely callous and disrespectful of his most hardcore fans disbelief
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #277 posted 10/04/16 12:38pm

DiamondsnPearl
s44

avatar

rogifan said:

DiamondsnPearls44 said:

At this point Londell's credibility is almost gone confused

How involved is Londell in opeining PP? I don't think he is. Anyway the city just released an official statement. Basically they're not looking at this again until Dec 20 and fans need to direct their concerns to the Estate. What a joke. http://www.ci.chanhassen....view/3109/

Yeah but Londell has had his hand in alot of the things related to Prince's estate from asking fans to turn in bootleggers and such to this mess. These people are so wrong for taking advantage of Prince's fans. Yes his credibility is shot!

RIP Prince I will forever heart and miss U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #278 posted 10/04/16 12:40pm

AlexHahn

This situation is certainly not the fault of the City Counsel. They are acting as a dligent municipal body and evaluating an important issue in what appears to be a methodical manner.

The fact that tickets were sold, and announcements made about the opening of PP as a museum before this issue was put before the City Counsel, is a shameful and gross example of mismanagement that is gravely against the interests of the estate and the legacy of Prince Rogers Nelson.

The Bremer Trust has revealed itself to be an amateurish and shamefully inept steward. Any beneficiary of PRN's estate should be in court this afternoon petitioning for the removal of the Trust.

The tens of thousands of dollars of fees that the Trust has charged to the Estate should be disgorged.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #279 posted 10/04/16 12:40pm

DiamondsnPearl
s44

avatar

I said it a few months ago that I wouldnt support anything these people do and this is another example of their disregard for Prince's fans.

RIP Prince I will forever heart and miss U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #280 posted 10/04/16 12:40pm

one2vibe

avatar

Well if this is any indication of how the estate plans the manage Prince's Legacy, WE R ALL DOOMED. sad Doomed I tell you.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #281 posted 10/04/16 12:42pm

ForeverPaisley

PurpleSpirit319 said:

I hate to say this, but, in all honesty, Paisley Park themselves are to blame for all this in being TOO hasty in everything and so eager to cash in on their deceased boss, without the final OFFICIAL approval from the City Council first. Paisley Park, like their deceased boss, live in their own world with no regard to officialdom or laws or anything!! They are basically laws unto themselves!! They should be turning around and refunding everyone for everything!!! Also, just like their deceased boss, they are not experts at business and organization!!! Everything was all TOO rushed!!!

In the real world, you cant just build an extension on your home or even build a new home without submitting plans and blueprints to local councils FIRST and then waiting for their approval before you can go ahead(Not sure about the US, but here in the UK this is what has to happen BY LAW). It seems as though Paisley Park were so delusional that didnt feel they had to do anything like that!! You cant just go ahead and do what u like, when u like, where u like, how u like and with who u like in the REAL WORLD!!!

I am just glad that I didnt blindly jump on this museum bandwagon and had the COMMON SENSE to wait a while untill everything was set in stone!!! I live in the UK and I am so glad that I didnt hastily book flights, motel rooms, rented a car, got tour tix, unlike a lot of u guys, who, I am sure, are gonna lose 1000s of dollars!!!

Oh well, I guess u live and learn!!! biggrin

Why do I feel like you're jackhammering 'deceased boss' Like...you've reduced PRINCE...do just that? disbelief

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #282 posted 10/04/16 12:44pm

ksl1974

I blame the organizers of this....AND city council. I have a feeling they (Paisley Park organizers) were led to believe, by city council, that things were 99% a go-ahead. Should they have sold tickets without a 100% guarantee they could open as planned?....no. However........if they were led to believe things were fine, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. I just can't see them going thru the work of all this, selling tickets, the hiring people, renovating, etc etc....without really truly thinking things were fine. Somewhere...somehow....I think they were also deceived.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #283 posted 10/04/16 12:44pm

babynoz

First of all, chastising people who bought tickets in good faith is uncalled for and not funny. I hope for their sakes this dilemma is resolved.

I do not believe for one minute that Bremer and Graceland were not assured that all was in order. This sounds like some small town, bumfuck backwater tactic at the eleventh hour simply because they have the leverage to do so in order to extract some further concessions from Paisley Park. If anything, the Estate and Graceland failed to grease the right palms in order to ensure that business could proceed as planned.

Out of the blue the three stooges on the council all of a sudden, suddenly wait until last possible second to voice concerns over traffic and safety issues when they have known about these plans at least since August? Smells fishy to me.

Bremer and Graceland may have a cause of action against the city depending on what they were told and by whom. Perhaps that is why they are trying to negotiate.

Mind you, these are just some thoughts/speculations.


Do they really want this many disgruntled visitors in Chanhassen? Because that is who will be blamed, rightly or wrongly.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #284 posted 10/04/16 12:44pm

ForeverPaisley

FUNKNROLL said:

Skip the vitriol and venom. Consider using this form letter with your personal details added. Dear sir or madam - Thank you for your time. I have purchased non refundable airfare, hotel accommodations and tickets for the purpose of visiting Paisley Park in Chanhassen, on DDMMYYYY. My receipts currently total $XXXX.00. Like many others, I planned my trip and purchased my non refundable travel after national news media announced the city of Chanhassen approved Paisley Park's use and opening. I found no reports on behalf of the city of Chanhassen contradicting the national news media. Today I learned the city council has decided to not allow entry into Paisley Park. I am writing to ask how might Paisley Park and the city of Chanhassen work together to honor the current tickets AND current zoning? I am uncertain of the technical requirements that define a museum facility. However, let's not forget - Prince held many large public events in the space with its current zoning and he charged for entry. Thank you for your time and consideration, YOUR NAME HERE

Thank you for this, I am going to use this template!

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #285 posted 10/04/16 12:45pm

one2vibe

avatar

ForeverPaisley said:

Luvu4ever said:

Unreal. Really upset and disappointed. I am already 700 dollars into it. Have made travel plans and have already paid for hotel room for 2 nights which is non refundable . VERY unlike anything Prince himself would have done. Loving MN as much as he did he would be very disappointed

I agree - I don't want to know where I'm at cost wise omg But non of it is refundable disbelief I mean, I'm trying to stay positive. There is a lot going on that week...going to CELEBRATE PRINCE with the fams, as intended. Super crushed PP is not a part of that, but not going to let it completely ruin this once in a lifetime trip. I can't afford to go all the time - as I sure most of us can't so for them to 'push it back' and possibly offer 'rainchecks' - that just won't do.

I hear ya. I Have alot of $$$ into it But I will be there from Oct 11-16 So ya'll wanna hang out?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #286 posted 10/04/16 12:46pm

ksl1974

babynoz said:

First of all, chastising people who bought tickets in good faith is uncalled for and not funny. I hope for their sakes this dilemma is resolved.

I do not believe for one minute that Bremer and Graceland were not assured that all was in order. This sounds like some small town, bumfuck backwater tactic at the eleventh hour simply because they have the leverage to do so in order to extract some further concessions from Paisley Park. If anything, the Estate and Graceland failed to grease the right palms in order to ensure that business could proceed as planned.

Out of the blue the three stooges on the council all of a sudden, suddenly wait until last possible second to voice concerns over traffic and safety issues when they have known about these plans at least since August? Smells fishy to me.

Bremer and Graceland may have a cause of action against the city depending on what they were told and by whom. Perhaps that is why they are trying to negotiate.

Mind you, these are just some thoughts/speculations.


Do they really want this many disgruntled visitors in Chanhassen? Because that is who will be blamed, rightly or wrongly.

Yep. That. Exactly

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #287 posted 10/04/16 12:47pm

Starrdust505

DiamondsnPearls44 said:

rogifan said:

DiamondsnPearls44 said: How involved is Londell in opeining PP? I don't think he is. Anyway the city just released an official statement. Basically they're not looking at this again until Dec 20 and fans need to direct their concerns to the Estate. What a joke. http://www.ci.chanhassen....view/3109/

Yeah but Londell has had his hand in alot of the things related to Prince's estate from asking fans to turn in bootleggers and such to this mess. These people are so wrong for taking advantage of Prince's fans. Yes his credibility is shot!

I maybe incorrect here but I thought Londell was the lawyer for the Estate? And PP is part of the estate. I'm sure Londell was a part of the negotiations with Graceland regarding the opening of the museum. I agree, he has had his hand in a lot of issues since the get go. To me his credibility was shot a long time ago! What a mess!!!!

Come now, isn't life a little better with a pair of good shoes? - Prince 1985
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #288 posted 10/04/16 12:49pm

one2vibe

avatar

The more I think about it, As much money as I have spent on Prince and Prince related merchandise, concerts, music, I'm pretty sure I helped pay for part of Paisley Park If not a brick at least a door or door knob. Thats it I'm comming for my share, wink I bought that front door knob to paisley park, I'm taking my claim. PURPLE LIVES MATTER!!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #289 posted 10/04/16 12:49pm

ForeverPaisley

CDinwiddie said:

SquirrelMeat said:
Wow. I guess you just got released.
Ha! Good one. And I guess you've just outed yourself as one of the "I told you sos." The rest of us won't miss you while we are in MPLS, Squirrelmeat. My note wasn't specifically directed at you. Just your kind. Thanks for self-identifying.

Guys, please. The last thing we need are people attacking each other's positions when everyone is sensitive about this disheartening news. If you planned the trip of a lifetime somewhere, around a particular event or location and it was suddenly cancelled (with barely 2 days notice for those enroute right now) you would be chafed too. Purple Fam needs to stand together, not divided.

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #290 posted 10/04/16 12:49pm

rogifan

AlexHahn said:

This situation is certainly not the fault of the City Counsel. They are acting as a dligent municipal body and evaluating an important issue in what appears to be a methodical manner.



The fact that tickets were sold, and announcements made about the opening of PP as a museum before this issue was put before the City Counsel, is a shameful and gross example of mismanagement that is gravely against the interests of the estate and the legacy of Prince Rogers Nelson.



The Bremer Trust has revealed itself to be an amateurish and shamefully inept steward. Any beneficiary of PRN's estate should be in court this afternoon petitioning for the removal of the Trust.



The tens of thousands of dollars of fees that the Trust has charged to the Estate should be disgorged.




BS they're just as much to blame. No way would Graceland hire staff and start selling tickets if they knew approval was iffy at best. The city council is just throwing its weight around wanting to show who's boss. And they know they won't get the blame or have to deal with people who are out a lot of money. Shame on all of them for this clusterf**k.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #291 posted 10/04/16 12:50pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

one2vibe said:

The more I think about it, As much money as I have spent on Prince and Prince related merchandise, concerts, music, I'm pretty sure I helped pay for part of Paisley Park If not a brick at least a door or door knob. Thats it I'm comming for my share, wink I bought that front door knob to paisley park, I'm taking my claim. PURPLE LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Good slogan.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #292 posted 10/04/16 12:51pm

rogifan

babynoz said:

First of all, chastising people who bought tickets in good faith is uncalled for and not funny. I hope for their sakes this dilemma is resolved.

I do not believe for one minute that Bremer and Graceland were not assured that all was in order. This sounds like some small town, bumfuck backwater tactic at the eleventh hour simply because they have the leverage to do so in order to extract some further concessions from Paisley Park. If anything, the Estate and Graceland failed to grease the right palms in order to ensure that business could proceed as planned.

Out of the blue the three stooges on the council all of a sudden, suddenly wait until last possible second to voice concerns over traffic and safety issues when they have known about these plans at least since August? Smells fishy to me.

Bremer and Graceland may have a cause of action against the city depending on what they were told and by whom. Perhaps that is why they are trying to negotiate.

Mind you, these are just some thoughts/speculations.


Do they really want this many disgruntled visitors in Chanhassen? Because that is who will be blamed, rightly or wrongly.


yeahthat
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #293 posted 10/04/16 12:51pm

SquirrelMeat

avatar

one2vibe said:

The more I think about it, As much money as I have spent on Prince and Prince related merchandise, concerts, music, I'm pretty sure I helped pay for part of Paisley Park If not a brick at least a door or door knob. Thats it I'm comming for my share, wink I bought that front door knob to paisley park, I'm taking my claim. PURPLE LIVES MATTER!!!!!


I really feel you you. I've been on the wrong end of poor PRN Productions too many times.

But you know its a great city, you've still got the memorial and dance parties, a visit outside of the park, lake Minnatonka, First Ave, Calhoun Sq, Electric Featus and of course the great cinema showings of the films. Soak it up... and steal the door knob. Its yours.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #294 posted 10/04/16 12:52pm

babynoz

ksl1974 said:

I blame the organizers of this....AND city council. I have a feeling they (Paisley Park organizers) were led to believe, by city council, that things were 99% a go-ahead. Should they have sold tickets without a 100% guarantee they could open as planned?....no. However........if they were led to believe things were fine, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. I just can't see them going thru the work of all this, selling tickets, the hiring people, renovating, etc etc....without really truly thinking things were fine. Somewhere...somehow....I think they were also deceived.



I agree.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #295 posted 10/04/16 12:53pm

2020

avatar

The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #296 posted 10/04/16 12:53pm

rogifan

Starrdust505 said:



DiamondsnPearls44 said:




rogifan said:


DiamondsnPearls44 said: How involved is Londell in opeining PP? I don't think he is. Anyway the city just released an official statement. Basically they're not looking at this again until Dec 20 and fans need to direct their concerns to the Estate. What a joke. http://www.ci.chanhassen....view/3109/

Yeah but Londell has had his hand in alot of the things related to Prince's estate from asking fans to turn in bootleggers and such to this mess. These people are so wrong for taking advantage of Prince's fans. Yes his credibility is shot!



I maybe incorrect here but I thought Londell was the lawyer for the Estate? And PP is part of the estate. I'm sure Londell was a part of the negotiations with Graceland regarding the opening of the museum. I agree, he has had his hand in a lot of issues since the get go. To me his credibility was shot a long time ago! What a mess!!!!


My understanding is he is involved in the music side of the estate. According to the Star Tribune he's only on retainer until November. This is not his only job.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #297 posted 10/04/16 12:56pm

babynoz

rogifan said:

AlexHahn said:

This situation is certainly not the fault of the City Counsel. They are acting as a dligent municipal body and evaluating an important issue in what appears to be a methodical manner.

The fact that tickets were sold, and announcements made about the opening of PP as a museum before this issue was put before the City Counsel, is a shameful and gross example of mismanagement that is gravely against the interests of the estate and the legacy of Prince Rogers Nelson.

The Bremer Trust has revealed itself to be an amateurish and shamefully inept steward. Any beneficiary of PRN's estate should be in court this afternoon petitioning for the removal of the Trust.

The tens of thousands of dollars of fees that the Trust has charged to the Estate should be disgorged.

BS they're just as much to blame. No way would Graceland hire staff and start selling tickets if they knew approval was iffy at best. The city council is just throwing its weight around wanting to show who's boss. And they know they won't get the blame or have to deal with people who are out a lot of money. Shame on all of them for this clusterf**k.



Thank you. A "diligent municipal body" would have scheduled this item on their agenda in a timely manner in the first place.

This is a maneuver.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #298 posted 10/04/16 12:57pm

ForeverPaisley

ufoclub said:

If it was opened for the celebrations why couldn't they do the same now for ticket holders?

yeahthat

Dance where y'are, just groove y'all.
canada
Commemorative Guitar Picks, Buttons & Magnets - check Marketplace 4 info
wave thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #299 posted 10/04/16 12:57pm

PennyPurple

avatar

It's just as much the city's fault as it is PP. The city council could have an emergency meeting and issue temporary permits. This is bull hockey.

As much as Prince did for that community and then they turn around and do this.

If there was a burden on PP before to pay the taxes, there really is a double burden on them now.

Prince had parties there all the time and never had this problem. After he died look how many people visited PP.

As far as I'm concerned PP has done all the city has asked of them, including the fence being cleaned off and changing entrances around. Look at all the people they've hired. The city council has kicked the fans to the curb and they've kicked PP to the curb also. It's doubtful they would've done this if Prince were still alive and opening up PP.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 10 of 17 « First<67891011121314>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Chanhassen votes 3-2 against Paisley Park Museum...