independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 21st Nov 2018 7:49am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > ANY word from Prince on Le Bataclan?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/15/15 10:21am

LOGIC

avatar

ANY word from Prince on Le Bataclan?

If I could get your attention, Prince:

How hard could it be for you to express SOMETHING w. r. t. the recent massacres in Paris?

.

You performed at the Stade de France yourself and you did three gigs at Le Bataclan over the past 20 years (in 1994, 1999 and 2002). It is assumed that you "love" Paris. You announced a gig in France’s capital, then delayed the pre-sale for the whole tour. I could kind of understand it if you cancelled this endeavour altogether … like you did 30 years ago. Or if you postponed it to 2016.

.

But why is there still NO word from you at least addressing the terror?

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/15/15 1:24pm

youngyosh

avatar

The sentiment is good but I would presume the forensic and intelligence agencies will be involved at le bataclan for some time.

I don't see any concert being held there for some time, never mind Prince playing it.

\o/\o/ ° The Breakdown = Best Prince song for 20 years
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/15/15 1:46pm

LOGIC

avatar

I never meant to imply that P should be doing any further shows at Le Bataclan! In fact, I seriously doubt that this venue will EVER see any further pop concerts by ANY live act again – be it in the near or in the far future. This place might turn into some sort of museum or a documentation center or whatever, but from my perspective light entertainment will NEVER be possible again there. How would a visitor feel inside a room that witnessed the butchering of some 86 or more innocent people? How could anyone be able to cheer, whisle, sing or dance?

.

All I was asking was, where is some sort of verbal or musical or any other kind of reaction from P’s side here? Maybe I’m expecting too much from our little friend. Still, his silence saddens me.

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/15/15 2:49pm

youngyosh

avatar

Ah no problem Logic, I misunderstood your idea. wink

\o/\o/ ° The Breakdown = Best Prince song for 20 years
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/15/15 4:55pm

raddahone

avatar

LOGIC said:

If I could get your attention, Prince:

How hard could it be for you to express SOMETHING w. r. t. the recent massacres in Paris?

.

You performed at the Stade de France yourself and you did three gigs at Le Bataclan over the past 20 years (in 1994, 1999 and 2002). It is assumed that you "love" Paris. You announced a gig in France’s capital, then delayed the pre-sale for the whole tour. I could kind of understand it if you cancelled this endeavour altogether … like you did 30 years ago. Or if you postponed it to 2016.

.

But why is there still NO word from you at least addressing the terror?

Can you give the man some time? How about some compassion too?

This could be one of the times that his actions to schedule a tour were before he indeed understood the reason why he was being called to make this gig. Have you ever been lead by your heart? Do you understand the vulnerability of a performer, or better said artist in this instance, when getting on the stage and moreover vulnerability of a stripped down gig of only Prince? Vunerability is now even potentially comingled now with this horrible occurence of innocent people dying in a most barbaric way.

All I have ever experienced is Prince performing with love. But, if we want him to bring his music, we need to bring love for healing of all. We all need healing from this terrible thing and only love will heal this. I was blessed to experience Prince in Baltimore when our city here needed healing. The music did change the vibration here...please give everyone some time to work through this situation in the solitude of their hearts...please send everyone Love. Silence is really often love in disguise.

Most angels - even Archangels are silently loving Earth and we can use this opportunity to be portals of Love so that, They, the Angels, can bring Love and Light and Healing to all, especially those directly impacted by this brutality.

~honey is b-ing 1 with the 1~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/15/15 6:21pm

3rdeyedude

avatar

Sorry but this is another stupid thread. People have already said this before. He thinks it is horrible just like everyone else. Who gives a shit if the people running his twitter account have not tweeted out something. Do you want him to light up Paisley Park with the colors of the flag of France?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/16/15 2:32am

LOGIC

avatar

Sorry, 3rdEyeDude, but you’re doing yourself no favor by calling someone’s thought or sentiment "stupid".

.

All too obviously, P doesn’t hesitate to express his concerns when it’s about "ticket vultures" or artists "getting rich off the internet" etc. etc. All sorts of people express their thoughts in tragic situations, and I simply said I felt that after several days I’m missing some sort of a statement from him.

.

PP in red, white & blue would certainly beat total silence.

Comment deleted - langebleu - moderator

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/16/15 2:34am

LOGIC

avatar

Oh, and the tour is now cancelled? If that remains his only statement, then congratulations, everone.

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/16/15 4:08am

rafael

avatar

LOGIC said:

Oh, and the tour is now cancelled? If that remains his only statement, then congratulations, everone.

I am with 3deyedude on this one....why all of a sudden everyone has to make a statement? And why cancel a tour.....?? This way you do what the terrorists wants.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/16/15 6:30am

LOGIC

avatar

I didn’t say that P "should" cancel a tour. I just said it looked like his tour was now cancelled. And it actually is, right? Jeez, don’t you all READ a thread’s existing posts before you come up with your replies?

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/16/15 6:52am

psyche2

LOGIC said:

I didn’t say that P "should" cancel a tour. I just said it looked like his tour was now cancelled. And it actually is, right? Jeez, don’t you all READ a thread’s existing posts before you come up with your replies?

I thought you meant more like Prince must make a statement regarding the attacks ("But why is there still NO word from you at least addressing the terror?", you said).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/17/15 8:20am

LOGIC

avatar

I’m afraid that THIS is a gesture we will never see from our superhero:

.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4165199/bandleden-u2-leggen-bloemen-bij-concertzaal-bataclan-in-parijs.html

.

Of course I’m aware that U2 already were in Paris when the attacks happened, and I doubt they would have flown over from Ireland … but they make themselves seen and heard, rather than just have some promoter explain their absence to the public. I’m quite sure that I’ll get flamed for comparing these things, just like Bono is continuously being flamed for whetever he says or does. Anyway. I appreciate U2’s gesture a lot; that’s all there is to this post.

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/18/15 1:50pm

lopez568

.

[Edited 1/24/17 14:36pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/18/15 2:29pm

Genesia

avatar

lopez568 said:

Recently in Britain the term "poppy fascism" has been thrown around to describe the hounding of those who don't wear a poppy for remembering dead soldiers.


I believe the OP and many others are doing something similar to Prince because he is not meeting the public expectations of the OP towards the Paris victims. This is worrying of our times. Now there is superficial pressure to act/perform your feelings towards tragic events.


Grief, prayer, mourning and sorrow are personal. There is no right or wrong way to express them.


Advice to OP: Let go of your expectations and look forward to seeing Prince as an entertainer when he will come to Europe when the time is right.


clapping

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/19/15 6:12am

psyche2

lopez568 said:

Recently in Britain the term "poppy fascism" has been thrown around to describe the hounding of those who don't wear a poppy for remembering dead soldiers.


I believe the OP and many others are doing something similar to Prince because he is not meeting the public expectations of the OP towards the Paris victims. This is worrying of our times. Now there is superficial pressure to act/perform your feelings towards tragic events.


Grief, prayer, mourning and sorrow are personal. There is no right or wrong way to express them.


Advice to OP: Let go of your expectations and look forward to seeing Prince as an entertainer when he will come to Europe when the time is right.

EXACTLY!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/19/15 8:41am

Neversin

avatar

LOGIC said:

I’m afraid that THIS is a gesture we will never see from our superhero:

.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4165199/bandleden-u2-leggen-bloemen-bij-concertzaal-bataclan-in-parijs.html

.

Of course I’m aware that U2 already were in Paris when the attacks happened, and I doubt they would have flown over from Ireland … but they make themselves seen and heard, rather than just have some promoter explain their absence to the public. I’m quite sure that I’ll get flamed for comparing these things, just like Bono is continuously being flamed for whetever he says or does. Anyway. I appreciate U2’s gesture a lot; that’s all there is to this post.



Maybe Prince had someone else bring roses and lillies...
Maybe he didn't do it himself because it would draw away attention from the cause itself...

Or maybe not...
Why care?

Isn't it much more productive to contemplate about the shit that happened instead of whining about shit Prince may or may not have done?
As if putting some BS flowers somewhere makes it all less shitty for the people involved...
Bullshit from every angle...

Neversin.

O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/19/15 12:56pm

3rdeyedude

avatar

Neversin said:

LOGIC said:

I’m afraid that THIS is a gesture we will never see from our superhero:

.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/4165199/bandleden-u2-leggen-bloemen-bij-concertzaal-bataclan-in-parijs.html

.

Of course I’m aware that U2 already were in Paris when the attacks happened, and I doubt they would have flown over from Ireland … but they make themselves seen and heard, rather than just have some promoter explain their absence to the public. I’m quite sure that I’ll get flamed for comparing these things, just like Bono is continuously being flamed for whetever he says or does. Anyway. I appreciate U2’s gesture a lot; that’s all there is to this post.



Maybe Prince had someone else bring roses and lillies...
Maybe he didn't do it himself because it would draw away attention from the cause itself...

Or maybe not...
Why care?

Isn't it much more productive to contemplate about the shit that happened instead of whining about shit Prince may or may not have done?
As if putting some BS flowers somewhere makes it all less shitty for the people involved...
Bullshit from every angle...

Neversin.

exactly............plus, the tour was "postponed", not cancelled

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/21/15 1:39am

LOGIC

avatar

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/entertainment/u2-concerts-bono-paris-attacks-feat/index.html

.

A brief Prince mention and terror-related statements from artists such as Madonna and U2 included. Prince, however, prefers to remain silent and offer "Arboretum" as his "Tidal Pick of the Week".

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/06/15 2:47am

LOGIC

avatar

This is the kind of statement I prefer to Prince’s complete silence … U2 inviting that band up on stage with them in Paris:

.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/eagles-of-death-metal-spielen-mit-u2-in-paris-a-1066269.html

Free the music.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > ANY word from Prince on Le Bataclan?