independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 1:14pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > House passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 11/02/19 7:04am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

how do they develop new drugs for animals?

oh and animals are lessor being that humans... Are you also a vegetarian? do you want to ban meat?

We risk going way off topic here, so I'm going to try to keep it on topic. In animal testing, there is much cruelty and testing that is completely unneccessary. Testing such as the crash tests on the pigs, such as testing cosmetics or cleaning products by rubbing it in the eyes of animals, etc... etc... I know there is some animal testing where I can see how people come to the conclusion that it has value (even though I don't agree), but the line needs to be drawn when cruelty is involved. And that should be worldwide, not even country-wide. So the bill making animal cruelty a federal felony is necessary to stop cruelty country wide, whether that be testing on animals or other cruelty inflicted on animals in other ways. We have a duty to look after those that don't have a voice.

I'll not answer the rest as it's too far off topic, but if you're really interested, even though we've had the conversation before, let me know - I'll create a thread smile

thank you

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 11/02/19 8:10am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

We risk going way off topic here, so I'm going to try to keep it on topic. In animal testing, there is much cruelty and testing that is completely unneccessary. Testing such as the crash tests on the pigs, such as testing cosmetics or cleaning products by rubbing it in the eyes of animals, etc... etc... I know there is some animal testing where I can see how people come to the conclusion that it has value (even though I don't agree), but the line needs to be drawn when cruelty is involved. And that should be worldwide, not even country-wide. So the bill making animal cruelty a federal felony is necessary to stop cruelty country wide, whether that be testing on animals or other cruelty inflicted on animals in other ways. We have a duty to look after those that don't have a voice.

I'll not answer the rest as it's too far off topic, but if you're really interested, even though we've had the conversation before, let me know - I'll create a thread smile

thank you

Try highlighting the whole sentence. Thank you.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #32 posted 11/02/19 9:42am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

thank you

yet you admit you agree with me all along.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
Reply #33 posted 11/02/19 10:13am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

No learn to read, it clearly says "even though I don't agree".

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
Reply #34 posted 11/02/19 10:13am

2freaky4church

Ban all factory farming. Animal husbandry bad for the environment too.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
Reply #35 posted 11/02/19 11:26am

OnlyNDaUsa

2freaky4church1 said:

Ban all factory farming. Animal husbandry bad for the environment too.

so you want chicken to be $20 a pound? and beef... forget about beef... why not just say you want meat banned? Or rather you want only rich people to be able to afford it?

Reply #36 posted 11/02/19 11:27am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

back peddle faster maybe some people will believe you...

Reply #37 posted 11/02/19 11:29am

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

I get it, you don't want to discuss the topic. You'd rather just troll rolleyes

Reply #38 posted 11/02/19 11:37am

OnlyNDaUsa

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

except you admitted it had value... see yes I highlight only part... but then you highlighted the part where you said you draw the line a cruelty... Meaning you admit that non-cruel testing is a thing.

also what some of you all fail to grasp is just because it hurts or has little if any use that doesn't necessarily make it cruel. I am not sure you grasp what the word "Cruel" means...

to be cruel it has carry some intent to cause suffering without regard to the suffering or for no good reason. you not agreeing with the value of the data gained has zero to do with the intent of the person doing the tests.

Reply #39 posted 11/02/19 12:30pm

maplenpg

OnlyNDaUsa said:

maplenpg said:

1) except you admitted it had value... see yes I highlight only part... but then you highlighted the part where you said you draw the line a cruelty... Meaning you admit that non-cruel testing is a thing.

2) also what some of you all fail to grasp is just because it hurts or has little if any use that doesn't necessarily make it cruel. I am not sure you grasp what the word "Cruel" means...

to be cruel it has carry some intent to cause suffering without regard to the suffering or for no good reason. you not agreeing with the value of the data gained has zero to do with the intent of the person doing the tests.

1) Stop being an idiot for the sake of it. That is not what I said. I said that I could see why some people might say it had value. I then said "even though I don't agree" - I'm not sure how in any way that it me saying it had value.

2) Of course I'm going to disagree with that definition of cruelty, but you're putting a legal rather than a moral spin on it. I think it's cruel to rub bleach into animals eyes, or burn animals skin, yet the testers would say they need to find out what happens in case a child did it. I think the pictures display cruelty, yet they are not doing anything illegal. So, as far as I'm aware animal testing is legal in the US, same as over here, the fact I believe it is immoral, cruel and utterly pointless is just my opinion, and won't change a thing. But hey, fill your boots with the value that 'legal' cruelty testing on animals has, just because it creates 'data' rolleyes

Reply #40 posted 11/03/19 10:48am

2freaky4church

Pretty ignorant there Only.

Reply #41 posted 11/03/19 11:13am

EmmaMcG

Animal cruelty should be punishable by death. And I know that sometimes I like to say things as a joke but I am absolutely serious about this. Anybody guilty of mistreating animals deserves to die. Painfully.
Reply #42 posted 11/03/19 11:48am

2freaky4church

Emma, not cool.

Reply #43 posted 11/03/19 2:35pm

EmmaMcG

2freaky4church1 said:

Emma, not cool.

Good thing I don't care if you think I'm cool or not then isn't it. smile
Reply #44 posted 11/03/19 2:52pm

OnlyNDaUsa

EmmaMcG said:

Animal cruelty should be punishable by death. And I know that sometimes I like to say things as a joke but I am absolutely serious about this. Anybody guilty of mistreating animals deserves to die. Painfully.

that is silly... you put an animal's life over a person's? what about other living things? Like Bugs?

Wait! Killing a person painfully is cruel... and people so would thoes that put that person to death be put to death? Oh what if a dog kills a cat? would the dog be put down? painfully?

and again I am opposed to cruelty... but this is clearly NOT a federal interest.

Reply #45 posted 11/03/19 5:14pm

onlyforaminute

Meh. I guess the intentions are good. But im not ready to throw a parade about it. Turkeys shouldn't be thron from planes, people shouldn't abandon pets. Livestock should be well maintained. But writing laws on paper without funding seems a bit moot. And given there are not the funds to do what's already supposed to be done. I call smoke screen.
Year of Return 2019
Reply #46 posted 11/04/19 8:12am

EmmaMcG

OnlyNDaUsa said:

EmmaMcG said:

that is silly... you put an animal's life over a person's? what about other living things? Like Bugs?

Wait! Killing a person painfully is cruel... and people so would thoes that put that person to death be put to death? Oh what if a dog kills a cat? would the dog be put down? painfully?

and again I am opposed to cruelty... but this is clearly NOT a federal interest.

It depends on the person. Anyone who would willingly harm an animal would definitely be below any animal in my estimation. And yes, even bugs. And for the record, I'm not talking about killing for food. I'm not a vegetarian and I love a good steak. What I'm talking about is causing unnecessary harm and distress to the animal. Like, when you see these stories about these people kicking dogs to death or stubbing out cigarettes on their cats face. Or pulling legs off spiders. Those kinds of people who do that are absolute scum and deserve the same punishment they would get if they carried out these acts on humans.

As for your comments about what if a dog killed a cat, I can only hope that you're trolling because otherwise you are extremely stupid. Dangerously stupid, in fact. I shouldn't have to explain the difference between what a human being, who is supposedly an intelligent species, does and a dog, who may be acting on pure animal instinct, does. Like, come on. Don't feign stupidity to try to make a point. You're better than that.
Reply #47 posted 11/04/19 10:28am

maplenpg

EmmaMcG said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

It depends on the person. Anyone who would willingly harm an animal would definitely be below any animal in my estimation. And yes, even bugs. And for the record, I'm not talking about killing for food. I'm not a vegetarian and I love a good steak. What I'm talking about is causing unnecessary harm and distress to the animal. Like, when you see these stories about these people kicking dogs to death or stubbing out cigarettes on their cats face. Or pulling legs off spiders. Those kinds of people who do that are absolute scum and deserve the same punishment they would get if they carried out these acts on humans. As for your comments about what if a dog killed a cat, I can only hope that you're trolling because otherwise you are extremely stupid. Dangerously stupid, in fact. I shouldn't have to explain the difference between what a human being, who is supposedly an intelligent species, does and a dog, who may be acting on pure animal instinct, does. Like, come on. Don't feign stupidity to try to make a point. You're better than that.

I'm against the death penalty so that would be a step too far for me but, having worked in high security jails, it is absolutely true that a lot of cruelty in adulthood starts with cruelty to animals in childhood. I think the law should be much, much harsher than it currently is.

Also, there is loads of unnecessary harm and distress to the animals in the meat and dairy industry. Loads. It's just most people turn a blind eye to it in order to satisfy their taste buds (I'm also guilty of being a huge hypocrite because I consume dairy despite knowing some of the cruel practices it involves). I would like much, much harsher regulations on farmers whose animals never see natural light, or smell fresh air.

Reply #48 posted 11/04/19 10:34am

EmmaMcG

maplenpg said:

EmmaMcG said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

It depends on the person. Anyone who would willingly harm an animal would definitely be below any animal in my estimation. And yes, even bugs. And for the record, I'm not talking about killing for food. I'm not a vegetarian and I love a good steak. What I'm talking about is causing unnecessary harm and distress to the animal. Like, when you see these stories about these people kicking dogs to death or stubbing out cigarettes on their cats face. Or pulling legs off spiders. Those kinds of people who do that are absolute scum and deserve the same punishment they would get if they carried out these acts on humans. As for your comments about what if a dog killed a cat, I can only hope that you're trolling because otherwise you are extremely stupid. Dangerously stupid, in fact. I shouldn't have to explain the difference between what a human being, who is supposedly an intelligent species, does and a dog, who may be acting on pure animal instinct, does. Like, come on. Don't feign stupidity to try to make a point. You're better than that.

I'm against the death penalty so that would be a step too far for me but, having worked in high security jails, it is absolutely true that a lot of cruelty in adulthood starts with cruelty to animals in childhood. I think the law should be much, much harsher than it currently is.

Also, there is loads of unnecessary harm and distress to the animals in the meat and dairy industry. Loads. It's just most people turn a blind eye to it in order to satisfy their taste buds (I'm also guilty of being a huge hypocrite because I consume dairy despite knowing some of the cruel practices it involves). I would like much, much harsher regulations on farmers whose animals never see natural light, or smell fresh air.

I agree. Definitely much harsher regulations are needed. Like I say, I love a good steak but that doesn't mean i want the cow to suffer. And any farmer who allows the suffering of animals should be dealt with.

In relation to the death penalty question, I'm personally for it but only in extreme cases. I could go into more detail but that's probably a topic for another thread.
Reply #49 posted 11/04/19 11:20am

maplenpg

EmmaMcG said:

maplenpg said:

I agree. Definitely much harsher regulations are needed. Like I say, I love a good steak but that doesn't mean i want the cow to suffer. And any farmer who allows the suffering of animals should be dealt with. In relation to the death penalty question, I'm personally for it but only in extreme cases. I could go into more detail but that's probably a topic for another thread.

Problem is, a lot of it is perfectly legal. Animals are just a commodity. The slaughterhouses need to raise their game too. This* video *WARNING VERY DISTRESSING CONTENT* was filmed whilst an inspector was present. He okay'd everything. Makes me sick - these poor sheep could have had lovely outdoor lives for all I know, yet their deaths are horrendous.

Reply #50 posted 11/04/19 1:03pm

EmmaMcG

maplenpg said:

EmmaMcG said:

maplenpg said:

I agree. Definitely much harsher regulations are needed. Like I say, I love a good steak but that doesn't mean i want the cow to suffer. And any farmer who allows the suffering of animals should be dealt with. In relation to the death penalty question, I'm personally for it but only in extreme cases. I could go into more detail but that's probably a topic for another thread.

Problem is, a lot of it is perfectly legal. Animals are just a commodity. The slaughterhouses need to raise their game too. This* video *WARNING VERY DISTRESSING CONTENT* was filmed whilst an inspector was present. He okay'd everything. Makes me sick - these poor sheep could have had lovely outdoor lives for all I know, yet their deaths are horrendous.

Please don't be offended but I won't watch that video. I can't.
Reply #51 posted 11/04/19 1:10pm

maplenpg

EmmaMcG said:

maplenpg said:

Please don't be offended but I won't watch that video. I can't.

No offense taken. But it happens legally in slaughterhouses daily. It should be humane enough to watch. It's not.

[Edited 11/4/19 13:10pm]

Reply #52 posted 11/04/19 3:26pm

2freaky4church

Bugs? wink wink. nudge nudge. hehe

Reply #53 posted 11/07/19 12:53am

maplenpg

Spotted this article in the news today. Basically a man is walking his dog, sees a cat, and deliberately encourages the dog to kill it. They are seeking the man now. This man deserves to have the book thrown at him, yet I suspect at best he would get a couple of years in jail, and that's only if he has previous. Sick, foul, scumbag - let's hope they, at the very least, catch the fucker.

https://news.sky.com/stor...spark_wn=1

Reply #54 posted 11/25/19 11:11am

OldFriends4Sal
e

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Michigan-is-a-No-Kill-state-for-shelter-animals--559845821.html?fbclid=IwAR2kkAJtmfkaWEjdi1WU0R7Hfpo2861_LWmAdVkv5wC3f0QXclFpGDbgcec

Michigan is now 'no-kill' state for shelter animals

To be considered a "no-kill" state, 90 percent of animals are either returned to owners, transferred to other shelters and rescue organizations, or adopted.

"This is an amazing first for our state," said Deborah Schutt, MPFA founder and chairperson. "When the shelters in a state combine to meet the 90% target, that state is considered No-Kill for shelter animals. Only Delaware, which has three shelters, compared to 174 in Michigan, also reached the No Kill benchmark last year."

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
Reply #55 posted 11/25/19 11:13am

OldFriends4Sal
e

maplenpg said:

Spotted this article in the news today. Basically a man is walking his dog, sees a cat, and deliberately encourages the dog to kill it. They are seeking the man now. This man deserves to have the book thrown at him, yet I suspect at best he would get a couple of years in jail, and that's only if he has previous. Sick, foul, scumbag - let's hope they, at the very least, catch the fucker.

I hate that people use animals as an extension of their socialpathologies

1. he is walking his dog with no leash

2. he goes onto private property, the cat lives there

so when they catch him there will be more thrown at him

In
Reply #56 posted 11/25/19 12:01pm

maplenpg

OldFriends4Sale said:

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Michigan-is-a-No-Kill-state-for-shelter-animals--559845821.html?fbclid=IwAR2kkAJtmfkaWEjdi1WU0R7Hfpo2861_LWmAdVkv5wC3f0QXclFpGDbgcec

Michigan is now 'no-kill' state for shelter animals

To be considered a "no-kill" state, 90 percent of animals are either returned to owners, transferred to other shelters and rescue organizations, or adopted.

"This is an amazing first for our state," said Deborah Schutt, MPFA founder and chairperson. "When the shelters in a state combine to meet the 90% target, that state is considered No-Kill for shelter animals. Only Delaware, which has three shelters, compared to 174 in Michigan, also reached the No Kill benchmark last year."

This is excellent news. Let's hope other states follow suit.

Reply #57 posted 11/25/19 12:03pm

maplenpg

OldFriends4Sale said:

maplenpg said:

He got jailed for 18 weeks and is banned from keeping animals for life.

It is not illegal to walk a dog off the leash over here. Sadly it seems more was not thrown at him sad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...m-50439111

Reply #58 posted 11/25/19 12:11pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

maplenpg said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

He got jailed for 18 weeks and is banned from keeping animals for life.

It is not illegal to walk a dog off the leash over here. Sadly it seems more was not thrown at him sad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...m-50439111

Oh that was in the UK

I'm mean he came right onto the persons property like it was his own.
He acted like it was premeditated. Like he knew the cat was there and he wanted to get back at it or the owner.

In
Reply #59 posted 11/25/19 12:15pm

poppys

Agree with all the animal protection measures. Pets of course, including exotic, but also farming and lab animals. I saw your thread before maplenpg, but did not respond because I get physically ill over mistreatment of animals.

I saved a few after Katrina and have spayed/neutered 16+ feral cats myself over the years. There are catch and release programs here. You put them back in the neighborhood where you got them, and there are feeding stations and good samaritans (like me) that stock the stations. It actually began in London with a group called Alley Cat Allies. The vet snips the tip of the ear so people don't recatch the same ones over and over. My house cat Iris started out as a feral rescue someone gave me. Took awhile but she was able to be domesticated. She is 13 now.

The problem after hurricanes, especially Katrina, was that the shelters and official rescuers would not rescue pets, and they forced people to leave, you weren't allowed to stay if they saw you. Now they have changed that law, you can take your pets and they have various shelters. Still better to evacuate before the storm because you are separated from your pets.

Of course there are people who just leave them etc. When I lived in the islands, many people believed the folklore that you should put your pets outside during a hurricane and they would naturally know what to do which is ridiculous. Poodles, pekingese and kittens senselessly dying for no reason. People are really stupid sometimes.

politics: the art or science of government.
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > House passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony