independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 15th Nov 2019 2:45pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Art, Podcasts, & Fan Content > My new songs on MP3.com - what do you think?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

artist08

My new songs on MP3.com - what do you think?

Please listen to and review my newest songs on MP3.com. "Falling Back" was actually done in this guy's basement studio. He's the one playing the piss-poor drums and he recorded and mixed it. Please feel free to review and critique! Thanks. Link below:
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/23/03 1:44pm

7salles

I don't know how to review this song.
But I like it. It's catchy.
Reply #2 posted 05/23/03 6:06pm

paisleypark4

7salles said:

I don't know how to review this song.
But I like it. It's catchy.

2 tell u the truth I can't get in2 this song. I dont like the feel 2 it. It just sounds kinda lame 2 me. I dont mean 2 offend. I just cant get in2 it. Sounds REM inspired though i must say...
Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
Reply #3 posted 05/23/03 6:47pm

otan

Hey hey.

Interesting song. I like the group-vocals treatment, really gets a good "singalong" feel. The chord progression/drumming make the song feel like mid-70's Beach Boys meets R.E.M.?

Something like that.
The Last Otan Track: www.funkmusician.com/what.mp3
Reply #4 posted 05/24/03 7:43am

neronava

hmmm...a little safe for my taste. I lke the way the background vocals are recorded, but the lead is a little sharp. And the lyrics kind of sound like your reading them...maybe because u recorded it fast. Nice chords...though. But hey what do I know...

Nero

If anyone hasn't gave my music a chance, please try...if u already have & hate it...try again.

http://artists.mp3s.com/a...teele.html
Reply #5 posted 05/24/03 8:58am

VinaBlue

Hey, this is pretty cool. It has kind of a Beatles/Smiths feel to it. I do agree with the comment that it sounds like you are reading the lyrics. In other words, I dont feel what you are singing, but that is probably because you recorded it so fast. I like your voice in this though, and the back ground vocals are cool.

Good chords. I really like this song actually, I just think you need to re-record it and get a more powerful lead vocal on it. The first verse is good, it should be kinda mellow, kinda melencholy. I just think it should build with each verse, the tension in your voice. You know, like acting!

Oh silly, me, I just got DSL and I was listening to the lo-fi track. nuts Ok, the broadband version sounds MUCH better! I really like the "ahhhs" too. Nice job. This is really catchy, great chorus. This is very British sounding to me. Takes me back to highschool when I was into this kind of music. I think I'll download this one!

music

Funny Thing kinda reminds me of Crowded House. I love them. It also sounds like something else I've heard before, but I can't place it. I always say that's a good quality for music to have. It sounds like somthing good I've heard before, but not like an exact copy. I like the harmonies on this one. The false ending is nice, then you end upbruptly, I like that.

Good stuff man. guitar
[This message was edited Sat May 24 9:31:00 PDT 2003 by VinaBlue]
Reply #6 posted 05/24/03 4:30pm

artist08

thanks, everyone for your comments. I added on more song, 'so good in blue' that you all might enjoy. Let me know what you think of that one, too. As for 'falling back', that was a first take lead vocal and I wasn't happy with it, but we continued to zip through the recording. I don't like the group chorus, either. I was reworking the song and doing it by myself acoustic and I think that it sounds much better so far. The bridge will sound much, much more like I wanted it to. Please continue to give feedback so I can keep learning. Thanks.
Reply #7 posted 05/27/03 6:31am

artist08

anyone like 'so good in blue?'
Reply #8 posted 05/27/03 9:54am

rio

i think 'so good in blue' is great, seriously..lyrics, melody..the whole thing...i also loved 'falling back...'

i think you have a real knack for song construction and lyrics...i'm def'ly a fan of you work...keep on doin your thing...
Reply #9 posted 05/27/03 10:44am

artist08

Rio, I must seriously thank you for your kind comments and support. Thanks a bunch!
Reply #10 posted 05/28/03 6:03am

artist08

Anyone else?
Reply #11 posted 05/28/03 6:28am

NFO

Hey! this is great stuff!

You deffinately have your own voice and that's really rare. Your music is always a pleasant surprize in that you can never guess what's going to be next.

And that's a really good thing.

(just noticed the finger snaps there tward the end, little stuff like that is always cool.)

[This message was edited Wed May 28 9:32:50 PDT 2003 by NFO]
Reply #12 posted 05/28/03 9:30am

artist08

Thanks!
Reply #13 posted 05/29/03 7:28am

neronava

Again...a little safe for my taste. I like some of the lyrics, there is a wierd backing vocal that comes in-that I was kind of thrown off by. But I think a song like this would work in a context of a record,not a single, a sit down & listen.

Nero
Reply #14 posted 06/03/03 6:02am

artist08

Nothing is written in stone - these tracks are all demos as far as I'm concerned. I'm assuming that some day I'll be in a studio recording some of these songs with kick-ass musicians. So keep your constructive criticism coming.
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Art, Podcasts, & Fan Content > My new songs on MP3.com - what do you think?