independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Another School Shooting
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 13 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 11/27/19 2:31am

BombSquad

poppys said:

Racist traitors? Traitors to England? And please, we all know England (and the rest of Europe) was racist too. USA wasn't settled in a vacuum. The forefathers that are not Natives came from your neck of the woods. Plenty of death and destruction to go around.

we agree again. but does not make the forefathers any less racist or less traitor

if the war would have been lost, clearly they would have been hanged and shot as traitors. and everyone alive today would see them as rebel scum, as it would be taught in history classes

if the South would have won the US civil war they'd proudly have their own "Confederate States" now, and look back at the glorious times when they (also thanks to the wonderful 2nd amendement!) freed themselves from the Northern suppressors, just like the forefathers got rid of the British

and if the Germans would have won WWII then, well, the Holocaust would by now maybe be seen as a dark chapter of German history like slavery in US history, but hey, it was different times back then, not settled in a vacuum, plenty of death and destruction to go around, right?

I simply do not let random outcome of military operations clould my vision on who's the good bad or worse bunch, historically speaking

[Edited 11/27/19 3:40am]

Has anyone tried unplugging the United States and plugging it back in?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 11/27/19 5:14am

poppys

BombSquad said:

poppys said:

Racist traitors? Traitors to England? And please, we all know England (and the rest of Europe) was racist too. USA wasn't settled in a vacuum. The forefathers that are not Natives came from your neck of the woods. Plenty of death and destruction to go around.

we agree again. but does not make the forefathers any less racist or less traitor

if the war would have been lost, clearly they would have been hanged and shot as traitors. and everyone alive today would see them as rebel scum, as it would be taught in history classes

if the South would have won the US civil war they'd proudly have their own "Confederate States" now, and look back at the glorious times when they (also thanks to the wonderful 2nd amendement!) freed themselves from the Northern suppressors, just like the forefathers got rid of the British

and if the Germans would have won WWII then, well, the Holocaust would by now maybe be seen as a dark chapter of German history like slavery in US history, but hey, it was different times back then, not settled in a vacuum, plenty of death and destruction to go around, right?

I simply do not let random outcome of military operations clould my vision on who's the good bad or worse bunch, historically speaking

But - NONE of that stuff happened. That's your fantasy.

If you are going to continue to call United States citizens racist traitors because we betrayed England 243 years ago (many betrayers actually being British) then you should be calling the United Kingdom racist colonial oppressors every time you mention yourselves. It's not an accident our biggest city is called New YORK.

Who is the "bad or worse bunch historically speaking"? Shall I list things England did to promote death and destruction all over the globe? Things that really did happen? And please, don't say you gave most of it back again, that's sugar coated bullshit. Cloud your vision my azz, this game needs to stop.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
Reply #182 posted 11/27/19 5:47am

djThunderfunk

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

I'm raging? Better look in the mirror.

And you say you're fine with handguns, but almost every handgun is semi-automatic, and you've already admitted how you feel about semis, so you're either confused or dishonest.

Either way, you're not capable of an honest, civil debate on the subject. Which is why I say waste of time.

really? where did i say that? what i said is i am not fine with assault rifles. ive never said i am not fine with any semi.

dishonesty on your part. much like you lied with your strawman. so not surprising.

Oh, really? Then what's your point here:

cborgman said:

ill go ahead and answer for you. the major difference between an AR-15 style gun and its military equivilant, the M-16, is that the AR is semi-automatic, and the M-16 is full automatic.

its only a difference of holding the trigger down or single-clicking the trigger quickly. being as most of us can easily click quickly, its not a substantial difference.

AR style are very much military grade, and were designed for military. semi is a pretty small step down from fully automatic

You think "it's not a substantial difference" between fully and semi automatic and that semi is "a pretty small step down" from fully automatic, so, if you're not fine with fully automatic and you think there's not a substantial difference because you can "easily click quickly", then clearly it IS you that is being dishonest.

Not to mention that your own words make it clear you've evidently never fired a semi-automatic weapon and that you have no idea what you're talking about.

[Edited 11/27/19 5:57am]

Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is doing it or how noble their motivation.
Reply #183 posted 11/27/19 5:50am

BombSquad

poppys said:

BombSquad said:

and? still a legit comparison

If you are going to continue to call United States citizens racist traitors

just the forefathers back then. I don't call current US citizens traitors.

oh, except for that fat orange fuck

because we betrayed England 243 years ago (many betrayers actually being British) then you should be calling the United Kingdom racist colonial oppressors every time you mention yourselves. It's not an accident our biggest city is called New YORK.

racist colonial oppressors sounds about right, again no argument there

btw, I am not from England, I'm not even a native English speaker. and thankfullly I might add. those clowns are not even able to arrange a Brexit in 3 year timespan.

Who is the "bad or worse bunch historically speaking"? Shall I list things England did to promote death and destruction all over the globe? Things that really did happen? And please, don't say you gave most of it back again, that's sugar coated bullshit. Cloud your vision my azz, this game needs to stop.

uhmm slavery also did happen...

Duh!

[Edited 11/27/19 5:51am]

Reply #184 posted 11/27/19 5:53am

djThunderfunk

BombSquad said:

poppys said:

[Edited 11/27/19 3:40am]

Why would anyone ever again read a post by someobody who just admitted that they still hold a grudge againt us for being traitors to england. Fuck that, fuck england and fuck the crown. lol lol lol

Censorship is ALWAYS wrong, no matter who is doing it or how noble their motivation.
Reply #185 posted 11/27/19 5:55am

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

BombSquad said:

If you are going to continue to call United States citizens racist traitors because we betrayed England 243 years ago (many betrayers actually being British) then you should be calling the United Kingdom racist colonial oppressors every time you mention yourselves. It's not an accident our biggest city is called New YORK.

What do I do when I find myself agreeing with poppys? doh! lol

Reply #186 posted 11/27/19 5:59am

BombSquad

djThunderfunk said:

Why would anyone ever again read a post by someobody who just admitted that they still hold a grudge againt us for being traitors to england. Fuck that, fuck england and fuck the crown. lol lol lol

why should I have a grudge? I despise England/Britain just as much

FAIL

here's the reality check:

traitors? yep. they betrayed their country
racists slavowners? yes.

but which of the two is it you and poppy disagree? LMFAO have a go!

Reply #187 posted 11/27/19 7:45am

poppys

I've been to England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland, loved them all.

You've never been to the US, right? It's a big country. Try coming to my city - 60% African-American - and calling people racist traitors. Guarantee you'll get your ass kicked by somebody, maybe even in an Irish pub. Stupid trash talk is not tolerated too well in reality. Keyboard bravery.

Reply #188 posted 11/27/19 8:03am

BombSquad

poppys said:

You've never been to the US, right? It's a big country. Try coming to my city - 60% African-American - and calling people racist traitors. Guarantee you'll get your ass kicked by somebody, maybe even in an Irish pub. Stupid trash talk is not tolerated too well in reality. Keyboard bravery.

uhmm yes, been over there a couple of times, even have family members over there (or rather from my wife)

and I made clear: "just the forefathers back then. I don't call current US citizens traitors."

so can you read? and comprehend? or are you going down the ignorant Only-route?

[Edited 11/27/19 8:05am]

Reply #189 posted 11/27/19 8:11am

djThunderfunk

BombSquad said:

djThunderfunk said:

why should I have a grudge? I despise England/Britain just as much

FAIL

here's the reality check:

traitors? yep. they betrayed their country
racists slavowners? yes.

but which of the two is it you and poppy disagree? LMFAO have a go!

It was a long time ago. And has nothing to do with you. So, maybe get over it? lol

And since you "despise" England and America, why should anyone from either place ever give a shit about your opinion concerning our politics?

Haters gonna hate.

[Edited 11/27/19 8:23am]

Reply #190 posted 11/27/19 8:14am

poppys

BombSquad said:

uhmm slavery also did happen...

Duh!

Yes, indeed it did. I've lived in the Caribbean too, I know a few things. Y'all left your slaves to starve and went back home, doesn't make it any better. England officially ended slavery 30ish years before the US, big whup.

https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/the-slave-trade-and-abolition/time-line/

Timeline

1555: A group of Africans (from present day Ghana) are brought to England by John Lok, a London merchant, to learn English so that they can act as interpreters in their homelands. They are to help the English break the monopoly that the Portuguese have over the African trade in gold, ivory and pepper. A written account speaks of "taule and strong men", who "coulde well agree with our meates and drynkes."

1562-9: John Hawkins becomes the first Englishman definitely known to have traded in Africans, making three voyages to Sierra Leone and transporting a totalof 1,200 inhabitants to Hispaniola and St Domingue (Dominican Republic and Haiti). He sells them to the Spanish in exchange for pearls, hides, sugar and ginger.

1618: King James I creates The Company of Adventurers of London Trading into the Parts of Africa.

1672: The Royal African Company is formed in order to regulate the English slave trade, with a legal monopoly over the 2,500 miles of African coast from the Sahara to the Cape of Good Hope. The company is financed by royal, aristocratic and commercial capital.

1698: The Royal African Company monopoly ends, opening the trade to private

traders from Bristol and Liverpool.

1713: Under the Treaty of Utrecht following the War of the Spanish Succession, Britain is awarded the 'Asiento' or sole right to import an unlimited number of enslaved people to the Spanish Caribbean colonies for 30 years.

1730: First Maroon War in the British colony of Jamaica. Groups of escaped slaves in the mountains repel British forces and a treaty in 1739 confirms their free status.

1760: Slave revolts in Jamaica last for several months and claim many lives.

1765: Granville Sharp begins legal challenges to the British slave trade with the case of Jonathan Strong.

1772: John Woolman, an American Quaker and early anti-slavery campaigner comes to England to gather support from English Quakers.

1772: James Somerset case in London. Chief Justice Lord Mansfield rules that enslaved people in England cannot be forced to return to the West Indies.

1782: The Letters of the Late Ignatius Sancho are published.

1783: 133 Africans are thrown overboard alive from the slave ship Zong so that the owners can claim compensation money from their insurance company.

1783: British Quakers form a committee against slavery and the slave trade

1786: Thomas Clarkson´┐Żs 'An Essay on Slavery and Commerce of the Human Species' is published.

1787: 'Thoughts and Sentiments on the Evil and Wicked Traffic of the Slavery and Commerce of the Human Species' by Ottobah Cuguano is published.

The Society for Effecting the Abolition of the African Slave Trade is founded in London.

1789: 'The Interesting Narrative of Olaudah Equiano' or 'Gustavas Vassa the African' is published.

1790: Wilberforce's first Abolition Bill is rejected by Parliament.

1791: A slave uprising in St Domingue triggers the Haitian Revolution, led by Toussaint L'Ouverture.

1795: Second Maroon War in Jamaica; Fedon's Rebellion in Grenada.

1802: West India Dock opens in the Port of London, initially dealing solely with the produce from the West Indies.

1804: St Domingue declared the Republic of Haiti, the first independent black state outside of Africa.

outside of Africa.

1807: The Act to Abolish the Transatlantic Slave Trade is passed in Parliament.

1833: Slavery Abolition Act is passed in Parliament, taking effect in 1834. This act gives all slaves in the Caribbean their freedom although some other British territories have to wait longer. However, ex-slaves in the Caribbean are forced to undertake a period of 'apprenticeship' (working for former masters for a low wage) which means that slavery is not fully abolished in practice until 1838.

[Edited 11/27/19 9:25am]

Reply #191 posted 11/27/19 8:28am

maplenpg

Yet again a thread goes completely off topic sad

To accumulate power, a government with authoritarian tendencies must first destroy power. https://www.theguardian.c...y-exchange
Reply #192 posted 11/27/19 8:38am

poppys

BombSquad said:

poppys said:

uhmm yes, been over there a couple of times, even have family members over there (or rather from my wife)

and I made clear: "just the forefathers back then. I don't call current US citizens traitors."

so can you read? and comprehend? or are you going down the ignorant Only-route?

maplenpg said:

Yet again a thread goes completely off topic sad

Sorry, but I'm tired of the US being singled out as the racist traitor in the building - and it was not made clear either. That is a backtrack.

If it's back in the day, then leave it back in the day.

[Edited 11/27/19 8:46am]

Reply #193 posted 11/27/19 8:48am

BombSquad

djThunderfunk said:

It was a long time ago. And has nothing to do with you. So, maybe get over it? lol

long ago. like the Holocaust? and slavey? yep. get over it. got it

Reply #194 posted 11/27/19 8:51am

BombSquad

poppys said:

Sorry, but I'm tired of the US being singled out as the racist traitor in the building - and it was not made clear either. That is a backtrack.

no backtrack whatsofuckingever. read my original quote again:

"can only come from someone haveing no clue about the constitution and the racist traitors forefathers intention with the 2nd"

I was clear as can be from the beginning, referring to the 2nd and the forefathers (replacing the term racist traitors)

sorry you missed that

Reply #195 posted 11/27/19 8:54am

djThunderfunk

BombSquad said:

djThunderfunk said:

long ago. like the Holocaust? and slavey? yep. get over it. got it

You're seriously comparing the U.S. being traitors to the U.K., two countries you "despise" mind you, to the holocaust? Really?!?! GTFOOHWTBSYDAF!!

As for slavery, historically it's a problem with mankind, all races and all regions. So, I guess you hate everybody?

"Got it." lol

Reply #196 posted 11/27/19 8:59am

poppys

BombSquad said:

poppys said:

If it's back in the day, then leave it back in the day.

no backtrack whatsofuckingever. read my original quote again:

"can only come from someone haveing no clue about the constitution and the racist traitors forefathers intention with the 2nd"

I was clear as can be from the beginning, referring to the 2nd and the forefathers (replacing the term racist traitors)

sorry you missed that

This is not the first time. Didn't miss that. Finally said something.

[Edited 11/27/19 9:06am]

Reply #197 posted 11/27/19 9:42am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

cborgman said:

Oh, really? Then what's your point here:

cborgman said:

ill go ahead and answer for you. the major difference between an AR-15 style gun and its military equivilant, the M-16, is that the AR is semi-automatic, and the M-16 is full automatic.

its only a difference of holding the trigger down or single-clicking the trigger quickly. being as most of us can easily click quickly, its not a substantial difference.

AR style are very much military grade, and were designed for military. semi is a pretty small step down from fully automatic

You think "it's not a substantial difference" between fully and semi automatic and that semi is "a pretty small step down" from fully automatic, so, if you're not fine with fully automatic and you think there's not a substantial difference because you can "easily click quickly", then clearly it IS you that is being dishonest.

Not to mention that your own words make it clear you've evidently never fired a semi-automatic weapon and that you have no idea what you're talking about.

[Edited 11/27/19 5:57am]

well, the point would be obvious if you read the whole prior conversation instead of just skimming, looking for something to rage against.

the point is responding to only who says AR-15 style guns are not military grade. they very much are. the AR-15 was designed for military use, and the only substantial difference between it and a M-16 is the AR is semi automatic and the M is fully automatic.

nothing in that post says that i am against all semi automatics. not even remotely. that was you reading your agenda and stereotypes into my post, while skimming it.

as usual, you are just building strawmen to knock over.

[Edited 11/27/19 9:58am]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
Reply #198 posted 11/27/19 10:06am

djThunderfunk

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

well, the point would be obvious if you read the whole prior conversation instead of just skimming, looking for something to rage against.

the point is responding to only who says AR-15 style guns are not military grade. they very much are. the AR-15 was designed for military use, and the only substantial difference between it and a M-16 is the AR is semi automatic and the M is fully automatic.

nothing in that post says that i am against all semi automatics. not even remotely. that was you reading your agenda and stereotypes into my post, while skimming it.

Just admit you want all guns banned. Your games fool no one.

Reply #199 posted 11/27/19 10:19am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

cborgman said:

i absolutely do not. i am completely in agreement with reagan on this, and have been my entire life.

i know its very difficult for you to see people outside of your very shallow stereotyping of them, and determination that everyone is a SJW, but thats your game, and it doesnt fool anyone but you.

[Edited 11/27/19 10:29am]

Reply #200 posted 11/27/19 10:45am

poppys

Social Justice is good. Whatever the current slant on the web kids, they will hopefully mature - and they are the future.

djThunderfunk said:

poppys said:

Just admit you want schoolchildren slaughtered.

Reply #201 posted 11/27/19 10:50am

djThunderfunk

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

i absolutely do not. i am completely in agreement with reagan on this, and have been my entire life.

i know its very difficult for you to see people outside of your very shallow stereotyping of them, and determination that everyone is a SJW, but thats your game, and it doesnt fool anyone but you.

OK. Keep saying that if you must, but you already tried to make the case that there's not much difference between full and semi, between holding a trigger and repeatedly pulling a trigger. If you believe that then you either want semi-autos banned or you would be fine with fully-autos being legal. And it's clear which you would prefer.

Reply #202 posted 11/27/19 10:52am

djThunderfunk

poppys said:

What a deplorable thing to say. FU.

[Edited 11/27/19 10:53am]

Reply #203 posted 11/27/19 10:57am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

cborgman said:

OK. Keep saying that if you must, but you already tried to make the case that there's not much difference between full and semi, between holding a trigger and repeatedly pulling a trigger. If you believe that then you either want semi-autos banned or you would be fine with fully-autos being legal. And it's clear which you would prefer.

quick: punch the strawman before they take all your guns!

Reply #204 posted 11/27/19 10:58am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

poppys said:

[Edited 11/27/19 10:53am]

oh, now you suddenly are offended by strawmen arguments?
my goodness, how quickly you turn flank.

[Edited 11/27/19 11:04am]

Reply #205 posted 11/27/19 11:04am

djThunderfunk

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

Ok honey, tell us what your point was in making the case that there's not much difference between full and semi.

Reply #206 posted 11/27/19 11:04am

poppys

Social Justice is good. Whatever the current slant on the web kids, they will hopefully mature - and they are the future.

djThunderfunk said:

poppys said:

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

oh, now you suddenly are offended by strawmen arguments?

Exactly. See how that happens?

Reply #207 posted 11/27/19 11:06am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

cborgman said:

Ok honey, tell us what your point was in making the case that there's not much difference between full and semi.

i already explained that to you, sugarbritches.

Reply #208 posted 11/27/19 11:13am

djThunderfunk

cborgman said:

djThunderfunk said:

i already explained that to you, sugarbritches.

No you haven't. You said:

cborgman said:

Then you claim to be all for "handguns", maybe you don't realize that almost every single handgun, is a semi-automatic.

If there's not much difference with full and semi, and most handguns are semi, why would you be for handguns remaining legal?

You're contradicting yourself. Maybe spend less time looking for GIFs and more on making a coherent point. lol

[Edited 11/27/19 11:14am]

Reply #209 posted 11/27/19 11:16am

cborgman

djThunderfunk said:

cborgman said:

No you haven't. You said:

cborgman said:

Then you claim to be all for "handguns", maybe you don't realize that almost every single handgun, is a semi-automatic.

If there's not much difference with full and semi, and most handguns are semi, why would you be for handguns remaining legal?

You're contradicting yourself. Maybe spend less time looking for GIFs and more on making a coherent point. lol

[Edited 11/27/19 11:14am]

well, okay.

obviously you didnt read this post then. which really proves my point that you dont actually read posts, and just skim them looking for something to build a strawman on that you can then rage against.

[Edited 11/27/19 12:28pm]

Page 7 of 13 « First<34567891011>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Another School Shooting