independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 3:26pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Australia 2016?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/25/15 2:24pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

Australia 2016?

Is it too early to start talking about an Org Invasion for 2016?

If not...can we talk about Melbourne, Australia?

As many of you know, Zombeekeeten has been the catalyst for the past 3 Invasions...and next year she's staying put.

SO...if she can't come to the party, let the party come to her?

jet

What you you all say???

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/28/15 12:08pm

sexton

avatar

I would really like to visit Australia again, but my 2016 work schedule is a big question mark right now so I can't make any commitments until that gets sorted out.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/29/15 9:06am

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

I would really like to visit Australia again, but my 2016 work schedule is a big question mark right now so I can't make any commitments until that gets sorted out.


mad

fishslap

That won't cut it.

We HAVE to keep our core group together (you, me, Stymie & Zombee...we've been at all 3 past ones).

grouphug

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/29/15 9:09am

PurpleJedi

avatar

Where's TheKidsGirl? Maybe she'll take your place.

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/29/15 9:28am

sexton

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

sexton said:

I would really like to visit Australia again, but my 2016 work schedule is a big question mark right now so I can't make any commitments until that gets sorted out.


mad

fishslap

That won't cut it.

We HAVE to keep our core group together (you, me, Stymie & Zombee...we've been at all 3 past ones).

grouphug


I'm pretty sure I can go, it's just a question of for how long. Since travel time between there and the east coast of the states is a full day, I'd want to go for more than just a few days.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/29/15 9:29am

sexton

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

Where's TheKidsGirl? Maybe she'll take your place.


I think Stacey will get there even if she has to mail herself. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/29/15 2:20pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

PurpleJedi said:


mad

fishslap

That won't cut it.

We HAVE to keep our core group together (you, me, Stymie & Zombee...we've been at all 3 past ones).

grouphug


I'm pretty sure I can go, it's just a question of for how long. Since travel time between there and the east coast of the states is a full day, I'd want to go for more than just a few days.


woot!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/29/15 2:20pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

PurpleJedi said:

Where's TheKidsGirl? Maybe she'll take your place.


I think Stacey will get there even if she has to mail herself. lol


lol

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/29/15 10:02pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

FYI
End March has Easter in it and falls in the school holidays here which leaves me not so flexible with outings because I got 3 of my own boys to entertain, so even though I recommend that time of year as the nicest weather wise, it's not good for me. End Feb works better and end April is ok too just cooler.
Since sexton has the rigid work/deadline schedule I want to leave it up to him to choose.

Melbourne is a pretty big place, not intimate and cute like Minneapolis. I apologise in advance for having no clue about where to go to eat! (since with my food intolerances I generally don't eat out boxed ) but we might be able to ask some of the other locals like panthagirl and lilmissmissy to recommend somewhere. Not only that but the city is spread out almost as much as LA, and I live out in the burbs mad
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/30/15 5:07pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

I'm interested in this happening! Only thing, is since I have a new employer, I don't know how fast I'll accrue vacation time and I currently have none sad .

But for now, count me as 75% in for it.
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/30/15 5:09pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

sexton said:



PurpleJedi said:


Where's TheKidsGirl? Maybe she'll take your place.




I think Stacey will get there even if she has to mail herself. lol




hmmm Is this one of your budget traveling tips? Shall I look into postage costs? lol

.
[Edited 8/31/15 7:26am]
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/31/15 11:42am

PurpleJedi

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

FYI End March has Easter in it and falls in the school holidays here which leaves me not so flexible with outings because I got 3 of my own boys to entertain, so even though I recommend that time of year as the nicest weather wise, it's not good for me. End Feb works better and end April is ok too just cooler. Since sexton has the rigid work/deadline schedule I want to leave it up to him to choose. Melbourne is a pretty big place, not intimate and cute like Minneapolis. I apologise in advance for having no clue about where to go to eat! (since with my food intolerances I generally don't eat out boxed ) but we might be able to ask some of the other locals like panthagirl and lilmissmissy to recommend somewhere. Not only that but the city is spread out almost as much as LA, and I live out in the burbs mad



thumbs up!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/31/15 11:45am

PurpleJedi

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

I'm interested in this happening! Only thing, is since I have a new employer, I don't know how fast I'll accrue vacation time and I currently have none sad . But for now, count me as 75% in for it.



cool

I'd like to make a disclaimer as well; next May is my daughter's Sweet 16, and in February I'm supposed to take my son on a belated father-son trip...so...I myself may not be able to make this Invasion.

But keeping hope alive, I'm also counting myself in 75% for it! highfive

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/01/15 10:22am

sexton

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

thekidsgirl said:

I'm interested in this happening! Only thing, is since I have a new employer, I don't know how fast I'll accrue vacation time and I currently have none sad . But for now, count me as 75% in for it.



cool

I'd like to make a disclaimer as well; next May is my daughter's Sweet 16, and in February I'm supposed to take my son on a belated father-son trip...so...I myself may not be able to make this Invasion.

But keeping hope alive, I'm also counting myself in 75% for it! highfive


Australia would be an awesome belated father-son trip! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/01/15 5:48pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

sexton said:

PurpleJedi said:



cool

I'd like to make a disclaimer as well; next May is my daughter's Sweet 16, and in February I'm supposed to take my son on a belated father-son trip...so...I myself may not be able to make this Invasion.

But keeping hope alive, I'm also counting myself in 75% for it! highfive


Australia would be an awesome belated father-son trip! biggrin

can you do April or is that too close to your reunion?

I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/02/15 9:05am

sexton

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

sexton said:


Australia would be an awesome belated father-son trip! biggrin

can you do April or is that too close to your reunion?


It's not too close. But my 2016 work schedule as of right now gives me more free time between every other month: Jan-Feb, Mar-April, May-Jun, etc. and less time between Feb-Mar, Apr-May, Jun-Jul. It's not definite though, it could all change before the end of the year.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/02/15 9:22am

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

PurpleJedi said:



cool

I'd like to make a disclaimer as well; next May is my daughter's Sweet 16, and in February I'm supposed to take my son on a belated father-son trip...so...I myself may not be able to make this Invasion.

But keeping hope alive, I'm also counting myself in 75% for it! highfive


Australia would be an awesome belated father-son trip! biggrin


hmmm

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/12/15 4:26pm

ThisOne

If the timing is right I will take the hour flight down to Melb
Art Official Age
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/12/15 10:47pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

ThisOne said:

If the timing is right I will take the hour flight down to Melb


woot!

dancing jig

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/15/15 1:41pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

So...if this thing DOES happen...what dates would we choose?

Zombee suggested End of March whilst also saying it was no good for her (the very person who we're invading).
fishslap

How about the beginning of March???

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/15/15 9:24pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

So...if this thing DOES happen...what dates would we choose?

Zombee suggested End of March whilst also saying it was no good for her (the very person who we're invading).
fishslap

How about the beginning of March???

Youse can all come whenever you want mr.green and I'll hang out when I can nod

I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/16/15 8:25am

sexton

avatar

I can go for one week at the beginning of March or two weeks at the end of March/beginning of April.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/16/15 2:07pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

I can go for one week at the beginning of March or two weeks at the end of March/beginning of April.


That sounds like a decent plan...will begin my pricing using the dates Saturday March 26th through Sunday April 10th.

jet

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/16/15 7:34pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

PurpleJedi said:



sexton said:


I can go for one week at the beginning of March or two weeks at the end of March/beginning of April.




That sounds like a decent plan...will begin my pricing using the dates Saturday March 26th through Sunday April 10th.

jet



March 25-April 10 is school vacation time here. I won't be able to participate being that I'll have 3 boys on my watch
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/16/15 7:36pm

ZombieKitten

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

So...if this thing DOES happen...what dates would we choose?

Zombee suggested End of March whilst also saying it was no good for her (the very person who we're invading).
fishslap

How about the beginning of March???


Yeah sorry I didn't realise about Easter when I suggested it boxed
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/17/15 6:07am

PurpleJedi

avatar

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/17/15 6:11am

PurpleJedi

avatar

ThisOne said:

If the timing is right I will take the hour flight down to Melb


What's good timing? Help Zombee out

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/18/15 4:22pm

ThisOne

March 17 to March 20
March 31 to April 3
April 15 to April 17
April 29 to May 1
Art Official Age
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/19/15 3:06am

ZombieKitten

avatar

bawl
I'm the mistake you wanna make
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/19/15 8:06pm

sexton

avatar

ThisOne said:

March 17 to March 20
March 31 to April 3
April 15 to April 17
April 29 to May 1


April 29th to May 1st definitely works for me. But that's like autumn in oz, isn't it?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Australia 2016?