independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 4:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Glastonbury 2014
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/04/14 10:43am

powersoul99

Glastonbury 2014

The headline act for Glastonbury 2014 is Kasabian.

So we can forget about Prince being there.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/04/14 11:20am

3rdeyeboy

powersoul99 said:

The headline act for Glastonbury 2014 is Kasabian.

So we can forget about Prince being there.

They still haven't announce the Saturday headliner. If Kasabian have been given the Sunday, then the headliner for the biggest night is still TBA.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/04/14 1:43pm

onecrush

avatar

3rdeyeboy said:

powersoul99 said:

The headline act for Glastonbury 2014 is Kasabian.

So we can forget about Prince being there.

They still haven't announce the Saturday headliner. If Kasabian have been given the Sunday, then the headliner for the biggest night is still TBA.....

yawn. What's the point. Never gonna happen

Homer Simpson: "I call the big one Bitey"!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/06/14 12:30am

hw3004

Saturday headliner can't be revealed until May "for contractual reasons"....I wouldn't completely rule out it being Prince! It's not as if he doesn't play festivals.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/08/14 3:32am

KeithyT

avatar

glastonbuty? lol booty!

Just somewhere in the middle,
Not too good and not too bad.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/09/14 4:03am

udo

avatar

KeithyT said:

glastonbuty? lol booty!

Booty!

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/11/14 2:46pm

ecnirp98

hw3004 said:

Saturday headliner can't be revealed until May "for contractual reasons"....I wouldn't completely rule out it being Prince! It's not as if he doesn't play festivals.

He plays for allot of money, which he won't get at Glastonbury.

Also, they would have lots of problems with broadcast rites, as the BBC broadcoast most of the headliners sets, or at least a large chunk of the shows, I can't see Prince agreeing to that and I cannot remember a headliner not being broadcast, as its a massive event for the BBC.

If Prince agreed to it, it would be a massive boost to him and bring his music to a much younger audience, I just cannot see it happening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/20/14 3:39pm

3rdeyeboy

So, anyone else notice that the Glastonbury Headliner is problematic because of contractual issues.....and.....Prince has just sorted out a new contracts......and.....Glastonbury falls on the weekend of the 30th anniversary of Purple Rain??

Prince and the Revolution?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/20/14 10:48pm

udo

avatar

3rdeyeboy said:

Prince and the Revolution?

You can dream.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/26/14 1:18pm

bigd74

avatar

so with Oasis announcing a reunion it's only days before they're announced as headliners. I do think Michael Eavis is/was holding out for Prince, what with it being the 30th anniversary of PR on the friday, but Prince being a twat isn't signing. oh hum.

She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/26/14 2:04pm

DareNight

Although Eavis has stated that Oasis are not performing this year at Glastonbury..so still wide open

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/26/14 2:14pm

bigd74

avatar

good, they were shit the last time they played

She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/27/14 1:20am

egansmind

3rdeyeboy said:

So, anyone else notice that the Glastonbury Headliner is problematic because of contractual issues.....and.....Prince has just sorted out a new contracts......and.....Glastonbury falls on the weekend of the 30th anniversary of Purple Rain??

Prince and the Revolution?

I was thinking the same thing

It would be a perfect opportunity for Prince and Warner Brothers to kick off their new deal with the 30th anniversairy of Purple Rain and it would get Prince back in the spotlight to sell his remastered albums and a new album.

............................but things are never that simple with PRINCE

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/27/14 3:41pm

filthyrichyupp
ie

I'm hoping Prince plays Glastonbury soon so this story can finally go way. A week after this festival is up, another Brit will ask if he's playing there. This question is on a constant loop in their heads. No one cares. Really.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/27/14 5:29pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Here is a "Will Prince play Glastonbury?" thread from 2003:

http://prince.org/msg/7/40014?pr

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/28/14 1:32am

hw3004

bigd74 said:

so with Oasis announcing a reunion it's only days before they're announced as headliners. I do think Michael Eavis is/was holding out for Prince, what with it being the 30th anniversary of PR on the friday, but Prince being a twat isn't signing. oh hum.

Oasis reunion? Did I miss something??

Is this on the basis of the Liam text?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/28/14 3:40am

aiden

avatar

The official 30th Anniversary of Purple Rain is 25th June
Glastonbury festival is 25th-29th June

Huge worldwide press
+ Hyde Park Purple Rain concerts..

He's playing!
"Still Crazy 4 Coco Rock"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/28/14 5:21am

bigd74

avatar

hw3004 said:



bigd74 said:


so with Oasis announcing a reunion it's only days before they're announced as headliners. I do think Michael Eavis is/was holding out for Prince, what with it being the 30th anniversary of PR on the friday, but Prince being a twat isn't signing. oh hum.




Oasis reunion? Did I miss something??



Is this on the basis of the Liam text?




It was announced on Friday. I guess they're doing some stuff for the 20th anniversary of Definitely Maybe and that their respective projects haven't exactly gone to plan
She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/28/14 6:10am

hw3004

bigd74 said:

hw3004 said:

Oasis reunion? Did I miss something??

Is this on the basis of the Liam text?

It was announced on Friday. I guess they're doing some stuff for the 20th anniversary of Definitely Maybe and that their respective projects haven't exactly gone to plan

what was announced? gigs? new album?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/29/14 2:57am

DareNight

So Michael Eavis has said: Final Glastonbury headliner is one of the world's biggest-selling bands'. I guess it isn't Prince this year

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/29/14 5:32am

bigd74

avatar

hw3004 said:



bigd74 said:


hw3004 said:



Oasis reunion? Did I miss something??



Is this on the basis of the Liam text?



It was announced on Friday. I guess they're doing some stuff for the 20th anniversary of Definitely Maybe and that their respective projects haven't exactly gone to plan



what was announced? gigs? new album?





Well Chris Evans got excited about it last Friday but a internet such just brings up the tweets. I don't know. Maybe they're not.
She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/29/14 5:34am

bigd74

avatar

DareNight said:

So Michael Eavis has said: Final Glastonbury headliner is one of the world's biggest-selling bands'. I guess it isn't Prince this year



Maybe he wanted Prince but he's being a twat so for someone in at the last minute
She Believed in Fairytales and Princes, He Believed the voices coming from his stereo

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/30/14 9:29am

3rdeyeboy

DareNight said:

So Michael Eavis has said: Final Glastonbury headliner is one of the world's biggest-selling bands'. I guess it isn't Prince this year



Prince and The Revolution??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/01/14 2:05am

hw3004

3rdeyeboy said:

DareNight said:

So Michael Eavis has said: Final Glastonbury headliner is one of the world's biggest-selling bands'. I guess it isn't Prince this year

Prince and The Revolution??

One Direction?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/01/14 9:02am

newpowerhippie
s

hw3004 said:

3rdeyeboy said:

DareNight said: Prince and The Revolution??

One Direction?

Hopefully (prince and the revolution - not One direction smile )

biggrin

Have you had your + signs today?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/02/14 1:16am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

I have a feeling P & 3EG will appear at Glastonbury, but not as a headliner. I think P would like the idea of appearing on one of the side stages unannounced, like Radiohead did in 2010.

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/02/14 1:34am

hw3004

SquirrelMeat said:

I have a feeling P & 3EG will appear at Glastonbury, but not as a headliner. I think P would like the idea of appearing on one of the side stages unannounced, like Radiohead did in 2010.

Good thinking!!!!! Pulp did this as well, didn't they?

...hadn't really considered this before now but it would fit with current m.o.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/02/14 4:33am

Daveoooo

hw3004 said:

SquirrelMeat said:

I have a feeling P & 3EG will appear at Glastonbury, but not as a headliner. I think P would like the idea of appearing on one of the side stages unannounced, like Radiohead did in 2010.

Good thinking!!!!! Pulp did this as well, didn't they?

...hadn't really considered this before now but it would fit with current m.o.

What an amazing idea! but unlikly. The Park stage would be a beautiful setting and often the place for the supprises (both Pulp & Radiohead).

He could easily play several places through out the weekend IF he could cope with the mud/people/smell/chaos.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/02/14 4:35am

djfine

avatar

hw3004 said:

SquirrelMeat said:

I have a feeling P & 3EG will appear at Glastonbury, but not as a headliner. I think P would like the idea of appearing on one of the side stages unannounced, like Radiohead did in 2010.

Good thinking!!!!! Pulp did this as well, didn't they?

...hadn't really considered this before now but it would fit with current m.o.



Yes you're right, that would fit perfectly.


Plus the Park Stage isn't televised which would suit P...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/02/14 8:52am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

djfine said:

hw3004 said:

Good thinking!!!!! Pulp did this as well, didn't they?

...hadn't really considered this before now but it would fit with current m.o.



Yes you're right, that would fit perfectly.


Plus the Park Stage isn't televised which would suit P...

Good point. Or even better, P turning out for an acoustic set on The Glade at 2am.....

.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Glastonbury 2014