independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Video shows teen in U.S. Border Patrol custody writhing on floor for hours before dying
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

luv4u

Video shows teen in U.S. Border Patrol custody writhing on floor for hours before dying

Video showing a U.S. Border Patrol cell where a 16-year-old from Guatemala died of the flu shows the teen writhing, collapsing on the floor and being left there for hours alone before he was found dead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/w...-1.5385914

Violation of human rights?

sad

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/05/19 5:30pm

cborgman

god, we as a country are totally failing

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
Reply #2 posted 12/06/19 5:02am

trickster

cborgman said:

its not only your country, its the western world, sad

Reply #3 posted 12/07/19 1:56pm

poppys

This happened in May. Why are we just now hearing about it? That video is heartbreaking. The kids are laying on a concrete floor. They didn't do a welfare check, that's a lie. He was supposed to go to a different agency that takes care of kids that just came across the border. They didn't do that either. Put youth in cages, dehumanize them and let them die. Criminal acts.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #4 posted 12/07/19 9:42pm

Pokeno4Money

trickster said:

cborgman said:

Only the Western world?

Go see what it's like to be a woman, or a Christian, in many Eastern countries.

Go see what it's like to live under Sharia law, or in Eastern countries led by ruthless dictators.

The reason America gets so much attention for tragedies such as this, is because America has liberties including freedom of the press that other countries do not.

You don't think women and children are dying at the hands of those who run Eastern countries?

Ridiculous.

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
Reply #5 posted 12/08/19 7:34am

poppys

We are supposed to be better than that. Our highest aspiration is that our government was founded on immigration, freedom of speech, and religion. Now that we are going backwards, we are supposed to be comforted by the horrors that happen in other places? And be complacent in the comparison game? I don't think so.

It's like saying, I only beat my family, my neighbor killed his, so I'm so much better.

Reply #6 posted 12/08/19 8:24am

Pokeno4Money

Nothing to do with what I wrote. This sort of thing happens elsewhere besides Western countries, that was my only point.

"Never let nasty stalkers disrespect you. They start shit, you finish it. Go down to their level, that's the only way they'll understand. You have to handle things yourself."
Reply #7 posted 12/08/19 8:38am

poppys

cborgman and trickster said the Western (industrialized) world IS doing it - not that the "Eastern" (not sure what that means) world IS NOT doing it. Strawman to deflect blame for anyone who is guilty - and the US most certainly is.

Carlos Hernandez Vásquez,16, was the fifth minor to die in ICE custody during the Trump administration, now there are 6 - compared to none before. There is no doubt we have amped up inhumane immigration practices.

See the source image

Reply #8 posted 12/08/19 8:46am

2elijah

poppys said:

This happened in May. Why are we just now hearing about it? That video is heartbreaking. The kids are laying on a concrete floor. They didn't do a welfare check, that's a lie. He was supposed to go to a different agency that takes care of kids that just came across the border. They didn't do that either. Put youth in cages, dehumanize them and let them die. Criminal acts.

Such a tragic situation. I wonder how many more we haven’t heard about.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
Reply #9 posted 12/08/19 3:23pm

Pokeno4Money

"According to CBP, under the Obama administration, in 2014 there were a total of 313 deaths at the southwest border, 251 in 2015 and 329 in 2016."

bored

Reply #10 posted 12/08/19 3:29pm

trickster

Pokeno4Money said:

trickster said:

Only the Western world?

Go see what it's like to be a woman, or a Christian, in many Eastern countries.

Go see what it's like to live under Sharia law, or in Eastern countries led by ruthless dictators.

The reason America gets so much attention for tragedies such as this, is because America has liberties including freedom of the press that other countries do not.

You don't think women and children are dying at the hands of those who run Eastern countries?

Ridiculous.

if i understand you correctly, because such bad things have happened in Arab or other regimes-led countries is it justifiable that it is happening now in the Western world as well? Until some time ago, I always thoughtthat this is exactly the difference, here in the western world people are not treated as inhumane as there.

But this time seems over now, sad

Reply #11 posted 12/08/19 4:06pm

poppys

Nice try. I said MINORS.

factcheck.org

Prior to two children’s deaths in December (2018), it had been more than a decade since a child died while in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Reply #12 posted 12/09/19 6:18am

poppys

Church nativity scene shows Jesus, Mary and Joseph as caged refugees

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — A Methodist church in California has unveiled a nativity scene depicting Jesus, Mary and Joseph as refugees in cages.

New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Video shows teen in U.S. Border Patrol custody writhing on floor for hours before dying