independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 10th Dec 2019 5:19am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Greta Thunberg mural in San Francisco
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

Greta Thunberg mural in San Francisco

lol
Mural in SF causes controversy on use of spray paints
https://www.foxnews.com/u...ray-paints

It looks more like Putin

https://www.newsweek.com/...ay-1470862 smile
mushy
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/12/19 7:42am

poppys

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

lol Mural in SF causes controversy on use of spray paints https://www.foxnews.com/u...ray-paints It looks more like Putin https://www.newsweek.com/...ay-1470862 smile

Do you think it looks more like Putin or just going along with the Twitter?? In this photo it's not even finished. The comments at the end of the Fox "news" article are just what I would expect - bashing autism and wanting to pee on it. Real art lovers.

I like the mural and think the artist is very sincere.

Andres Petreselli paints a mural on the side of a building depicting Swedish teen climate activist Greta Thunberg, Friday, Nov. 8, 2019, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #2 posted 11/12/19 8:06am

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

When I first saw it, it did look like Putin but I came across another, more finished picture and it started to look more like her. I think it will come out nice though. 😄

I never checked to see if it was finished yet.
mushy
Reply #3 posted 11/12/19 9:03am

13cjk13

poppys said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

lol Mural in SF causes controversy on use of spray paints https://www.foxnews.com/u...ray-paints It looks more like Putin https://www.newsweek.com/...ay-1470862 smile

Do you think it looks more like Putin or just going along with the Twitter?? In this photo it's not even finished. The comments at the end of the Fox "news" article are just what I would expect - bashing autism and wanting to pee on it. Real art lovers.

Andres Petreselli paints a mural on the side of a building depicting Swedish teen climate activist Greta Thunberg, Friday, Nov. 8, 2019, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)

Yep, time for my daily FUCK Fox "news".

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #4 posted 11/12/19 9:23am

poppys

According to yahoo it was finished yesterday but I don't see a completed photo. Fox "news' is still trying to discredit the mural/artist after the spray paint accusation was a fail.

Tomi Lahren, a conservative political commentator and Fox Nation host, took to Twitter to criticize the tribute to Thunberg, whose impassioned speech at the United Nations Climate Action Summit inspired many to discuss and seek action around climate change.

Lahren took issue with the fact that it was completed on Veteran’s Day, asking if it would “be too much to have a tribute mural to an American veteran or law enforcement official.

There are lots of great murals of her around the world. Some have been defaced and fixed repeatedly.

See the source image

Reply #5 posted 11/12/19 10:58am

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

Wow, didn't know all the politics and whatnot surrounding her and her murals. Thanks for the info smile
mushy
Reply #6 posted 11/12/19 11:33am

poppys

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

Wow, didn't know all the politics and whatnot surrounding her and her murals. Thanks for the info smile

She is mentioned quite a bit in this thread active in P&R right now.

Climate change protests around the world

image.jpg Edmunton, Canada

Greta-Thunberg-Mural-In-Canada-Vandalized-Before-Picture.jpg

[Edited 11/13/19 8:47am]

Reply #7 posted 11/12/19 12:31pm

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

Thanks.

I peeked but it seems to be more about the climate change protests and orgers fighting (same ol, same ol). Didn't see anything on the mural although it could have been mentioned.

But thank u for directing me to that thread.

Btw, I just realized that all the fighting that goes on in threads, that there doesn't seem to be a solution. It's just like a WWF/WWE free for all in there. Nothing ever gets solved that way. shrug
mushy
Reply #8 posted 11/12/19 12:39pm

poppys

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

Thanks. I peeked but it seems to be more about the climate change protests and orgers fighting (same ol, same ol). Didn't see anything on the mural although it could have been mentioned. But thank u for directing me to that thread. Btw, I just realized that all the fighting that goes on in threads, that there doesn't seem to be a solution. It's just like a WWF/WWE free for all in there. Nothing ever gets solved that way. shrug

Yes, the thread just discusses Greta Thunberg, but you said you didn't know about all the politics surrounding her.

Anyway, thanks for making a thread about the mural. I might add more of them to it.

Reply #9 posted 11/12/19 12:49pm

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

poppys said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

Thanks. I peeked but it seems to be more about the climate change protests and orgers fighting (same ol, same ol). Didn't see anything on the mural although it could have been mentioned. But thank u for directing me to that thread. Btw, I just realized that all the fighting that goes on in threads, that there doesn't seem to be a solution. It's just like a WWF/WWE free for all in there. Nothing ever gets solved that way. shrug

Yes, the thread just discusses Greta Thunberg, but you said you didn't know about all the politics surrounding her.

Anyway, thanks for making a thread about the mural. I might add more of them to it.

Sounds good.
If u find the finished one in SF, please post it. 😄
If like to see it. Thank u
mushy
Reply #10 posted 11/12/19 1:25pm

maplenpg

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

poppys said:

Sounds good. If u find the finished one in SF, please post it. 😄 If like to see it. Thank u

https://www.designboom.co...1-12-2019/

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #11 posted 11/12/19 3:05pm

poppys

maplenpg said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

poppys said: Sounds good. If u find the finished one in SF, please post it. 😄 If like to see it. Thank u

https://www.designboom.co...1-12-2019/

Nice. Just a little ways to go. It's 4 stories tall!

Reply #12 posted 11/12/19 6:58pm

OnlyNDaUsa

what was the environmental impact of that mess?

oh yeah ZERO! haha

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #13 posted 11/12/19 7:27pm

poppys

This artist is WAY ahead of the social media trolls, and the org ones too. From the OP...

...Cobre responded that the materials he was using were environmentally friendly, the paper reported.

“The thing is, the sprays I use are eco-friendly, and most of the paint is hand-painted with a roller,” he told the paper. “[It is] water-based so there is zero impact.

One Atmosphere said Sunday in a post on city guide SF Station’s Instagram page that they were using spray cans that don’t contain environmentally damaging chlorofluorocarbons.

“We are using low-pressure cans with a minimal footprint,” the post said. “The cans and the boxes will also be recycled, although many of the cans will first have a second life as part of a separate art project.”

The nonprofit went on to say the cans have been picked up and delivered in an electric vehicle, and the artist and organizers have been traveling almost exclusively by way of electric car, electric scooter or on foot to the project site — the side of building on Mason Street, above the music venue August Hall.

The lift being used is also electric, not diesel.” the post added.

[Edited 11/12/19 19:36pm]

Reply #14 posted 11/13/19 1:02am

THEKILLINGJOKE

poppys said:

See the source image

Wow, i love that one. thumbs up!

JoeyC...

Reply #15 posted 11/13/19 1:20am

maplenpg

This is a great thread, some lovely murals. There is no question Greta is making an impact on the world. And I didn't know about the eco crudentials of the SF mural, so thanks for that Poppy.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #16 posted 11/13/19 1:31am

THEKILLINGJOKE

poppys said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

Yeah, it's amazing how a 16 year old young lady can trigger so many so called adults. I was just on Facebook going back and forth with some idiot climate change denier trolls/anti Greta Thunbergs. This young lady has a lot of people shook. And i wonder why? I think that in part, it's because she's intelligent, and because she's a girl/young woman. I know her age has something to do with it as well. But, i really believe that some people are intimidated by her intelligent way of getting her point(s) across. She's not bullshitting about. And a lot of bum-f**ks can't handle it. They can't handle the truth of what she's saying.

The whole thing is insane to me. How can a person be against fighting climate change? Especially someone who has young children, or young grandchildren.

Oh. And as far as the mural. I like it.

JoeyC...

Reply #17 posted 11/13/19 5:14am

13cjk13

poppys said:

This artist is WAY ahead of the social media trolls, and the org ones too. From the OP...

...Cobre responded that the materials he was using were environmentally friendly, the paper reported.

“The thing is, the sprays I use are eco-friendly, and most of the paint is hand-painted with a roller,” he told the paper. “[It is] water-based so there is zero impact.

One Atmosphere said Sunday in a post on city guide SF Station’s Instagram page that they were using spray cans that don’t contain environmentally damaging chlorofluorocarbons.

“We are using low-pressure cans with a minimal footprint,” the post said. “The cans and the boxes will also be recycled, although many of the cans will first have a second life as part of a separate art project.”

The nonprofit went on to say the cans have been picked up and delivered in an electric vehicle, and the artist and organizers have been traveling almost exclusively by way of electric car, electric scooter or on foot to the project site — the side of building on Mason Street, above the music venue August Hall.

The lift being used is also electric, not diesel.” the post added.

[Edited 11/12/19 19:36pm]

Watch out, the truth may trigger some human scum. I mean trigger further.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #18 posted 11/13/19 6:13am

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

After seeing some of those pics, I like the SF one. I like his technique(?). Love it ☺️
mushy
Reply #19 posted 11/13/19 7:29am

DiminutiveRock
er

THEKILLINGJOKE said:

poppys said:

Yeah, it's amazing how a 16 year old young lady can trigger so many so called adults. I was just on Facebook going back and forth with some idiot climate change denier trolls/anti Greta Thunbergs. This young lady has a lot of people shook. And i wonder why? I think that in part, it's because she's intelligent, and because she's a girl/young woman. I know her age has something to do with it as well. But, i really believe that some people are intimidated by her intelligent way of getting her point(s) across. She's not bullshitting about. And a lot of bum-f**ks can't handle it. They can't handle the truth of what she's saying.

The whole thing is insane to me. How can a person be against fighting climate change? Especially someone who has young children, or young grandchildren.

Oh. And as far as the mural. I like it.

JoeyC...

Co-sign ^ nod

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
Reply #20 posted 11/13/19 7:56am

poppys

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

After seeing some of those pics, I like the SF one. I like his technique(?). Love it ☺️

I think this is the finished work.

See the source image

Reply #21 posted 11/13/19 8:07am

poppys

Istanbul

See the source image

Reply #22 posted 11/13/19 8:16am

poppys

Skolstrejk for Klimatet - School Strike for Climate (swedish>english)

See the source image

Reply #23 posted 11/13/19 8:25am

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

poppys said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

See the source image

Turned out nice.

I know this is probably not what y'all wanna hear but, I think she's cute, especially when she furrows her brow ☺️
mushy
Reply #24 posted 11/13/19 8:33am

poppys

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

poppys said:

See the source image

Turned out nice. I know this is probably not what y'all wanna hear but, I think she's cute, especially when she furrows her brow ☺️

cool

I like it too. There is something painterly and Mona Lisa about it. It fits Union Square in San Francisco well.

Reply #25 posted 11/13/19 8:54am

poppys

THEKILLINGJOKE said:

poppys said:

See the source image

Wow, i love that one. thumbs up!

JoeyC...

Me too. It's in the UK.

The 15m-high mural, which stretches the entire height of the Tobacco Factory in Bristol, depicts Greta Thunberg partly submerged in icy water.

The Bristol-based Jody Thomas took eight days to complete the mural, which was created as part of Summer Editions by Upfest, Europe’s largest street art festival. Around 65-70 percent of the wall was painted with water-based paint with an electric spray gun powered by the Tobacco Factories solar cells.

Reply #26 posted 11/13/19 12:03pm

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

poppys said:

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

poppys said:

See the source image

Turned out nice. I know this is probably not what y'all wanna hear but, I think she's cute, especially when she furrows her brow ☺️

cool

I like it too. There is something painterly and Mona Lisa about it. It fits Union Square in San Francisco well.

Kinda does remind me of Mona Lisa
mushy
Reply #27 posted 11/13/19 1:36pm

poppys

A few more from dailymail.uk. I like the graffiti, and her braids.

A mural of Swedish teenage climate change activist Greta Thunberg has been completed in San Francisco

A close-up look of the newest mural in San Francisco

Reply #28 posted 11/13/19 2:45pm

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

Wow! It looks so realistic.
mushy
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Greta Thunberg mural in San Francisco