independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 9:03pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Is Veteren's day the most pc holiday?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

2freaky4church

Is Veteren's day the most pc holiday?

My least favorite fake holiday. I have nothing against blue collar soldiers, who are lied to and duped, but the holiday, true pc dreck. No anti war opinions allowed. No truth about what war is or what it does. No mention of civilian deaths, ptsd. We bark about pc all day and night but our system fosters manufactured truth. The same society that still lies about how radical MLK was.

And, get rid of the Star Bungled Banner. Worst song ever. We Shall Overcome, now that's an anthem.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/11/19 11:16am

onlyforaminute

If you got the day off I can't see why you are complaining, says one who is at work.
Year of Return 2019
Reply #2 posted 11/11/19 1:35pm

onlyforaminute

Listen to NPR today, I think they heard you.
Year of Return 2019
Reply #3 posted 11/11/19 3:17pm

guitarslinger4

2freaky4church1 said:

My least favorite fake holiday. I have nothing against blue collar soldiers, who are lied to and duped, but the holiday, true pc dreck. No anti war opinions allowed. No truth about what war is or what it does. No mention of civilian deaths, ptsd. We bark about pc all day and night but our system fosters manufactured truth. The same society that still lies about how radical MLK was.

And, get rid of the Star Bungled Banner. Worst song ever. We Shall Overcome, now that's an anthem.

I don't think anyone's slagged for anti-war opinions, but I think shitting on the troops is a no go.

If anything, Veterans Day is just another day to most people it seems like. I just don't like all the forced patriotism performances at the beginnings of sports events. It feels gross.

Reply #4 posted 11/11/19 3:56pm

uPtoWnNY

guitarslinger44 said:

2freaky4church1 said:

I don't think anyone's slagged for anti-war opinions, but I think shitting on the troops is a no go.

If anything, Veterans Day is just another day to most people it seems like. I just don't like all the forced patriotism performances at the beginnings of sports events. It feels gross.

Folks have no idea what true patriotism really is.

Reply #5 posted 11/13/19 3:32pm

Pokeno4Money

uPtoWnNY said:

Agreed. Some think it's all about wearing red white and blue, and waving flags. It's not.

What it's really about is guys like Pat Tillman and Colin Powell.

Regardless, veterans deserve their day.

Sure, not all veterans deserve to be honored. But you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.

Bottom line, millions of veterans fought for America. Many got injured or killed doing so. Just like cops, it's a thankless and often dangerous job ... which is why so few want to join.

Every great country needs a military, without one we'd be speaking just German and running extermination camps.

If anything, patriotism in all it's attempts/forms brings people together.

Go to a sporting event between bitter rivals, and the only time all 100,000 people unite is when the anthem is played. That's a powerful thing, bringing together people who otherwise dislike each other.

And there is nothing sicker or more revolting than what radical leftists did on Veterans Day in Portland, attacking innocent people who were doing nothing more than waving American flags on a bridge.

They even tried to bite off a flag-waving woman's boobie!!

And one of the attackers is a college professor. No wonder we all believe our children are doomed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7676849/MMA-fighter-takes-aggressive-Trump-protester.html

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

https://nypost.com/2019/0...a-is-long/
Reply #6 posted 11/13/19 4:38pm

13cjk13

Pokeno4Money said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Agreed. Some think it's all about wearing red white and blue, and waving flags. It's not.

Sure, not all veterans deserve to be honored. But you don't throw away the baby with the bath water.

Bottom line, millions of veterans fought for America. Many got injured or killed doing so. Just like cops, it's a thankless and often dangerous job ... which is why so few want to join.

Every great country needs a military, without one we'd be speaking just German and running extermination camps.

Go to a sporting event between bitter rivals, and the only time all 100,000 people unite is when the anthem is played. That's a powerful thing, bringing together people who otherwise dislike each other.

And there is nothing sicker or more revolting than what radical leftists did on Veterans Day in Portland, attacking innocent people who were doing nothing more than waving American flags on a bridge.

And one of the attackers is a college professor. No wonder we all believe our children are doomed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7676849/MMA-fighter-takes-aggressive-Trump-protester.html

"Portland Police Sgt. Kevin Allen said no arrests were made after they investigated the incident and examined the footage." And, just to be clear, the Proud Boys are the mos unpatriotic disgusting assholes on the planet. Your description of the event is hysterical, though lol

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #7 posted 11/13/19 7:22pm

Pokeno4Money

https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/mma-fighter-tara-larosa-takes-down-anti-trump-protester-in-oregon/

No arrests were made, but the case has been referred to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, The Oregonian reports.

“There are conflicting versions of the events, so we are gathering all of the information we can and referring it to the district attorney,” Portland police Sgt. Kevin Allen told the newspaper in a statement.

"Jussie Smollett wanted to become the Rosa Parks of Gay Black Men, but instead he became the Rosie Ruiz."

Reply #8 posted 11/14/19 9:12am

uPtoWnNY

Patriotism is criticizing your country when it fucks up....asking tough questions of folks in power (even the ones you voted for)......respecting the rights/opinions of Americans who don't look/think/or have a different lifestyle from you...

All this flag-waving, "America, love it or leave it"/"My country, right or wrong"/"We're the real Americans" that I hear from the right is nationalism, not patriotism....straight-up bullshit.

James Baldwin nailed it:

“I love America more than any other country in the world and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.”

Reply #9 posted 11/14/19 10:06am

RodeoSchro

Pokeno4Money said:

uPtoWnNY said:

"Innocent people"? They were members of the "Proud Boys", which is a classifed hate group and NEVER appears anywhere that they don't plan to use violence. Your story only gives the "Proud Boys" participant's version of the altercation, but that seems good enough for you.

So you're a "Proud Boys" defender now. I have to admit, I am both surprised and very, very disapppointed.

I never figured you for a white nationalist.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
Reply #10 posted 11/14/19 10:07am

RodeoSchro

Pokeno4Money said:

https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/mma-fighter-tara-larosa-takes-down-anti-trump-protester-in-oregon/

No arrests were made, but the case has been referred to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, The Oregonian reports.

“There are conflicting versions of the events, so we are gathering all of the information we can and referring it to the district attorney,” Portland police Sgt. Kevin Allen told the newspaper in a statement.

What a surprise - white nationalist supporter Andy Ngo was there.

What happened to you?

P&R's Palladin
Reply #11 posted 11/14/19 1:42pm

13cjk13

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said:

What a surprise - white nationalist supporter Andy Ngo was there.

What happened to you?

Was poor little self loathing Andy getting harassed by the big bad "antifa" again. bawl bawl bawl

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
Reply #12 posted 11/14/19 7:33pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

2freaky4church1 said:

have you ever gone to a Veterans parade a held up signs, calling it a fake holiday or gone to the VOA and brought up your gripe?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #13 posted 11/15/19 6:20am

Pokeno4Money

RodeoSchro said:

"Innocent people"? They were members of the "Proud Boys", which is a classifed hate group and NEVER appears anywhere that they don't plan to use violence. Your story only gives the "Proud Boys" participant's version of the altercation, but that seems good enough for you.

So you're a "Proud Boys" defender now. I have to admit, I am both surprised and very, very disapppointed.

It saddens me that most of the remaining few here can't distinguish the difference between hating people and hating actions/behaviour.

Not surprising though, as the majority of responses in this forum are based on who the writer is rather than what the writer wrote.

But I'll reiterate, for the unfortunate few that may have stumbled onto this thread without knowing the "characters" of P&R.

I am against unprovoked violence, period.

Doesn't matter who is the attacker.

Doesn't matter who is the victim.

I will ALWAYS side with the victim, with regard to that particular situation ONLY.

If it had been an Antifa member who was waving the American flag in honour of Veterans Day that got attacked, and a Proud Boys member who went there to initiate a vile, disgusting unprovoked attack, I'd side with the Antifa member ... again, for THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION ONLY.

I have no clue if Tara LaRosa is a member of the Proud Boys or any other political group.

All I know is she should be COMMENDED for her actions during this incident.

She broke up a fight, subdued the attacker, protected the attacker from possible retaliation by the other flagwavers, and kept her cool despite having her BOOBIE nearly bitten off.

Considering LaRosa is obviously capable of beating the living crap out of anyone, male or female, she deserves all the praise she's getting.

And "The Professor" deserves all the backlash she's been getting for her deplorable behaviour.

So again ....

Judge actions, not people.

Judge what is written, not who wrote it.

Life is not black or white.

Stop always taking sides based on whether or not the person shares similar beliefs as you.

There's good and bad in everyone.

Reply #14 posted 11/15/19 6:38am

OldFriends4Sal
e

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/black-woman-recalls-day-saved-alleged-kkk-member-mob-article-1.1501050

Black woman recalls day she protected alleged Ku Klux Klan member from angry mob

He started to run when cries of "Kill the Nazi" rang out, but soon fell to the ground. Protestors began to kick and strike the man with placards.

As the blows continued to rain down, a horrified Thomas threw herself on top of the man to shield him.

"When people are in a crowd they are more likely to do things they would never do as an individual. Someone had to step out of the pack and say, 'This isn't right,' " she said.

Mark Brunner, the photographer who took the incredible shots, was amazed at Thomas' selflessness.

"She put herself at physical risk to protect someone who, in my opinion, would not have done the same for her," he said. "Who does that in this world?"

Most Read

Gang members slam BMW into rival and his 8-year-old son in Harlem

His final gift: Bronx mom donates boy's organs after he dies in fall from window

LIVE IMPEACHMENT UPDATES: Trump declares impeachment inquiry 'DEAD' as his ousted Ukraine envoy prepares to testify

Thomas, who had previously experienced violence, says that the man did not deserve to be attacked.

Thomas has not met the man she protected since that day, but has been thanked by his son.

"Nobody deserves to be hurt, especially not for an idea."

She has never met the man she protected again, but months later a young man approached her in coffee shop and thanked her. When she asked what he was thanking her for, his reply was simple.

"That was my dad."

In
Reply #15 posted 11/15/19 6:45am

Pokeno4Money

OldFriends4Sale said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/black-woman-recalls-day-saved-alleged-kkk-member-mob-article-1.1501050

Black woman recalls day she protected alleged Ku Klux Klan member from angry mob

He started to run when cries of "Kill the Nazi" rang out, but soon fell to the ground. Protestors began to kick and strike the man with placards.

As the blows continued to rain down, a horrified Thomas threw herself on top of the man to shield him.

"When people are in a crowd they are more likely to do things they would never do as an individual. Someone had to step out of the pack and say, 'This isn't right,' " she said.

Mark Brunner, the photographer who took the incredible shots, was amazed at Thomas' selflessness.

"She put herself at physical risk to protect someone who, in my opinion, would not have done the same for her," he said. "Who does that in this world?"

Most Read

His final gift: Bronx mom donates boy's organs after he dies in fall from window

LIVE IMPEACHMENT UPDATES: Trump declares impeachment inquiry 'DEAD' as his ousted Ukraine envoy prepares to testify

Thomas, who had previously experienced violence, says that the man did not deserve to be attacked.

Thomas has not met the man she protected since that day, but has been thanked by his son.

She has never met the man she protected again, but months later a young man approached her in coffee shop and thanked her. When she asked what he was thanking her for, his reply was simple.

"That was my dad."

That woman is a saint, God Bless her.

We need a LOT more people like her.

Thanks for sharing this.

Reply #16 posted 11/15/19 6:51am

maplenpg

Pokeno4Money said:

RodeoSchro said:

It saddens me that most of the remaining few here can't distinguish the difference between hating people and hating actions/behaviour.

Not surprising though, as the majority of responses in this forum are based on who the writer is rather than what the writer wrote.

But I'll reiterate, for the unfortunate few that may have stumbled onto this thread without knowing the "characters" of P&R.

I will ALWAYS side with the victim, with regard to that particular situation ONLY.

If it had been an Antifa member who was waving the American flag in honour of Veterans Day that got attacked, and a Proud Boys member who went there to initiate a vile, disgusting unprovoked attack, I'd side with the Antifa member ... again, for THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION ONLY.

I have no clue if Tara LaRosa is a member of the Proud Boys or any other political group.

She broke up a fight, subdued the attacker, protected the attacker from possible retaliation by the other flagwavers, and kept her cool despite having her BOOBIE nearly bitten off.

Considering LaRosa is obviously capable of beating the living crap out of anyone, male or female, she deserves all the praise she's getting.

And "The Professor" deserves all the backlash she's been getting for her deplorable behaviour.

So again ....

Stop always taking sides based on whether or not the person shares similar beliefs as you.

Your words- 'If it had been an Antifa member who was waving the American flag in honour of Veterans Day that got attacked, and a Proud Boys member who went there to initiate a vile, disgusting unprovoked attack, I'd side with the Antifa member ... again, for THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION ONLY'.

So what about the truth. That they (Proud Boys) pointed the flag inches from her face, telling her to fuck off, and then, when she swats the flag away they attack her. It was the Proud boys that initiated the 'disgusting, unprovoked attack' - gosh that's a surprise to us all (not). Who you going to side with now? (as if I don't know).

https://twitter.com/defendpdx/status/1193972569688412160

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #17 posted 11/15/19 9:03am

RodeoSchro

Pokeno4Money said:

RodeoSchro said:

So again ....

You lost it when you called the “Proud Boys” innocent.

A REQUIREMENT FOR “PROUD BOYS” MEMBERSHIP IS VIOLENCE AGAINST ANTIFA.

The “Proud Boys” are NEVER innocent. Violence is in their charter. Defend them at the risk of your reputation.

P&R's Palladin
Reply #18 posted 11/15/19 9:08am

13cjk13

OldFriends4Sale said:

RodeoSchro said:

Most Read

"That was my dad."

We went to war to irradicate Nazis. I guess we were wrong with that silly little WWII.

Reply #19 posted 11/15/19 9:53am

uPtoWnNY

OldFriends4Sale said:

RodeoSchro said:

Most Read

"That was my dad."

She's a fucking MORON. Saving a fucking racist who doesn't even think blacks are human? Probably one of those brainwashed "love your enemy, turn the other cheek" negroes.

We are a lost people.

Reply #20 posted 11/15/19 11:14am

OldFriends4Sal
e

LOL and how again did a thread about Veterans Day, turn into another spill over from the regular us vs them wars found in so many other P&R threads LOL lol you guys go there quick LOL

In
Reply #21 posted 11/17/19 9:37am

OnlyNDaUsa

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said:

So again ....

You lost it when you called the “Proud Boys” innocent. A REQUIREMENT FOR “PROUD BOYS” MEMBERSHIP IS VIOLENCE AGAINST ANTIFA. The “Proud Boys” are NEVER innocent. Violence is in their charter. Defend them at the risk of your reputation.

antifa are fascist... they use violence and threats to push their agenda and to shut down voices they do not like to the extent they want to prevent anyone from heating it... but we know some are blind when it comes from their side...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #22 posted 11/17/19 10:00am

13cjk13

uPtoWnNY said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Most Read

"That was my dad."

She's a fucking MORON. Saving a fucking racist who doesn't even think blacks are human? Probably one of those brainwashed "love your enemy, turn the other cheek" negroes.

We are a lost people.

Remember WWll when we pushed down voices we didn't like? You know, those Nazis that were slaughtering Jews? Remember how we stopped their agenda, that agenda of slaughtering Jews? Yeah, we didn't like those voices, did we.

Reply #23 posted 11/17/19 10:07am

OnlyNDaUsa

uPtoWnNY said:

We are a lost people.

yet another example of the "keep yo place" mindset and if not you get attacked!

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #24 posted 11/17/19 9:45pm

Pokeno4Money

uPtoWnNY said:

We are a lost people.

You mean like Tara LaRosa turning the other cheek BOOBIE and saving from an ass-whipping a flag-hating Trump-hating protester who was looking to start a fistfight?

Your timing couldn't have been any better. lol lol lol

Reply #25 posted 11/17/19 10:18pm

uPtoWnNY

13cjk13 said:

uPtoWnNY said:

We are a lost people.

Remember WWll when we pushed down voices we didn't like? You know, those Nazis that were slaughtering Jews? Remember how we stopped their agenda, that agenda of slaughtering Jews? Yeah, we didn't like those voices, did we.

I wouldn't save the life of someone who's part of an organization that terrorised my people for decades....hung them from trees, laughed about it and got away with it. We're supposed to love and forgive these animals? Please. I still remember the ugly stories my older southern relatives told me about their experiences. And you know that inbred prick wouldn't have saved her if the situation was reversed.

Reply #26 posted 11/18/19 10:49am

Pokeno4Money

uPtoWnNY said:

And you know that inbred prick wouldn't have saved her if the situation was reversed.

You're right.

And THAT'S why she is a great person, and he is the scum of the earth.

Because she would (and did) do something that he wouldn't.

The best way to separate ourselves from evil people, is to be better than them.

Reply #27 posted 11/18/19 12:57pm

TD3

My grandfather fought in WW I. What's really happened , most people these days don't have anyone in the armed forces... many can't relate.

I'd argue if we had a draft in the US, we'd never go to war. lol The standing in the gutter, putting one hear over ones heart, flag-wavers would never volunteer to fight. Its all a con game to butter those up who've lost loved ones... less than 2% of the population does US fightiing .

========================

[Edited 11/20/19 22:18pm]

Reply #28 posted 11/19/19 8:58am

poppys

It's Veteran, not Veteren.

And what grown ass man says BOOBIE?? gah.

politics: the art or science of government.
Reply #29 posted 11/19/19 10:11am

RodeoSchro

OnlyNDaUsa said:

RodeoSchro said:

Pokeno4Money said: You lost it when you called the “Proud Boys” innocent. A REQUIREMENT FOR “PROUD BOYS” MEMBERSHIP IS VIOLENCE AGAINST ANTIFA. The “Proud Boys” are NEVER innocent. Violence is in their charter. Defend them at the risk of your reputation.

antifa are fascist... they use violence and threats to push their agenda and to shut down voices they do not like to the extent they want to prevent anyone from heating it... but we know some are blind when it comes from their side...

Is English your second language? This might explain why you take a word like "antifa" and assign the exact opposite meaning to it that it actually has. So if English really is your second language, let me give you some information that will be helpful to you.

Sometimes it's helpful to read a dictionary in order to learn a new word. Or, in this case, a new prefix. In this case, the prefix "anti" which, according to merriam-webster.com means:

"one that is opposed"

"opposed to : AGAINST"

"combating or defending against"

https://www.merriam-webst...onary/anti

So the term "antifa" means "against fa" and as we all know, the "fa" is short for "fascism". I know English can be tricky but what the term "antifa" means is "against fascism".

Glad to help clear up your confusion!

P&R's Palladin
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Is Veteren's day the most pc holiday?